Cody Latkovski Addresses Critics, Explains Incident with Miyazono in New York Finals

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 7, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Qyn and ProjectF like this.
  2. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Helluva quick driver but he's not the full package yet due to his careless race craft. A very rough diamond.

Calming down a bit might be a good idea.

Qyn, fastone371, DK and 4 others like this.
  3. evldave333

evldave333

Reminds of Seb at canada this year similar levels of denial for it too lol

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    OnyxMoneytron likes this.
  4. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Nothing like a bit of driver rage when you can’t maintain the pace,
    I think we all go into rage / concentration mode when playing catch-up, I know I become quicker over a lap with less mistakes when i’m chasing rather than left alone in front.

5. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

I think I have seen enough at this point to surmise that this is pretty much just his on-track personality. He’s ultra aggressive and borderline wreckless at times. That’s his signature. He’s in a bit of denial about how truly awful that Spa move was. ;) That said, he is certainly one of the best in the world and I think having a somewhat controversial driver like him involved is generally good for the series. It is certainly entertaining, but I think others would be wise to remain on high alert around him at all times while on track due to his ultra aggressive nature!

6. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

It’s the Kimi syndrome.

BadFlounder, llNovall and evldave333 like this.
  7. pjmack

pjmack

Nik is quick, no question, but his racing manners and etiquette let him down. Makosi-Academic frequently shows similar behavior in FIA races in the Oceania region. He’s oblivious to the lack of respect shown to him as he seems to think he’s faultless in every incident he’s so frequently involved in. Same as his son it appears.
    I was ashamed to see our flag associated with that move at Spa. I only hope that he gains some maturity before Paris.

Pubs16, fastone371, IronM@sk and 7 others like this.
  8. bil coz

bil coz

Acts like an ass, talks like an ass. Could it be

Pigems, geeTeye, fastone371 and 2 others like this.
  9. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Is Akademik Nik's father? I thought he's his brother or something :lol: One of the most infamous and erratic drivers I've come across in our region. I tried talking to him nicely before, and he got better for 1-2 races, then just reverted back. That's just how some people drive unfortunately. Nik may be aggressive but at least he's got speed. Whenever he came up in my rear view I just wave him by. Defending against Nik, unless you're a fellow alien, is always going to end in tears :p

fastone371, IronM@sk, kub_man and 4 others like this.
  10. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

He's good to watch when he's on his A game though, like in his battle with Adam Suswillo. He showed a bit of class there (ignoring his silly complaint about Suswillo's defending) so he's definitely got it in him...somewhere...

11. gtpierre

gtpierre

I'm not sure in which race it was, and if it was against Cody, but Suswillo did defend like an ass various time in two events. I recall him changing line upon braking, and he also bump passed slower drivers.

Put damages on, disqualify dirty drivers and give their points to the "victim". Any position gained by contact should be given back.
    And apply a clearly defined penalty system.
    Bumping someone similarly can not be +1s in race 1, +5s in race 2, +0s in race 3, and then +2.5s at the next event.

12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 Premium

Maybe put Latkovski in his proper region.

Pigems, Winnie847 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Load of BS he is talking

Needs to be banned for next event for sure.

14. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

I am one of his critics but i think we saw the driver Cody wants to be, and is going to be (i hope) with his fantastic drives until his huge mistake and subsequent illegal block on Miyazono.

Next step is to keep it cool when it comes to gesturing and talking during the race :)

Ddkklop likes this.
  15. The Cake

The Cake

Why is it so hard for him to admit that was really bad move. Like his trying to say he is innocent.

16. Auditore

Auditore

So Cody is the new Maldonado?

Wut? Vettel is nowhere near Cody levels of dirty.Cody is straight up Maldonado 2.0 with a bit of Verstappen sprinkled in.

Romafo72 and fastone371 like this.
  17. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

He attended 2018 World Tour 2 and WF. So I think this is not debut.

HERE4BEER3 likes this.
  18. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Stubborn but fair from what I've seen.

19. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies

Most who have raced in the top splits in Oceania can share a dirty driving Cody yarn or two.

Make him sit out an event as punishment so he knows there are consequences.

I remember one of the earliest events he was defending himself saying he “wasn’t a dirty driver,” yet the song remain the same.

20. racer_xis

racer_xis

Didnt see the other guy and moved to block... Block who?

Pigems, JonoStan96, Romafo72 and 4 others like this.
  21. pjmack

pjmack

Yeah, interesting comment.

22. Famine

Famine Administrator

Apparently quite a few of you think that this article and thread gives you complete freedom to open fire on both the driver in question and the nation he represents.

It does not. Keep it polite.

23. Winnie847

Winnie847

This sounds like the best plan. But I'm not very informed about the why's and how's. Can somebody fill me in? I know Cody races in Oceana but lives somewhere else and is almost always laggy with orange/red bar connections. Why is this allowed to happen and why doesn't he race from where he lives? Isn't that in the rules?

IronM@sk, Pigems, JonoStan96 and 5 others like this.
  24. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

Probably "resident" in Australia, "temporarily" in macedonia??? He might have two passports/residencies and has simply decided hes more Australian for whatever reason. On the other hand, GT Sport players have been known to take on flags of countries they might only be temporarily living in thinking they had to do this to meet the residency rules of the competition.

I think the lag is probably the bigger issue. Why is it not possible for him to use his Aus PSN in European sport mode while he is in Macedonia?

At the end of the day I doubt anyone really cares. It is just a game and hes more than fast enough to be at the finals.

Also - I think that if he does anything dodgy like this "block" :lol: again he and Igor for that matter should pay a higher price the second time around.

Pigems and Romafo72 like this.
  25. DJShadesUK

DJShadesUK

Last time I checked Australia isn't in the EMEA region.

JonoStan96 likes this.
  26. Odiesback

Odiesback

Isn't this the guy who answered "Pure luck" when asked about why the South America dominance? lol

JonoStan96 and Novalee like this.
  27. Novalee

Novalee

maybe pd should use wreckfest and let the folks have at it

28. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

If you're at a tour final and gaining an advantage from habitually crashing people out or pulling off a bump and run, and you have a reputation for doing so in the regular season, that's not careless, that's deliberate.

29. Adam41

Adam41 Premium

Please explain. You're the first to criticise my defensive moves in that race. And I'm not even sure what other event you're referring to.

30. Johnny Dean

Johnny Dean

Seems like a decent chap, and I love all the gesturing and mood swings, he's the closest to a classic race-driver temperament than any others on the tour, I love it.

Great battle with @Adam41 too - that was some riveting racing. Can't wait til Salzburg...

Romafo72, PirovacBoy and Adam41 like this.