community features

  • Thread starter Thread starter oik01
  • 36 comments
  • 2,785 views
Messages
160
I know they said January but have any leaks surfaced about the exact date or the possibility of a livery editor?
 
No exact date is given but I expect it to be released with the Subaru VGT that's expected to be revealed on the 13th.
 
I am thinking we may get it as soon as Jan 1st. If you look at the red bull events the last 2 say they will be available on Jan 1st. The notes on the patch also mention another set of seasonal events on Jan 1st.

Other quotes I have saw said that there may be 2 big updates in January so that indicates also that one will come early and that we may see a second large update mid month
 
No exact date is given but I expect it to be released with the Subaru VGT that's expected to be revealed on the 13th.
And what source caused you to expect all of this?
 
That's not what I asked. I asked for a source on January 13th and the Subaru VGT.

Somewhere in the Vision GT threads, you should find it easily if you are such interested in verification
 
It is not listed on the upcoming features on the official site. Other features such as the track creator are listed.

None of the information that has come through in any of the interviews with PD about GT6 have even hinted that there will ever be a livery editor.

It ain't happening.
 
That's not what I asked. I asked for a source on January 13th and the Subaru VGT.

http://www.autoportal.iol.pt/noticias/geral/foto-a-bomba-da-subaru-para-o-gran-turismo-6

948x624


The Subaru has released the first image of your virtual supercar for Gran Turismo 6. The Subaru Vision Gran Turismo will join the Mercedes and BMW Vision Gran Turismo from 2014. The official debut is scheduled for the Detroit auto show on 13 January.

So far have not advanced details about the "mechanics", since it is a supercar developed exclusively for the virtual world, but it is expected to shatter something.

The aesthetics, however, is impressive. The silhouette suggests that it will air the BRZ (Toyota GT86 twin brother), with shapes taken to the extreme, being halfway between the aggressiveness of the Mercedes Vision Gran Turismo and Red Bull exuberência the x2014.

With presentation scheduled for the Detroit show in January 13, the Subaru Vision Gran Turismo will be part of a special package that will be available for download in January.

Besides the Subaru, Mercedes and BMW, plus 15 marks for videogame developed projects, including Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, Bertone, Honda, Infiniti, Italdesign Giugiaro, Nike, Nissan, Peugeot, SRT (Chrysler ), Volkswagen and Zagato.
 
i like the vision gt cars they all look so cool cant wait for bmw's german precision masterpiece
 
It is not listed on the upcoming features on the official site. Other features such as the track creator are listed.

None of the information that has come through in any of the interviews with PD about GT6 have even hinted that there will ever be a livery editor.

It ain't happening.
They won't put everything on the site... I'm pretty sure most of those features will be released this month since they probably were supposed to be in the original game, and over the next months new things will come out. Come on, don't act like you know it won't ever exist. When GT5 came out nobody knew what would be in the updates, and now all we know is some delayed features and that the updates will be way better than GT5's.
 
They won't put everything on the site... I'm pretty sure most of those features will be released this month since they probably were supposed to be in the original game, and over the next months new things will come out. Come on, don't act like you know it won't ever exist. When GT5 came out nobody knew what would be in the updates, and now all we know is some delayed features and that the updates will be way better than GT5's.
Yes, but with some of the other stuff, there was at least a hint it was happening.

There has been nothing on this, and there is nothing on the site either. Posting a thread asking "when will it come out?" Is well wide of the mark here.
 
ono99, post: 9152463, member: 198829"]i like the vision gt cars they all look so cool cant wait for bmw's german precision masterpiece[/quote]

It looks like a Great White Shark with the grille, headlamps, nose, it will eat the competition.
 
I fail to see anything In either of your links that states there will not be a livery editor.
I guess you missed the part int he second link that talks about the livery editor where this text appears

Kazunori wisely tempers expectations, however, noting that he “does not think a full livery editor be available”.

It does however hint that we may get something more than what we have but not something like you see in Forza even then it does not say that there will be even a basic editor in GT6 just that they are working on something. That something may end up being in GT7 and not in GT6
 
I fail to see anything In either of your links that states there will not be a livery editor.

Because it would be announced as one of the updates if it was some what obviously?
 
I missed nothing , nowhere in either of those links states that a livery editor will not be implemented.
 
I missed nothing , nowhere in either of those links states that a livery editor will not be implemented.
NOWHERE does it say that that we will and nowhere does it say we won't. You can speculate all you want, but main swing of opinions from both Kaz and ourselves suspect we won't get it. Even though there have been pictures shown with Kaz and the LE in the background, I'm going to keep my hopes down for now until we get a good interview from him...

I wouldn't get too excited. Just getting the stuff back that was in GT5 would be a decent start.

There is no livery editor planned.
Dude, try not to straight up shoot everyone's hope down. I'm not being a hard critic and neither are you, but that's like saying "you can't have that because your 4'5" "
 
My point was you can't straight up say there will be no livery editor like its a fact when the truth is no one really knows.
 
Call me a party pooper but I don't WANT a livery editor.
Refer to some earlier threads talking about GT6 pushing the PS3's limits.

In particular, GT6 has to play around with the PS3's RAM - for example, if you have a car in the Stockyard and then look at it the same model in the Dealership, it won't show as ticked. In other words, the list of cars in the Stockyard isn't loaded in RAM when you are in the Dealership... or perhaps anywhere other than the Stockyard.
We believe this means the PS3's RAM is already maxed out in the main menu.
Considering the already-poor loading times during Championships and Online Lobbies, I don't really want to see them get even longer because GT6 has to push the RAM around more to accommodate for peoples' custom textures.

I believe this is why Kaz has mentioned he doesn't think there will be a livery editor - he doesn't know how his team could rewrite the game code to accommodate for it.
A livery editor, from a technical viewpoint, is much more feasible on the PS4 which has 32 times the PS3's RAM.
 
Last edited:
Back