Confession Booth

• Thread starter ash6660
  • 4,154 comments
I solemnly promise that I am going to try to behave myself on GTP and not cause any problems anymore.

I changed my path of post high school plans education wise because of a crush on a girl.

While it may seem stupid it's not necessarily all that stupid since all of the schools I was looking at offer the same education for and would ultimately get me to the same place I want which is the automotive field. Plus I was most likely going to stay local anyway, even without the crush being a factor.

I quitted my job in July, came back to Portugal and I'm going to make a pause until the end of the year before searching for a new job. I'm going through a depressing kinda phase after a tough break up (9 year relationship) and I need time to rethink my future and readjust my mid/long term objectives.

I had to look up the past tense of to quit. :sly:

English is by no means a simple language to master, especially when plenty of words don't have regular past tense varieties.

You should have quitted English long ago and taken up Swahili.

English is by no means a simple language to master, especially when plenty of words don't have regular past tense varieties.

Uko sahihi kabisa.

To be honest, I'm still lost on when to use , : ; when I write I tend to try to use ; to make myself sound smart :P.

Yeah, English is hard and sometimes confusing @kikie I don't even know what the past tense for "to quit" is, I should google it.

I had to look up the past tense of to quit. :sly:

I'm not a native English or a master of the language by any stretch of the imagination but I went to check it too just to be sure. I reckon is one of those weird cases in the EN language that makes us all wonder "why in the world?". ^^

I used to be an aggressive driver not long after I got my license. (Probably to be expected from any kid in high school) I used to brake check people who were tailgating and race people who were in the merging lane at an intersection. I wised up after someone took out their road rage on me.... Driving home from work, having some guy in a pickup tailgating me flashing his lights at me. Funny enough, I wasn't purposely trying to upset him... I was actually stuck behind two cars on a two lane road going at the same speed. But the guy in the truck thought I was to blame for holding him up in the left lane, so he followed me to my parents street and tried running me off the road. Hard to forget that....

After that... I figured being aggressive towards anyone on the road isn't worth it. Leave them to go on their way and let them make their own mistakes, so you don't have to be a part of the accident they may cause.

I played hookey today with work. No reason, just didn't want to deal with it today.

One of my colleagues suggested companies should have 'wellness days' as opposed to sick days. Not in the way that you might plan a day off to run errands but a day when you wake up and think "today I feel so great, I'm loving life and I'm too well to work today" and then call it in. Having a few of these days in a contract would probably reduce people pulling sickies unnecessarily.

Whenever I talk to someone here, I just picture our avatars talking.
Turns out, I'm not alone on that one.
Sometimes I want to comment "nobody cares" on someone's status.
Since the majority of status doesn't get any replies or likes, I assume people simply doesn't care.
Even though I am a male, I prefer to sit down when I urinate.
Used to do that a lot back in the school days or *rcr voice* or when I have to take a poop.

And then Darius comes in.
Add a chrome monolithic structure with a floating GTPlanet icon to that.

Confessions:
I'm happy being single, but I really, really want to be with someone special. Both of those things conflict with each other really hard.

I've visited r/watchpeopledie quite frequently in the past week despite having a severe reaction to death-related topics...That's all I'll say on that matter.

Add a chrome monolithic structure with a floating GTPlanet icon to that.

Confessions:
I'm happy being single, but I really, really want to be with someone special. Both of those things conflict with each other really hard.

I've visited r/watchpeopledie quite frequently in the past week despite having a severe reaction to death-related topics...That's all I'll say on that matter.
A somewhat confession in itself, I never understood the need for someone in their lives. It's something that always confused me when I hear people's search and desires for someone while I never even bothered considering being with someone.

I never heard of r/watchpeopledie (granted, I just use reddit for r/yugioh and literally nothing else but I do hear of popular subreddits from time to time), sounds massively dark.

Back