Confession Booth

• Thread starter ash6660
  • 4,154 comments
Continuing the trend:

I've never watched more than half of a single Harry Potter movie & I'd rather have teeth pulled than do so.
I've only seen the first 30 minutes of the first one and then gave up.

Wizards and Magic just doesn't do it for me :indiff:

I never actually got past the second Harry Potter movie, and it took me a few years to finish the last Lord of The Rings movie because... giant spiders *shudder*. The Hobbit was another fun one. I took my girlfriend at the time to see the Desolation of Smaug and somehow had managed to completely forget about that section in Mirkwood. "Why are you staring at the wall?" she asked "No reason"

And yet I enjoyed the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.
I'd sooner set myself on fire and read the books before extinguishing myself than subject myself to those movies again.

"The books are okay I guess, but the story would be much better this way."

:rolleyes:

I've only ever had a friend over at my house once and that was on my 13th birthday. I'm 21 now. I would like to have people come over more frequently but since the last time, it's turned into such a toxic and dangerous environment that it's probably for the best that it doesn't happen. Also part of me would like to find a girlfriend or at least a girl friend (note the space) but for the same reason above and the fact that I have absolutely no idea what to say or do, it probably won't happen.

When I was 8 years old, I found out the pet rabbit we were going to get was coming and I wanted to stay at home to see it when it arrived instead of going to school. So I was planning on pretending to be sick that day so I wouldn't have to go, but knock on wood, I actually got sick that morning. (unintentionally) I threw up around breakfast time and had to stay at my grandmas that day, I can't remember if I felt better after that or not, but I did get to see our new rabbit arrive though. (Which was nice)

Looking back now, I am glad I got sick that day and didn't have to pretend to be, but I will admit, I probably would've done it had that not of happened.

Last edited:
When I was 10 or 11, I remember I had issues getting Crash Bandicoot 2 and Spyro Year of the Dragon to load on my PS1. My cousins birthday was coming up and since he had both games supposedly working fine, I contemplated on swapping the discs I had with his. I shoved Crash Bandicoot 2 in my back pocket and I think Spyro was in my coat pocket, then when I sat down, Crash 2 broke into two pieces, but Spryo was fine. (And still is to this day) In the end, I did not go through with the plan I had made (I was too hesitate), so the swap never happened. However, what did happen was it later became known that the game was broke and I think I said I had dropped it and broke it, my sister even claims she saw it happen. I faintly recall faking it so it would seem so and I can be reasonably certain my sister saw it.

Thing is, that copy of Crash 2 was NOT mine :scared:, it belonged to my other cousin Brandon, who I used to borrow games from a lot when I was young. (I admit some games i'm still unintentionally borrowing 10+ years later and he probably doesn't even realize it) He eventually found out about the game (somehow) and called my mom about it and I think she repeated what I had said earlier. I talked to him some time later on and he apparently wasn't mad, just concerned. I felt bad, so I made an effort to buy another copy for him, which I eventually did and I think he told me to just keep it (He apparently didn't care about PS1 games anymore at the time) and I don't recall much happening afterwards.

However, I did reveal the truth to him about a year or two ago about what really happened to it and why, I also told him I was very dishonest when I was young (Which I was) and he forgave me for it. (He's pretty easy going) My family still doesn't know what really happened to it and honestly, I don't plan on telling them because despite how long ago it was, I just don't think it's worth it. However, if I do get asked about it somehow, I won't lie about it as I did a long time ago, because that's not who I am anymore, however i'm hoping they won't even remember it by now.

Last edited:
As one of the most passionate, fervent, ardent supporter of Wales, pro-independence, spirit of Glyndwr and completely anti-British, anti-Union, chip-on-my-shoulder with the noisy neighbour in both sports and politics type person you'll ever meet, I really must confess...

...I quite like the Baddiel & Skinner song Three Lions.

My store sells these cheese sticks in the wing bar that make me violently ill whenever I eat them (bloating, uneasy stomach, intense drowsiness) but I can't seem to avoid eating them.

I have spent the last ~10 days of my family holiday reading this thread and The General Relationship Thread in their entireties. IIRC that's at least 6,000 posts.

Got four more days to kill. Any suggestions? :P

TB
Something less depressing.

Old Yeller.
Honestly, the relationships thread helped me clarify my own feelings somewhat, and this thread had enough random hilarious confessions thrown in during serious conversations to keep the mood up. Some eye-opening stories though.

It's funny seeing a name reply to me whose posts I have been reading from maybe a decade ago, if I remember rightly. I wonder what the posters would think of their posts from back then, especially those who were, say, 18 in 2005.

I have something weighing me down. It's more about my personal attitude regarding something in my life rather than something I've done, but I think it might be WAY too dark and heavy to say here so I'll just drop this little nugget.
When I was in third grade I stole this Return of the Jedi activity/puzzle book from my teacher's library. I took my time packing my stuff so I was the last one in the classroom. That was about the worst thing I did during elementary.

Now here is a more interesting confession I have that happened 11 years ago today! (Yes I remember the date)

To start off with a quick back story on this, around this time back in 2007, when I was in 8th grade, I had been playing Lego Star Wars II The Original Trilogy on the PS2 a lot at the time. I can remember reading about Lego City in that game and it made me kind of anxious to unlock it. I can remember getting very close to unlocking it and I knew I wasn't too far away from doing so. So what did I do next?

Well, on this very day 11 years ago, I purposely skipped my math homework I was given so I could have time to unlock Lego City in that game and play it. Surely enough, I did unlock it and I got to play it that day. I had such a blast playing it, it was one of the funnest experiences I had in a while at the time. It made my day and ultimately became one I would remember many years later. In fact, I still have pretty vivid memories of what all I did that day and if you had to ask me what my best days were in 8th grade, it'd be somewhere in the top 5! :D And it happened 11 years ago today....

Now is skipping homework a good idea? No. Was it worth it for this one time? Absolutely! I have to admit, 11 years later I still don't regret doing it. After all, I am pretty sure I made it up the next day and didn't have any issues with it so all was good and nobody ever knew about it. :sly: I still have my save from back then on my memory card and I actually like to go back and play that exact level again on this day just for the fun of it.

I have to confess that I don't want to confess anything anymore. :odd:
It makes me feel weak, strange and violated because people know things about me and I don't know anything about them.

images

I must at least type this out so I know if I’m delusional or not.

In about 5 years ago I made a very similar post to this about a woman at work that I had fallen for despite being married.

Well, Déjà-****ing-vu. Here I am again seemingly in love with a colleague and try as I can I can’t get over her. We’ve been friends for years and I’ve been interested in her for perhaps 2 years now.

I’m half sure my wife knows, although I hope she doesn’t because I love her and don’t want her to hurt. At the start of this year I spent a lot of time with this woman from work (outside of work) and we got close; on several occasions she instigated very intimate actions. I know it’s messed up my relationship with my wife somewhat but I don’t know what I can do about it now.

The whole situation is tearing me apart and seriously messing with my mental health.

If I confess to my wife I know it’ll be the end of my marriage and my life but I’m not sure I can live with the guilt.

Maybe by confessing here it might help me feel a bit lighter about the burden.

Well I just took a trip down memory lane and read some of my 'confessions' from 10 years ago. Man, this thread has some gems :scared:

To keep this trend going: I haven't watched The Lion King and have no interest in doing so.

You should man... If you are ashamed of doing that in public, just save some personal time aside and do it alone... No one will judge...

I've only ever had a friend over at my house once and that was on my 13th birthday. I'm 21 now. I would like to have people come over more frequently but since the last time, it's turned into such a toxic and dangerous environment that it's probably for the best that it doesn't happen. Also part of me would like to find a girlfriend or at least a girl friend (note the space) but for the same reason above and the fact that I have absolutely no idea what to say or do, it probably won't happen.

You are what people call a late bloomer...
Don't worry at all, I was one, heck I am still one...
But it is totally alright, and there is Nothing wrong with you.
Actually things will turn out well for you in time, your patience will be rewarded I assure you.
A great friend will come along when you least expect it or are not looking...

I am with you man... I have been there and I know how it feels... Just bare with it... Do what you enjoy doing and be nice to everyone no matter what... You will do Just fine.

There I guess that's my confession. I am a late bloomer...

Edit:
I have always like girls at an early age, but between my shyness and my semi socially awkward behavior, I didn't get to have a pseudo girl-friend until 25, but that was short lived and I guess my real first girlfriend wasn't until at least 28....

But I have learned so much since then...

I am still learning about the world as we speak.

Last edited:
Back