Confused- is the new DLC coming out on the 17th or 18th?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 38 comments
  • 3,916 views
Messages
2,647
I've just read a few articles saying that the new DLC is coming out on Tuesday but previously it was Wednesday.....

I live in the UK so does the Tuesday date apply only to the U.S.?
 
The new DLC is coming out on the 18th for us. The US may get it earlier because of how the PS Store updates work by region.
 
Can you post links to said articles?
 
The new DLC is coming out on the 18th for us. The US may get it earlier because of how the PS Store updates work by region.

Yeah, should have known we'd be the last to get everything :rolleyes:
 
It doesn't do that for other games though, does it?
 
North America gets it tomorrow because the PS Store updates every Tuesday here. For me, who lives in the NE region, I'll see it in my PS Store at 6PM. Unfortunately, because the PS Store updates Wednesday in Europe and Asia and I believe Thursday in Australia, they get it on their respective dates. So the 18th for Europe and Asia, and possibly the 19th for Australia.
 
It does it for anything related to the PS Store. All updates occur on Tuesday in SCEA and Wednesday in SCEE.
 
The 17th where I live, that's when the PlayStation Store Updates.
 
And when does the PSN Updates? as in the EST Time.
 
the update is tonight may i add. its always a day before the official announced day its usually 9 Pacific central time, for me but for some people its on that day
 
I live in UK and got the first dlc on a Tuesday, before the Wednesday ps store update, can't comment on 2nd dlc as I got that a few days after release, I expect it Tuesday (tommorow) and won't be happy if its not there as I've booked day off work to play it
 
I live in UK and got the first dlc on a Tuesday, before the Wednesday ps store update, can't comment on 2nd dlc as I got that a few days after release, I expect it Tuesday (tommorow) and won't be happy if its not there as I've booked day off work to play it

Well if most available sources say its the 18th.. Why on earth did you book off the 17th?
 
Well if most available sources say its the 18th.. Why on earth did you book off the 17th?
For Europe: 1st DLC was pushed into stores on a Tuesday morning; outside of the regular PSN update - which in Europe traditionally is Wednesday between 5 and 7pm. 2nd DLC was released in the course of a regular PSN store update, hence Wednesday evening.

Taking a day off for DLC - no words :nervous:
 
I was expectant of the DLC hitting a day after maintenance had taken place. So I'm pretty set for the 18th, although Sony do have store updates Tuesday at 5:00pm GMT London.

Either way I fully expect to play it Wednesday afternoon, if its out before, great.


UNDER PROMISE, OVER DELIVER, FRIENDS. :)
 
alex291190
Well if most available sources say its the 18th.. Why on earth did you book off the 17th?

This is not looking good, doh! :nervous:
 
Opps forget it. Misread.
 
Last edited:
I bet PD wanted to make up for the US not getting the first DLC until a week later by releasing this DLC earlier. :sly:
 
The update will happen after the maintenence which is very soon (matter of hours) the DLC will come after the PSN store of your region normally weekly updates.
 
The DLC will most likely be released on the 18th. And yes, for once US gets the goodies first.

A bit off-topic, but I needed to buy a new copy of the game in Japan ever since December and was glad Spec II was coming out with free DLCs in February. Then I saw the US/Asia XL edition which includes Car Pack 2 and on sale on January 17th, I was pretty annoyed at how I need to spend an extra 10-15 dollars after conversion to get the same content in Japan than US on a later date. :grumpy:
 
You do realize that the US got the 2nd DLC first as well and probably would have gotten the first DLC first as well if there wasn't the confusion right?
 
You do realize that the US got the 2nd DLC first as well and probably would have gotten the first DLC first as well if there wasn't the confusion right?

Haha, ok, so again US gets the better deal compared to everyone. GT5 DLC in the US is the cheapest and is on sale earliest compared to everyone else. Everyone's paying up at least a $1 or $2 more after conversion for the same content? And people say Sony and PD gives cares about the Japanese market and neglects the US audience. :crazy:
 
BWX
Opps forget it. Misread.

From the GT Site

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 1/16/2012 22:00 EST
Finish: 1/16/2012 23:00 EST

During the maintenance, you will not be able to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact time of the maintenance may slightly vary

Yep that is today.

Your quick ninja edit :)
 
Haha, ok, so again US gets the better deal compared to everyone. GT5 DLC in the US is the cheapest and is on sale earliest compared to everyone else. Everyone's paying up at least a $1 or $2 more after conversion for the same content? And people say Sony and PD gives cares about the Japanese market and neglects the US audience. :crazy:

We got shafted a week late before. How soon you forget, or never bothered to find out.


From the GT Site

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 1/16/2012 22:00 EST
Finish: 1/16/2012 23:00 EST

During the maintenance, you will not be able to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact time of the maintenance may slightly vary

Yep that is today.

Your quick ninja edit :)

Haha, my edit beat your post by 30 seconds.
 
BWX
We got shafted a week late before. How soon you forget, or never bothered to find out.

Oh man...please read up the page to catch the context of what I said before telling me that I forgot or never bothered to find out. I said for once US gets the goodies first with the DLC 1.0 being delayed. Then someone replies "No, US gotten DLC 2 first and would've gotten DLC 1 first, too if it wasn't for the screw up." So I replied with the meaning that US is getting the better treatment again with DLC 2 being the first one. But then again...US DLC is still the cheapest compared to everywhere else in the world, so they've been getting the good deals from the beginning.

P.S. Funny how no matter how one's opinion is, someone will always be there to bash it. Oh well. :)
 
It comes out in the 17th (Tuesday) over here in the US.

Maintenance starts in 30 minutes BTW :)
 
Back