CORE Australia | Australasian GT / Spaces AvailableFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 371 comments
We are still definitely racing.

Room will open at 7pm Adelaide time. Spec check will be at 7:40, so I expect all cars on track at that time and we will start the race at 7:45pm. the starting order will be in order of how we finished in race 1 with any cars that didn't race last Wednesday starting behind everyone else who was there.

I'll post the starting order shortly, so everyone knows where they should be starting.

We are still definitely racing.

Room will open at 7pm Adelaide time. Spec check will be at 7:40, so I expect all cars on track at that time and we will start the race at 7:45pm. the starting order will be in order of how we finished in race 1 with any cars that didn't race last Wednesday starting behind everyone else who was there.

I'll post the starting order shortly, so everyone knows where they should be starting.
Just a question is bathurst gonna be different in the way of one race for 90 minutes

Excited to get race 2 done finally! Full 40 minute race again? Hoping everyone has remembered :S lol

Hoping i'm able to get back to where i was in Race 2. Had the race well under control and was gutted to see this get restarted as i was well on track to round off a fantastic double header :(

Just a question is bathurst gonna be different in the way of one race for 90 minutes

I would've loved to have done that, but it makes it hard to export replays as it goes past the 45 minutes. However I won't rule out doing something special in the build up to the Bathurst 1000 ;)

Excited to get race 2 done finally! Full 40 minute race again? Hoping everyone has remembered :S lol

Yes it will be 40 minutes again.

Hoping i'm able to get back to where i was in Race 2. Had the race well under control and was gutted to see this get restarted as i was well on track to round off a fantastic double header :(

It's definitely unfortunate, I would've preferred to see the race finished instead of the issues we had last week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting Order - Race 2

1. @Beau Albert
2. @ItzRacing
3. @JonoStan96
4. @Pubs16
5. @LITTLEBLACKO
6. @Killing Heidi
7. @brad_kirtland
8. @amcdo122
9. @SAI SANTOSH

@Matvex @Johnny Rodger @Lachie_82 @itsLynxy and @Konnor, you are all welcome to take part in race 2, but you will be required to start from the back. If there is more than 1 driver who didnt take part that joins in tonight, then we will have the grid order set to fastest to the front, with all remaining drivers forming up in the order they are on the grid, behind the 9 drivers above.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be fine mate ;) but I expect @ItzRacing to maybe be a little more competition.
I myself am aiming to not get tangled up in the pace lap and have a clean start lol

Thanks to everyone who showed up to run the 2nd race again, it was greatly appreciated. Although we had our issues at the start and needed to restart the race, overall everything else seemed to run smoothly after that.

Personally I probably didn't have the night I wanted to have in the race. I made a couple of mistakes which cost me dearly early in the race. For some reason I just didn't feel completely comfortable. I hit the wall and damaged the left rear while chasing Jono in the opening stint, and then stayed out a lap or 2 too long before pitting. I had a great scrap with Jono after taking damage while trying to hunt him down after pitting and I thoroughly enjoyed the battle. I'm pretty sure we didn't make contact either, but if we did then I'm sorry as I was definitely trying to avoid it as much as possible. Then after Jono had to pit again I knew I had a good enough gap to 3rd place make a pit stop and still have a reasonable gap. I knew I was never going to catch Bobo, so I decided it was safer to complete the last 6 minutes without damage instead of trying to get home with a 30+ second gap to 3rd and throw it away. I'm not sure what time Jono did on the final lap but I came so close to pinching that fastest lap on the final lap as well with a 1:19.225.

Well done to Bobo on the win again tonight, you were just way too quick for me again!

Reminder to all drivers that you need to have your incident reports from both races in by Friday Night. Basically if I wake up on Saturday morning to do the stewarding videos, the incident report has to be there or you run the risk of getting a time penalty. The link to fill out the incident reports is here.

http://www.coreonlineracing.com/#!incident-reports/c1vs3

This needs to be done regardless of whether you were involved in any incidents or not and we need drivers to fill out when they pitted as well. Everyone had to pit at least once, so please don't just put 'none' in the laps pitted section. The reason we gather all this information from the drivers is so we don't have to filter through hours of footage, making sure everyone did the right thing.

Thanks again, and I'll have the drivers briefing for Round 3 up tomorrow night, and the results for Round 2 will hopefully be done by Monday.

Ran some practise laps earlier, this round is going to be a spin-tacular!!! If i can complete a lap without a spin, i'm quitting and buying a lottery ticket!! :lol:
Some late night practice hey mate ;). I'm yet to get on Cape Ring for this, too busy leading up to Japan 12 hour and resting after so not sure how hopeful I'll be for this. Fingers crossed I'm on pace after a nice late podium grab at Trail Mountain to continue some points run :)

Round 3.jpg

Drivers Briefing
@Johnny Rodger @itsLynxy @amcdo122 @Pubs16 @Beau Albert @Killing Heidi @Matvex @LITTLEBLACKO @SAI SANTOSH @brad_kirtland @Lachie_82 @Hayden norris @Konnor @JonoStan96

Circuit: Cape Ring Inside
Races: 2
Distance: 40 mins
Qualifying: 1 x 15 Minutes
Circuit Time: N/A
Weather: N/A

Welcome to round 3 of the CORE Australia / Australasian GT Series. There will be just one or two minor details to cover as generally everyone was well behaved at the last round.

Rolling Starts

It was brought to my attention that there may have been some slight confusion further back in the field about the forming up for the races. The procdure for forming up is explained below from the CORE Rules and Regulations.

5.3 Formation:

All cars must form up with odds on the left and evens on the right.

Pit Entry/Exit Lines

There are solid white lines on the Entry and Exit to the pits. When a driver makes their pit stop they must remain on the left side of those lines when entering or exiting the Track into pit lane.

Room Settings:

Room Settings

Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: Standard
Fixed Room: No

Qualifier Settings:
Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings:
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start (Manual Rolling Start)
Grid Order: Race 1 – Qualifying Order / Race 2 – Previous Race Results
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: 90 seconds
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Timetable

7:00 PM ACST – Room Open
7:40PM ACST – Spec Check
7:45PM ACST – Qualifying
8:00 PM ACST – Race 1 (40 Mins)
8:40 PM ACST – Race 1 Finish
9:00 PM ACST – Race 2 (40 Mins)
9:40 PM ACST – Race 2 Finish

Driver Attendance Sheet

Please fill the following sign up sheet if you are racing on Wednesday Night. If you are unable to attend, please inform us on the forum so Reserve drivers can have the opportunity to race.

Driver Sign Up Sheet
Cape Ring Inside - Wednesday July 29 (7 PM ACST)
1. ItzRacing / #95 / Audi

Will the points be updated? :) also I'm guessing there's no round 2 coverage due to the second race delay...?

Driver Attendance Sheet

Please fill the following sign up sheet if you are racing on Wednesday Night. If you are unable to attend, please inform us on the forum so Reserve drivers can have the opportunity to race.

Driver Sign Up Sheet
2. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan

Will the points be updated? :) also I'm guessing there's no round 2 coverage due to the second race delay...?

Once the stewarding process is complete we will be able to confirm and post the points, hopefully this will be done overnight so I can do it tomorrow, before we race.

As for the coverage. It has been delayed due to the 2nd race delay, and I also ran into issues with the recording of the 2nd race. We will work on getting the coverage done as soon as possible for everyone, as there was some excellent racing throughout the field!

Driver Sign Up Sheet
2. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
3. Bobo / #6 / Corvette

Driver Sign Up Sheet
2. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
3. Bobo / #6 / Corvette
4. Blacko / #14 / Nissan

Sorry I missed last round, looking forward to this one. :-)

Driver Sign Up Sheet
2. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
3. Bobo / #6 / Corvette
4. Blacko / #14 / Nissan
5. Matvex /#5 /Datsun (Nissan)

Stewards Report and Results

Trial Mountain Round 2 Stewards report

Stewards: Memto89, ItzRacing

Race 1

BeauAlbert6 – No Incident Report
Verdict: 15 Second Penalty

N64TheStig007 – No Incident Report

Santu929 – No Incident Report

Brad_kirtland – No Incident Report

Race 2

Lap 1 – X-WTF_MAN-X – Killing-Heidi – Avoidable Contact
Verdict: 90 Second Penalty (X-WTF_MAN-X)
WTF_MAN did not leave the 2-3 car length gap as required in CORE Rules. So when Killing-Heidi slowed as a result of the cars ahead this meant that WTF_MAN's reaction time needed was reduced. This incident simply would've been avoided with a larger gap to the car in front, hence the Avoidable Contact Penalty

Lap 5 – Killing-Heidi - LITTLEBLACKO – Avoidable Contact
Verdict: 90 Second Penalty (Killing-Heidi)
There seemed to be nothing abnormal about LITTLEBLACKO taking the corner and it appears the Killing-Heidi had better cornering speed, making contact with the rear of LITTLEBLACKO and forcing him off track and losing a position. This was viewed as an avoidable incident as Heidi could have used the Brakes to further avoid the incident.

Lap 12 – Pubs16 - LITTLEBLACKO – Racing Incident
Verdict: NFA
This one appears to be a racing incident. Pubs seems to be caught off guard by LITTLEBLACKO suddenly braking and it is viewed a racing incident as there is evidence that Pubs has made an effort to react as soon as possible to avoid the incident.

Lap 29 – BeauAlbert6 – Killing-Heidi – Racing Incident
Verdict: NFA
Beau had slowed to greet the chequered flag and had pulled to the the pit wall, as this was nothing erratic, he is not at fault. Killing-Heidi should have take a bit more care approaching Beau and even moved across to the right side of the track.

X-WTF_MAN-X – Use of text box
Verdict: Warning
The CORE rules and regualtions that the text box must not be used in while a race is in progress. On this occasion it is just a warning to avoid using text box in the middle of the race in the future as it was your 1st race.

BeauAlbert6 – No Incident Report

N64TheStig007 – No Incident Report

X-WTF_MAN-X – No Incident Report

v1qg3m.jpg

qFzPST.jpg

Wait, did i get a 15 second penalty for NOT submitting incident report?? I'm confused..... whats the deal with that? Never knew it was mandatory.... :(
Also the incident between me and heidi across the start/finish i would of been fine with if there were no penalties handed out, gave me a good laugh!!

Driver Sign Up Sheet
2. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
3. Bobo / #6 / Corvette
4. Blacko / #14 / Nissan
5. Matvex /#5 /Datsun (Nissan)
6. amcdo122 / #56 / Mercedes

Back