CORE Formula 1 FGT World Championship Sign up Now!!/Win big prizes!!Open 

So, race every other weekend? I work every other weekend and it looks like the schedule matches up nice. Ran some laps at Spa today and the set up I have seems ok.

Official request to join:

PSN: Oshawa-Joe
Nationality: Canada
Team: Team SNAIL F1
Controller:
Logitech G27

Looking forward to racing Manor Marussia for some points! I haven't done much open wheel in GT6 but the FGT at 650 hp feels much better than the John Force Lotus.

Last edited:

Team: TBD- who needs a team mate?
Controller:
Logitech G27

Looking forward to racing Manor Marussia for some points! I haven't done much open wheel in GT6 but the FGT at 650 hp feels much better than the John Force Lotus.

Good to have you back Joe after this long time:cheers:

Team: TBD- who needs a team mate?
Controller:
Logitech G27

PSN: Incons_icuous
Nationality: USA
Team: TBD
Controller: DFGT

I can probably join in on the series, although I may not make the race at Spa as I've got some cycling going on that day in Wisconsin. Looking forward to GT7 though, this game has been out now for 2 years, cant believe it!

PSN: mustardaddict
Team: unknown
Controller: G27
Nation: USA

Sub 45's? Was tire wear on or off?
Low 45s ? Full fuel and wear on normal? I doubt it.
I'm not running sub 45's, I'm running mid 46's with time to gain but considering there are people much faster than me I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was in fact able to do that.

For the 46's, full fuel but tire wear was off (1 out, 1 hot lap stints considering RS's start to wear after two laps so I wanted to keep it somewhat even)

Last edited:
I'm not running sub 45's, I'm running mid 46's with time to gain but considering there are people much faster than me I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was in fact that fast
Well mid 46's would put you at the top. For qualifying in the test race the pole was a 45.9. You sure car was at 650hp 550kg?

I'm not running sub 45's, I'm running mid 46's with time to gain but considering there are people much faster than me I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was in fact that fast

Mid 46s thats fast man, No nobody is doing low 45s on full fuel thats why you had me wondering.

Front runners are doing high 45s.

When you put tyre/fuel to off instead of normal, it gives you ~1s.

Because you are driving a car with no fuel and with tyres that are at optimum performance all the time.
I'll update tonight after getting some more time in with it set on normal. I set it on normal to get a feel for how fast everything would wear down and pulled a 46.9 within two laps (after getting in practice with it set on off) so it can't be that much of an advantage...

I'll update tonight after getting some more time in with it set on normal. I set it on normal to get a feel for how fast everything would wear down and pulled a 46.9 within two laps (after getting in practice with it set on off) so it can't be that much of an advantage...

Sounds like you got good pace, looking forward to see you on track 👍

^ that's my teammate :cheers:.

I can only do 1:49s, but yeah he's a fast D1 driver.

formula-racing-png.437572

Last edited:
I have s stupid question because I do t have much experience with the FGT. Do the rear tires normally wear a lot quicker compared to the fronts or is it a matter of driving style? How many laps normally should it take to get to 5 rear/ 6 front? I know formula drivers usually keep this stuff fairly close to vest but any guidance would be appreciated.

Just want to put in a good effort on race day and not be discouraged.

Edit: I think I was only comfortable doing about 12 laps on a set of tires.

Last edited:
I have s stupid question because I do t have much experience with the FGT. Do the rear tires normally wear a lot quicker compared to the fronts or is it a matter of driving style? How many laps normally should it take to get to 5 rear/ 6 front? I know formula drivers usually keep this stuff fairly close to vest but any guidance would be appreciated.

Just want to put in a good effort on race day and not be discouraged.

Edit: I think I was only comfortable doing about 12 laps on a set of tires.
Yeah the rear tires wear much faster. Just really have to be careful on the throttle and shift earlier than normal to prevent wheel spin. I think on a set of softs 9 to 10 laps was all they could get. If you can do 12 on a set of softs try pushing more then because I think you'll only lose time by doing 12 laps

Back