Course predictions for final round 2015?

• Thread starter christ
  • 138 comments
United States
Detroit
gold_RSX-S
On facebook people were suggesting Circuit of the Americas - which I'd never heard of. Any other predictions?

On facebook people were suggesting Circuit of the Americas - which I'd never heard of.

huh.gif

The reasoning for COTA (Circuit of the Americas) is that the Nissan GTR-LM Nismo LMP1 was tested there extensively before it broke cover. Then last year at, if I recall correctly, the WEC Event there, some GTP members reported a strong Gran Turismo presence, with Simulators, banners, etc. Of course this doesn't exactly mean anything, but it's an interesting theory.

If the final round uses the LMP2 car, then it'd probably be something like Silverstone GP or La Sarthe. If it's the LMP1, it may be a new track like COTA or an updated version of La Sarthe.

I will not be too surprised if it was the Red Bull Ring or Nurburgring GP
if its red bull ring it will make things so much easier for me lol I don't think it is going ti be redbull ring simply because the things I want are always hard for me xD

Given the last few Academies, it will be a real track that has yet to be used.

Monza - Too simplistic and I can just imagine hair-pulling cone placement
La Sarthe - If it was where we'd start approaching Indianapolis ending at Terte Rouge, that would make sense. If we're asked to run an entire lap only to have it invalidated and stopped at Ford chicane, I will be breaking my wheel this year.
Spa - Already did it last year.
Daytona Road Course - Doesn't feel like there's enough corners.
Fuji - Feasible but boy, do I hate this track.
Indy Road Course - Not long enough.
Laguna Seca - If the car isn't race-spec, possible. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.
Nurburgring - The GP/F version would be a reasonable fit for any machine.
Suzuka - A little long but would make sense, especially if the car's the LMP. This would be my prediction.
Tsukuba - Next!
Twin Ring - Already used in 2012
Ascari - Too long.
Brands Hatch - Possible.
Bathurst - Up to a GT3 machine, yes but the top section is rather iffy to run LMPs.
Red Bull Ring - Too simple.

If it's a brand new race track, I believe that only COTA would apply. If the Gran Turismo team hasn't been at a track, they won't have a model for it.

When are the remaining countries gonna be announced? It is just around 26hrs the time trials start
ps:-I know the question does not fit in this topic,thought better to ask in one of the threads instead of creating New one

We learned last year that Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Suzuka, and Bathurst were the first 4 tracks to be certified by the FIA. We haven't heard anything since, but it seems logical that Red Bull Ring would also have the certification as the newest real world circuit. Of these, Suzuka 2014 makes the most sense for the final. However, I'm hopeful for a new track. COTA,
Dubai, and Yas Marina would all make sense for various reasons, but anything new would be great.

We learned last year that Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Suzuka, and Bathurst were the first 4 tracks to be certified by the FIA. We haven't heard anything since, but it seems logical that Red Bull Ring would also have the certification as the newest real world circuit. Of these, Suzuka 2014 makes the most sense for the final. However, I'm hopeful for a new track. COTA,
Dubai, and Yas Marina would all make sense for various reasons, but anything new would be great.
Yas Marina would be plausible since Finals are being held there. 👍

Silverstone or Red Bull Ring are my two candidates. Silverstone for obvious reasons (all but EU finals will be held there). Red Bull Ring because the track limits are easily policed/set.

Back