Course predictions for final round 2015?

• Thread starter christ
  • 138 comments
I know I said earlier that I didn't care, which I don't, but just to throw my predictions out there, I believe it is going to be either Yas Marina or COTA. I'm almost willing to bet that it will be one of those. If not one of those and it turns out to be an in-game track, then I believe it to be the new Suzuka lay out.

1) Yas Marina
2) COTA
3) Suzuka (new lay out)

Last edited:
I'm guessing Suzuka 2014. Tbey revampted the track, so it'd be the perfect time to show it off. I can't imagine they would use Silverstone again for 2015; they'd most likely try to get different tracks thoughout the event.

Definatly saying Suzuka 2014: it's challenging enough and seems about the right length where it's not a pre -2:00 minute lap, but if you screw it up in the final chicanr, you'll be more than frustrated.

I think LeMans is to long for a whole lap. Nürburgring would make the most sense (if rumors are true and the car will be the GTR LMP1) because the WEC drives there. Suzuka would also be cool. Red Bull Ring is to easy, Spa and Silverstone were already used.

If it helps any, take a look at the specific choices of track in relation so far:

Round 1 - Nissan Nismo GT-R at Silverstone: The original home of GT Academy
Round 2 - Nissan GT-R GT3 at Brands Hatch: The opening round of the Blancpain Sprint Series

Just based on that, I think the LMP2 will have likely have Red Bull Ring as its part of the ELMS and by that logic, the final round (If it is the Nismo GT-R LM) will be a track on the WEC schedule, which could be:

Circuit De La Sarthe (I know many had said its too long but it is still on the WEC schedule and besides, look at when the final round shows up)
Fuji (A track that does have the WEC signage all around)
Nurburging

How on earth is Sarthe too long? Spa was a 2:20 lap in the GT-R last year. Le Mans is 3:20 or less if you're using an LMP, which I'm guessing it will either be the LMP2 or new Nissan LMP1. My guess is it'll be the LMP2.

Going along with @RACECAR's theory, I wouldn't be suprised to see Motegi in round 3, as it's hosted many races for DTM that Lucas has driven in. Suzuka 2014 would make a great final round track if you want to stick with the "intermediate" lap times, with a challenging course.

Just my speculation, though. Curious to see what is!

I'll have to say Motegi for the next round and a new track for the final round. I'm guessing the track in Abu Dhabi or whatever its name is.

If the final round uses the LMP2 car, then it'd probably be something like Silverstone GP or La Sarthe. If it's the LMP1, it may be a new track like COTA or an updated version of La Sarthe.
I'm going to stick by my original prediction. Later today when Round 3 opens, I dare say we'll have a much clearer idea of what the Final Round will feature. I'll be strangely satisfied with a 2014 or 2015 version of La Sarthe as the final round track.

I'm going to stick by my original prediction. Later today when Round 3 opens, I dare say we'll have a much clearer idea of what the Final Round will feature. I'll be strangely satisfied with a 2014 or 2015 version of La Sarthe as the final round track.

Even though I like Sarth and know it well, I'm not too hip on it being a hot lap track. I prefer actual racing there as opposed to hotlapping.

Holy crap guys, I just realized the mind-blowing coincidence in my theory: Should this play out, this would actually follow the order of the progression of a few of the GT Academy drivers (Jann Mardenbarough specifically).

Holy crap guys, I just realized the mind-blowing coincidence in my theory: Should this play out, this would actually follow the order of the progression of a few of the GT Academy drivers (Jann Mardenbarough specifically).
Holy **** your right

This is mind blowing

I still have to disagree with most on the track selection. I'm thinking Motegi or Abu Dhabi. Sarth just does not lend itself to a good hotlap track imo. Plus, I have other reasons for my doubts. ;)

If you see the evolution
Nissan GT-R --> GT-R GT3 --> LMP2
The car for the last round will be the nissan LMP1.
It doesn't matter which track but probably Circuit of the Americas becaus they tested there a lot

Back