CRAP pCARS EndurosOpen 

Select all times that are "generally do-able" for your attendance at the monthly endurance races

• Saturday 13:00 UK

• Saturday 15:00 UK

• Saturday 23:00 UK

• Sunday 15:00 UK

• Sunday 18:00 UK

• Sunday 21:00 UK

• Sunday 23:00 UK

• Friday 23:00

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good race everyone, well done Spliffy and Schmiggz who I think won the GT class. Only 5 of us left at the end, so some ideas for next time - fill the grid up with AI, they might be bad but its better than having no one to race against. For the majority of the race we were all pretty much driving on our own. Also it would be better if everyone was the same class, because for the majority of the race we were all pretty much driving round on our own. :)

Enjoyed the race none the less, not using ABS definitely left me at a disadvantage, tyres were ruined at the end.

Already looking forward to next race.

I struggled for a few laps getting used to having no ABS too. Had to adjust braking points to avoid constant lock ups but all good in the end. I would also like to say thanks to everybody for a good clean race.

I struggled for a few laps getting used to having no ABS too. Had to adjust braking points to avoid constant lock ups but all good in the end. I would also like to say thanks to everybody for a good clean race.

I caused whoever was driving the white McClaren to rear end me into the hairpin, my breaking point was a lot further back than his.

I caused whoever was driving the white McClaren to rear end me into the hairpin, my breaking point was a lot further back than his.

Yeah sorry dude. The Brakes are still much better on an LMP. I did try to brake earlier too!! No worries though, Racing incident and didn't ruin my race.

Very enjoyable afternoon.

I had a bloody terrible race, I think I ended up on my 6th stop cause I kept smashing my car up.

Properly disappointed seeing as I managed 20-odd laps without issues in practice.

@fortbo sorry you missed out, as you were in the lobby with more than 2mins to go you should have been able to join the session. It was too short notice to restart the lobby seeing as we had about 20 seconds to go.

I had a bloody terrible race, I think I ended up on my 6th stop cause I kept smashing my car up.

Properly disappointed seeing as I managed 20-odd laps without issues in practice.

@fortbo sorry you missed out, as you were in the lobby with more than 2mins to go you should have been able to join the session. It was too short notice to restart the lobby seeing as we had about 20 seconds to go.
What happened to you at the beginning of the race at turn 2?

What happened to you at the beginning of the race at turn 2?

The other half decided to walk in front of the screen and ask me questions, had to take to the grass/run off to avoid hitting anyone! I also got a terrible terrible start.

There was much swearing involved.

It was also my first race start in PCars with a wheel, completely forgot I needed to change up to 1st :(

The other half decided to walk in front of the screen and ask me questions, had to take to the grass/run off to avoid hitting anyone! I also got a terrible terrible start.

It was also my first race start in PCars with a wheel, completely forgot I needed to change up to 1st :(

You'll get used to the wheel, I've always used a pad until recently, bought a wheel for this game. When it was delayed I had to try it out of Driveclub. I set a time on a track with the pad, then did lap after lap with the wheel until I equalled it, then beat my time.

A couple of things I noticed, the wheel/pedals is so much more precise, less jerky, much more controlled. However when you start to lose the back end, with a wheel i found it a lot harder to control the skid. Going from lock to lock is almost instantaneous with the pad which makes it easier to get the car straight again. With some wheel practice you can get some really good slides going.

Thats too bad :(. But i thought that you were already using a wheel.

When is the next race btw? :).

How about classic LeMans for the next one? There are about 7 cars to choose from in the LMP900/C1/Classic GT/GT1 categories?

Audi R8 LMP900
Bentley Speed8 LMGTP
BMW V12 LMR
Ford Mk. IV
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Sauber C9 Mercedes

Last edited:
You'll get used to the wheel, I've always used a pad until recently, bought a wheel for this game. When it was delayed I had to try it out of Driveclub. I set a time on a track with the pad, then did lap after lap with the wheel until I equalled it, then beat my time.

A couple of things I noticed, the wheel/pedals is so much more precise, less jerky, much more controlled. However when you start to lose the back end, with a wheel i found it a lot harder to control the skid. Going from lock to lock is almost instantaneous with the pad which makes it easier to get the car straight again. With some wheel practice you can get some really good slides going.

I've had a few good slides but most the time the back ends up overtaking me. Seems a bit harder than countersteering IRL to be honest. I do agreed that it's a lot smoother though, just having the ability to hold the wheel in one place going round a long sweeping corner is better than constantly jerking around on the pad.

My 1:29 in qualifying was around what I got after a few laps with the controller. I'm a hell of a lot less consistent with the wheel at the moment though.

I like the idea of old LMP actually

How about classic LeMans for the next one? There are about 7 cars to choose from in the LMP900/C1/Classic GT/GT1 categories?

Audi R8 LMP900
Bentley Speed8 LMGTP
BMW V12 LMR
Ford Mk. IV
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Sauber C9 Mercedes
Sounds good:D

What about:

- Sakitto GP
- Zhuhai International circuit. (isnt used much i think?)
- Imola

I only have 2 cars from this list :P. I havent bought the DLC.

Audi R8 LMP900
Bentley Speed8 LMGTP
BMW V12 LMR
Ford Mk. IV
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Sauber C9 Mercedes

What about:

- Sakitto GP
- Zhuhai International circuit. (isnt used much i think?)
- Imola

I only have 2 cars from this list :P. I havent bought the DLC.

Audi R8 LMP900
Bentley Speed8 LMGTP
BMW V12 LMR
Ford Mk. IV
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Sauber C9 Mercedes

Ah, I didn't realise they were mostly DLC cars :confused: which are the 2 you have? We don't have to do LMPs, what about GT4s maybe?

Zhuhai would be a great track for an endurance.

Back