CRAP pCARS Formula C/Dallara DW12 Indycar Series - Friday 17th June 2016Finished 

• Thread starter Danrc2010
  • 762 comments
@DIOGOPINTO121 I just watched the first part to @weisda3 video and you were all over the place. Try to keep to one movement when defending guys, swerving like that and blocking someone so they have to brake on the straight to not hit you whilst over taking you isn't cool. Lets not have that again please.

Nicely handled Dan. @DIOGOPINTO121 please read the CRAP COMMANDMENTS section in the first post in our club thread (in fact I've posted them here). It's a guide as to how we expect everyone to behave so we can all enjoy driving with each other.

It's really important to take note of those. You're clearly a quick driver. I know you're still young but please try and mix the talent you have with a bit more gentlemanly behaviour on and off the track. You don't want to mess with Esmie ;)

Thank you.

Hahaha posting while drunk, very dangerous :-)

Not as dangerous as being at an office Christmas party.... hope it wasn't too bad @Spooky Wooky. My friend "Big Kev" once was dancing on a table at the Christmas party, it collapsed under his weight. His boss went loopy so "Big Kev" hit him and got congratulated by his boss's boss who said he'd wanted to do that for years.

Last edited:
CRAP COMMANDMENTS

(Racing rules and Etiquette)

1. Deliberate and/or repetitive corner cutting is forbidden. Part of 2 wheels, on a 4 wheel car ;) should be inside the track boundaries (normally white lines). If you gain an advantage by exceeding the track limits simply give it back.

2. If you come off the track re-enter with care by looking to ensure the track is clear (look left, right, back and mini-map are your friend).

3. Rage quitting the lobby is prohibited. If you have to leave the race early, please inform the race steward about the reason.

4. Dangerous and reckless driving is prohibited. Mistakes happen but if you think you may have caused an accident allow the "victim" to regain their place ahead of you even if that means other drivers also pass you. Better to offer to give back a position in error and be told to carry on than to have the other driver feel silently aggrieved.

5. When being lapped you may stay on the racing line (this is more like older Formula 1 rules) but do not intentionally block the overtaking cars (see 6). Unhappiness yourself is of course allowed. The driver of the overtaking car(s) is responsible for making the pass without incident. It's easier to see where you're going than where you've been. If it isn't then you're pointing the wrong way.

6. When on a straight you're allowed one change of direction before lining your car up for the next corner so no weaving to and fro to stop an overtake or avoid a competitor getting a draft/tow.

7. If the front of the car behind is level with the front door (or driver's head) of the car ahead going into a corner then adequate track space needs to be left for the car behind throughout the corner. If the car behind isn't alongside they may need to back out and wait until the next opportunity.

8. Be aware of your surroundings and other drivers. Use mirrors and look left/right to see your opponents. Treat them as you want to be treated (sado masochists need not apply)

9. Dive-bombing, ramming and breaching the pit blend line are prohibited.

10. Overtaking without incident is the main responsibility of the overtaking car as they have a better view of the other car.

10b. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOURSELF :)

Last edited:

From 5 minutes on, it's the best racing I've had, it was amazing! I was in last place at one point then ended up racing with @HammyMansell and Lightweight1980 for 8 laps for 1st through 3rd.

On the last lap we come together, I don't know who was in the wrong. I flashed him and tried to give him his spot back and he tried to give me his spot. We both talked after and just agreed it was amazing racing, no hard feelings.

Last edited:
Not a great night for me. I was involved in a couple of incidents and spun out a couple of times lol. I had fun racing with knukken for the last few laps of race 2 though.

It looks like random grid is still placing people according to when they enter the lobby. I came in the lobby last and started in 16th and acekiller(host) was 1st.

Looking forward to the rest of the series :cheers:

Nicely handled Dan. @DIOGOPINTO121 please read the CRAP COMMANDMENTS section in the first post in our club thread (in fact I've posted them here). It's a guide as to how we expect everyone to behave so we can all enjoy driving with each other.

It's really important to take note of those. You're clearly a quick driver. I know you're still young but please try and mix the talent you have with a bit more gentlemanly behaviour on and off the track. You don't want to mess with Esmie ;)

Thank you.

Not as dangerous as being at an office Christmas party.... hope it wasn't too bad @Spooky Wooky. My friend "Big Kev" once was dancing on a table at the Christmas party, it collapsed under his weight. His boss went loopy so "Big Kev" hit him and got congratulated by his boss's boss who said he'd wanted to do that for years.
Thanks Mark, we have seen and heard how everyone has loved the first race and it's important to keep that going! Just to clarify we have a race next Saturday and then 2 weeks off for the Christmas and New Year period. Thanks again guys!

Not a great night for me. I was involved in a couple of incidents and spun out a couple of times lol. I had fun racing with knukken for the last few laps of race 2 though.

It looks like random grid is still placing people according to when they enter the lobby. I came in the lobby last and started in 16th and acekiller(host) was 1st.

Looking forward to the rest of the series :cheers:
Yeah I am going to do more testing because I joined 15th as I was running late and I started 11th. Not sure how it works but we are thinking we may have to include a 5 minute qualifying. Does anyone know if you go from practice, to a 5 minute warm up and then to the race it is random? It seems going from practice to race it puts the grid in the order everyone joined the lobby.

As promised the replay of race 2 of yesterday: (I encourage you all to give yourselves 30 minutes to watch the race, it was fantastic!) :)

The early laps were a battle between @weisda3 and @DIOGOPINTO121 "Crash Gordon", with @Paul newell Lighweight1980 behind in the orange car. On lap 4 I get past weisda3 after his fight with Pinto, close stuff!!!

But on the next lap, weisda, the fighter that he is, got past me again with a great move!!👍 with Lightweight1980 right on my tail too, as he would be for the rest of the race. weisda then got into the lead again from Pinto, only to be taken out by a backmarker, and is then forced to pit with damage.

I pitted on the next lap too, only to make a silly mistake at the second corner :banghead:, and am then behind @Football67611 in the blue and white car, who had made great gains by pitting early, fantastic!

I then manage to get past Football, just as Lightweight rejoined in his orange Beemer after his pitstop. Then the battle began between me, Football and Lightweight (watch the rearview mirror :P ) Then at 5:05, desaster strikes Pinto as he loses it on the exit of turn 1 and smacks the inside wall, and from then on til the chequered, it was a real tense fight!

Fantastic race, loved it, can't wait for the next one!!! Love you CRAPpers!!! :bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:

Last edited:
As promised the replay of race 2 of yesterday: (I encourage you to give yourself 30 minutes to watch the race, it was fantastic!) :)

The early laps were a battle between @weisda3 and @DIOGOPINTO121 "Crash Gordon", with @Paul newell Lighweight1980 behind in the orange car. On lap 4 I get past weisda3 after his fight with Pinto, close stuff!!!

But on the next lap, weisda, the fighter that he is, got past me again with a great move!!👍 with Lightweight1980 right on my tail too, as he would be for the rest of the race. weisda then got into the lead again from Pinto, only to be taken out by a backmarker, and is then forced to pit.

I pitted on the next lap too, only to make a silly mistake at the second corner , and am then behind @Football67611 in the blue and white car, who had made great gains by pitting early, fantastic!:banghead:

I then manage to get past Football, just as Lightweight rejoined in his orange Beemer after his pitstop. Then the battle began between me, Football and Lightweight (watch the rearview mirror :P ) Then at 5:05, desaster strikes Pinto as he loses it on the exit of turn 1 and smacks the inside wall, and from then on til the chequered, it was a real tense fight!

Fantastic race, loved it, can't wait for the next one!!! Love you CRAPpers!!! :bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:

I'll watch all these later and will update the point table and post it. I am driving back to Brighton from Cornwall today so it won't be until this evening. Glad you enjoyed it though mate!

I'll watch all these later and will update the point table and post it. I am driving back to Brighton from Cornwall today so it won't be until this evening. Glad you enjoyed it though mate!

Yeah man, the best, great format!! Cheers mate have a good journey......Imagine you're playing PCARs on the way while you're driving!! :P

Skannky already posted his results! :lol:

Ho ho ho!!!

image.png

Because it has taken you forever to post your results the last few weeks.

Apologies, I was not in the country for one and have been incredibly busy this last week. results for yesterdays race will be posted this evening once I get home later.

Hi Guys

I sent an email to Ace from work but not sure he got it. My internet is basically down. It will connect for around 15 minutes and then goes limited access. I have an engineer coming on Wednesday so results will be on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay, can't be helped!

And i thought my internet was bad!! :lol: No problem Dan, i hope you get it sorted!!

From 5 minutes on, it's the best racing I've had, it was amazing! I was in last place at one point then ended up racing with @HammyMansell and Lightweight1980 for 8 laps for 1st through 3rd.

On the last lap we come together, I don't know who was in the wrong. I flashed him and tried to give him his spot back and he tried to give me his spot. We both talked after and just agreed it was amazing racing, no hard feelings.

At 8:15, watch me get lapped like a BOSS!

As it's my 52nd birthday on Saturday I will be out commiserating this event and so will be missing the next round of the championship. Have fun guys.
Happy birthday for Saturday!
Great fun last Saturday. Finished 14th in my first ever "serious" online race. Had a good 2 or 3 lap scrap with @RHINO2K (gr4demon). A couple of corner cut penalties and 2 or 3 spins really hampered me late.

How do you guys maintain such good tire wear. I was forced to switch tires at midrace because the front left was red and nearly worn.
Glad you enjoyed it mate! I had hardly any tires on the front left by the end so you weren't the only one but I stuck with it.

A couple of corner cut penalties and 2 or 3 spins really hampered me late.

This sounds exactly the same as I used to be (I still am a bit), trying too hard and you end up making silly mistakes. If you can relax and concentrate on being consistent rather than trying to drive the car as hard as you can, you'll find you get a lot better results. Racing with the CRAP guys has definitely improved my race-craft, knowing that you will be left enough room on the track when you are side by side with someone helps build race confidence.

Hope that helped.

Back