Crash Bandicoot Discussion - (It's About Time 10/2 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 383 comments
I was expecting this. I heard rumors of the game coming to Xbox when it released.

I'm tempted to get it on Steam now, even though I already have it on my PS4.

Don't see anything on my copy.
20180311_151931.jpg
20180311_151938.jpg

Doesn't the box say "exclusive to ps or only on ps" something along those lines?
To be fair, it was at the time - I think the days of big games like this being exclusive to one console are (almost) over anyway... the more people who buy and play N. Sane Trilogy the better IMO!

To be fair, it was at the time - I think the days of big games like this being exclusive to one console are (almost) over anyway... the more people who buy and play N. Sane Trilogy the better IMO!
Maybe a new crash game along the style lines of the old games if there is enough interest.

I've always heard rumors about it being multi-platform all the way back when it came out initially. Assumed it was a timed exclusive since it was originally a Playstation [1] title. But its cool (and pretty weird) to see the original 3 available on other consoles and PC for the first time ever.

There are also rumors about all new Crash games, which I'm not too sure is going to be as popular if it happens. The N'Sane trilogy did well but I'd think that has a lot to do with the nostalgia. People love the originals and the non-Naughty Dog ones, while probably not bad, weren't as well received.

Having it portable on Switch might inspire me to try for 100% on each game. Happy to double dip. :)

I am certainly going to get this game on Steam when it comes out. I may already have it for PS4, but I still want it for PC because it is bound to have some interesting mods and hacks for it that I probably would probably never expect to do on the PS4.

One thing I have been thinking about lately, is the game's soundtrack, I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I like some of the tracks pretty well and others not as much as the originals, especially in the 3rd game. They just seem a bit less "natural" than the originals. I know I could say more, but this all I could think of for now.

Also, I wonder why they didn't get Clancy Brown to voice Cortex. I kind of miss that deep voice he had in the originals, not really a fan of what we got in the remaster. While the voice actor certainly resembles Cortex (voice wise), he sounds like he only got 2 hours of sleep before recording.

I went full psycho and got platinum on the first game. Now I'm just bugged by the time trial on the DLC level keeping me from that pretty 100% bar on PSN. Little by little I'm able to get further in before dying. Won't be too long now. I really wish they just kept the time trials to Warped like the originals.

Very unexpected but also great! Looks pretty good, but I don't really expect to go into it feeling like it's the fourth game we would have seen if Naughty Dog were to make it directly after Warped, definitely going to be a modern take obviously. Seems they changed the character designs a bit, too... a little weird looking but we'll see.

I do hope they managed to get the original music composers for the game!

Edit: So the people that made the remakes of Spyro made this? Interesting, you'd think Vicarious Visions would have, but I suppose they were busy on the Tony Hawk remakes. In any case, the Spyro remakes were wonderful, so it's in good hands. So many remakes, not that I am complaining.

Last edited:
I was expecting this thread to be bumped again after this announcement. Looks like it's taking place right after Warped. I might grab it when it comes out.

Interview with Toys for Bob's Paul Yan (starting at 2:52):

Quantum Mask mechanics, grind rails and the 'future' levels give me some strong Ratchet & Clank vibes, but on the whole it seems to be a welcome evolution of what we've seen in the N. Sane Trilogy. Especially looking forward to the N. Gin boss...

I have sinned and pre ordered a game to be published by Activision

But it's Crash so I will justify myself for that

Last edited:
Pre-ordered already as well. As a huge Crash Bandicoot fan (I have all of the games, yes even Mind over Mutant and Crash of the Titans) I just can't wait to get my hands on this one! :D The trailer is looking awesome, so much new stuff compared to Crash 1, 2 and 3. The redesign and art style was a bit odd to me at first but I'm liking it very much now. Just still a bit confused why Toys for Bob is making this one instead of Vicarious Vision but oh well. They did a great job on Spyro as well so I'm sure it'll all be good.

It's been known that Vicarious visions, Beenox and Toys for Bob have been helping each other when developing the remakes of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

So maybe the other two studios have had their hands on the development side of things

After looking at the trailer and some gameplay videos, I have a feeling the game is going to be a lot more complex than the 1st 3 games and that will probably take some getting used to. Don't really like his character design as good as the one from The N'Sane Trilogy, but it's not bad though, especially since they've had much worse in the past, so it's a pass for me. The level designs look really good though, some of them are giving me The Wrath of Cortex vibes and as a person that liked the game, I am good with this!

I do wonder why Toys for Bob is doing this instead, but with the things I hear about the Spryo remakes they made, I am sure it'll be just fine. Consider me interested! 👍

Pre-ordered Crash 4 immediately. Watching some more videos I say that besides the visual changes, it looks very faithful to the originals, can't wait.

Really hoping there is a Spyro 4 as well...

Make of this what you will...

Best case scenario is that "in-game purchase" only refers to skins, but then Activision is behind the wheel.

Some people received some publicity about the game and it said it would contain ove 100 levels

That'd be incredible if they pull it off
Might need someone to double-check this, but I think the N. Sane Trilogy had a total of 102 levels (including Stormy Ascent and Future Tense, but excluding the secret entrances in Crash 2 and 3). In that case, I should expect 100+ levels or possibly a smaller number of larger levels to be doable for Crash 4.

Make of this what you will...

Best case scenario is that "in-game purchase" only refers to skins, but then Activision is behind the wheel.

Bet it will be like Crash Team Racing was with skins and cosmetic stuff you can purchase if you so chose to. But in CTR you can pay for skins with currency you can earn racing OR buy with real money, so not sure how they will do it in Crash 4.

In any case, it's fine by me if it's just skins and stuff that doesn't alter the game play or progression like CTR.

More footage and observations courtesy of IGN:

Confirms a pirate level, the return of time trials (see 0:44-0:47) and some new crate types.

Toys For Bob also have this to say concerning microtransactions:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back