Crazy ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is a widespread issue that is affecting a large ad provider. I suspect the culprits have become more aggressive over the weekend, when most of the ad network engineers — who can track them down and block them — are out of the office. Those engineers are not going to have a good Monday morning...

I too was unable to log in while out tonight. I'm back home and have temporarily disabled ads on the forums for all users on mobile devices until the ad operations team can complete their audit tomorrow.

This is an interesting one, it just plays silence. Takes up a lot of space doing it though :)

Chrome, W10, 1920x1080.

HugeAd.JPG

I just got an unprovoked malicious redirect from the forums home-page with an automatic download.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (47).png

Windows 10 Pro on Surface Pro 4.

Last edited:
🤬, that's ridiculous.

I can do nothing but apologize and thank you for the reports, guys; they have all been passed along.

🤬, that's ridiculous.

I can do nothing but apologize and thank you for the reports, guys; they have all been passed along.

Maybe for Christmas, instead of trying to Wham everyone, could give everyone a free month of premium. ;)

Maybe for Christmas, instead of trying to Wham everyone, could give everyone a free month of premium. ;)

Alternatively, Wham! everyone who doesn't have Premium already!

I too have been getting malicious pop ups that say "your phone has a virus, download this app now or else" had to task manager out and reopen gtplanet only to have it happen again and again. Im glad to hear jordan is on the case! Also i understand that that this is not his fault and the actions of a rogue advertiser. Not upset just sharing whats happening.

Same here, I panicked this morning when I got a full screen banner saying my computer infected and got a pop up on my Mac. Thought it was related to a vulnerability to the Mac OSX update from a few days ago!

Glad the site is on it, thanks! :)

Thanks for the reports, guys. As always, if you can provide any specific URLs or screenshots it makes it much easier to track these down. 👍

Wow, these ads are making it impossible to browse or read what's in a given threads and not only that they launch and run video and audio and are simply annoying. I understand a site needs them for bills but this is obnoxious. Why is the ad taking control of my ability to scroll the page and get on with my reading and they continually keep reloading over and over again. It took me quite a while to type this message due to the ads continually sending me back the advert while I was trying to type. Who purposely makes such intrusive ads, they'd make me hate the product associated with it and this one is MotorCraft ad. I absolutely loathe MotorCraft today.
I'm on PC not mobile and this is the first time I've had ads actually make me furious as I tried to traverse GTP.

Wow, these ads are making it impossible to browse or read what's in a given threads and not only that they launch and run video and audio and are simply annoying. I understand a site needs them for bills but this is obnoxious. Why is the ad taking control of my ability to scroll the page and get on with my reading and they continually keep reloading over and over again.

I've just had this too, clicked the "Skip Ad" button and it was simply replaced with another one (Sudafed) that kept scrolling the page back up. It's happening now as I type this too.

Like the above guys I just got 2 malicious redirects.

Snagged the url, I copied it as text into paint, Wasn't comfortable posting the link as it was on the forums.

mal.png

@Jordan Not sure if this is related but I saw these external articles:

upload_2017-12-11_8-32-12.png

I'm not sure if this is a forced ad.

Full context:
upload_2017-12-11_8-33-0.png

On the mobile version of the site I've occasionally been getting popups saying to update my flash player which are obviously malware. I don't know if this is a problem on my side or on the site's side. Has anyone else gotten those popups on mobile here?

I have only been getting Wal-Mart ones, but it's been a problem for about a month or 3 weeks ago. It is probably the Ad Provider or the API making scammers or malicious ads in between your uses on GTP.

Sometimes this can be with an app you have downloaded. Check what you've installed recently, that could be the culprit. If not, there's something out of whack somewhere.

Edit Or it could be the widespread issue being spoken about in the other Site Support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back