CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
I saw on Reddit someone post a tune for the 1968 Alpine A220 race car that I would consider an "exploit" versus a crazy tune that you have to compensate your driving to the handling. I'm an average driver (compared to this forum, not general players) and I can get under 26-mins with it, which I would assume good drivers could break 25-mins.

This has to be Exact in order for it to work:
  • Tires: RS's
  • Turbo: Medium Turbo
  • Intercooler: racing intercooler - make sure to equip the intercooler
  • Transmission: racing transmission - Increase max speed to 330 Km/H
  • Diff settings:
  • Initial: 0:5
  • Acceleration: 0:29
  • Braking: 0:60

Leave ALL settings stock, including livery and wheels, except for the Differential settings (I hadn't changed mine but read a post where someone said the tune worked until they changed the livery and wheels, then it jumped to mid 750PP. Changing livery and wheels back brought it back down)

• Fastest Lap (after 4-races): 1:59.071
  • Fastest Race: 25:40

Strategy:
  • FM1 whole race (might need to play with it if using AT; Recommend MT as there isn't too much shifting needed and allows short-shifting and maxing the mid-RPM turbo) pitting twice; 1st for new tires and I like to go 0.5 laps more than needed on fuel and 2nd just for tires. I think pitting at the end of lap 5 and again at end of lap 9 works great
  • This car weighs practically nothing and with the turbo you can get into 4th-5th by the hairpin turn. You can out accelerate and destroy them on the straights and can take corners drastically faster.
  • First 3 laps (especially first 2) the RS's feel like a curse lol, so I'd recommend using TC3 first lap or two and then back to TC1. After these first few laps, the RS's feels like super cheating! To go from SH's to RS's feels like cheating for real lol
  • Take the first two laps pretty easy, no need to rush as you'll destroy them and lap them later on and pushing the car here will almost guarantee you penalties (again not that big a deal with this car if you do, trust me lol - had 40-seconds of penalties first try with this tune + 2 complete spin-outs, one of which ended with me facing wrong direction with cars slamming into me and I still won by 0:50 seconds.
  • Save your tires with throttle control. This car doesn't like when you slam the throttle in a turn and the tail will slide and either spin-out if early in the race or snap and scrub speed later in the race. Remembering to apply throttle gradually will shave seconds off your lap and really preserve the tires - same with feathering on brake release as the very-high breaking sensitivity of 60 will have a noticeable feel (I actually prefer the majority of my tunes with 40-50 braking sensitivity). Unfortunately, you can't adjust braking to the front to even the tire wearing
  • This race could be done with 1-pit if you're strong at preserving the tires and maximizing your fuel mapping, but IMO, no need to and it's much more fun being between 90-100% throttle basically the whole lap with the slicks on.

My go to still is Sardegna WTC 800

Mazda 787B with ballast, racing hards, suspension height on both sides 75 and a slight 'detune' gets it under the PP limit. Gets the job done in 25 min, best current lap 1:36:607

you're right about the throttle -- you have to keep it at 90% in most places just to keep it from sliding around.

But I just broke into the 24 minute range with it. Turn on Countersteer Assistance and Active Stability Management and it handles like a dream. It's a weird dream to be sure -- you have to oversteer into turns, using drift to scrub speed, and keeping the throttle at like 90% instead of 100% in many situations, but once you get used to it, the car is really amazing. You can sail through turns at speeds you really don't expect.

I had a go at it again and I would say ,this car rocks !! At FM1 , the car is super fast and powerful though have to be abit careful when going through puddles. This car takes turns so incredibly smooth as well.
For those having trouble controlling the car , switch it to FM6. At FM6, the car is much more easier to drive and tamer. Lost about 30kmh on the straights but overall still easily hit below 26.5min.
Thanks for the CM tuning @Pizzapants !!

Last edited:
I keep grinding La Sarthe. It's incredible how when it's pouring rain, track is 2/3 wet, AI drivers stop and 80%... put HARDS on again! :banghead:
I found yesterday, that they will change but only when there is standing water to full wets. Otherwise they always go to dry tires.

These new tunes are pointless. All that work to save 5 minutes per race.

Let's say you have 1 hour to play every day. A regular fast car will do it in about 55 minutes max. Top cars do it in 54 minutes or less. A 2J will do in 50. Small difference.

It takes 12 runs of the race to save 1 hour. So the Chaparral guy takes 6 hours to get what the other guy takes 7 hours. But who has time today to play 12 races for 6 hours straight with the same car?

A220 and 2J might be good cars for very slow drivers but they're hardly groundbreaking when it comes to the general public.

Also I'm not sure if it classes as an exploit to use Racing Softs in an event where the AI runs Sport tires. It's easy enough for PD to fix (mandate Sport tires, which they should've done from the beginning BTW), but not worth, as the impact is minimal.

Last edited:

Let's say you have 1 hour to play every day. A regular fast car will do it in about 55 minutes max. Top cars do it in 54 minutes or less. A 2J will do in 50. Small difference.

It takes 12 runs of the race to save 1 hour. So the Chaparral guy takes 6 hours to get what the other guy takes 7 hours. But who has time today to play 12 races for 6 hours straight with the same car?

A220 and 2J might be good cars for very slow drivers but they're hardly groundbreaking when it comes to the general public.

Also I'm not sure if it classes as an exploit to use Racing Softs in an event where the AI runs Sport tires. It's easy enough for PD to fix (mandate Sport tires, which they should've done from the beginning BTW), but not worth, as the impact is minimal.
I'm not sure it is worth it either way. TBH, I have been on GT7 less and less as time goes on. Ironically, in their quest to make the game last longer by requiring higher prices and enforcing lower payouts, instead of 6 months or a year of enjoying GT7, I am pretty much done with the game after 2 months.

To a degree, you're right, it's not that big a difference like the Tomahawk made. However, I'm assuming your 30-min race comparison you're referencing the LM race for same $825k payout. In that case, you're not accounting for the additional time, up-to a full laps worth of driving as it doesn't end exactly at 30-mins. If I take 25.5-mins in Alpine, and upper-end of time for LM, call it 34.5-mins, you have an 9-min time difference. If your goal is to generate cash to satisfy this stupid need to get a $20M car, that you wont drive, that means, you're theoretically generating an "extra" $825k every 4th race.

But I stopped grinding to get the legendary cars when I realized - what the hell was the point of playing if all I was doing was driving the same car around the same few events? I was chasing that dopimine drop when you "unlock" a new car - but not because you get to drive it, but simply to cross it off an imaginary list that literally no-one would care about nor is rewarding aside from the momentary blimp you got hitting purchase - wow this turned into a rant lol. I love this game and am very addicted more than prior GT games and I've played them since the prologue of GT4. And I love this race in particular

Get your point, I'd rather do the le mans 30 minute race, far more choice of suitable cars too use, can smoke and drink me cuppa tea down the straights :) and not nurse your car round the 1st couple laps coz the tracks so wet :) like tokyo.

Last edited:
Well,apparently grinding 29,000kms at Tokyo wasn't enough, came up about 30 mill short, four LCD cars left(53.5mill).
Been doing Sardegna with the GR010 '21, best so far is 24:32, 6 mill to go and then on to everything else i haven't got around to yet.
:cheers:
It was sure a lot more exciting using the Tomahawk, if it can't be used online I fail to see where it is cheating, I mean you can buy credits with real cash, right????

the tomahawk isn't cheating though... it was only used in offline which was Tokyo with the pp settings they had before the update where you can change the settings... bottom line is PD don't want you to mess with their micro transactions... people were getting money way too quickly and easily... all the races available now lemans, spa or lasarth have similar payouts but the grind is much longer...it's just crazy how Kaz can say he doesn't want you to grind the same race over and over again to justify reducing the payouts after the first update... meanwhile you can only get decent money in just 4 races in the whole game... if Kaz meant what he said he would had high payouts across the board so people could do a variety of races and get decent money instead of the same 4

Last edited:
Well,apparently grinding 29,000kms at Tokyo wasn't enough, came up about 30 mill short, four LCD cars left(53.5mill).
Been doing Sardegna with the GR010 '21, best so far is 24:32, 6 mill to go and then on to everything else i haven't got around to yet.
:cheers:
Hahaha this reminds me of the South Park episode about playing WOW when they farm XP to defeat a troll player killing everyone. After the montage and they win they go, "Well now what?" "We play the game"

the tomahawk isn't cheating though... it was only used in offline which was Tokyo with the pp settings they had before the update where you can change the settings... bottom line is PD don't want you to mess with their micro transactions... people were getting money way too quickly and easily... all the races available now lemans, spa or lasarth have similar payouts but the grind is much longer...it's just crazy how Kaz can say he doesn't want you to grind the same race over and over again to justify reducing the payouts after the first update... meanwhile you can only get decent money in just 4 races in the whole game... if Kaz meant what he said he would had high payouts across the board so people could do a variety of races and get decent money instead of the same 4
why you have my gf pic on your profile?

I didnt feel the Tomahawk was cheating either but many others have complained about it. Maybe they couldn't drive it very well, I'm not sure. As far as Kaz saying "he doesn't want players grinding, he wants them to enjoy driving all of the cars", well you cant drive them all unless you can afford them all, with the game economy I cant even imagine how long it would take to obtain all of the cars playing "normally". Ironically, a couple of days after the the Tomahawk ban update PD added $44,000,000 (million) dollars worth of cars to the legendary market. I guess PD just wanted to rub our noses in the fact that we couldn't "cheat" with the Tomahawk anymore.

The problem is even if you have the money to buy all the cars you can't use majority of them unless it's a custom race... it kinda defeats the purpose of buying every car... the 44 million was a lot I agree but luckily I was able to do more races to afford almost all of it... still need like 12 million to buy 3-4 that are still in hagerty before it gets sold out... the crazy thing is the next batch of cars are even more money with two of them being 18-20 million and few more expensive cars smh

Last edited:
If custom races gave more than the ridiculously miniscule pittance they reward, then people wouldn't feel so compelled to use glitched tunes to grind for cash.

Same is true of online races.

Doesn't necessarily have to be 825k every 25 minutes like the absolute best grind, but it needs to be SOMEWHAT worthwhile. Custom and online race rewards are so low as to be practically worthless.

Last edited:
The problem is even if you have the money to buy all the cars you can't use majority of them unless it's a custom race... it kinda defeats the purpose of buying every car... the 44 million was a lot I agree but luckily I was able to do more races to afford almost all of it... still need like 12 million to buy 3-4 that are still in hagerty before it gets sold out... the crazy thing is the next batch of cars are even more money with two of them being 18-20 million and few more expensive cars smh
Im hoping i have almost all of the cars in the Legendary Market now. The Benz that popped up today was one I did not have yet but I did have the $1.6 million to buy it. I have bought every car on offer in the Legendary Market for at least 6 weeks and some of the new cars that show up I already have. The downside is that I only currently have about $5 million credits.

I didnt feel the Tomahawk was cheating either but many others have complained about it.
It's cheating (re: fun) because the performance was so far beyond the other cars that it was racing with itself, even lapping the other cars multiple times and easily winning a race that's normally pretty difficult.

Since the "fix" I haven't played the game. I refuse to grind, and only did the Tomahawk/Tokyo thing to test my own skill.

Yeah, I can do Sardegna in the 25-26min range with about 20 different cars. 2J is a little quicker, and was kind of fun for a race or two, but that's all I can stand in one sitting of this game anymore. So whether I'm doing 2 runs at Sardegna in 51min or 46 makes no difference as I'm done at that point anyway. At least using a different car every time gives a little bit of variety, and some of the most fun races I've had were using road cars that needed 3 pit stops.

Hell, even doing one race a day is getting spotty for me. Missed 6 days straight last week, and have only played every other day since.
Once I've got the 250 GTO, 300SL racer, and a few duplicate road cars that should be dropping around the same time as those two, I'm done. Already have the credits for all the cars I need so I've no motivation to play a game I do not enjoy. Hopefully in 8-12mo they release a "Spec II" that delivers on what the game should have been at launch, and if so I'll have the cars I want to have fun with in this cursed game for a change.

Still have about 150 BC cars I've yet to buy, but they're all on the cheaper end. Already bought all of the invite cars, Gr. 1's, all the VGT's that had a chance of being exploitable, all Gr. 2's, and all of the "track" cars that are in kind of a no-mans land in terms of class (Zonda R, P1 GTR, etc). Even having all of that out of the way, all the UCD cars, and all but the two LCD cars, I've still got another 100mil to spend just to get all of the cars, after 570hr! (300+ was afk farm, ~200 was the Tomahawk glitch) Plus I've only tuned maybe 5% of those I've bought... Talk about an absolute SLOG! But I digress... Can't tell I'm burnt-out on the game at all!

It's cheating (re: fun) because the performance was so far beyond the other cars that it was racing with itself, even lapping the other cars multiple times and easily winning a race that's normally pretty difficult.

Since the "fix" I haven't played the game. I refuse to grind, and only did the Tomahawk/Tokyo thing to test my own skill.
But we could say the the Aston DP100 is also cheating because I can win by over 1 minute and that's only over 12 laps. Your last sentence said it best, the Tomahawk may have been "cheating" but as you say it was fun and it was anything but easy if you were trying to set your fastest lap times and race times while maintaining a truly clean race. The AI cars were forever cutting you off on the straights, some thought it was because of the speed differential with the Tomahawk but I noticed they can't even drive a straight line when I use other cars. If the car is only available for offline racing there can be no cheating, we all choose to play in a fashion that gives us the most enjoyment.

My go to still is Sardegna WTC 800

Mazda 787B with ballast, racing hards, suspension height on both sides 75 and a slight 'detune' gets it under the PP limit. Gets the job done in 25 min, best current lap 1:36:607
How much does it pay? If it doesnt beat tokyo, no point in mentioning it here. Also, is it easy to get clean race bonus?

The DP100 is the same at Tokyo, for a few minutes less

ahem. 825k in under 25 minutes.

Attachments

• image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Back