CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,418 comments
Best option for me: Sardegna WTC800 with a detuned Nissan GTR GT500 Gr.2 Fuel map in 1 all the race, i had to pit 2 times for fuel, not tires and i won by 1 lap to all the rivals. The prize was around 730k credits in 26 minutes. Not bad, funny race, nice circuit and a very awesome car. I miss the Tomahawk but the GTR is a great alternative
I did that race twice last night with the same car. Run 1 set of RH the entire race and run FM3 until lap 9, pit for some fuel switch to FM1 and finish the race by lapping almost the entire pack for a total time of 22.xx minutes. It’s actually way more fun than the Tomahawk and only takes about 1 minute more for me.

Best car on sardegna is gr010 , just go 24min and 20 sec with one pit stop one map 1 , laps around 1'35 , best 1'33 , map 6 without pit stops 24min and 35 sec , laps around 1'37-8-9 , but stay without hybrid power last two laps because of using less engine power and more of hybrids through 15 laps
Are you using a specific tune?

I can't agree with the "not that bad" attitude about earning 1.6m per hour. For a 20m car that means 12.5 hours grinding the same race. 9 cars over 10m cost 143m credits total, which means 90 hours continuous grinding the same track. For 9 cars. I don't care what the argument is, that is totally unreasonable. I have never looked at MTX because I won't go there on principle, but the info I found on the web says 2m cr for $20. That means those same 9 cars cost $1,430 total. Exactly how is that "not that bad" ??

I don't care how unpolitically correct it is to point out but the fact is Kaz has put profit at 100% of the game, and left the original vision meaningless. Gran Turismo is no longer a vehicle for showcasing cars and car culture, and the best driving simulator possible. It is nothing more than smokescreen disguised as Gran Turismo, used to facilitate the extraction of players money via MTX. I won't go there, not even if credits cost $1 per million, because it would still be $20 each.

If I seem to be ranting, apologies. But I feel 100% betrayed by Kaz, after 20 years of my unmitigated loyalty to the series.

Last edited:
I can't agree with the "not that bad" attitude about earning 1.6m per hour. For a 20m car that means 12.5 hours grinding the same race. 9 cars over 10m cost 143m credits total, which means 90 hours continuous grinding the same track. For 9 cars. I don't care what the argument is, that is totally unreasonable. I have never looked at MTX because I won't go there on principle, but the info I found on the web says 2m cr for $20. That means those same 9 cars cost $1,430 total. Exactly how is that "not that bad" ??

I don't care how unpolitically correct it is to point out but the fact is Kaz has put profit at 100% of the game, and left the original vision meaningless. Gran Turismo is no longer a vehicle for showcasing cars and car culture, and the best driving simulator possible. It is nothing more than smokescreen disguised as Gran Turismo, used to facilitate the extraction of players money via MTX. I won't go there, not even if credits cost $1 per million, because it would still be $20 each.

If I seem to be ranting, apologies. But I feel 100% betrayed by Kaz, after 20 years of my unmitigated loyalty to the series.
I understand, and 100% agree that I will not use micro transactions purely on principle. I think it might be 2.5 million for $20 but not sure. I just know there were 3 options when the game first released for different prices but looked out of curiosity and never checked again. I’m not defending PD or saying GT7 is perfect, but I disagree about the cost of some of the cars though. I love playing this game and having to race to earn credits to buy the high end and classic ones. That’s why I purchased the game, to play it a lot for a long time. I may be showing my age, but it’s better than GT2 where you could make so much money so fast by winning a couple races and selling the prize cars that the game, however enjoyable in its day, got boring REAL fast because you had everything you could get within weeks of starting the game.
It’s much better in recent updates that there are more choices for higher payouts, but none of them are so crazy high that you are almost forced into grinding one or two exclusively, nor can you win 3 or 4 races and go buy the most expensive car in the game. You have to keep racing and playing to get there. Just my experience and opinions.

The mclaren in LCD Is expensive but with the high suspension tuning, this car blows away all Tokyo competition. So fast on the straights, it feels like a mini tomahawk.
I didnt grind the tomahawk enough, thats my only regret, I have to make 7 mil to get the F1 I bought a **** load of other cars.. I think I grinded about 50 mil tho and bought almost everything else.

Last edited:

Sorry brother, your loyalty means nothing to any of them. At this point get the best games and unfortunately its not all on PS5. I would get a series X just for some of the PC games, game pass and Forza series. I kinda wish I didnt get Diablo II remastered since MS now bought Activision.

Ofcourse, but you are putting the "Not that bad" fraze totally out of context, you did not hear me talking about car prices.
I was clearly talking about the difference between 15 min of 82k5 or 25 minuts for 725k.

That said, ofcourse, cars are overpriced or credit are not enough, GT is not designed for you to have ALL the cars immidiately, i'm not going to grind 10 times Sardegena each time, i will do some ofcourse, but i also have a life, and i want to drive my other bought cars.
So PD makes me choose what kind of car i want to grind for, and altho i agree they are overpriced/credits are low,
I think that is not completely negative, and over the long run you should be able to get a fair amount of cars you have choosen to buy.

The problem would be the long run if they keep impelmenting those tiny updates.

If they designed the game for micro transactions, they did a horrible job. Like where are the tons of events to even use and enjoy a car I spent 10 hours grinding for or $200 to get.

Thanks guys,

The Sardegna race is a good one to win credit. More, I can take various cars to race into.
Good track, and Gr2/Gr1 cars are more interesting to drive than the Toma X.

In my case, before the update:
  • Tokyo with Toma X was around 16min to 835k.
  • Sardegna with Gr2 or Gr1, around 25 or 26min, but I can race it more, due to diversity of car to choose.

If I want to purchase things in real life, I have to work harder and longer at the same job and save more to get it.

I don't have a problem with this concept.

Some people win the lotto and get better things then me in life too.

Enjoy GT7 and see you on the track

#Australia #THNDR_XLR8

Don't know why they made 2 million credits at 20$... Barely anyone will buy it like that. They want MTX but even those prices are ridiculous.

20$ should be at least 10 million. And then PD could actually make a decent profit. I still wouldn't waste money on credits with this price but PD would do a lot better for themselves.

Don't know why they made 2 million credits at 20$... Barely anyone will buy it like that. They want MTX but even those prices are ridiculous.

20$ should be at least 10 million. And then PD could actually make a decent profit. I still wouldn't waste money on credits with this price but PD would do a lot better for themselves.
Been saying this exact thing since launch. If MTX’s were a better value, I’d be dropping $20 a week easily. No shame in my game

Nope, I'll just earn my cars running races. I'm saying NO to PD's business model other than getting the title. I left a a number of fine cars on the table in Sport unfortunately but I guess thats just the way it is.

What is car is the best on Tokyo right now? I would like to grind on Tokyo too. It gets 825,000cr instead of 727,500 on Sargenda. If we have good cars for 100% win for 26 minutes, it would be better for grind.
I used McLaren VGT with SH's, 200 Ballast a few forward i think, and then play with ECU & Restrictor. I tried with little ballast added and lower power, but couldn't keep up with the AI. So went to the extreme lol but was able to have much more power. Still not as fast as NSX or the reg leaders, but messing with FM allows you to no-stop the race with tires still pretty strong. This car can handle the wet track and corners great.

That being said, it was nerve wracking!! Penalties were annoying with the Tomahawk, but they're almost race ending with this car. I got 10-seconds on first lap due to AI doing AI things and slamming me in corner. Penultimate end I was trailing leader by 12ish seconds in 3rd when they decided to pit. Both were almost caught up to me by hairpin, but I was able to keep the distance through the middle portion and coming out of the 2nd s-turn, I swear I touched the wall with side of car - I thought it was all over and I would be in 3rd but the penalty never came such a relief lol! I think I finished the race in 26-27? So not much faster than 30 min la mans but wayyyyy more intense (well at least for me lol).

Alright folks. Here's what I've come up with.

It's a variation on the glitched Chaparral 2J tune posted earlier in the thread, except using Comfort Mediums instead of Comfort Hard, and without the front end jacked way up in the air. It also has slightly saner camber and toe settings.

I finished the Tokyo 600 race in 25:50, and that was with two penalties and a spin out. My best lap was 2:00 flat. I am sure a better driver could break into the low 25's.

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

Running Fuel Map 1. After lap 6, I stop for new shoes and some gas. This setup gets pretty sloppy after 5 laps. Laps 6 and 12 are kinda sketchy. Lap 1 with the wet track is surprisingly okay.

I was using all the driver assist features and TCM 3. Otherwise it was too unstable for me.

Last edited:
Apologies for the double post, but I revised my tune a bit and got a rarity for me: a clean race with no penalties, haha :P

Finished Tokyo in 25:15 with a fastest lap of 1:59.127.

FM1, pitted after lap 6 for gas and new tires.

image1 (1).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

With a little more tweaking of the tune, it might be possible to get below 25 minutes.

Last edited:
i did a slightly better tune for the Chaparral and finished the $825k Tokyo race in under 25 minutes. I don't wanna post more pics though because I feel like I'm kinda overposting in this thread. If I can get it down to say 24:45 or less maybe I'll create a thread in the tuning forum though. I am having fun with it, but at this point I feel like i'm really just tweaking it for a few tenths of a second per lap, rather than making any significant breakthroughs.

I am of the opinion, and it's just an opinion, that the MTX complaints should be directed at Sony, not PD. My feeling is that it came from on high, "Thou shalt include the ability for players to purchase in-game advantages with real cash, or thee may encounter licensing difficulties."

Just an opinion, I have nothing factual to base that on.

Last edited:
i did a slightly better tune for the Chaparral and finished the $825k Tokyo race in under 25 minutes. I don't wanna post more pics though because I feel like I'm kinda overposting in this thread. If I can get it down to say 24:45 or less maybe I'll create a thread in the tuning forum though. I am having fun with it, but at this point I feel like i'm really just tweaking it for a few tenths of a second per lap, rather than making any significant breakthroughs.

I can’t really drive that chaparral. I feel like I have to constantly manage the R2 just to avoid it slipping and even on the straights, the car keep swerving around at full throttle. For now the McLaren f1 is my favorite car. Only manage below 27min but I am happy enough to come out first after lap 2 and can manage my race comfortably 😂

I can’t really drive that chaparral. I feel like I have to constantly manage the R2 just to avoid it slipping and even on the straights, the car keep swerving around at full throttle. For now the McLaren f1 is my favorite car. Only manage below 27min but I am happy enough to come out first after lap 2 and can manage my race comfortably 😂

you're right about the throttle -- you have to keep it at 90% in most places just to keep it from sliding around.

But I just broke into the 24 minute range with it. Turn on Countersteer Assistance and Active Stability Management and it handles like a dream. It's a weird dream to be sure -- you have to oversteer into turns, using drift to scrub speed, and keeping the throttle at like 90% instead of 100% in many situations, but once you get used to it, the car is really amazing. You can sail through turns at speeds you really don't expect.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion, and it's just an opinion, that the MTX complaints should be directed at Sony, not PD.
Maybe the fact that you must buy them at the Playstation Store, not the Polyphony Shop, which doesn't exist.

Back