"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by LordDrift, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granadier

Granadier

It's gotten really bad as the week's gone by. Drivers in the back and mid-pack decide to push and shove to get forward because of the one-make meta this track forces. So I empathize with you. Been struggling with it myself the past few days too. My favorite so far has been this 4 wide demo derby through the bend into t2.

[​IMG]

If it's any consolation, Race C wasn't any better in this bracket at Fuji.

Dragon Trail's chicane of death is going to be....interesting next week.

2. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

I took a break from thr GT-R diver derby to drive the R92CP for a bit. I knew it would be hopeless on Fuji and was promptly presented with a TS050 one make race. Of course I didn't check my tires and found myself on the track with medium tires and decided to make them last for a no stop. I started 20th, couple took each other out so I went up to 18th only to get punted off by a hybrid in the chicane. That put me out of reach of the TS050 stampede and I could do a nice clean drive in the R92CP for the rest of the race.
    [​IMG]
    I finished last, one lap down, 2 minutes behind the winner, yet 7 quit the race :lol: I was doing 1:34 laps fuel and tire saving while the TS050s were running on soft tires with a pit stop. I saved too much as well, had 2.2 laps left doh. I was one lap down but also miscounted as usual, not that it would have mattered much. All these 2nd gear corners, R92CP does not like. Fun to drive as always though.

3. 6BK

6BK

4D9CE7B1-1778-4054-95CB-265E0176F183.jpeg

Last race of the week and I finally find a car that suits me.

4. Granadier

Granadier

Honestly looking forward to Race B having 5 laps next week. Hopefully that helps settle people down.

The_Tullster, Qyn, Mistah_MCA and 6 others like this.
  5. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

This weekend was awful for me in St Croix

I was bumped many times because the guys behind brake too late

And the same section

[​IMG]

The_Tullster, Qyn, 6BK and 3 others like this.
  6. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Not a bad final few races. I'm going to miss Fuji. Always happy to race this circuit in anything faster than Gr.4.

[​IMG]
    There was some interesting post race chat after this next one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I will say, the Greek driver who finished 6th was VERY aggressive when he was behind me. He just didn't get close enough to actually pull off a move. So, I'm not really surprised that something happened.

[​IMG]
    Would have been nice to pick up another win. But, sometimes it just isn't your turn. Still, brushing against 42k DR, and apart from one small blip, I've maintained my 99SR for another week.

El_Beardo_Grande will return when PD give us another good Race C. Until then, it's going to be Y_Dyn_Barfog. Or, maybe I'll finally create an EMEA based R4M account.

DelboyD, Qyn, 6BK and 5 others like this.
  7. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’m ready for a Seaside tomorrow. :)
    8040134A-1FC4-4197-B30E-08C5C11823E0.png
    F9D1F972-09FF-4A41-9110-C3C7AE06F086.jpeg
    1BF751FC-F814-4CF2-93CE-753835ECFE40.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  8. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Don't forget to lube your SR. 'Cos it's going to take one hell of a pounding.

9. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

[​IMG]

10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Naw, it won’t be that bad I don’t think. Maybe the first half lap. :)

The_Tullster, Qyn, 6BK and 2 others like this.
  11. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Hell, I actually repaired my SR at DTS last time. Although I admit it was a bit touchy early since that was when I was just attempting to learn manual shifting. It tanked then I was able to build it back up. Still think 5 laps will be better than 3 but definitely going to see some crazy times at the chicane

12. Granadier

Granadier

Did some testing at DTS tonight to prep for the new races. It looks like lap times will be in the ~1:30 region meaning we’ll have ~7:30 races. Lower than the 10m ideal dream, but I’ll take it.

Oh and that chicane is properly terrifying in a Gr.2. Lots of wrecks going to happen in a few hours time. Whoever stuffs the most cars through there at once wins a prize.

13. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

I always take a very narrow line there if I have a driver right behind me. Very close to the inside, most of the time they fly past me and into the gravel.

The_Tullster, Qyn and Illum_Concept like this.
  14. S A Debre

S A Debre

Hey, everyone! First post here.

So I bought Sport about a year ago but quickly abandoned the game due to simply running out of motivation to play it.
    Then just over two weeks ago I suddenly felt like driving again and I am more enthusiastic about Gran Turismo than I've been in a loooooong time.:gtpflag:

At first, things didn't really go well for me. Rainy Tokyo was a total cluster**** and after two races I just stopped doing it for the sake of my own mental health. :boggled: Bathurst was - for the most part - fine but it just doesn't seem like my kind of track to be honest. I would always crash into *something* and occasionally get penalties for it for whatever reason. Predictably, it also completely destroyed my SR and DR so I kept getting thrown into lobbies with the weirdest people that would just casually ram others into the countryside for fun. :indiff:

Last week's Gr.3 race at Sainte-Croix however, has been an absolute blast. I was finally able to race properly and my DR rose quite a bit despite my ratings getting completely reset at one point due to too many rage quits (oops).

[​IMG]

My SR is still pretty meh largely due to my complete inability to deal with tense situations (eventually I'll figure these things out goddamnit :lol:), but at least SR-C/B drivers generally don't try to brutally murder you at every turn so I did have plenty of nice & clean battles aswell.
    Really looking forward to Gr.2 in Croatia this week, hopefully the Gods of Death Chicane will spare me :bowdown:

15. Shearzy

Shearzy

If someone could so kindly point me towards this week's races?

Happy Thanksgiving my Canadian brothers and sisters. Peace and love

Nm. Found them...yesss...it will be a good week indeedy

Mattatsu, The_Tullster, Qyn and 3 others like this.
  16. GT5Power

GT5Power

Race A features the FF Gr.4 cars. :)

Edit: and the MX-5 ND for race C.

17. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

What are the races this week?

Pigems and Qyn like this.
  18. Shearzy

Shearzy

Pigems, Qyn and FUNanywhere like this.
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

Starting with the Sciroccket. Set an initial one lap 10.4.

[​IMG]

I'll try the TT, Megane then, RC Z last.

sturk0167, Mattatsu, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  20. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

The Chicane of Death is ready to collect some more souls via Daily Race and Manufacturer Series. Good luck to the brave souls that go through its territory.

21. Lebowski

Lebowski

Really don't like this Gr4 FF only format, the absolute worst variety of Gr4 cars possible. To add to it you can't even use your own liveries!
    PD, please cease this nonsence of loan cars only and change it to loan or garage car. And ditch FF only races! Oh, and while i'm at it, there are more cars in N200 than the bloody GT86 and BRZ!

Qyn, Tea_Leaves, Sven Jurgens and 5 others like this.
  22. 05XR8

05XR8

I like this combo, but Monza would have been better. Still a fast circuit though.

[​IMG]

Dropped my time to a 10.2
    [​IMG]

Last nights TCR Europe finale

DelboyD, Qyn, dlshearon and 6 others like this.
  23. splitwindow

splitwindow

Just did what is essentially my first ever gr2 race.
    OMG, the horror... THE HORROR! :)
    Absolute mayhem out there from start to finish, penalties left right and centre from the first corner to the very last.
    Just by being mostly cautious (only lost 9 SR lol) I worked up from 10th to 3rd, and had one good cleanish battle along the way.
    As expensive as it was, that was the most fun I've had in a long time.

Qyn, Tea_Leaves, dlshearon and 7 others like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

Dropped time to a 9.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Qyn, dlshearon, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  25. zavisic_

zavisic_

New top10 lap with Audi R18, enjoy

Qyn, dlshearon, Grinchhh and 5 others like this.
  26. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Race B is looking like death before deceleration. Divebombed into the first left chicane on lap1 twice now, last one from 0.6 back. I get SR down, that other finishes with blue S. Twice had people attempt 2 wide through the chicane. If you back off to keep it single file anyone behind is viewing that as weakness so attacks, in the middle of the chicane. Crashed me and guess who got the penalty. Yay!

Only down about 800 DR in 2 races, but non patience for moves. A lot like St Croix

Qyn, dlshearon, Mattatsu and 3 others like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

Screen froze while waiting for players to load. So, Pepe le Peugeot, has to wait til I do this Race B(no qualy).

28. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Oddly so far on the Asian leader boards it's the older car that's on top.

Confirmed. Of the 10 qualifying laps I did with the NSX I managed 2 without hitting anything going through the bus stop at full throttle. I won't be doing it during the race, but it helps for setting a qualifying time.

Qyn, The_Tullster, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  29. 6BK

6BK

Well done on the win! Great to see positions change between 1st, 2nd and 3rd so much and no penalties. Good racing!

Why don't you use bumper cam? The view is not all that different to bonnet but you'd get a mirror AND and a radar. I was getting dizzy with you flicking to rear view. No idea how you do that while racing.

I've never raced Tokyo in any format because it scares the bejeezis out of me but I'm one of the very few around here to seems to enjoy the FWD Gr4 cars. I'll miss my livery but may give this a try.

30. EinsTheOne

EinsTheOne

I cannot believe my guess on the Mazda was correct.... I'm usually far off about these sort of things...

Let me try again for next week's race C...

Gr.3 @ a wet Red Bull Ring... Pls PD, I just wanna see the chaos...

Qyn, dlshearon, The_Tullster and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.