"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to 84 SR on race B, too many Sunday drivers around. The game should punish bouncing off walls much harder, it seems there are no wall penalties at all this week and it makes the races very dangerous. At least ghost wall bangers instead of taking out half the traffic and saddling up some innocent bystander with a penalty.

Also this new, if you don't leave the road within one second after getting punted, you get SR Down is way too short. Nvm it still can't detect getting spun out but not leaving the road after getting hit.

Next week on DT Seaside it will all be better :cool: :indiff:

I went through all the cars again at race B, GT-R stored at the bottom of the pile again, no second try for you. Back to the Audi, seemed to be the best compromise between speed and avoidance. Let's see if I can avoid the wall bangers with this.

Nope, got dive bombed again and receive SR Down. The track is too wide I guess.
It's gotten really bad as the week's gone by. Drivers in the back and mid-pack decide to push and shove to get forward because of the one-make meta this track forces. So I empathize with you. Been struggling with it myself the past few days too. My favorite so far has been this 4 wide demo derby through the bend into t2.

unknown.png

If it's any consolation, Race C wasn't any better in this bracket at Fuji.

Dragon Trail's chicane of death is going to be....interesting next week.

I took a break from thr GT-R diver derby to drive the R92CP for a bit. I knew it would be hopeless on Fuji and was promptly presented with a TS050 one make race. Of course I didn't check my tires and found myself on the track with medium tires and decided to make them last for a no stop. I started 20th, couple took each other out so I went up to 18th only to get punted off by a hybrid in the chicane. That put me out of reach of the TS050 stampede and I could do a nice clean drive in the R92CP for the rest of the race.
VgCDSDa.jpg

I finished last, one lap down, 2 minutes behind the winner, yet 7 quit the race :lol: I was doing 1:34 laps fuel and tire saving while the TS050s were running on soft tires with a pit stop. I saved too much as well, had 2.2 laps left doh. I was one lap down but also miscounted as usual, not that it would have mattered much. All these 2nd gear corners, R92CP does not like. Fun to drive as always though.

Not a bad final few races. I'm going to miss Fuji. Always happy to race this circuit in anything faster than Gr.4.

oMd97sn.jpg

There was some interesting post race chat after this next one.

172IkO1.jpg

OsiC85P.jpg

ZgNIVrf.jpg

I will say, the Greek driver who finished 6th was VERY aggressive when he was behind me. He just didn't get close enough to actually pull off a move. So, I'm not really surprised that something happened.

fzjnX3h.jpg

Would have been nice to pick up another win. But, sometimes it just isn't your turn. Still, brushing against 42k DR, and apart from one small blip, I've maintained my 99SR for another week.

El_Beardo_Grande will return when PD give us another good Race C. Until then, it's going to be Y_Dyn_Barfog. Or, maybe I'll finally create an EMEA based R4M account.

Don't forget to lube your SR. 'Cos it's going to take one hell of a pounding.
Hell, I actually repaired my SR at DTS last time. Although I admit it was a bit touchy early since that was when I was just attempting to learn manual shifting. It tanked then I was able to build it back up. Still think 5 laps will be better than 3 but definitely going to see some crazy times at the chicane

Did some testing at DTS tonight to prep for the new races. It looks like lap times will be in the ~1:30 region meaning we’ll have ~7:30 races. Lower than the 10m ideal dream, but I’ll take it.

Oh and that chicane is properly terrifying in a Gr.2. Lots of wrecks going to happen in a few hours time. Whoever stuffs the most cars through there at once wins a prize.

Hey, everyone! First post here.

So I bought Sport about a year ago but quickly abandoned the game due to simply running out of motivation to play it.
Then just over two weeks ago I suddenly felt like driving again and I am more enthusiastic about Gran Turismo than I've been in a loooooong time.:gtpflag:

At first, things didn't really go well for me. Rainy Tokyo was a total cluster**** and after two races I just stopped doing it for the sake of my own mental health. :boggled: Bathurst was - for the most part - fine but it just doesn't seem like my kind of track to be honest. I would always crash into *something* and occasionally get penalties for it for whatever reason. Predictably, it also completely destroyed my SR and DR so I kept getting thrown into lobbies with the weirdest people that would just casually ram others into the countryside for fun. :indiff:

Last week's Gr.3 race at Sainte-Croix however, has been an absolute blast. I was finally able to race properly and my DR rose quite a bit despite my ratings getting completely reset at one point due to too many rage quits (oops).

4JEDkFa.png

My SR is still pretty meh largely due to my complete inability to deal with tense situations (eventually I'll figure these things out goddamnit :lol:), but at least SR-C/B drivers generally don't try to brutally murder you at every turn so I did have plenty of nice & clean battles aswell.
Really looking forward to Gr.2 in Croatia this week, hopefully the Gods of Death Chicane will spare me :bowdown:

Did some testing at DTS tonight to prep for the new races. It looks like lap times will be in the ~1:30 region meaning we’ll have ~7:30 races. Lower than the 10m ideal dream, but I’ll take it.

Oh and that chicane is properly terrifying in a Gr.2. Lots of wrecks going to happen in a few hours time. Whoever stuffs the most cars through there at once wins a prize.
The Chicane of Death is ready to collect some more souls via Daily Race and Manufacturer Series. Good luck to the brave souls that go through its territory.

Really don't like this Gr4 FF only format, the absolute worst variety of Gr4 cars possible. To add to it you can't even use your own liveries!
PD, please cease this nonsence of loan cars only and change it to loan or garage car. And ditch FF only races! Oh, and while i'm at it, there are more cars in N200 than the bloody GT86 and BRZ!

Just did what is essentially my first ever gr2 race.
OMG, the horror... THE HORROR! :)
Absolute mayhem out there from start to finish, penalties left right and centre from the first corner to the very last.
Just by being mostly cautious (only lost 9 SR lol) I worked up from 10th to 3rd, and had one good cleanish battle along the way.
As expensive as it was, that was the most fun I've had in a long time.

Race B is looking like death before deceleration. Divebombed into the first left chicane on lap1 twice now, last one from 0.6 back. I get SR down, that other finishes with blue S. Twice had people attempt 2 wide through the chicane. If you back off to keep it single file anyone behind is viewing that as weakness so attacks, in the middle of the chicane. Crashed me and guess who got the penalty. Yay!

Only down about 800 DR in 2 races, but non patience for moves. A lot like St Croix

Odds are the Motul GTR will be the Meta, if not it will be the NSX, the older cars can’t usually keep up. :)

Oddly so far on the Asian leader boards it's the older car that's on top.

Great job man! I was pushing hard enough to be attempting the bus stop without lifting, it can be done. :)

Confirmed. Of the 10 qualifying laps I did with the NSX I managed 2 without hitting anything going through the bus stop at full throttle. I won't be doing it during the race, but it helps for setting a qualifying time.

I like this combo, but Monza would have been better. Still a fast circuit though.

EG0o8Y6UwAAZ_rb

Dropped my time to a 10.2
EG0ogp9UUAIEFwZ

Last nights TCR Europe finale

Well done on the win! Great to see positions change between 1st, 2nd and 3rd so much and no penalties. Good racing!

Why don't you use bumper cam? The view is not all that different to bonnet but you'd get a mirror AND and a radar. I was getting dizzy with you flicking to rear view. No idea how you do that while racing.

I've never raced Tokyo in any format because it scares the bejeezis out of me but I'm one of the very few around here to seems to enjoy the FWD Gr4 cars. I'll miss my livery but may give this a try.

Race A features the FF Gr.4 cars. :)

Edit: and the MX-5 ND for race C.

Would love to read you guy's guesses on what the N100 car will be...

I'm hoping newer MX5, but I'm not holding my breath on that...

I cannot believe my guess on the Mazda was correct.... I'm usually far off about these sort of things...

Let me try again for next week's race C...

Gr.3 @ a wet Red Bull Ring... Pls PD, I just wanna see the chaos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back