"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by LordDrift, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 05XR8

05XR8

:lol: I noticed my eyes flinching when I watch the replays. Might just load the track camera replays. :tup:

I prefer roof/hood cam to place the front corner at the apex. Bumper cam gives me the false proximity to objects. No doubt I used bumper cam, as default view for all GT games until we got the in-car option. I use cockpit offline, but with these penalties, I use the roof/hood cam.

I don't block players, so watch this before racing. :scared:;)

Qyn, The_Tullster, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  2. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

whereabouts in the UK did you say you were from? If you say London, you're dead to me :p

Qyn, dlshearon, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

Started 3rd. Got a good launch. Lead from the tunnel and Lap 1 , but got passed towards the end of the straight on Lap 2.
    [​IMG]

Sciroccket is the best in my opinion. Megane has that V8 punch, but the Scirocco can catch up and pass on the straight and has the overall tight handling for all the corners.

DelboyD, Qyn, dlshearon and 5 others like this.
  4. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Got pretty lucky here :p

DelboyD, Qyn, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  5. 6BK

6BK

(Un)Officially that is called "The Trap". Comes at the end of The Drain Pipe.:lol:

I feel caught: Tokyo usually looks bleak as far as SR goes but Gr2 through the Bus Stop does not look much better. I think I'll have to try both and figure out which one is most fun. At least then I can enjoy watching my rankings drop.

Lucky that you were not taken out yes, but the rest was not luck. You got a good drive all the way from the bridge exit and were close enough to make the move when it presented. 1st place moves across the track 2 or 3 times blocking 2nd at 1 min 19 / 20 secs. That does my head in. Pick a line man!

Qyn, Pigems, The_Tullster and 3 others like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

:lol: I got greedy

Qyn, The_Tullster, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  7. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Qyn, Pigems, QC YALUM and 1 other person like this.
  8. Famine

Famine Administrator

[​IMG]

EinsTheOne, Qyn, Granadier and 8 others like this.
  9. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Death Chicane chaos hehe. You could have strolled there but happens. I threw up a comfortable win like that in the last lap itself.

10. 05XR8

05XR8

That's how much grunt it "feels" like it has. :p

11. breeminator

breeminator

Qyn, Granadier, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  12. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Well, I don't have any Gr.2 cars and I don't feel like buying one lol. Race A and probably C for me this week!

Qyn, Redneckchef, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  13. RJBMonkey

RJBMonkey

So this was my first try of Race A this morning. If this is how its going to be every time i don't think i'll bother again!

DelboyD, Qyn, sturk0167 and 1 other person like this.
  14. watto79

watto79

Don't let one bad driver ruin your enjoyment. I'm more interested in how there were only 4 people in your race!?

Also, if you sort out your own SR you'll see a lot less of that kind of driving :tup:

DelboyD, Qyn, Pigems and 3 others like this.
  15. BaareCZ

BaareCZ

Tsukuba in the Mazda Roadster for race C? Are they :censored: joking? :banghead: Nothing against the car but that track is just too damn short. Gr. 2 at Seaside looks fun though. Race B it is then. Chicane of death here I come. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Qyn, Pigems, Leftcurl and 3 others like this.
  16. RJBMonkey

RJBMonkey

Yeah will just have to work on building it up after he took it down from a B to C in that race. Race A certainly not the place for building SR! haha.
    There were only 8 cars to start with for some reason, 4 dropping out as soon as they got hit with 5 second penalties for hitting the wall :irked:

Qyn, Pigems, The_Tullster and 2 others like this.
  17. 05XR8

05XR8

Last race for the night. No qualy.
    [​IMG]

Qyn, Redsea666, JEverettL and 4 others like this.
  18. djidane57

djidane57

1st race in weeks : "disconnected from network" i love this game

Qyn, dlshearon, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

So stoked for Race B, finally to get a Group 2 race full stop is great, but not only that but the first one with no tyre wear for about a year!

Flat out full on sprint race, bring on the chicane of death!

Qyn, Redsea666, Sven Jurgens and 7 others like this.
  20. Vegard

Vegard

@Famine
    [​IMG]

Qyn, Trone_Colby, dlshearon and 2 others like this.
  21. Lateralus5813

Lateralus5813

Tried about 8 laps with the Scirocco on Race A, my best was 2:13.2. As always, the top guys are 5, 6 seconds ahead of me. Will I get there someday? :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled:

Now a genuine question. Why only some of my Gr. 4 cars are available for race A?

Also, it seems like the TT is the preferred car this week.

Qyn, Redsea666, Db1312 and 2 others like this.
  22. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Few posts above is Spacedust`s video. Happens bro

Qyn, Redsea666 and Pigems like this.
  23. 6BK

6BK

Race A is always a set car supplied by the game rather than a selection from your own garage out of whatever group is designated. So, rather than being any N200 car from your garage it will be an N200 that the game gives you and every other driver will only get that same car. It certainly makes it an even race where it is driver skill rather than car choice which determines the outcome - that or whoever punts the best. When they run these races using Gr4 they tend to use not just 1 car (but that has happened) but instead use all the Gr4 FWD cars. At this stage it's happening about every month or so. It's annoying because it would be so easy for them to make it a 1 make and pick a RWD or 4WD, or a selection of all the Gr4 4WD only for a change. With so many possible car & track combinations it is mind numbing that the same ones keep being used time and again.

You also don't get to select a garage car so have to drive in whatever horrible livery the game gives the car.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Redsea666, Pigems and Lateralus5813 like this.
  24. ASH32

ASH32

Yes seems to be the case for me too since I came back to racing a couple of weeks ago. There is always at least 1 or 2 gone either before (usually before or after the entry list screen) or during the race (cars just vanish in front of you) and it's just luck whether that is you or not (if it's you the black dc message just appears out of nowhere and you have to click it and are removed from the race).

From experience I'm pretty sure when it's this dc rather than internet issues. When I had internet issues all the other cars stopped or drove off the track first before I was later kicked and I've seen other people's cars just shoot off the track or smash into cars or barriers before vanishing, which I assume is them losing their connection. With this dc message (which doesn't even kick you from PD's servers, just that race) cars just vanish mid straight or mid corner and the screen does a little bounce, like lag and that can really mess up your race too.

Pigems and 6BK like this.
  25. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

The TT is most popular in the lower Dr classes every time this selection of cars come up. The higher up you get the more the Sirocco rises in popularity. The TT is strongest but the Sirocco is much more agile. The Mégane has the highest top speed. The Peugeot, well I can't say much, never really rode it.

Redsea666, Steer, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  26. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Very appropriate for message #666 :lol:.

27. 6BK

6BK

I was getting kicked at lobby but resolved it by moving my LAN away from a powerline plug and back to direct connection. Solved that issue. I am noticing lately that there are more UK drivers lagging that usual. Could be just pure coincidence but it's not something I recall happening much before. Lately though it seems common.

At Brands a couple of weeks back I was in 10th, rounded the last turn and every car in front drove into the barrier. I went to 1st on the track and my name was showing as first for nearly 30 seconds. I couldn't believe my luck that every car in the race crashed at the same turn. Then I was kicked!:crazy::idea::lol:

28. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

One space open for this, if any of you are interested.

Gr.1 vs Gr.3 Catalunya.

In whichever class you want.

6BK, Redsea666, larrybr07n and 4 others like this.
  29. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

• Breath. Relax.
    • Try to ignore the current lap progress timer at bottom of screen. Enjoy the car and the circuit.
    • Breath. Relax.
    • Pay attention to what you're actually doing rather than what you should be doing, if you can't spot your errors they can't be fixed. Then plan the fixes in advance.
    • Remember to breathe and relax.
    • Have fun.

Mc_Yavel, QC YALUM, Redsea666 and 7 others like this.
  30. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

NOOOOOOO!! i know you weren't catching P2 but ya know :lol:

6BK, The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.