"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
6BK
Well done on the win! Great to see positions change between 1st, 2nd and 3rd so much and no penalties. Good racing!

Why don't you use bumper cam? The view is not all that different to bonnet but you'd get a mirror AND and a radar. I was getting dizzy with you flicking to rear view. No idea how you do that while racing.

I've never raced Tokyo in any format because it scares the bejeezis out of me but I'm one of the very few around here to seems to enjoy the FWD Gr4 cars. I'll miss my livery but may give this a try.
:lol: I noticed my eyes flinching when I watch the replays. Might just load the track camera replays. 👍

I prefer roof/hood cam to place the front corner at the apex. Bumper cam gives me the false proximity to objects. No doubt I used bumper cam, as default view for all GT games until we got the in-car option. I use cockpit offline, but with these penalties, I use the roof/hood cam.

I don't block players, so watch this before racing. :scared:;)

oh hey, I just got my new EMEA account to A/S yesterday in under 30 races!

I gotta say, I've had some great races so far posing as a Brit and have made a few friends along the way. Almost everybody has been squeaky clean around me, which is more than I can say for my own region. But I know dirty players exist everywhere, I've just been pretty lucky.

I did run a few no-qualy races at St. Croix but for all others I posted a time before racing. I think I'll get my DR up a little more then start doing no-qualy again. Or maybe I'll try for A+? Hehe, that might be a bit too optimistic for that region but we'll see.

Here's my stats: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9978652

whereabouts in the UK did you say you were from? If you say London, you're dead to me :P

Started 3rd. Got a good launch. Lead from the tunnel and Lap 1 , but got passed towards the end of the straight on Lap 2.
EG06tNCUcAE5XFS

Sciroccket is the best in my opinion. Megane has that V8 punch, but the Scirocco can catch up and pass on the straight and has the overall tight handling for all the corners.

This weekend was awful for me in St Croix

I was bumped many times because the guys behind brake too late

And the same section

550x648_570.jpg
(Un)Officially that is called "The Trap". Comes at the end of The Drain Pipe.:lol:

Race B is looking like death before deceleration. Divebombed into the first left chicane on lap1 twice now, last one from 0.6 back. I get SR down, that other finishes with blue S. Twice had people attempt 2 wide through the chicane. If you back off to keep it single file anyone behind is viewing that as weakness so attacks, in the middle of the chicane. Crashed me and guess who got the penalty. Yay!

Only down about 800 DR in 2 races, but non patience for moves. A lot like St Croix

I feel caught: Tokyo usually looks bleak as far as SR goes but Gr2 through the Bus Stop does not look much better. I think I'll have to try both and figure out which one is most fun. At least then I can enjoy watching my rankings drop.

Got pretty lucky here :P

Lucky that you were not taken out yes, but the rest was not luck. You got a good drive all the way from the bridge exit and were close enough to make the move when it presented. 1st place moves across the track 2 or 3 times blocking 2nd at 1 min 19 / 20 secs. That does my head in. Pick a line man!

Tsukuba in the Mazda Roadster for race C? Are they 🤬 joking? :banghead: Nothing against the car but that track is just too damn short. Gr. 2 at Seaside looks fun though. Race B it is then. Chicane of death here I come. :lol:

Last edited:
Don't let one bad driver ruin your enjoyment. I'm more interested in how there were only 4 people in your race!?

Also, if you sort out your own SR you'll see a lot less of that kind of driving 👍

Yeah will just have to work on building it up after he took it down from a B to C in that race. Race A certainly not the place for building SR! haha.
There were only 8 cars to start with for some reason, 4 dropping out as soon as they got hit with 5 second penalties for hitting the wall :irked:

Tried about 8 laps with the Scirocco on Race A, my best was 2:13.2. As always, the top guys are 5, 6 seconds ahead of me. Will I get there someday? :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled:

Now a genuine question. Why only some of my Gr. 4 cars are available for race A?

Also, it seems like the TT is the preferred car this week.

Yeah will just have to work on building it up after he took it down from a B to C in that race. Race A certainly not the place for building SR! haha.
There were only 8 cars to start with for some reason, 4 dropping out as soon as they got hit with 5 second penalties for hitting the wall :irked:
Few posts above is Spacedust`s video. Happens bro

Tried about 8 laps with the Scirocco on Race A, my best was 2:13.2. As always, the top guys are 5, 6 seconds ahead of me. Will I get there someday? :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled:

Now a genuine question. Why only some of my Gr. 4 cars are available for race A?

Race A is always a set car supplied by the game rather than a selection from your own garage out of whatever group is designated. So, rather than being any N200 car from your garage it will be an N200 that the game gives you and every other driver will only get that same car. It certainly makes it an even race where it is driver skill rather than car choice which determines the outcome - that or whoever punts the best. When they run these races using Gr4 they tend to use not just 1 car (but that has happened) but instead use all the Gr4 FWD cars. At this stage it's happening about every month or so. It's annoying because it would be so easy for them to make it a 1 make and pick a RWD or 4WD, or a selection of all the Gr4 4WD only for a change. With so many possible car & track combinations it is mind numbing that the same ones keep being used time and again.

You also don't get to select a garage car so have to drive in whatever horrible livery the game gives the car.

Last edited:
1st race in weeks : "disconnected from network" i love this game

Yes seems to be the case for me too since I came back to racing a couple of weeks ago. There is always at least 1 or 2 gone either before (usually before or after the entry list screen) or during the race (cars just vanish in front of you) and it's just luck whether that is you or not (if it's you the black dc message just appears out of nowhere and you have to click it and are removed from the race).

From experience I'm pretty sure when it's this dc rather than internet issues. When I had internet issues all the other cars stopped or drove off the track first before I was later kicked and I've seen other people's cars just shoot off the track or smash into cars or barriers before vanishing, which I assume is them losing their connection. With this dc message (which doesn't even kick you from PD's servers, just that race) cars just vanish mid straight or mid corner and the screen does a little bounce, like lag and that can really mess up your race too.

The TT is most popular in the lower Dr classes every time this selection of cars come up. The higher up you get the more the Sirocco rises in popularity. The TT is strongest but the Sirocco is much more agile. The Mégane has the highest top speed. The Peugeot, well I can't say much, never really rode it.

Yes seems to be the case for me too since I came back to racing a couple of weeks ago. There is always at least 1 or 2 gone either before (usually before or after the entry list screen) or during the race (cars just vanish in front of you) and it's just luck whether that is you or not (if it's you the black dc message just appears out of nowhere and you have to click it and are removed from the race).

From experience I'm pretty sure when it's this dc rather than internet issues. When I had internet issues all the other cars stopped or drove off the track first before I was later kicked and I've seen other people's cars just shoot off the track or smash into cars or barriers before vanishing, which I assume is them losing their connection. With this dc message (which doesn't even kick you from PD's servers, just that race) cars just vanish mid straight or mid corner and the screen does a little bounce, like lag and that can really mess up your race too.

I was getting kicked at lobby but resolved it by moving my LAN away from a powerline plug and back to direct connection. Solved that issue. I am noticing lately that there are more UK drivers lagging that usual. Could be just pure coincidence but it's not something I recall happening much before. Lately though it seems common.

At Brands a couple of weeks back I was in 10th, rounded the last turn and every car in front drove into the barrier. I went to 1st on the track and my name was showing as first for nearly 30 seconds. I couldn't believe my luck that every car in the race crashed at the same turn. Then I was kicked!:crazy:💡:lol:

Second week in a row where my lap times have decreased steadily as the week goes on. Setting decent quali times early on, but then never able to match or beat it later on.

Any tips from y'all more experienced drivers on ways to keep the pace up throughout the week?
  • Breath. Relax.
  • Try to ignore the current lap progress timer at bottom of screen. Enjoy the car and the circuit.
  • Breath. Relax.
  • Pay attention to what you're actually doing rather than what you should be doing, if you can't spot your errors they can't be fixed. Then plan the fixes in advance.
  • Remember to breathe and relax.
  • Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back