"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I complain a lot but I'm seriously getting tired of having to drive ultra defensively through every corner to prevent nimrod drivers from seeing a bit of tarmac and foaming at the mouth. You aren't Senna, you aren't good, just back off and drive sensibly.

You got a 5s penalty for that? In most of my races I'd get an orange SR and that's about it. For t-boning someone at full throttle is worth 3s, but a 5s penalty takes something *really* special to be awarded :crazy:. The joys of DR/D :P.

A great week on the ring comes to an end. Good I'm tired!

I managed to get 5 victories from the back this week in different cars
DyiXMWl.jpg

DR peaked at 48,358 Sunday before the races became messy again. Mornings are always the cleanest.
It settled on 46K for the last 3 days.
2xTeJ68.jpg

One day I'll reach A+ without qualifying :) not yet.

Despite not qualifying my starting position was almost never all at the back. My average start, finish and SR for the week:

Mo Start 08-19 14.8 Finish 1-10 4.5 SR 91-99 97.9
Tu Start 08-19 14.0 Finish 1-13 5.9 SR 85-99 96.7
We Start 10-18 13.8 Finish 2-12 5.3 SR 86-99 98.0
Th Start 05-18 13.8 Finish 2-10 6.4 SR 94-99 98.5
Fr Start 07-19 14.6 Finish 3-14 5.8 SR 87-99 97.7
Sa Start 12-18 14.0 Finish 1-11 5.3 SR 89-99 98.2
Su Start 08-20 15.2 Finish 1-14 5.1 SR 79-99 95.1

Monday my DR was still low to start at the back, Sunday finally had the most qualifiers.
Cleanest day was Thursday, worst today, damn Sunday drivers!

I finally qualified just an hour ago with a 8:20.5 or something and tried one race with qualifying. My luck, GT Sports dirtiest driver started behind me in a GT-R in 4th. He forced his way past in T1 of course, fine go ahead. Then took out 2nd at the entrance to the Nord, forced his way past 1st a bit further on who stayed on road. I was behind former first who was driving erratically after he got passed. He couldn't handle the Huracan, panic braked early at the turn for the middle straight, I couldn't avoid nor expected an A+ driver to brake so soon, 4 sec penalty. I pitted, didn't finish the race, bah qualifying.

I missed Big Willow completely, but still tried to make a jump on the Nord :)
XBymR4F.gif

Almost off the ground. I kept 4th place as well, spin and go.

One more then, not to end on a downer. I'll just pull over and race from the back if he's there again.

He was there again. Instead of pulling over I forced a standing start :mischievous:

That worked perfectly. His car, on the left of mine, ghosted and got stuck in place when the field took off :lol: Fun clean race (at the front at least) and I briefly got in first place with some luck. However first was smart and used his head start to save up fuel. After he passed me on the straight, end lap 1, I tried to keep up, reeled him in a bit but then had to shift earlier again to make it. I finished 2nd with 0% left. Fun race! And mr trouble finished 7th with a red A. Apologies to the backfield who had to deal with him this time :guilty:

Last edited:
Got to say I'll be relying on this discussion to figure out spa this week. Took some beery practice laps to learn it a bit the other day, then myself and both kids come down sick. I'm still good to work but got no time to stay up for GT Sport, kids coughing and wheezing all night and day. Joys of spring. Looking to see how it all plays out so I have half a chance to race decently when I get back up. Quite puzzled as to how they are going to run track limits there with all the runoffs as well. Let the carnage begin.

!
Bummed to see it’s just another fuel saving race without other viable strategies. Giving RM’s as an option would’ve made next week much more interesting

Only done the one race but would say you can do either, just make the decision which you are going to do first. My quick run turned fuel saving turned pit cos I ain't gonna have enough fuel to get to the finish would've gone better had I decided to go one way or the other from the start. Definitely a case for going flat out and pitting for fuel... maybe not tyres though

Moving on to next week, I bet that we can expect this to draw a track cutting penalty.

49010913332_e739f64c48_c.jpg

0.5s to be paid the following lap 3/4 of the way down the Kemmel straight, not a punishing penalty. I'd have put the penalty zone just after Stavelot, that would have caused some chaos :D

0.5s to be paid the following lap 3/4 of the way down the Kemmel straight, not a punishing penalty. I'd have put the penalty zone just after Stavelot, that would have caused some chaos
Same if you make that one but run wide into the pit exit lane. However if you cut the Les Combes chicane at the end of the straight, 3 seconds. Make sure you know your braking marker for that one and allow for reduced downforce if you're following close behind another car.

My first of the week was also C, RC-F '17. Pitted. P16/20 > P15, CRB. I must have been lucky, 10 red S and 14 red dots on the results board :D. To be expected though, first or second race of the week on a "new" track (Asia / Oceania only just switched week less than an hour ago). Watching the other drivers it was obvious at least half of them were learning the track still. I think I only did as well as I did because I used to run endurance races on that track in a previous GT.
First time through Eau Rouge / Raidillon was a drift fest, I may post a replay later if I can work out how to edit that bit down :)

Got in a few Race Bs and a Race C at the weekend, without a Slophy my quali times were leaving me at the back (13th at best) for Big Willow, but so many people were throwing themselves off the road, I don't think I finished lower than 10th, and managed 5th in one race.

Didn't quite finish a lap in time for the Race C, so started at the back in the Aston, but was up to 12th by the time we left the GP circuit, and was right on the back of a train of 4 until I stuck it in the gravel at Brunnchen. Only lost one place, but had long gaps in front and behind so drove pretty steady, and gained one place to a stopper, then some more from two serving penalties, and one who must have run out of fuel to scrape my way back to 10th, with 1% of fuel left on the line having short shifted in FM1 for the whole race, but went to FM6 for the last couple of corners at the end of the straight just to be safe.

Dropped a few hundred DR across the whole weekend, but held 99SR the whole time. Made a deal with myself as well that when I get to 10 wins (I'm at 7 from 224 races, so it might be a while), I'll go for the 15 clean races trophy. It's tempting to try it whole actually racing, but I can't see it working without pootling around at the back.

!

Only done the one race but would say you can do either, just make the decision which you are going to do first. My quick run turned fuel saving turned pit cos I ain't gonna have enough fuel to get to the finish would've gone better had I decided to go one way or the other from the start. Definitely a case for going flat out and pitting for fuel... maybe not tyres though
What car were you using mate? And what's your DR/SR?

Assuming that isn't sarcasm (and seeing my results board, I wouldn't blame you)... Clean Race Bonus :)
No, I genuinely did not know what it meant...
Probably because I never really cared for it... If the game gives me an SR down for gently nudging someone (or being gently nudged) so be it...
I don't mind a fair bit of hard racing, they can be quite entertaining...
Anyway, appreciate it..

Last edited:
I only got to race yesterday. Managed 4 races at Willow Springs - I put in about 15 qualifying laps before racing, but only managed a low 1:18 and never qualied better than 11th on the grid.

Drove 3 races on the ring. One with no qualy - started last, finished last. Qualified with an 8:40 in the AMG next and managed one 10th and one 6th place finish, both with a no-stop. And as I am not manually shifting, I couldn't use short-shifting for fuel saving. Finished both races with 0% fuel and had to go Lean 6 on the final straight.

Went from 10115 DR rating to 6900 :( overall.

I really hope Redbull Ring and Spa are kinder to me this week, although, I won't get a lot of racing done probably.

As some may know, this week's C race is looking like a fuel saver race. :(

I was doing a race right now, and 2nd place was all over me. He eventually had to pit (end of lap 6), which put him 10 seconds behind me, and I Prius-ed my way to victory.

My best lap was in mid 2:21, so you'd basically need to pass me (preferrably before the end of Kemmel straight), and then constantly get low 2:20 (or even 2:19) or below to pit and then come out around the time I tackle T1. It doesn't help that 1st place doesn't have to deal with the last 2 turns in the rolling start, so pulling this off is even harder.

What car were you using mate? And what's your DR/SR?
Supra, A/S (quite close to A+). The lobby was really strong for an early morning race, there were 4 A+, 2 B and the rest A, Spa must have made a few people ill for work! The guy who won was in a Supra and pitted, I got taken on the last lap - because I went wide at Les Combes - by a Jag that was a few seconds ahead of me before pitting and had pitted for tyres and fuel, I just pitted for fuel after L6 and overtook him on my out lap but if I didn't make the mistake I'd have probably held him off

Already at 2:18.6 on Spa with the Supra. I've seen some aliens get 2:17, which is my time goal!

Edit:
2:17.923
Getting Eau Rouge right is 🤬 painful.

Now I've figured the line out I'm pretty consistent taking Eau Rouge flat out (in qualy at least), Pouhon on the other hand, there's loads of time there... somewhere... if I can find it!!

*You can tell people are up for this! Top 10 EMEA has plenty of the top guys in it and it's only been running a couple of hours!

Supra, A/S (quite close to A+). The lobby was really strong for an early morning race, there were 4 A+, 2 B and the rest A, Spa must have made a few people ill for work! The guy who won was in a Supra and pitted, I got taken on the last lap - because I went wide at Les Combes - by a Jag that was a few seconds ahead of me before pitting and had pitted for tyres and fuel, I just pitted for fuel after L6 and overtook him on my out lap but if I didn't make the mistake I'd have probably held him off

Now I've figured the line out I'm pretty consistent taking Eau Rouge flat out (in qualy at least), Pouhon on the other hand, there's loads of time there... somewhere... if I can find it!!

*You can tell people are up for this! Top 10 EMEA has plenty of the top guys in it and it's only been running a couple of hours!
In the Supra, I know I lose quite a bit of time at Pouhon, as it struggles to rotate through it.

All the aliens and us are excited to finally try this out in the Daily Races! :lol:

Hi to all
Last week my play time was focused on the Ring ones.

I had a lot of fun even if some races were ruined by the penalty system and child beahviour of some players, I played so much that I'm used to them...

Saturday i stopped to race in order to start my "reabilitation" to the wheel.. Last time that I've used it (DFGT) was in 2009 ..
I did a lot of laps trying to reach my pad times .... it will be a loong way for me ...

Hi to all ..

..During the race I noticed a little bit of oversteer and i had to brake at the Schumacher esses (the first time so far ... ). During the first lap i received some little "doorslamming":irked::mad:, did some overtake:mischievous: .. and NO pitstop:sly: .. but after two turns in the GP part of the N24 i realised :odd: that ...:nervous:

I was racing with RAIN TIRES .. :ouch::ouch::banghead:

Pics from that situation..
49012107217_9b4d4370da_z.jpg

49011367003_94817cc3b0_z.jpg

The following race with the right tires was... more better ;)

49011899081_eddd80c204_z.jpg

the other races of 10/29/2019
49011367078_258164aeed_z.jpg

49011367073_6a09182f1d_z.jpg

Screens of best (and worst too) results day by day ...

10/30/2019
49012128502_777d8e797b_z.jpg

49012128467_68325715c4_z.jpg

49011920286_d1eda36a60_z.jpg

49012128337_54b3775ae7_z.jpg

49011388658_5b8bb97645_z.jpg

49011388523_6798985f5e_z.jpg

49011920196_40feba1dd5_z.jpg

10/31/2019
49012147887_a7962e0e78_z.jpg

49011408123_e508af1224_z.jpg

49012147822_2a3668bb28_z.jpg

49011408058_5d3563a472_z.jpg

49012147957_08ca8f0a42_z.jpg

49011408178_d39fb08b76_z.jpg

49012147917_02d0eec8f5_z.jpg

11/01/2019
49012165572_8e25e33be7_z.jpg

49011426138_e9f0124f77_z.jpg

49011958051_472eeccc0a_z.jpg

49012165622_4a420f1d5a_z.jpg

49011426163_d05a137714_z.jpg

This week will be dedicated to learn SPA from the fastest ones ;)

IR

Last edited:
I did a few laps, 20.2 in the Porsche is the best so far, I can’t figure out the line to take Eau Rouge without lifting as of yet. I don’t know if the Porsche is the best car for me either. I’ll try more after work today. :)
Completely abuse the downhill left hand kink, get as far left as you can while leaving your right wing mirror hanging over the track. Once you get used to timing when to turn in from there it's not that bad. Can even release the steering on the exit!

No, I genuinely did not know what it meant...
Probably because I never really cared for it... If the game gives me an SR down for gently nudging someone (or being gently nudged) so be it...
I don't mind a fair bit of hard racing, they can be quite entertaining...
Anyway, appreciate it..
Oh don't get me wrong, clean race bonus doesn't always mean contact free. It only means the game thinks none of it was your fault and you had no self induced off track excursions. About lap 5 a Beetle fluffed the final chicane and pushed me wide coming onto the start finish straight, he got a penalty (force a car off track), I still had a "clean" race.

Completely abuse the downhill left hand kink, get as far left as you can while leaving your right wing mirror hanging over the track. Once you get used to timing when to turn in from there it's not that bad. Can even release the steering on the exit!
It would be easier if I could see the second left hand apex exiting Raidillon before I have to commit to my turn in point :crazy: . If you get that a fraction wrong you're in the old pit exit lane and cop a track limits penalty (though it's only 0.5s) or you're 15mph slow onto the straight (which is worse than the track limit penalty).

Last edited:
Big Lex putting in work. I knew Spa would be great for Sport Mode.

EIha4BfU0AAehyu

EIhgOlxUYAEY_EU

Good fclean fair fight with the 10th place AMG. It got a penalty before we both pitted end of lap 5. Jumped me with less fuel. Then, last lap, it went to wide and couldn't get off the run-off, at the final downhill section, after the double right-hander.

FT-1 ran out of fuel at the old bus stop chicane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back