"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly races getting really repetitive ,PD has to focusing on GT 7 .Reminds me when GT 6 was starting to come to a end .We should be really scared if we ever go down to one race .:nervous:

I can't manage to get 911 RSR under 32.8, so you are flying man! :D:D My excuse is that I've only started playing the game 3 weeks ago, so well, in racing the good excuse is important same as the pole position. :lol: But in races I've seen that I gain time on opponents most of the time through final corner, I approach the braking point (few meters before the 50 mark) just shifting up to 4th, then hard braking and two quick downshifts into 3rd and 2nd before turning, not taking too much curb, and then early on the throttle immediately after the apex. Brake balance -1 or -2.

PS: new user here, been reading these threads for a while now (even before I got GT Sport :lol:), finally decided to register, community here seems great, cheers to all! :cheers:

Lol, I have to do very quick sectors 1 and 2 to not become a sitting duck in sector 3. I really am terrible there.. I wil try braking a few meters before the 50 mark :cheers:.

31.5 in the Lambo with -4 BB so far, might go back to the Supra to see if I can beat that time but the Lambo feels easy in comparison.

MR > FR
The Lambo feels much faster than the RSR but I'm just not good in it. The only place where I beat the RSR in the Lambo is the final corner:lol:.

I can't say I know what the aliens are doing, but for me, in the 911, first gear is a must. Even my best corner speed through there leaves plenty of revs in first gear, and anything but my best line/speed through the corner, and i REALLY need the accel of first to get a good drive.

1st gear seems safer (car turns in better) but I tend to lose more time to my ghost compared to 2nd gear.

Practicing for the FIA races has made me realize just how much I hate Interlagos. I thought it was G29 transition thing (and my time is still about a second slower than on the controller), but I just have a hard time liking anything about the track, honestly. I've been racing mostly the F-type and the 'Vette. Maybe I'll have to try something different over the weekend.

My Daily Race wish list at this point includes using tracks that aren't Interlagos, RBR, and Autopolis, and a Race C in Gr4 cars.

Last night was one of the races that I play this game for. STACKED room. Not even 1 penalty dished out.

You have to love it when you look at the DR A players, who are the lowest ranked guys in the room, and you could swear they were A+ players not that long ago (or maybe on another account).

ENVCwb5WwAEIwDc

Here's the replay, and I cycled between three distinct groups (mostly the first two groups).

Managed the 15 clean race streak, was very tense any time a car came near me in the last few, and took to the pits a couple of times to give myself some breathing room. Had a bit of a scare when there was a glitch start at about race 10, and everyone except 1st bunched up, so just as we started someone ran into the back of me, fortunately they knocked me into the wall and the penalty system worked for once and left me with the CRB!!

Having managed it, did one more race, started from 8th with my accidental qualifying lap, and took the win, bit easy, but I don't often get to say that when my normal level is about 8k DR!!

Glad I managed the 15 in one go before going back to work, I normally can only fit in 5-10 races a week, so would have taken much longer!!!

Last night was one of the races that I play this game for. STACKED room. Not even 1 penalty dished out.

You have to love it when you look at the DR A players, who are the lowest ranked guys in the room, and you could swear they were A+ players not that long ago (or maybe on another account).

ENVCwb5WwAEIwDc

Here's the replay, and I cycled between three distinct groups (mostly the first two groups).

Yeah, the online competition is fierce! My brief time as an A driver had me feeling like a fish out of water. With the amount of time I have, i'm definitely more of a high level B driver. MY Q times in the A rooms usually had me at or near the back. And the older I get, the more practice, and warmup I need to perform in a race. I don't do well with pressure if I'm cold.

Yeah, the online competition is fierce! My brief time as an A driver had me feeling like a fish out of water. With the amount of time I have, i'm definitely more of a high level B driver. MY Q times in the A rooms usually had me at or near the back. And the older I get, the more practice, and warmup I need to perform in a race. I don't do well with pressure if I'm cold.

I find I need a few races to get into the grove. I suck at the FIA races. I always seem to get it wrong when race days come so I just don't bother. Like, on Wednesday, I had the time to do the FIA race but I mess qualifying (again) and I got the tire strategy terrible wrong. Also, it's like the tire wear with controllers has become even worse...ANYWAY...I hear ya

The race b lobbies have been rough so far today for a+/a mix. Lots of people attempting and repeatedly failing at low percentage overtakes on each other. Good times.

Last edited:
I find I need a few races to get into the grove. I suck at the FIA races. I always seem to get it wrong when race days come so I just don't bother. Like, on Wednesday, I had the time to do the FIA race but I mess qualifying (again) and I got the tire strategy terrible wrong. Also, it's like the tire wear with controllers has become even worse...ANYWAY...I hear ya
and I've seen your times. you are WAY above the curve in terms of speed.

Raced a bunch at Tokyo in the 86 tonight. A few wins, a few 2nd place against a 22.0 qualifier. Matching wasn't great for some wins. I did have a weird glitch that robbed me of a win. End of lap 2, just did a 23.3 with a 6 second lead. My daughter hit something on her phone and my tv went black and said "connecting to network" , then youtube popped up! Couldn't have been good for DR. That being said, apparently those races have bumped me back to an A rating. I'm sure some gr2 & 3 races tomorrow will take care of that!

Anyway, the last one was a good battle. Was even side by side out of the pit hairpin ( I overcooked the entrance :banghead:) and into the esses. We gave each other room, but he tapped the wall in the left hander, and
I had the inside in the final corner and beat him to the line. Fun stuff, if a bit slow since I was on defence most of the race. He was definitely better on the brakes but I was faster through the flowey parts.
IMG_20200104_003819.jpg
20200104_001544.jpg
20200104_001457.jpg
20200104_001435.jpg

Ahh, race C, where you can punt 3 people clean off track, run others off onto the astroturf consistently and come back with a blue S.

It is bad enough that I finally snapped. One guy ran me off track and punted me off several times the last few days. He has kept his blue S and always finished way up after wrecking lots of people. He was struggling after punting me to last on lap 1 this race and I pull up beside to pass him. He starts side slapping me pushing me to the grass so I feather the throttle and turn I to his rear. Sending him way off track. I get 7 seconds but for all the crap he has been doing to others he earned it. Oh yeah, to prove the penalty system is wrecked I still finished with a blue S.:confused:

Ahh, race C, where you can punt 3 people clean off track, run others off onto the astroturf consistently and come back with a blue S.

It is bad enough that I finally snapped. One guy ran me off track and punted me off several times the last few days. He has kept his blue S and always finished way up after wrecking lots of people. He was struggling after punting me to last on lap 1 this race and I pull up beside to pass him. He starts side slapping me pushing me to the grass so I feather the throttle and turn I to his rear. Sending him way off track. I get 7 seconds but for all the crap he has been doing to others he earned it. Oh yeah, to prove the penalty system is wrecked I still finished with a blue S.:confused:

You and me both. Guy in front ran me into the pit wall as I was making my way passed like Schumacher on Barrichello that one time, he got nothing. I then lean into him and move us back across the track onto the line for T1 and I cop 5 seconds. I let him back by and punted him into the great unknown at the hairpin. Wasn't having none of it. That's what we were bickering about in the lobby if you hadn't noticed.

You and me both. Guy in front ran me into the pit wall as I was making my way passed like Schumacher on Barrichello that one time, he got nothing. I then lean into him and move us back across the track onto the line for T1 and I cop 5 seconds. I let him back by and punted him into the great unknown at the hairpin. Wasn't having none of it. That's what we were bickering about in the lobby if you hadn't noticed.
Nope, I saw it. Saw you keep getting destroyed constantly as well. It isn't often I see you back in the pack with me.
Here is a clip of 2 examples where running massively wide gets nothing but I get tapped by the guy inside me and I get 7 seconds!.

And then there is the first lap of crazy in the last race I could be bothered running. I make no excuses as I had a terrible lap myself. But what are you supposed to do with the pack I saw in front on the back half of the lap.

It was an ugly night but oh well. We all have our bad days

Nope, I saw it. Saw you keep getting destroyed constantly as well. It isn't often I see you back in the pack with me.
Here is a clip of 2 examples where running massively wide gets nothing but I get tapped by the guy inside me and I get 7 seconds!.

And then there is the first lap of crazy in the last race I could be bothered running. I make no excuses as I had a terrible lap myself. But what are you supposed to do with the pack I saw in front on the back half of the lap.

It was an ugly night but oh well. We all have our bad days

I noticed in the FIA race no-one was getting penalised for running wide out there.

I think a lot of the messiness has to do with the nature of the tracks. In real life, Tilkedrome designs encourage overtaking with curved braking zones into acute corners that allow drivers to peek the nose up the inside. The thing is IRL drivers have a sense of decorum and risk assessment. So if things are kept clean there's some good 2 car inside/outside action to be had. This isn't RL though, this is Gran Turismo Sport and as soon as another player gets the opportunity to sneak the nose up the inside the will and they will punt you wide.

Countless times on S3 Fuji and S2-3 Interlagos I overtake someone, pull .3/.4 gap only to be dove on and bumped out of sorts by the guy I've just passed lunging in these braking zones. I therefore can't pull a gap and gaggle of mess with 3/4 cars begins.

Also while I'm still whinging: Anyone ever had a position readdressed by a Japanese player? Is this just not something that's part of their motorsports? Showed my displeasure here, didn't even try to give the spot back.

I had one of those too last night.
Coming down to the curve after the back straight on Interlagos with two cars just ahead of me, brake and goes to the inside as they leave it open. This is lap one.. and out of nowhere (blocked view by the two cars) comes a French guy in a Renault who has been serving penalty all the way into the corner and un-ghost right in front of me. No way to avoid him, even if I run into the wall (and I do) so he gets punted off in the run-off. I lose the two positions which is ok. The after the long right he comes up and sends me all the way to the wall and a reset as last. Well. Back into C, down a little from 99.

I think a big part of that reason is SR down being removed for bumps from behind (or altogether, I've yet see SR down since the update). It used to all add up and nullified SR up for a sector.

With Race Cs, you can gain more SR on average than A/B so you're able to offset several punts and remain at a positive SR. This way more dirty drivers stay at SR S than ever before.

I think a big part of that reason is SR down being removed for bumps from behind (or altogether, I've yet see SR down since the update). It used to all add up and nullified SR up for a sector.

With Race Cs, you can gain more SR on average than A/B so you're able to offset several punts and remain at a positive SR. This way more dirty drivers stay at SR S than ever before.

Yes you can lose SR. I posted a vid in the penalty thread showing how I'm handed 3+1+3 for just existing. Clean race except for being a punch bag first lap and I still lost 10 SR.

But on the whole you are right about ppl escaping -SR thanks to the many laps.
I restored my SR to 99 from 68 in two races I think it was. Totally clean ofc.

I've been a punch bag in race B this morning. Rammed off the track three times and ended up at the back of the field in three races. Demoted to DR D as a result, but a win in the last race has brought me back to a high D and hopefully I'll be promoted again soon. I ask myself, am I getting too hung up about this rating business?

I've been a punch bag in race B this morning. Rammed off the track three times and ended up at the back of the field in three races. Demoted to DR D as a result, but a win in the last race has brought me back to a high D and hopefully I'll be promoted again soon. I ask myself, am I getting too hung up about this rating business?

I'm down to D too, most of the racing isn't too bad, been pushed off a few times & ended up last then regaining a few places. Generally I'm a high C low B. There a few NFS type drivers doing B race this week. Made a few mistakes myself, usualy trying to avoid other drivers.
I check Kudos after every race, think I'm getting obsessed with ranking too :lol:

I've been holding back from posting this all week because i wanted to get it just right...

This week is a poor one for me as Interlagos and Fuji are the two main tracks where i feel i am much slower then the average, and I've hit a bit of a wall when it comes to improving my times on those tracks (not to mention, despite loving Gr.2 cars, i think the skill gap between DS4 users and wheel users is greatest with them espcially with tyre wear).

Race A, however, is the nuts.

Unfortunately, we have arrived at a situation whereby players are unimpressed by the "oh not the Toyota again" syndrome. It's a shame that PD have created a circumstance where we are blind to the delicious Christmas present that is a road going sports car tuned to 145% stock horsepower, racing on a track perfectly suited to appreciate the extra power and the sumptuous handling of the Premium version of the 86.

I understand the drawbacks, I've experienced the punts. But imagine how surprising and generous this racing gift would feel if we hadn't raced this car under various conditions over the past two years?

The situation is compounded by the fact that the daily races very rarely feature grunty cars on sports tyres, meaning that even high B thru A+ drivers ALL have less experience in actual race conditions. This race is no picnic...grid start and high slipstream? Any driver can get hit with some serious curveballs at anytime and as we know, people's abilities at adjusting their breaking points etc varies wildly.

Personally my experience with this week's Race A combo has been a combination of thrilling and frustrating. I actually rate myself quite well in terms of racing in such conditions, and i generally turn on conservative mode in order to stay alive. Of the 8-10 Race A's I've done this week, I'd say only 1 has been "ruined" (at the usual long braking zone at the docks), but i struggle to say it was intentional as a millisecond late braking and you're gonna be up someone's arse. Any other mild inconveniences that I've had in the other 50% of bumpy races were down to people genuinely losing their composure and making an error. The others were good, respectful competitions for the top positions. The best part? They are also very very close, with only a handful of tenths splitting the pack, even at DR high-B's.

I did get a slight guilty feeling when i received a slight bump during the high speed esses before the follow through which led me to nudge a wall and give the poor guy a 1 sec penalty. I guess if you make a sum of all the unfortunate incidents such as that one, you have a metric ton of unhappy gamers...

I was, and to some extent still is, hung up on my DR. But then the race starts, and I don't worry about it. I am perfectly happy having a great race over p10 without gaining any significant DR points, as opposed to have a boring race where I spend 5 laps alone and get lots of DR points.
I am in it for the racing, the points can not be exchanged for anything fun anyway.

I was, and to some extent still is, hung up on my DR. But then the race starts, and I don't worry about it. I am perfectly happy having a great race over p10 without gaining any significant DR points, as opposed to have a boring race where I spend 5 laps alone and get lots of DR points.
I am in it for the racing, the points can not be exchanged for anything fun anyway.

That's my mentality, too. I'm not too fussed about my DR. I'm more interested in maintaining my SR.

If a combo looks to be something I'll need to get the elbows out for (or I want to run from the back) I'll use an alt.

Anyone ever had a position readdressed by a Japanese player? Is this just not something that's part of their motorsports? Showed my displeasure here, didn't even try to give the spot back.

Yeah, I have actually had a few do it over the time I have been on here, but it is about as common as for standard. Meaning I don't see anyone really do it much. Had 1 for it the other day. Even in my crap lap I posted I pulled off the gas after my disastrous appearance at that sharp right to make sure those people got ahead since I screwed them. Was lucky I didnt give them a penalty doing it.

Also @Jagman XK8 I still keep an eye out to where my DR is but I have sort of settled into my range where I bounce up and down a bit over the strength of the dailies. With penalties and luck of the draw matchmaking you can only control it so much. I just work hard at keeping my SR in solid shape.

Last edited:
Me too, DR is not as important as SR for me, although Race A this week has unintentionally seen my DR up by over 8000 points to 26000ish, whilst maintaining my SR at S..... :)

Had some great races - had to learn how to avoid the non-brakers at the docks and the hairpin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back