"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent all week trying to break into the 2.06s by trying all the popular cars for this C event - never managed it. Today was Saturday so a bit more time to race, and I went back to my old favourite Mustang (which I race only because I'm proud of the livery, I pretty much suck at driving fast in it). I used this at the start of the week and could only string together a 2.10. Wouldn't you know, I nailed the 2.06 with it today! My race pace was faster too, but I got pinballed off the track at the banked hairpin and finished 10th (from a potential 4th).

Odd that I seem to do my best with the cars nobody else is using (genesis/mustang)

I find the same. Often fastest in the RCZ whatever the track in GR3 and for some reason the NSX in GR4. I tend to get done in races on straights though

I've been running as a back marker in the top tier lobbies lately so it's refreshing to get an opportunity for a podium every now and then. Almost managed to cock it up at the end though.

<bouncehopspin!!!!!> Oi vey.....ron! @05XR8 :P. After trying what seemed to be a bazillion cars in time trial qualifying, I decided to try the Veyron for S&G. I figured I'd end up on the grass at T1 with the big lumbering drag car disguised as a race car. Bit of a shocker to find I had an easier time getting it around the chicane than most of the other cars :crazy:. Try as I might I was getting 2:09s with most of the other cars, maybe the odd high 2:08. My previous qualy for this weekly was a low 2:08, which got me P2 for my very first race for the week, but that dropped to round P6-P9 through the week. Managed to break into the 2:07s with the Veyron. P2/18 <happy dance>. The predominant car was the GTR. Pre-race screen comes up and we are down to 15 starters with me being a very lonely Aussie on a grid of all Japanese. No English for pre-race comments. Then I see my starting position... P1!!! WTF?? I felt like I suddenly had a target on my back :scared:.

Maggiore_GP_160918.jpg

I got bumped exiting the T1/T2 chicane, and lead the race from there. At one stage I had an 8s lead. I guess P2 made some mistakes. I'm surprised he wasn't eaten up by the pack. I'd see a big lead and keep expecting someone else to come flying up the track, but it didn't happen. I pitted on lap 5, grabbed fuel and tyres, saw me dropped to P6, but when I got back onto the track I was P1 again!

Last two laps I saw my Lead drop from 8s to 6s. I'd picked up a 0.6s penalty for going a bit wider than I wanted, I think it was T4, so no clean race bonus :guilty:.

SR back up to 99 from 96, DR up 1.2K!!!! Another day above DR 1 :sly:.

Next week's races:
- N100 one make - Monza No Chicane - 3 laps, grid start with false start check
- gr.4 - Mount Panorama - 3 laps - Rolling start
- gr.3 - Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop - 10 laps - Rolling start - Fuel x6, Tyre Wear x9
Won't catch me racing next week then 🤬🤬

I have no experience of Mount Panorama online yet, so that's going to be very rough on my ratings. I'm going to have to tackle it eventually though, so may as well hold my nose and jump in. It's either that or Monza. No way I'm subjecting myself to Tokyo.

<bouncehopspin!!!!!> Oi vey.....ron! @05XR8 :P. After trying what seemed to be a bazillion cars in time trial qualifying, I decided to try the Veyron for S&G. I figured I'd end up on the grass at T1 with the big lumbering drag car disguised as a race car. Bit of a shocker to find I had an easier time getting it around the chicane than most of the other cars :crazy:. Try as I might I was getting 2:09s with most of the other cars, maybe the odd high 2:08. My previous qualy for this weekly was a low 2:08, which got me P2 for my very first race for the week, but that dropped to round P6-P9 through the week. Managed to break into the 2:07s with the Veyron. P2/18 <happy dance>. The predominant car was the GTR. Pre-race screen comes up and we are down to 15 starters with me being a very lonely Aussie on a grid of all Japanese. No English for pre-race comments. Then I see my starting position... P1!!! WTF?? I felt like I suddenly had a target on my back :scared:.

View attachment 766157

I got bumped exiting the T1/T2 chicane, and lead the race from there. At one stage I had an 8s lead. I guess P2 made some mistakes. I'm surprised he wasn't eaten up by the pack. I'd see a big lead and keep expecting someone else to come flying up the track, but it didn't happen. I pitted on lap 5, grabbed fuel and tyres, saw me dropped to P6, but when I got back onto the track I was P1 again!

Last two laps I saw my Lead drop from 8s to 6s. I'd picked up a 0.6s penalty for going a bit wider than I wanted, I think it was T4, so no clean race bonus :guilty:.

SR back up to 99 from 96, DR up 1.2K!!!! Another day above DR 1 :sly:.
Good stuff.
I did try an "OyVey"ron in a BMB Infield race. That rear view camera is a trip. Just don't tell the others...

I have no experience of Mount Panorama online yet, so that's going to be very rough on my ratings. I'm going to have to tackle it eventually though, so may as well hold my nose and jump in. It's either that or Monza. No way I'm subjecting myself to Tokyo.

Be thank full it's not a night race :lol:. Bathurst at night is a trip.

Reactions: Qyn
I'm sorry but if you're DR:A you shouldn't be driving like a 3 year old. The driving standards are shocking mid pack DR:A.

****ing idiots lol.

PD, please put these cretins in the rank they should be, for my sanity. I'll leave more racing till later when the children have gone to sleep.

Good to see you @_ApexPredator

@Arcflyer looked to be the victim of one such ****ing clown. Unlucky mate.

I'm sorry but if you're DR:A you shouldn't be driving like a 3 year old. The driving standards are shocking mid pack DR:A.

****ing idiots lol.

PD, please put these cretins in the rank they should be, for my sanity. I'll leave more racing till later when the children have gone to sleep.

Good to see you @_ApexPredator

Well, quick dr is gained by winning, guess what happens to those that are in the way? :lol:

Racing standards are completely gone in this game, whether was left of them at least.

Those of you passionatas advocating for heavy damage in-game as a staple for clean racing, i hope you tuned in to Tidgney's FIA stream tonight and witnessed the unfolded carnage.

Those of you passionatas advocating for heavy damage in-game as a staple for clean racing, i hope you tuned in to Tidgney's FIA stream tonight and witnessed the unfolded carnage.
I'm going to watch it shortly, sounds like I should buy some popcorn first... :P

That was just poor from people. But damage should still remain imo. To be fair the track doesn’t really suit the class of cars with their different strengths. TBH it was bedlam at lemans for the final T24, albeit not everyone.

What am I missing with the 86? Some cars, especially FF Megane, Scirocco & TT I can 1 stop but lap okayish, coming out of pits in the mix with no stoppers. I can no stop the Megane Trophy & Cayman at half decent pace. Lots of posts here are suggesting the 86 works and I see them in race. It feels super stable and never misses a step but it just feels super slow even if not fuel saving.

Just had a solid threeway at Blue Moon which lasted about half the race before someone else who didn't know what he was doing popped up.

Lap 8: I get a 3 second penalty because he's on the outside in the first corner and he inevitably hits the wall.
Lap 9: I serve my penalty on the straight, new guy takes out one of the others after the first corner
Lap 10: I win by .200 after the one other guy left can't serve a penalty in time.

Easy :crazy:

Been building SR in Race A at RBR, hard to get off track penalties and slow steady racing. Just won one too which was satisfying as the car in front always went wide over the last 2 turns, and I used 3rd then 2nd after braking for those and got a much cleaner exit and caught them on the straight.

Unfortunately I got so hacked off with this guy who persistently dive bombed me that I ended up taking him out. I lost the race, sr and Dr - not proud of it but he deserved it 🤬🤬🤬

Last day of sports mode for me tomorrow fir the next two weeks until the races get better so hopefully make some points back

Unfortunately I got so hacked off with this guy who persistently dive bombed me that I ended up taking him out. I lost the race, sr and Dr - not proud of it but he deserved it 🤬🤬🤬

Last day of sports mode for me tomorrow fir the next two weeks until the races get better so hopefully make some points back

I saw it all. He'd done the same to me "making himself room", and on corners which weren't plausible for what he was trying to do.

Had some great races later on this evening though. I bettered my qually which put me higher up the grid which helped.

May see you on track tomorrow :gtpflag:

Improved my qualifying time for Race C in the Cayman.

08:00 room, qualified 5th, finished 3rd without stopping. Top 4 at the start were Mégane Trophies, including what seems to be a lesbian girl who is lagging a lot. Thankfully, said driver made a mistake into T5 and I never saw her again. There is an early tussle for the lead that ended when I joined in. Then, I ended up making a mistake out of T5 on Lap 5, allowing fatmax_mole to get into 3rd, and then a lap later, the blue Mégane that started in 2nd made the same mistake out of T5, causing a battle between the Taiwanese and the Aussie, to which the battle ended on the Final Lap as Moley served his penalty out of the tricky double apex corner. Winner is, well you guessed it, another Mégane in a no stop strategy. In that race, there's also @Rangeraus in the NSX.

Saturday night, not a good time to drive. It was going pretty well, couple victories, slowly climbing back up to SR.B (still racing on BMB) then **** hit the fan again. B/B drivers like to bump. Back in SR.C a real dirty driver kept ramming me and somehow I got the penalties for it... PD you win again tonight, that's 6-0 now, one day left. Current SR 15, DR 32K, one more red rating and it's all gone again. Spider-man time!

Was watching a replay of the Watkins Glen round of the Continental Tires series.
Tried the Scirocket. Nice turn in and off throttle tuck in. Fuel economy is average. It's definitely the lightness of the thing that makes the tyres last.
Pretty much a TCR car in Gr. 4.

For the Bathurst race, I think the Scirocco tops out at 272km/h down Conrod. Meanwhile, the Mustang tops out about 267km/h. Should be an interesting one.

The TT Cup tops out at 161 MPH at the end of Conrod Straight.

Meanwhile, the FT-1 tops out at 173 MPH before the Tokyo EOL T1.

Sunday drive :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The rainbow guy message me he was being pushed around for few laps so lost temper and hit me. What a joke:grumpy:

I encountered that same Rainbow Mégane in my race a few posts above. And yeah, she(?) needs to sort out the connection...

Mégane Trophy time!

16:30 Room, qualified 5th, finished 4th without stopping. I ended up regretted not to give up the position to an NSX that was killed during Lap 1...as proven by a guy who called me a punter... Then, there is @Lion-Face in an 86 starting on pole, and he led the race until the final lap on the banked hairpin as he was passed by miraclenovember in one of the Mégane Trophies, to which prevented a GTP victory... I'm still wondering myself if I am a good driver, a sloppy driver, or a bit of a monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back