"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just not at all up to pace on this week's races, which is odd as I really enjoy the tracks for races B and C.
I only started doing races C a couple of weeks ago so getting used to the pit stops / fuel management, but I'v tried multiple cars and can't find one i can get to grips with. The TT seems to be my best race car and set my qualifying lap at 2.082 - normally between 8-13 on grid - but in the races it has seen me home in last 3 times! My best optimum lap is about a second faster in the AMG but I'm struggling to string an error free lap together with that.

Race B is just a demolition derby in every race I've entered - dive bombed at just about every corner, or just outright rammed all over the track,

I gave up racing and decided to do some laps on TCS 0 after reading the posts. So far so good and my times in both GR3 and GR4 cars are similar to TCS2. Hopefully I can pick up some speed as I get used to it.

Did you manage to hit the pit wall? That's the only way you can get SR Down by yourself on the track.

I guess the game gave you a time out ;)

I imagine you would've done at least one lap in reverse. :lol:
This one was obviously a joke. But (as usual) with serious background:

I picked up A LOT of SR+ green sectors, and 3-4 small 0.5sec track limit penalties.
At the end, I was hoping for a skyrocketing SR, but amazingly, it was SR neutral, i.e. a white letter.
Seems like SR is also somehow handled wrt. to opponents...

I am just not at all up to pace on this week's races, which is odd as I really enjoy the tracks for races B and C.
I only started doing races C a couple of weeks ago so getting used to the pit stops / fuel management, but I'v tried multiple cars and can't find one i can get to grips with. The TT seems to be my best race car and set my qualifying lap at 2.082 - normally between 8-13 on grid - but in the races it has seen me home in last 3 times! My best optimum lap is about a second faster in the AMG but I'm struggling to string an error free lap together with that.

The TT doesn't work, it just eats the tyres and laps 3-5 of a stint are poor.

Try the lambo or no stop the Megane.

I would be tempted to take the server hostage, see how long I can drag out the race without getting disqualified. I guess you could sit in the pit forever :lol:
Pretty sneaky idea, but I feared too much for my ratings :scared:

Quite sure they would call it quits after 30min somehow... but how exactly?
Next time I'll go for the donut or the pit approach, for sure

There's only been 1 car/track combo where ASM made me faster. It was at Big Willow with some kind of ill-handling BMW. I think most people were using it in that race. Otherwise, it is almost always slower. If you start to slide, it retards the engine.

Ugh, I have nightmares about that M4 race at Big Willow. What an utter disaster that car/track combo was.

As far as the CSA argument goes. I used to use it before I got a wheel. Then I got a wheel and forgot to turn it off and kept wondering why it felt like the wheel was on autopilot. Turned it off and suddenly I had complete control.

Interestingly enough, when I'm lazy and just want to do a quick few laps and use the controller, I don't turn on the helpers and since I'm so used to how the cars feel without it, I'm fine not using them with a controller.

Just takes practice to get used to.

Now, if I could just figure out how to get better qualifying times for Sport Mode....

Disconnect problems, anyone ???

View attachment 799375

Out of more than 16, nobody wanted to take the challenge...
Still trying to think of the most ridiculous caption for this...

- Mommiiiiee, why nobody want to play with me ???
- Still managed to get SR- on this race !!!
- Don't mess with the GT Planet mods, otherwise strange thing will happen...

:)

Last edited:
Pretty sneaky idea, but I feared too much for my ratings :scared:

Quite sure they would call it quits after 30min somehow... but how exactly?
Next time I'll go for the donut or the pit approach, for sure

When the weeklies started and everyone was getting bored of Saint Croix, I suggested to have the race in reverse, or slowest wins, no takers though. The DQ timer starts going when you go backwards (wrong way, not actually driving in reverse the correct way) or sit still on the track. I'm not sure about donuts, I've seen people doing those on Bluemoon bay, ghosted, yet causing the yellow flag to be always active making any passes give you SR Down and 3 sec penalty...

You won't gain or lose any DR when alone in a race. You can tank your SR by repeatedly hitting the pit wall, yet otherwise you are safe.

Ugh, I have nightmares about that M4 race at Big Willow. What an utter disaster that car/track combo was.
It was so bad that I shaved over 2 seconds off my lap time with ASM on! :boggled:
I didn't expect anyone else to remember it, since I'm pretty sure it was only a 1 day race. 👍

Just another random idea from a random mind:
WHY not make 3 separate "Daily" Race threads for Races A-C ???
As is, the discussion gets pretty random ... some even talking about the local weather :confused:

Is anyone else having an issue of getting booted out of races before they start?
Once the timer for qualifying is over, the grid appears and shows everyones starting position then bang, boots me back to the GT Sport "Sport" main menu with no explanation.
Happened twice in a row, and I was on pole for both, but they didn't count.
Seriously bloody annoying

Thanks, I do use a wheel yes, a T300 GT, just got it not long ago, I used a DFGT before that. Nice work! I actually saw your post about that earlier and tried the DS4 last night, I’m VERY rusty with it and clocked a very twitchy 2:30 something lap haha, the next couple weren’t much better so I put it away lol, it was worth a shot though. I use X and Square for inputs and D pad to steer so I wasn’t expecting to get faster really. :lol:

What happened to your wheel?

I have 1 year old (next week) Fanatec CSL Elite and back in August I heard an awful loud electrical snap sound from it, needless to say it stopped working. I sent it back to Fanatec for warranty in which they fixed without question or charge but it came back with intermittant self downshifts and upshifts and a flickering LED on the wheel rim whenever I drive. I finally got around to sending it back for these newer issues, I hope it comes back working better this time.

The TT doesn't work, it just eats the tyres and laps 3-5 of a stint are poor.

Try the lambo or no stop the Megane.

The problem with the Megane is that it wears its tyres quite badly.

So I had a race just now, and I set the front tyre balance to 5 - to the clockwise side ie biased to the rear tyres. I did a couple of practice laps in the Megane (the standard horrible one that is as high as most SUVs I reckon) and thought - worth a try. So in a mixed field I started 3rd and they all felt slow. I passed the second car at corner 2 , although that annoys him. I thought - he must be stopping! :cheers: So then there's corner three - the there's corner 4 - coming out of the last of the 1 to 4 corner complex - and I went through there coming 2nd in 4th gear - when its a first to second corner - using the torque of the big Megane cheater engine - and escaping from that now angry Hurican behind me. So at the end of that shortish straight, another couple of corners before the big kinked straight. I braked with my rear brakes - and missed the Apex. Oh dear - I drifted wide onto the grass or something, and then ran straight across the track and into the sand.

Hmmm - these brakes feel different with a car full of fuel I guessed (I'm pretty smart ). Not. OK so I'm 11th now, and also noticed a penalty of half a second. 13 seconds behind the leader too. But I could save fuel if I caught that bunch way up in front of me. I eventually did and st behind and saved some fuel. With the odd error from them I got up to 6th - then they started pitting, except for the leader. Then on lap 6 he pitted and I was almost leading - but he came pout in front of me. He seemed to be ghosted. Then he was solid, and ZI thought I'd sit behind him, save some fuel. Then - he throttle tested me. I barely hit him in the back. On the main straight. He jumped forward up the road, I was then 0.8 behind him. And I got awarded a 4.5 second penalty. Darn ... I could have won that race, in theory. He won by 7 seconds only, zi finished 1.5 seconds in front of a much faster 3rd car.

The brake balance #5 trick did not work - the front tyres were just as worn as previously. maybe I'll try the Porsche as I reckon its got a torquey motor and the tyres will wear evenly. Set the spin assistance button to help me with my fuel and tyres fiddling.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having an issue of getting booted out of races before they start?
Once the timer for qualifying is over, the grid appears and shows everyones starting position then bang, boots me back to the GT Sport "Sport" main menu with no explanation.

Restarting the game after every online race prevents it. When it happens once, it will keep happening until you restart the game. It's only been a problem since last August, couple more years and perhaps PD will look into it :banghead:

<sigh> I'm sure others here are sick of answering this, so I will....

This bug has been with the game for many months now. PD hasn't been bothered to fix it in any of the many updates since it started with an update. Restart the game or restart your PS4 and you will get a random number of races out of it before it does it again. 👍

I have 1 year old (next week) Fanatec CSL Elite and back in August I heard an awful loud electrical snap sound from it, needless to say it stopped working. I sent it back to Fanatec for warranty in which they fixed without question or charge but it came back with intermittant self downshifts and upshifts and a flickering LED on the wheel rim whenever I drive. I finally got around to sending it back for these newer issues, I hope it comes back working better this time.
I have one of those wheels and I have not used it - I did not like the finger toggle device. Its programmability though was awesome. I bought the Porsche wheel as well and weirdly, I gained a second a lap. It's a beautiful wheel and bigger - it actually feels real. Shame PD and Fanatic don't allow it to be programable in GTS. If it fails, I have a backup!!

About the controllers - there is a disadvantage that no one has mentioned in using the D4 or other hand controllers - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/ I have it too - I'll have both wrists done this year. Maybe soon. My son tells me its common with gamers. And when you race your flat out with a controller, for the very whole race. only a pits stop give you much release.

Even my wheel tells me I must have a 10 minute break every 30 minutes (or do they say 45 minutes???). Maybe that is why Sony has a time break between each race.

Last edited:
Restarting the game after every online race prevents it. When it happens once, it will keep happening until you restart the game. It's only been a problem since last August, couple more years and perhaps PD will look into it :banghead:
Cheers for the help

<sigh> I'm sure others here are sick of answering this, so I will....

This bug has been with the game for many months now. PD hasn't been bothered to fix it in any of the many updates since it started with an update. Restart the game or restart your PS4 and you will get a random number of races out of it before it does it again. 👍

Sorry, I wasn't aware it was a common issue, first I've had the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe PD gets some kind of payment or royalty from Sony every time one of us logs into the game. Something like $0.0001. You guys just don't understand business.

Last edited:
Almost no one on the Americas server are doing the no stop in race C. I think I've seen 2 or 3 others doing it so far.
I'm not complaining though, my Slophy is racking up wins left, right and center.
How are you running it? I tried racing it and was slow in it (if we are talking about the Megaine.) Even with a no stop I’m not keeping up. I do better with the GTR and a stop. Tried the GTR with fuel saving and did fine on tires, but will place lower than if I stop.

I also know I’m not that good at the game. Just finally did a 2:06.5 something.

I keep coming second and earning no points. OK SR is 99 but the DR either goes up or down by 40 ... the winner is faster until the pits stops and doesn't pit, and from there on, I am normally even or a touch quicker.

I think what is going on is that the winner sits in 2nd place and saves fuel, and goes as fast for the first 5 laps as a car not refuelling, because he sits behind the current leader, who then pits.

I loose touch with the first two or three cars, and push the air all by myself. If I try that - going with the leaders - yeh I might give it a try ... I guess if I have to refuel I might drop a place or two. But then if I did that, I'd probably loose 400 DR. ... i need a race with more A+s;; the S guys - if I beat them, I don't seem to earn points. I think they can race with much lower DR and still retain their "S" status, so beating them doesn't gain me DR. I beat three in one race last night and made little DR.

When does the game punish your DR when you quit? Like if you have entered, I think I lost DR once when I saw all the start grid and the cars descriptions and driver status's, and if I quit there, I'd get the same as a last place? I've seen some drivers drop out at that stage - Spacedust daddy did that yesterday evening I think. Spacedust did you get a DR penalty for dropping out when you saw the grid line up last night?

Cheers MP bltiztoo

Last edited:
I ran a handfull of races in the honda and it helped me to push harder and pick up my pace just by trying to follow the guy in front of me. Back to hot laps, and after a few old fashions and a dozen or so laps i am down to a low 2.15 and can see a mid 2.14 in my near future. I don't even know what it is i am doing better/faster, but i am....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back