"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I gave Spa a whirl with no TCS and I was really surprised the difference it made. I started 7th and finished 5th. My fastest laps were still in the 2:40's a bunch in 2:41-2:42 while in traffic. Removing the safety net really helped clean up my driving. Time wear was improved from the past. I'm going to give the MR cars a whirl once I get back from the store.

Ran fuel map 2 in the AMG BB 1 to the rear with no stop.

I've been having some great, mostly clean races at wonderful rainy Spa this week. My Q time of 2'38"0 in the Audi has consistently given me a decent starting position, which I feel has helped my odds in the races. I've been finishing top 5 for the most part, with quite a few podiums, and finally WIN # 50!!

It's only taken 2,650 races to hit the milestone since buying the game in July 2018. I'm a little prouder of my consistent SR-S rating for over 300 days and counting. Looking at my DR graph, it's not hard to see when tracks like the Nordschliefe, Tokyo East and now Spa come up, as I do well at those places and the spike in my DR is quite noticeable. Realistically, I feel I am a high DR-B / high SR-S driver.

So on to the next 50, let's hope it happens before GT 7 drops! :D
View attachment 884703 View attachment 884704

Good job dude, with enough effort i think you could be a solid A, the tracks you mention are not the easiest to master.. :)

I think I still got a CRB and Blue S. :lol:
Penalty system is completely wrong now in daily C racing from the back i have saw suspicious moves by some racers and they still finished with a blue S lolllll

Sunday mornings....brings out the worst for some reason. I think it was @sturk0167 that said(many moons ago),”clean drivers are at church.” :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 10 cars in Race B, but at least each car was different. However, it had to be the Slophy in 7th, that offed the 6th place TT beginning of lap 1. I started 5th ended 5th behind a WRX that was holding me up. I took a 1 second penalty for, unsighted/misjudged, track limits( cockpit view and on the WRX's bumper all race ).

You're on a controller right? That's really surprising because for me, it's the complete opposite. I haven't even raced the Huracan and I rarely use the Audi. I've probably had 2 or 3 wins with it, whilst I've easily won over a dozen races in the AMG. It's obviously a preference thing.

Yesir. DS4 Jockey. If I weren't an old man, I might invest in a wheel, but I just can't bring myself to it :D

Yesir. DS4 Jockey. If I weren't an old man, I might invest in a wheel, but I just can't bring myself to it :D
Turns out that everyone plays the game differently no matter if they use a controller or not. I thought all controller users had the same struggles with the same cars...:lol: Adding onto your point, I tried the Huracan GT3 last night for Race C and it went better than I expected. I did start quite far back though in 11th and made it up to 8th before a mistake at Radillion, where I literally slid into the wall. The car did have a greater tendency to slide, and I had to work the steering more than usual to counter it. However I discovered that controlling the throttle helped to reduce the sliding, but it's hard when you're used to front-engined cars. But I have a bit more confidence now. I ended up 10th.

While this wasn’t my best driving of the week at Spa, this race was probably the most intense and fun to watch. Starting no-qualy and got a podium finish that came down to the final corner.

This race was one of the very few times I was pushed off this week at Spa, and it was minor. Very clean and respectful racing from most and it’s been great.

Enjoy!

Good evening, all! As we approach the next rotation of the Daily Races, it's time to place your DR buck bets on guessing what the next car will be for certain Daily Races!

We have:
Daily A Race - Specially provided N200 car at Tsukuba (Sports Medium)
AND
Daily C Race - N200 One-make at Laguna Seca (Sports Hard)

I'm guessing that the Roadster Touring Car will be the car for the A race, and that the 86 GT Limited will be the C race's car of choice.

Ended up setting a qualy time early in the week on spa because I didn't quit the lap in time so ended up racing from near the front most of the week and got the qualy time down to a 35.5 and got a few wins which was a nice change. Dr went up by 10-12k which was nice.

Found the rcz was my favourite car and I might have won a few more times if I wasn't trying so many other cars against the 911 horde. I tried the R8 like it seemed everyone was going fast with but couldnt get within a second of my rcz time the 911 I was within a tenth of a second. Probably should have watched some top ten replays to figure out where these aliens are finding another 2 seconds.

The mr cars are so much better especially towards the end of the race, I usually prefer the fr cars handling because most of the mr cars the back end always seems to come loose too easily for me. Especially true with the 'fast' cars. The Huracan, 488 and R8 in particular dont seem to work right.

No more racing.... ever.
EPRJuMrU0AIi7I2

Nah, Race C is the S2000.

EPRVf_zU8AAQTvx.jpeg

Knew I shouldn't have qualified. No more qualy for me.
The Richard Head in 2nd place and it's teammate in 8th, were shoving players off the road.
At the start, I got shoved off(from 4th) as the first Richard squeezed inside of me into T2/3. Then, it squeezed and shoved 3rd, 2nd and 1st. I got past the cars ahead and caught up to 1st.

I'm leading and get rammed by that Richard and fall down to to the back.
Richard Head Jr is shoving players off up ahead. Just unbelievable stuff.

Was hoping someone would have smashed it off the track.

On to Race B and then Race A. Done with putting forth good effort for asshats to behave as they are.

Edit: JEEZ! PET PEEVE #4081! PD PLEASE PLEASE DEFAULT RH TYRES WHEN USING THE SAME CAR FROM A WET RACE TO A DRY RACE!!!!

Just had to exit that Race B, as I still had Wets selected from Spa. Come on maannnnn....

View attachment 885152

Knew I shouldn't have qualified. No more qualy for me.
The Richard Head in 2nd place and it's teammate in 8th, were shoving players off the road.
At the start, I got shoved off(from 4th) as the first Richard squeezed inside of me into T2/3. Then, it squeezed and shoved 3rd, 2nd and 1st. I got past the cars ahead and caught up to 1st.

I'm leading and get rammed by that Richard and fall down to to the back.
Richard Head Jr is shoving players off up ahead. Just unbelievable stuff.

Was hoping someone would have smashed it off the track.

On to Race B and then Race A. Done with putting forth good effort for asshats to behave as they are.

Edit: JEEZ! PET PEEVE #4081! PD PLEASE PLEASE DEFAULT RH TYRES WHEN USING THE SAME CAR FROM A WET RACE TO A DRY RACE!!!!

Just had to exit that Race B, as I still had Wets selected from Spa. Come on maannnnn....

Is Race B not Gr.4?

Intermediates and wets have *always* been an option regardless of what tyre they say is the mandatory. Do a qually lap first to make sure all's good before you enter :P.

Intermediates and wets have *always* been an option regardless of what tyre they say is the mandatory. Do a qually lap first to make sure all's good before you enter :P.
I was typing up my post, while waiting in Race Entry and during warm up. Just as the race is about to start, I just glanced to bottom left and saw the "W". It's just a thing that shouldn't happen. Grooved race tyres should be greyed out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back