"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did my first race of the week, race B in the NSX.

Quali slowwwwww, I can't be bothered hotlapping this week it seems. 1:14.19. Grid full of FT1s and Peugeots but a fairly mixed grid at the back with me, I started P14 with just a German FT1 behind me.

Oh the chaos :lol:, I knew I was just gonna play it safe this race, was only there to test the WiFi and get some miles in. People all over the place lap 1, I get up to 11th, in the chaos the German FT-1 (his quali is a 1:15, verrry sloww) has got ahead of me, through turn 2 I follow close but try not to crowd him, set myself up for a good exit and go for the inside at turn 3...

This dude braked so hard, went so deep, and turned in almost completely back on himself, jutting the front left of his car directly into my path at the apex. I speared him like it was 90s wrestling - I had been alongside in the braking zone and was definitely entitled to the apex. Poor guy... I didn't even get a penalty, which I see as fair as he clearly did not have any clue of his surroundings.

Rest of the race, spinning Peugeots. I got to have a bit of a duel with a Brit Pug VGT for the last 2, but he was quicker and I didn't fancy ruining his race with a miscalculation so even though I was right on his bumper in lap 5 I didn't try to force anything.

P14-P8, even though I'm slow as all hell with fastest lap in that race being a 1:15. People really need to learn to keep it on the track :lol:

If you keep driving in a strait line, you'll eventually find a track again 👍.

And right across that strip of asphalt & back into the land of sand.

I also forgot about the damn update. Who schedules an update during Big Willow week? :mad: I woke up to race & instead, I've got to watch the morning news. :grumpy: I was 5 minutes away from one race & at the rate the copying is going, I'll actually miss the next race 20 minutes later.

giphy.gif

Ahh Suzuka. Driven it so many times, my DR always goes up when this is on the dailys, and then usually drops back down when I race any other track.

Some good racing last night. Somehow managed to avoid the opening lap carnage in most of the races. It's a 13 lap race - why are so many people throwing it up the inside in the first half lap?

Not quite sure of the best tyre strategy, but the fact that people try different strategies means that some of the races have been fun - with me closing down people or them closing me down at various points.

Highlight of the night was a overtaking a guy that I had a race long fight with round the outside of 130r on the final lap. He was struggling with his tyres. I managed to give him just enough room and the pas was clean, but I put two wheels on the AstroTurf, and he squeezed past me into the final chicane and beat me to the line by a couple of tenths. All clean. Great fun.

Update is 416mb. Hope they fix penalty, just a little;)

I think more than a little is required, lol. There's changes in the recent update although whether this fixes SM lobbies remains to be seen. Sounds like a fix for only regular lobbies:

3. Penalty
 - Corrected an error where a collision penalty was being issued even when the “Side Contact Penalty” of the lobby penalty settings was disabled.
 - Adjusted the threshold values for penalties given when someone is pushed out.

E: On second thought, I'm sure this is referencing SM lobbies since it mentions side contact penalties disabled. Hopefully this does address penalties given for any perceived speed advantage.

Last edited:
Wow Monza is finally back, good place to try out any penalty tweaks :lol:

No clue what I just accepted, annoying blank screen popped up with less than a minute left to enter a sport race. When it finally filled in I immediately clicked accept and entered the race with 10 sec to spare. Here we go...

I didn't notice any differences, lot of contact, no penalties. I quit in lap 4 though, my kids were screaming at each other. Try again later.

Last edited:
Ahh Suzuka. Driven it so many times, my DR always goes up when this is on the dailys, and then usually drops back down when I race any other track.

Some good racing last night. Somehow managed to avoid the opening lap carnage in most of the races. It's a 13 lap race - why are so many people throwing it up the inside in the first half lap?

Not quite sure of the best tyre strategy, but the fact that people try different strategies means that some of the races have been fun - with me closing down people or them closing me down at various points.

Highlight of the night was a overtaking a guy that I had a race long fight with round the outside of 130r on the final lap. He was struggling with his tyres. I managed to give him just enough room and the pas was clean, but I put two wheels on the AstroTurf, and he squeezed past me into the final chicane and beat me to the line by a couple of tenths. All clean. Great fun.
My DR is steadily climbing too, getting dangerously close to an A rating! I went to A at Goodwood, and then plunged down to mid-B at Brands Hatch. My normal rating is mid to high B.

The strange thing is that the first race I entered on Monday, with the mid-B rating, had a few A and A+ drivers in it, but as my rating has gone up each day every race since then has consisted of B ratings only!

I think it's best to be flexible with tyre strategy here, depending on what's going on around you - there's not a huge time penalty for stopping for tyres, so if you've a good gap behind you a quick stop for new tyres can make for a safer race!

I usually stop twice, but have managed on a one stop once. One driver in a race last night stopped four times, but maybe he had spun somewhere and wrecked his tyres.

I can't work out which is the best GTR to use though - the older one seems to have better turn in, but wears the tyres more quickly. The newer version seems to be faster over one lap, but not so fast over the whole race, even with the better tyre wear......

Nice selection next week. South Outer (with the Nissan 180SX, maybe) not used in a while and long forgotten Monza. BH again but Gr.3 and a strategic race given there's multiple compounds available. That's very different from the usual Gr.4 B race. I assume PD wanted the track to appear again with the new DBR9 in mind since the track and car was also used at the WT.

Keep it up, PD. I knew it could be done.

Welp, I think craptastic pretty much sums up the last two days. Last night I did Big Willow, got knocked off the track twice and finished P13. Dropped me back to DR/C. Tonight with the pressure to stay in DR/B off, I gave Race C a try. I put in what i thought was a pretty good time to find myself starting P10/20 on a mostly DR/B grid.

Started off ok, but dropped in the middle of the chicane. The guy behind me had a harder time, so I had 1.5s behind me to get through P1/2. I managed 3 laps then was hit and dropped 3 positions trying to stay on the track, I was then hit again and fell back further. I started on hards and got 11 laps out of them.. the last couple were very iffy. Changed to mediums and gained a position over when I pitted, finishing P13.

Next time, if there is a next time, I'll not worry about fuel (in the past Gr2 have sucked fuel at a massive rate), I still had 8 laps left when I pitted! I'll also probably pit lap 9 for the change to mediums. SR blue, DR down about 150... I need another 2k to get back to B...I don't see it happening unless Monza treats me well. Deported from DR/B... The DR/C journey continues.....

Oh the track itself is great, it’s the other drivers who ruin it by launching off every corner like it’s Cape Canaveral :lol:

I was in 3rd place on the first lap last night, and we came up on the uphill, right hand turn and just before that turn, this Corvette just plowed thru 5 cars from behind, me included. We all got penalties, he didn't. That mother:censored: actually won the damn race!! I was livid. Not that I didn't win, but because HE did. Undeserved, IMO.

Next weeks Races:
A: Tokyo South Outer N200
B: Monza GT4
C: Brands Hatch GT3

Monza, so good to see you back my old friend. Those races look fantastic. GR3 Brands for Race C is going to be fun.

As often as Brands Hatch has been used lately, I'm convinced someone at PD was tricked into thinking it was located in Japan. :lol:

I wonder, does PD have something where they look at participation at certain tracks and just keep recycling the ones that get used the most? It would certainly explain why St. Croix is NEVER used.

Next weeks Races:

And I thought Gr. 3 at Willow was awkward. Can I just BoP a Raptor to Gr. 3 levels?

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that the new Aston is going to be pretty meta at Brands Hatch next week?

Not according to what the early testers are saying about the car.

Welp, I think craptastic pretty much sums up the last two days. Last night I did Big Willow, got knocked off the track twice and finished P13. Dropped me back to DR/C.

I've found that qualifying helps out tremendously. Did you see the videos I posted on Monday? Two out of three had me starting on pole. It seems like drivers in the back get desperate & make lunges for position. Unless you're @Pigems or @Sven Jurgens. :lol:

Next weeks Races:

Wow Monza is finally back, good place to try out any penalty tweaks :lol:

No clue what I just accepted, annoying blank screen popped up with less than a minute left to enter a sport race. When it finally filled in I immediately clicked accept and entered the race with 10 sec to spare. Here we go...

I didn't notice any differences, lot of contact, no penalties. I quit in lap 4 though, my kids were screaming at each other. Try again later.

I just posted in the FIA thread, next week Race B, will be the best time to test all GR.4 BOP adjusted cars. I think the OyVeyron is back. Will also be interesting if the Supra can hang with the British Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back