"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran race A on my alt. Victory, Pole and FL :D.
How is it possible to win with a 21.3 second gap to P2 in a three lap race??? :crazy: My Q time was only 1.6s faster than 2nd Q, that shouldn't translate to more than 10 - 12 seconds even allowing for traffic.

T1 was mayhem, I think I got punted from P1 back to about P7 / 8. Fortunately T2, 3, 4 and 5 were nearly as messed up and I had P1 by several seconds about half way round the first lap.
Red S courtesy of all the sliding, spinning and bumping cars between T1 and T2 first lap :(. Oh well, one takes a chance and lives with the outcome, should be fairly easy to get back even in Race B.

Also did a race B before the race A, P5 > P3, blue S and nice and clean (up front anyway).

The Peugeot HDi 10 takes the race win from 4th on the grid. Think I've hit my peak for the week too early :lol:
P1-3 made mistakes that I was able to capitalise on. Led the race from the approach to Porsche, pitted end of lap 3 for fuel only and I didn't mess up while leading for a change, won by 18 seconds. :gtpflag:

I'll leave it you guys to be the judge as to whether I instigated this at 0:55 trying to capitalize off his mistake the corner before, but my opponent clearly felt late moves off the driving line were acceptable...until he met his demise at 3:14. I lol'ed when I checked my rearview and he was gone.

No problem,we are just making fun. We all make mistake. That being said I love the 928, it was the first Porsche I ever drove.

Edit: at the moment I am trying the non hybrids to make sure I pick the right one.
I am at 3:29:8 with the 787 now, but haven't driven the 962 yet. Once I find the fastest I still have to take the others out for a spin again,to make sure it's the car that's faster not me getting more used to it.
Still, the Jag is the best drive so far,love the road feel
my quali time last time we had this combo was 3:22:787 in the 787. Always raced the 962! most times stomped the hybirds one race in fact a couple of people could not believe i was 1 stopping it. I think the key is dnt fight for postions and just race the track not each other

Christ, dry your eyes.

I genuinely would love to see a 928 at 240.
Oh, so would I. But it's almost 70 over factory top speed. And even though 928's have participated in both Le Mans 24h and Nürburgring 24h with good results I doubt we would see speeds like that. But I would love for GTS to bring the Max Moritz 'Semi Works' 928 GTR in to game. Likely? Nope...

Edit @jad866 that's a great time! Puts you in the top 100 in a non hybrid.

I'll leave it you guys to be the judge as to whether I instigated this at 0:55 trying to capitalize off his mistake the corner before, but my opponent clearly felt late moves off the driving line were acceptable...until he met his demise at 3:14. I lol'ed when I checked my rearview and he was gone.

I got punted off there the same way in the lead on the first lap back to last nearly. Its not an simple place to pull off a clean overtake so I think you where in the wrong like the guy that did it to me.

Funnily enough same thing with the same guy happend the next race but I saw it coming this time and was able to dodge him so he spun out and rage quit. I won that race.

Edit - what he was doing was no worse than what you did.

Last edited:
Oh, so would I. But it's almost 70 over factory top speed. And even though 928's have participated in both Le Mans 24h and Nürburgring 24h with good results I doubt we would see speeds like that. But I would love for GTS to bring the Max Moritz 'Semi Works' 928 GTR in to game. Likely? Nope...

I love them. They look amazing even now, 40 years on. A late GTS must be a great thing to have.

They did race at LM.

Cool as ****.

Edit - what he was doing was no worse than what you did.
Noted. Although I wasn't so much as trying to pass at that point as to avoid getting slowed down by his dirty tires. He looked out of control and I wanted no part of it.

It's not a place I would attempt to pass regularly. In fact I typically only pass when others make egregious mistakes or I can slow-in-fast-out setup for a draft pass down a straight. The cars are equal enough in these short races that until you see an obvious mistake, no turn is a passing opportunity.

I've only two Group 1 cars - Alpine VGT and Porsche 919. Not willing to dump a lot of hard earned credits for a daily race so I'm forcing myself to use the two I've got. 919 is quicker for a hot lap but the Alpine's top end is overwhelming in a race.

Such a shame that these combos are on rotation and don't get tweaked. The seven lap FIA race at Le Mans a while back - where fuel wasn't critical - was excellent with a genuine choice of cars that could be competitive as well as the no stop and one stop both being viable options. When it switches to this five laps with x5 fuel the only car worth using (if you really want to be at the front) is the TS050.

They had that FIA race set up perfectly by taking the fuel out of the equation. As much as I love Le Mans and the Audi R18 there's only one car I'm going to use to race there - and it's the Toyota (might use the C9 from the back on alt account though)

Such a shame that these combos are on rotation and don't get tweaked. The seven lap FIA race at Le Mans a while back - where fuel wasn't critical - was excellent with a genuine choice of cars that could be competitive as well as the no stop and one stop both being viable options. When it switches to this five laps with x5 fuel the only car worth using (if you really want to be at the front) is the TS050.

They had that FIA race set up perfectly by taking the fuel out of the equation. As much as I love Le Mans and the Audi R18 there's only one car I'm going to use to race there - and it's the Toyota (might use the C9 from the back on alt account though)
if you start up front with 962 you can beat the TS50. somebody who is super fast in the 50 maybe not , BUt it can be done and to me thats is where the fun and challenge is not just tooling around on auto pilot

yea i think last time i was around 65th or something like that of course i could never duplicate the time on my other accts. Had a lot of fun that week hopefully I will be able to duplicate it we shall see

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, every time I remember that PD have run wet daily races with road cars it's been sport tyres with no wets.

But you're not A/S :sly: :P
Nope. Not A/S, but starting p5 as one of only 3 B/S drivers with 10 non-qualified A and up drivers behind in a field of 16 makes it a bit ludicrous. I was ok and holding p5 until mid lap 3 and the arnage incident. Then I got caught by the freight train. Was losing just enough time on the back end to make keeping my overtakes on the straight a tough prospect. Still more fun than last week for me though. I can keep pace with the field for the most part now and not just getting dropped straight away.

even though i have to pit with the 908 i like to blast pass a group of 3-4 toyotas fighting eachother , you still can have good results since the pit stop fuel only is around 5 sec

I love them. They look amazing even now, 40 years on. A late GTS must be a great thing to have.

They did race at LM.

Cool as ****.
I have driven both a GT and a GTS. The first had an automatic, it did kickdown at 230/kmh. The GTS was stick and that was much more suitable in my opinion.
The interior was amazing back then!!

Edit: here is one that might be that fast. Former Pikes Peak car:https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a29860738/supercharged-porsche-928-race-car-1113-hp-video/

Last edited:
if you start up front with 962 you can beat the TS50. somebody who is super fast in the 50 maybe not , BUt it can be done and to me thats is where the fun and challenge is not just tooling around on auto pilot

Not if you're racing against people your own level you won't. If you're against players who are slower than you you can make it work but if I was to go into a race on my main account and pick that car, the only Toyotas I'm beating are ones that crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back