"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the fuel consumption rates been altered since this test was made?
Because the best I can get out of the Peugeot 908 is 3.6 laps (going flat out on FM1 and Manual gears)

Edit: with the Toyota TS050, I run out fuel a couple of meters before the finish line on lap 5... I think I can short shift for a bit to mitigate it...
Maybe I'm just really bad at saving fuel..

Edit 2: does traction control increase fuel consumption?
I am not sure if things have been altered as I haven't done any testing but I know you did have to shift as you hit the rev limiter last time in the TS050 or you did run the risk of running out. Just banging the hell out of the limiter for ages really put you at risk.of running out. I know some people were finishing in your situation last time as well. Don't know that TCS uses extra gas, but I know that if you are flooring it and the TCS is cutting in lots that you are just burning gas for no speed or traction.

Have the fuel consumption rates been altered since this test was made?
Because the best I can get out of the Peugeot 908 is 3.6 laps (going flat out on FM1 and Manual gears)

Edit: with the Toyota TS050, I run out fuel a couple of meters before the finish line on lap 5... I think I can short shift for a bit to mitigate it...
Maybe I'm just really bad at saving fuel..

Edit 2: does traction control increase fuel consumption?

Sven got those numbers from using an automatic transmission.
Traction control probably would help fuel economy, slightly, I think. Spinning the tires is, of course a waste of fuel.

I wonder if my problems with GTS go beyond GTS, and are more so with skilled match-making as a general online mechanic? I think my largest issue is that I don't feel like I'm seeing progress, and I think that's typical for games that use skilled match-making. I'm not asking to get matched with completely unskilled players for easy wins, but as it stands, I don't feel like improving pays dividends.
Sebastian Vettel has the third most wins in Formula One history. He's never won a race from further back than third qualifying position, and those are 2 hour marathon Gran Prixes, not 5 lap daily races. If you need to finish P1 you need to get your qualifying into a better place.

I wonder if my problems with GTS go beyond GTS, and are more so with skilled match-making as a general online mechanic? I think my largest issue is that I don't feel like I'm seeing progress, and I think that's typical for games that use skilled match-making. I'm not asking to get matched with completely unskilled players for easy wins, but as it stands, I don't feel like improving pays dividends.
I think you're not seeing progress because you're looking at the wrong information. Keep a record of your lap times at various circuits in various cars. Draw a line through it every time there's a game update with any physics changes or BoP changes. Keep an eye on your stats at https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/ paying attention to your personal performances (again, keep a record) rather than your comparison to the community.

Remember that this game is in it's later life stages. That means lots of established players practising regularly and few new players. It's likely that you're improving - but so is the rest of the racing community, so your relative standing is not changing much. To see your progress you'll need to keep an ongoing record of your personal stats.

Relative stading is further skewed by available practice times. If you're 20 something, living in your mum's basement with nothing to do but drive 10 - 14 hours a day, you'll likely improve relatively quickly (months rather than years). If you're mid-forties, holding down full time work, have a social life and a family, you may only be able to race / practice five hours a week. The first guy is driving 10 - 15 times as much as the second, his younger muscles/nerves train quicker and his performance improvement will reflect the different circumstances.

Except for the very top semi-professional / professional e-Sport drivers who not only are able to, but are obliged to practice most of every day and do it with a coach at hand, relative standings are meaningless because it's not a level playing field. To see your own progress you need to monitor your personal performances (lap times, NOT finish positions) and you need to do it in combination with a record of game updates that may affect vehicle handling and performance.

Last edited:
Any guesses for which N200 on race A? I am open to things as long as it isn't the 86 for the draft bonanza there. Excited to head back out for Gr. C again.

@Ares85 sounds like a DR reset. If you dropped too far in SR you lose your DR rank.

Any guesses for which N200 on race A? I am open to things as long as it isn't the 86 for the draft bonanza there. Excited to head back out for Gr. C again.

@Ares85 sounds like a DR reset. If you dropped too far in SR you lose your DR rank.

Mazda Roadster or toyota sr-f racing concept i think.

I understand but it was a ******g disaster and surprise for me.

86/BRZ, but there's a twist to this:

The track is wet.
Sounds tasty. :cool:👍
Did really well there in the wet previously. That straight could be forever in those cars though. Between that and race C it could be a good fun week:scared:

Just thought that after all the 86 races the past couple of months I am going to have to run the BRZ on principle for a while.

Last edited:
:lol:

86/BRZ Cup.

Edit. Me trying not to race at DTS & La Sarthe

unnamed (3).gif

Last edited:
Not sure, its 5x fuel and 11x tires. Anyone remember the settings last time? Or know a decent strategy I tried one race in the R18 and was miles off pace.
In the next race I checked and most cars pitted, I tried the no stopping TS050 and came 11th.

Last edited:
Race C is the same as last time. And I screwed up my first time out. Had a good start, clean 2 laps and after the leader wrecked trying to out brake me I had over a 6 second lead. Then I got a penalty locking up the brakes and cutting the final chicane by a hair. And somehow locked em up at mulsanne leading to a wreck. Ended up wrecking final chicane at finish to cap it off. But it shows I can do well again, just got to find my rhythm.

Last edited:
Sounds tasty. :cool:👍
Did really well there in the wet previously. That straight could be forever in those cars though. Between that and race C it could be a good fun week:scared:

Just thought that after all the 86 races the past couple of months I am going to have to run the BRZ on principle for a while.

For some reason they arent letting us use wet tyres.

Are the new daily races out already???
They are indeed sir

There was a Nations Cup race here recently, and the Pug VGT was the go-to, so I'll say yes.
The Supra is still a good choice, though.

Cheers I just did 5laps in each, Supra 1:39.2, Pug 1:38.9

Got loads of time to find coming out of the hairpin in Sector 2 and going through the death chicane

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebastian Vettel has the third most wins in Formula One history. He's never won a race from further back than third qualifying position, and those are 2 hour marathon Gran Prixes, not 5 lap daily races. If you need to finish P1 you need to get your qualifying into a better place.
Maybe but starting on pole and finishe with 30sec lead is boring af . Last week starting from the back i got couples win and never finished worst than top 5 in daily C and most of the time i got clean race bonus
Vettel win with a dominant car and got beaten by ricardo last year at RBR and totally dominated by Leclaire who is a rookie compere to vettel .

Can someone check what they set off track/wet grip to? Usually for Race A, it's set to Low, but not Real.

If it's on low, Sports Hard tires shouldn't be much of an issue.
Yeah I had a go and just aquaplaned off the hairpin.

Wet tyres are treaded race tyres. Sports tyres are already treaded.

Arent they minimal grooves though to make them road legal? normal road tyres probably grip better in the wet.

Wet tyres are treaded race tyres. Sports tyres are already treaded.
What he said.
Had a go running laps for qualifying to check it out. No nastier than when it was Gr 3 in the rain. Cars handle fine. Huge premium on subtle and smooth with very fine inputs. And the last corner is an odd one to find the grip. Think I am getting it a bit. Got a 2:48.9 for now but optimal was 47.0. Stringing together the full lap going to be the hard part.

As for race C. C'mon all you A/S people in Asia not qualifying. All 3 races over half the field didn't set a lap! 2 ok races with a couple mistakes, 1 solid race, but got a collision penalty for a hybrid blasting up my rear exiting arnage and another for giving the guy space on the inside at Same turn next race when he just rammed me off. Penalty again, no sportsmanship. Again, if you are ruthless set a QT. Don't come ripping through the field like that. :irked:
Plenty of good racers out there though, fun with the leapfrogging using Group C. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back