"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Study up and you will KNOW right from wrong.
Huge issue I see is simply confusion by drivers. They don’t know right from wrong.
If you are not sure if what you’re doing is right then don’t do it.
Lotta confusion in video games definitely.
Pretty simple, really. Behave as if you're in a real car on a real track, and you paid for your car. Now, would you pull that move if it was your car, and your life on the line?

I'm at Monza in the Mustang,doing some chill races using Sturk0167 strategy (on alt acct.)Started 11th by lap 4 I was in 3rd on lap 6 I’m in 1st (It’s easy to pass when they are all in the gravel)Pitted in lap 7 but forgot to put on R/H tires Pitted again on lap 9 , put on correct tires and finished 2nd By 7 seconds .NO PENALTY. Great strategy , Idiot driver

Last edited:
What if their rich daddy Polyphony Digital bought gifted them a brand new Beemer for their sweet 16 and they don't know the value of a dollar credits?

This, more or less and fixed a little.

I don't disagree and I understand the sentiment/behavior of racing a car as if it were your own personal possession (I think you absolutely should embrace this mentality) but I can kind of see it's a little difficult to many when... 1. It's a game 2. 95% of my cars were gifted 3. No damage simulated in daily races.

Interesting day around the Nordschliefe, got 1 race win but it was other people falling off track, a lot.
Have had some really good 4-5 way car battles, close as a gnats bum cheek when a mosquito turns up, then I miss the gnats bum & have to back off :lol:

Had someone say I needed to learn the Nordschliefe more, maybe put in some practice there rather than just jump in and race !
Aye, right, 🤬 Learn to race rather hot lap & look more than one car ahead :cheers:

It is just a game, and I'm as guilty as most in getting in to hot sometimes, but I am very carefull on the first lap. Most of my biggest screwups happen when I can't see and miss a brake marker. One of the downsides of bumper cam.
One thing I don't get, on the penalty front is, with all the data from the game, it should be obvious when a player makes a flagerant move to crash someone, like being bumped off track when side by side. Why can't the guy who made a violent input towards another car get the penalty? I don't get it.

Had a full DR reset last night. Lost about 20k DR but gained half back so far. I'll say that a reset kinda reinforces honing in on better driving skills. Cant say that I'm upset... quality learning experience. And notched a couple of wins from it.

20200416_170407.jpg
20200416_170438.jpg

7070748178641879552_0.jpg

7071315526505498120_0.jpg

8079554493357752832_0.jpg

Last edited:
Been bored all day so I've been going through replays and making highlight vids of each week lol. I'd jump on and race but fam are using the living room. Gonna have a crazy video for this weeks B at the Ring.

First one from last weeks A racing on Alt from back. Lot of avoiding carnage.

It is just a game, and I'm as guilty as most in getting in to hot sometimes, but I am very carefull on the first lap. Most of my biggest screwups happen when I can't see and miss a brake marker. One of the downsides of bumper cam.
One thing I don't get, on the penalty front is, with all the data from the game, it should be obvious when a player makes a flagerant move to crash someone, like being bumped off track when side by side. Why can't the guy who made a violent input towards another car get the penalty? I don't get it.

They need to do better agreed. If it’s not then ACC coming to console might be tempting.
Sturks posted multiple videos of people sideswiping on a straight lol.
Update will be here soon...

I'm still convinced you're color blind :D :cheers:
LOL! Comes from ski culture where I was part of the skittles mafia... all would wear as bright of clothes as possible for photo shoots. And yes, we would call each other and make sure not to wear the same color choice as someone else. :lol:

BTW - nice work in yesterday's FIA. Was spectating your practice lobby beforehand.

Just finished another for last weeks C. 962 mixing it up with the LMP1's. I went with the Pink Pig livery, had a couple battles with a R92 and 962 that were great fun. Turismo_Lester in the R92 making me work hard for it.

It was a quick vid to pull together from 10-15 races. Most of the passes were done on the straight, which is borinnnngggg to watch. So I kept it to the tighter stuff.

They need to do better agreed. If it’s not then ACC coming to console might be tempting.
Sturks posted multiple videos of people sideswiping on a straight lol.
Update will be here soon...

I'm guilty of a couple side swipes today. My patience isn't endless and after a car comes plowing through from behind, giving me SR Down or a penalty, and I later end up overtaking them with a corner coming up, yeah not going to risk getting rammed off again, I'll earn that penalty.

One SR Down takes another contact free race to over come. Two of them takes 3 contact free races to restore. I don't mind it being hard to gain SR, but -10 for getting hit from behind or punted off is ridiculous. And those side swipes, you don't get penalties for that :banghead: I was almost back to SR.A today but it didn't last. Be patient at the start, get hit from behind, get SR Down. Get punted off at Aremberg, get a penalty.

I wish PD would change the matchmaking based on experience with the track. Since I'm stuck between SR.B and SR.C this week I get to race a lot of DR.E drivers. Some are clearly alts yet some are also just starting (on the most difficult track in the game) and it's a guessing game where they will or will not brake. As of today I have completed 1348 races on the Nordschleife, why match me with drivers that are on their first couple races there :confused:

Another observation, SR.B has the most non qualifiers (only 5 in one race today). SR.C most people in the races have qualified and are much better drivers. The system is so backwards. It's fun though down in the lower ranks. Nobody bothers cursing at each other after the race and I often end up racing through the pack with the pole sitter who got rammed off to the back at the start :lol: Plus you have all the opportunities to learn to anticipate and perfectly time your movements to overtake anywhere on the track right when that gap opens. Contact free right in between two battling cars, shoot through the inside with a perfect slow in fast out when the car ahead goes slightly wide, or race along the outside when they over correct a bit too much. Car ahead goes left, you go right etc. It's such a fun game.

I'm guilty of a couple side swipes today. My patience isn't endless and after a car comes plowing through from behind, giving me SR Down or a penalty, and I later end up overtaking them with a corner coming up, yeah not going to risk getting rammed off again, I'll earn that penalty.

One SR Down takes another contact free race to over come. Two of them takes 3 contact free races to restore. I don't mind it being hard to gain SR, but -10 for getting hit from behind or punted off is ridiculous. And those side swipes, you don't get penalties for that :banghead: I was almost back to SR.A today but it didn't last. Be patient at the start, get hit from behind, get SR Down. Get punted off at Aremberg, get a penalty.

I wish PD would change the matchmaking based on experience with the track. Since I'm stuck between SR.B and SR.C this week I get to race a lot of DR.E drivers. Some are clearly alts yet some are also just starting (on the most difficult track in the game) and it's a guessing game where they will or will not brake. As of today I have completed 1348 races on the Nordschleife, why match me with drivers that are on their first couple races there :confused:

Another observation, SR.B has the most non qualifiers (only 5 in one race today). SR.C most people in the races have qualified and are much better drivers. The system is so backwards. It's fun though down in the lower ranks. Nobody bothers cursing at each other after the race and I often end up racing through the pack with the pole sitter who got rammed off to the back at the start :lol: Plus you have all the opportunities to learn to anticipate and perfectly time your movements to overtake anywhere on the track right when that gap opens. Contact free right in between two battling cars, shoot through the inside with a perfect slow in fast out when the car ahead goes slightly wide, or race along the outside when they over correct a bit too much. Car ahead goes left, you go right etc. It's such a fun game.
While I have only had 1 adventure at the nord this week I have had similar issues at Monza and ended up dishing out my own justice as well. 1 driver punted me through the first chicane on lap 3, so I figure it is a mistake anyway. Catch up, get sideswiped passing by after Ascari and run completely off track. I kept foot in it and get back, but fall behind. Stay with them and catch them through the next couple of laps and pit cycle. Coming to lap 8 they screw up safari and I get a run again, take the other side of the straight and get pushed off again. Nope. That is it. Kept it floored and got back on behind them and punted them so hard at parabolica they dropped from p3 (what we were racing for) to p10 after race.

Amazingly had 2 clean races with them after that. Still think it is stupid that they will back off if you play it dirty back to them but otherwise think that 🤬 is ok?

Might try a couple laps of the Nord as qualifying tonight, but not going anywhere near a race. Memories of Monday night still a bit fresh:ill:

Did b race.
Bombed twice in braking zone. Sr to 94 since they hit me.
Meh, maybe again later when these guys in now get bored.
Started finished fifth, but that was after recovering from having 2 key exits compromised by dives.
I’ve never thought this track was good for racing, but the car is stupid fun. I’m learning as I go..

Not sure I will risk another entry with the try hards...

Qyn had a great race coming from last with sixth I think...Great run man!

Ok, this is enough. I cried like a baby after getting roughed up a bit. but I stuck with it...

Kept entering and ended up having a fantastic time on b race!
Great wheel to wheel fun! Clean and fair!
The bad egg got demoted or quit, and the group was really really fair.
I really hold you guys in high regard who can work through a pack there...It’s impressive. I just wanna keep my nose clean at this point, and run mistake free...Can’t really imagine overtaking outside of someone’s bad mistake...Managed 3 crb in a row to end the evening...It was a good evening.
That combo is unbelievably good, I wish it was 2 laps definitely...
The car...WOW...There’s so much you can do with that car, handling is incredible...
You have a good point about diff tracks and rating Sven, absolutely. Tokyo I am a D...Interlagos high A almost A plus...
Track changes everything...
@Deadpool, thanks for making your highlight reels, those are great! Excellent skills man, just incredible balancing those cars on the edge!
Keep em comin please :).

Last edited:
Same here, I'll give race A a bit of time but N200 :/ Gr.1 was fun at that track. Fuji loathe it, and Tokyo central loop is nothing but a boring wall bounce merry go round. It's never been used for race C before so at least that's new.
What'll be interesting, is how many people get bumped into pit lane on the last lap for position.:lol:
I posted a clip some time ago, of me and another car coming into contact(it was a pure innocent accident), but it knocked the other car into the auto drive. So sad. :lol: Not funny, but watching the car take the "elevator" to the Macy*s basement, was messed up.:lol:
Oh yeah. Fuji in Gr. 3 for a slight change of pace. But still a smashfest at turn 1.
At least it'll be a smashfest in slow motion. Not at GR.2 hyperspeed.

If T_Grim_Reaper_T is here I have an apology for you. I really didn't mean to send you off in the Askari chikane.
You did a really good job of defending by overslowing on the apex so I couldn't pass on exit.
I saw you brake maybe 10 meters before my brake marker every time and was a bit frustrated by not being able to pass.
But I really didn't mean to push you off.
I was too close to you and when you moved your brake mark even earlier I missed it.
I had to get out of the way of the others but I waited for you on the last lap.
Once again, I am sorry.

Last edited:
Ok, this is enough. I cried like a baby after getting roughed up a bit. but I stuck with it...

Kept entering and ended up having a fantastic time on b race!
Great wheel to wheel fun! Clean and fair!
The bad egg got demoted or quit, and the group was really really fair.
I really hold you guys in high regard who can work through a pack there...It’s impressive. I just wanna keep my nose clean at this point, and run mistake free...Can’t really imagine overtaking outside of someone’s bad mistake...Managed 3 crb in a row to end the evening...It was a good evening.
That combo is unbelievably good, I wish it was 2 laps definitely...
The car...WOW...There’s so much you can do with that car, handling is incredible...
You have a good point about diff tracks and rating Sven, absolutely. Tokyo I am a D...Interlagos high A almost A plus...
Track changes everything...
@Deadpool, thanks for making your highlight reels, those are great! Excellent skills man, just incredible balancing those cars on the edge!
Keep em comin please :).

Finished on a good lobby again last night.
Enjoying the Mustang enough to try quali with no TC.
My best lap so far 1:49.4.

Into the race and enjoying the battle with a couple of GT-Rs right up to the last few laps.
We catch and pass an AMG only for him to then rear end me.
I line up a pass again and he side swipes me.
Then, with two laps to go, he dives into the pits.
I mean WTF.
My highest scoring race so far. Hopefully into the Bs this week.

Shoutout to the guy in the Corvette who I finished behind.
2 randoms in a sea of GT-Rs.

Last edited:
My best time is 1:49:414 in the Stang with tcs-2, that has been a great help in race, I might be easy to hit but hard to budge.

I turned it off for quali but turned it back to TC2 for the race as soon as I got punted on the warm up lap.
Needed it for that 1st lap roulette and then turned it back off when I got into some clean air.
Set my fastest lap on the Hards.

I've been struggling to improve my qualy lap time in race B. Got a 7:46 on my 3rd try, but since then I cant put together a clean lap to save my life. I know a 7:40 is possible, but this car is pretty hard to drive on the limit and I always seem to make a mistake or two somewhere. Slow in & fast out seems to be the way to go, instead of a Gr 4 car which you can throw into the corners much more aggressively.

Finally gave up trying to improve my qualy time and had a couple of races. One last night - I was 2nd on the grid and basically followed the leader for the whole lap. I got a run on the leader coming up to the carousel, accidentally bumped him - not enough to force him off track. I backed off (I could have passed at that point, but it would not have been the right thing to do) and I followed him closely for most the rest of the lap. Minor mess up later in the lap, and lost the chance to slipstream down the long straight, and I finished 1.5 seconds behind him. The winner got all aggressive with me in the chat after the race because of the one mistake. I touched him once all lap - if I wanted to ram him of the road I could have done so 10 times. Kind of wish I did now!

Next race was very early this morning. I am DR B, but got paired with a load of DR. A . Kept it clean and moved up from 7th to 4th simply due to others falling off. DR score increasing slowly.

I've been struggling to improve my qualy lap time in race B. Got a 7:46 on my 3rd try, but since then I cant put together a clean lap to save my life. I know a 7:40 is possible, but this car is pretty hard to drive on the limit and I always seem to make a mistake or two somewhere. Slow in & fast out seems to be the way to go, instead of a Gr 4 car which you can throw into the corners much more aggressively.

Finally gave up trying to improve my qualy time and had a couple of races. One last night - I was 2nd on the grid and basically followed the leader for the whole lap. I got a run on the leader coming up to the carousel, accidentally bumped him - not enough to force him off track. I backed off (I could have passed at that point, but it would not have been the right thing to do) and I followed him closely for most the rest of the lap. Minor mess up later in the lap, and lost the chance to slipstream down the long straight, and I finished 1.5 seconds behind him. The winner got all aggressive with me in the chat after the race because of the one mistake. I touched him once all lap - if I wanted to ram him of the road I could have done so 10 times. Kind of wish I did now!

Next race was very early this morning. I am DR B, but got paired with a load of DR. A . Kept it clean and moved up from 7th to 4th simply due to others falling off. DR score increasing slowly.

Had my first ever reset last week, and went from 15k to 27k in 2 days. Problem are those last 3k, much much harder to gain. After 4 races yesterday my balance of Dr gain/loss was exactly 0, still at 28.5k

Would love to see them implement a pit lane exit penalty.

At Monza, I've seen countless people just drive straight out the pit and over the pit exit line.
Crawl right onto the racing line at a far less speed than I'm going. Got so badly compromised on several occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back