"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually downloading was so slow, when I wanted to exchange a lot of stuff with someone else running a particular BBS, I took a few hours train and bus ride to his house, we copied all the files back and forth and I was back home long before current tech could send a 10th of the data, and much cheaper as well.
I have also used sneakermail. Faster and cheaper than data transfer at anything less than several hundred kilometres seperation, though most common within an education campus or company complex.

It is a shame that Alsace is on with N200. It is a nice track with faster cars. Race C is a death sentence for me. I have yet to figure out that track, and with that tire multiplier I spent most of my race crawling in 3rd gear last time to keep out of barriers. The only race I have ever had where I got lapped every time I went out.

Although when I first started on GT Sport I was so bad at tsukuba that I think I did manage to get lapped on a race A my first or second time out:D

Do you know where the world's largest car museum is?

Cité de l'Automobile. Mulhouse, France (the 2nd largest city in the Alsace region).

I did not know that.

Largest I've been to is the LeMay America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington. Been twice. It's amazing.

Since it's the last day of race C and I have been driving the DBr9 since Tuesday I took the Mustang for a swing. First lap I bettered my Qt with 3 tenths..
Went in race, p5 instead of p13.
Ouch... Tapped on purpose to a penalty, run wide at the following corner and given a penalty for forcing a car of track (my own I assume) then after penalty zone I am p9, in T1 I am p7, then are dive-bombed from a second behind,spun out and ends up p15.
Finish p13 with door number 16, gets down to SR 94 and are denoted to DR C.
Not my best race of the week.
But, life and racing goes on

While Yamagiwa is my favorite road course in this game, the Miyabi portion of the combined layout has always been a slight headache for me. I wonder if the Supra will be the meta for this combined layout like it normally is for Gr. 3 at Yamagiwa.

I’m finally having some good Race A’s, after having a proper go at quali and then starting P4/P3/P2 a few times... except now I’m back up to DR B, so we’ll see if it lasts!

EDIT: Now starting P7 in a mixed A/B/C room... I’m guessing puntfest?

Update: Not too bad, pretty clean!

Last edited:
Had a go at race B, mainly to get SR back up to 99 for later, dropped to last place at start aiming for a CRB, lap 1 T1 everyone makes the 1st turn safely, not so much after that, cars flying off everywhere, had to take quite a few avoiding actions, finished P8 with CRB, job done. Not many blue SR on final screen, back to practising for the Supra Cup :lol:

I was into role playing games before racing games.

oregontrail.jpg

But, I started racing like most of us: Pole Position.

Can anyone post me a link on help adjusting the camera? I just got a wheel so have been in car for the first time ever. I like it, but can't see the mirrors in most cars. Is that normal or can I scoot the view back a little? Also is there no tweaking the settings on the g29? I can't find any like there is on the f1 game, linearity, saturation etc..

Congrats on the wheel! :cheers: Tip, don’t use cockpit cam other than offline, use bumper or hood cam. 👍

What is this Alsace track, was it added with the latest update?
I don't recall ever seeing it before. ;)
But seriously, sounds like it could be fun with the right car.
I tried it yesterday with the N200 Toyota 86. Laps are under 2:30.
I don't understand why they always try to make the race so short. 2 laps???
That's 6 laps per hour. So much wasted time. :confused:

I'm waiting for an Nxxx race where we can pick the car we want to drive. With BOP, it should be easy, so why can't I race a Corvette against your Porsche. I love the F40, and would love to put it up against all comers. I'd like to race the Raptor against some exotic sports cars, though I wonder what BOP would do about the weight difference.

I'm waiting for an Nxxx race where we can pick the car we want to drive. With BOP, it should be easy, so why can't I race a Corvette against your Porsche. I love the F40, and would love to put it up against all comers. I'd like to race the Raptor against some exotic sports cars, though I wonder what BOP would do about the weight difference.
It's been done, @Pigems raced the Raptor against a full grid of F40's in a Nations race. He didn't place last.
I think the best would be if PD could make it impossible to detune below the N-group a car belongs in. That would be much more diverse grids.

lost almost 5k today on race B - was racing all week on race B and was fine but Sunday racing is something different. Anyway, the biggest problem IMO is the fact that races are way too short - you can't overtake unless a huge mistake happens and people start to become really inpatient since they have only 4 laps to gain positions, which takes to crashes and frustration...

longer races are way more interesting, at least when I got punted in the first corner i have lots of time to regain my position in case I have the skill and pace, while on 4 laps if I got bumped - pretty much my race is over. ACC have it nailed, at least on this aspect.

lost almost 5k today on race B - was racing all week on race B and was fine but Sunday racing is something different. Anyway, the biggest problem IMO is the fact that races are way too short - you can't overtake unless a huge mistake happens and people start to become really inpatient since they have only 4 laps to gain positions, which takes to crashes and frustration...

longer races are way more interesting, at least when I got punted in the first corner i have lots of time to regain my position in case I have the skill and pace, while on 4 laps if I got bumped - pretty much my race is over. ACC have it nailed, at least on this aspect.
The short duration of the races and the oftentimes questionable or repetitious track/car combinations drives (pun intended ;) ) a lot of us to mostly do the FIA races and only bother with the dailies when they're actually good, for example next week's race C should be a lot of fun.

Hi all!

Seeing all the posts on Races B & C.
Seems to be a lesser focus on Race A. Too slow? :lol:

Focusing on getting the 91 wins trophy.
I am pushing the little Mini but cannot get anywhere near below 1.29. Poor qualifying time makes it harder to compete.
Any ideas? Am I suffering from not using a wheel? Or should I be using Manual Transmission?

I've watched the best lap replays, following them as far as possible but I just cannot improve my times :confused: :grumpy:

Hi all!

I am pushing the little Mini but cannot get anywhere near below 1.29. Poor qualifying time makes it harder to compete.
Any ideas? Am I suffering from not using a wheel? Or should I be using Manual Transmission?

I've watched the best lap replays, following them as far as possible but I just cannot improve my times :confused: :grumpy:
I was about to tell you that you definitely should try a wheel...but that's a bit presumptuous of me. Who on here is racing with a dualshock in hand?

And, yes, practice manual.

Hi all!

In the Mini race, it's very hard to compete with automatic transmission.
Use TCS 1, BB 0.
Many people are extremely fast with controller. Don't worry about the wheel.

I was about to tell you that you definitely should try a wheel...but that's a bit presumptuous of me. Who on here is racing with a dualshock in hand?

And, yes, practice manual.
I use a dual shock seeing as I bought my PS4 way late in the release cycle. Waiting on PS5 to get a wheel setup. I can feel it holding me back in certain races but the Mini is definitely not one of them.

Currently testing a bunch of cars in an open lobby for the Kyoto daily race coming up. Tire wear is a major biotch. Figure 5 laps RH + 3 laps RM but pit time is 8s so 2-3-3 will be a viable option. So far, the Alfa seems like a great contender for race, but the Mustang for qualifying time. Merc might be good for 233 strategy as well. We'll see. Pretty easy track to learn aside from that wicked downhill corkscrew hairpin.

4-2-2 with the Ford GT would be good too.

Supra could be strong here too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back