"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it’s so hard for me to consider A after recovering 99 and maintaining it over the weekend on the alt. That was 2 plus hours of torture. I’m a masochist but even folks like me have limits...
I love Brands. It’s one of the best tracks in game imo.
Ive done 4 A races so far and I'm at 99. I don't bump, and have only been bumped once...from the back, anyway. Somehow the leaders aways get away, except that first race when I started 7th. Been 11th and 12th for the others, finished 5th-7th. I might qualify...

ok so this happened my first race a. had to upload the clip of the last corner. first vid is my view from the actual race. 2nd is chase cam replay.

EifCo3JXcAEIj3P

So I just started a race with DR C and SR D, finished second yet after had DR D, SR E. I have seen people with DR C, SR E before, so I don't know why I got reset (granted it only took 6 races to get back to where I was before that race from the same situation). I have to assume that this is yet another PD Logic. To combat this I guess I will have to be intentionally "dirty' (get bump drafted) in order to stay at SR E so it can't reset.
I might livestream tonight now that I know to expect carnage, which is good for ratings.

Had an A race where I got bumped in the rear & got a 1 second penalty. Served it & got bumped drafted about a half dozen times. Finished 3rd, but SR went from 82 to 12 in one race. :scared: But, I decided that if I can't get a 15 steak going, I might as well race....& qualify. Set a 4:54.707. Started on pole in that SR killing race. :lol:

Heading back into Brands soon. Had a mixed run this morning, spun all over creation in the 911. Went back to a nice FR and was way more my style.

Gave a win back trying to help keep things more civil as well. Guy no stopped in the R8. I tried to stretch my medium stint to 8 laps and lost the gap so came out behind them when I pit and lost a little ground warming the tires. Spend the last lap and a half all over them but struggle to set up a proper pass. Finally they screw up Stirling and I get a mean run down the straight. They go defensive so I line up a cut back. We both leave room but there is a slight bump as we are side by side and they drift wide. Just enough to get wheels on the grass and let me through. I was determined to call it fair, but it really just felt a bit pushy in the end so I pulled over right before the line to give them the spot back and the win.

Told them why and they thanked me, said it was a racing incident to them as well but glad to see people want to do it fair. Hopefully got another good driver I know I can race with hard and clean. Always need to have more of those around.

My good deed for the day done. Now to face off with the 🤬 I normally see at night.:mischievous:

Still no qualy. Started last on RH. NO stop. Stayed clean. Didn't fight with anyone. Went side by side with a Genesis and a Huracan. Each time we left room for one another.

458 switched to RM I think. Couldn't get past me and the Genesis. Genesis pit half way. GT-R got faster towards end of the race. Finished just below half fuel.
IMG_20200922_175546.jpg
IMG_20200922_175540.jpg

Limited wheelspin by being calm. Good stuff. Entered Race A. See what happens. No qualy.

Edit: From the back again. Just stayed patient in and out of the draft. Couple cars took each other out. Final corner two more collided. Snuck on the outside for 4th.
IMG_20200922_181017.jpg

IMG_20200922_181021.jpg

Edit2: Shame. I was up to 6th and avoidance shuffled me back down where I started. Cars spun in the final lap for me to get a couple positions.
IMG_20200922_182318.jpg

Dirtiest(more like sloppy by other players) race of the evening.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried hitting pause in Race A to see what happens? I think you should be able to stay paused for 6 minutes without getting booted from the room for inactivity. You you be a ghost the whole time? Or would your driver lift? I might try it just to find out. :lol:

I tried it over 8 races.... Doesn't work... Still got penalties in Auto Drive

My SR is now 7; with the obligatory DR reset.. Yay

So a system update to fix the (obviously flawed) penalty system. Nice of them to admit it's bad... Can I have my 22,000 DR back please.

Last edited:
Still no qualy. Started last on RH. NO stop. Stayed clean. Didn't fight with anyone. Went side by side with a Genesis and a Huracan. Each time we left room for one another.

458 switched to RM I think. Couldn't get past me and the Genesis. Genesis pit half way. GT-R got faster towards end of the race. Finished just below half fuel.
View attachment 959577 View attachment 959578

Limited wheelspin by being calm. Good stuff. Entered Race A. See what happens. No qualy.

Edit: From the back again. Just stayed patient in and out of the draft. Couple cars took each other out. Final corner two more collided. Snuck on the outside for 4th.
View attachment 959580
View attachment 959579

Edit2: Shame. I was up to 6th and avoidance shuffled me back down where I started. Cars spun in the final lap for me to get a couple positions.
View attachment 959581

Dirtiest(more like sloppy by other players) race of the evening.
I just went for a no stop on race C as well. Dragging my Sprunk Jag out for a spin. Started p11 in a pretty stacked field. Got 2 positions at the start as 2 people binned it. Then just stayed calm and steady, keeping within striking distance of the cars ahead but not pushing hard. Tires felt a bit sad the last 2 laps, but nothing too horrible. Was p4 the second half of the race behind some alien types, dropped to p6 last lap as those 2 cars were on mediums and they were able to pick up good runs into druids and down the back straight.

No stop is a definite possibility and solid choice. I finished just ahead of 1 person who started before me and another who started 2 spots back and pitted, but is normally faster. If you can keep it smooth and on track try it for a different run.

nice race on A this morning

QF 6th

Draft nicely into 1st for the final stretch using the low first corner / high second corner technique someone mentioned on here . Guy in 2nd who already has 6secs penalty rams me off the track. Finish 7th 🤬.
Reported him. Not sure this does anything.
I guess he was after the fastest lap. As FL does not include the penalty.

nice race on A this morning

QF 6th

Draft nicely into 1st for the final stretch using the low first corner / high second corner technique someone mentioned on here . Guy in 2nd who already has 6secs penalty rams me off the track. Finish 7th 🤬.
Reported him. Not sure this does anything.
I guess he was after the fastest lap. As FL does not include the penalty.

I think the "report" feature is for PlayStation, not only GTS, and is for reporting abuse or swearing, not bad driving.

What's this I hear about "tweaks" to the penalty system? Is there an update? My app says I have the latest installation

I think the "report" feature is for PlayStation, not only GTS, and is for reporting abuse or swearing, not bad driving.

What's this I hear about "tweaks" to the penalty system? Is there an update? My app says I have the latest installation

PD has been known to adjust certain aspects of the game without the need to push out a dedicated update. Sounds like some people are noticing some small adjustments like that.

There is an "Interfering with Race" option in the Report menu.

Whether it does anything or not is its own question...

Oh, I didn't know about that... Not sure exactly what we would expect PD to do about it... 10 sec stop-go penalty in the next race? Lol.

How about, start from the pit lane... That would be cool.

PD has been known to adjust certain aspects of the game without the need to push out a dedicated update. Sounds like some people are noticing some small adjustments like that.

Hmm ok..

How about....
"Race A: The lobby owner has updated the race settings. Penaties: OFF"

Then everyone would be happy right?

Can't they have just turned off penalties for Race A? People are exploiting the penalty system to ruin others' race AND dump their SR in the bin. Who thought this was a good idea?... I love the Ford GT, I thought I would enjoy driving it on Route X, but all I was left with in the end was frustration...

I loved my one and only race at Brands last night. My race pace is better than my qualy pace suggests. Started on medium tyres and I went from 10th on the grid up to 2nd, then pit stop time - nail the pit entry, - no refueling , so I hit X - oops just selected another set of medium tyres :banghead:.

Came back out in 4ths. Overtake 3rd cleanly, set fastest lap, and then had to pit again on the penultimate lap to put on the compulsary hard tyres, drop to 4th. 🤬 Finished only 6 seconds behind the winner, so I *think* I just threw away a potential win from 10th on the grid.

I will be back on tonight, but I suspect that everyone else will have got to grips with the track by then.

Just had a decent race C in my Gulf 911, from P4 to P3 (despite being barged off earlier), then got spun on the last corner by a Supra & ended P5... he got a 4s penalty, but it took my longer than that to get back on track.

I’ve been going 2-stop with 3H/5M/5M, but that race went 7H/6M due to track position and traffic...

Last edited:
Race A penalties aren’t fixed, just got bump drafted and SR down... I was near the back of the pack & no chance of catching up, so I just braked HARD.

Next race was much better, just keep out of everyone’s way until the approach to the last corner, then slingshot from 6ish to 2nd and hope to make it to the line first (which I managed as P1 was trying to avoid the car behind him)... CRB too.

... followed by another ****ter, keep out of everyone’s way (hug the wall) and some prick speeds up behind me and rams me, giving me an SR down & 1 sec penalty... fortunately I managed to send him flying at the corner as a thanks for his help.

Last edited:
Race 3 is interesting though I was down at SR C so I am likely slower than I think I am. Gave the Alfa a whirl, the Beetle is faster but I have never used the Alfa Group 3 and if I am ever going to then this is the time.

Re. no stopping Race C, really I cannot fathom how you save the 7 seconds you lose (it is 7 seconds no?) by running on used hard runner, as soon as you strap on the mediums you fly. Maybe I can make a case for it if it means you get pushed into the pack and to me, there's no true racing on this track unless you're REALLY good, it's see who stays on the tarmac and circulate.

Last edited:
A: I (gently) bump drafted the car in front of me the entire lap boosting him from 12th to 4th place with no penalties for either of us, then I pitted for last place. Race B is fun when you drive Hoonigan style.

Tried a no stop on my alt from the back and I ended up finishing 6th. Probably should have finished 4th in no mans land but I got hit into the gravel early in the race. I’m using the Supra, it’s always my go-to.

I’ll try it a couple of more times but it seems like a really solid strategy atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back