"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
If it's first lap especially in C or FIA then you should carry on. They are longer races and you will always pick up a place or few as other go off, quit or your pace brings you back into it. At the very least you can use it as practice with the car in race conditions.

I see a blemish!
Race B at interlagos in a tight room. I’d be driving around on my Todd for sure.

Ahh yes, the beauty of alt accounts, where hindsight is literally 20/20.

Screenshot_20220128-161123.png

Having read the past dozen or so posts on this thread, I feel the need to say something.

I enjoy playing Gran Turismo Sport.

I finish my races because this is one of the best games I have every played.

Not one of the best PS4 games.

Not one of the best racing games.

Not even one of the best video games.

It is flat out one of the best games I have ever played.

If you are not enjoying the time you spend playing GT Sport, then that's on you.

Now that is very unfortunate and disturbing, that such drivers exist. You see them from time to time in high DR A and max SR lobbies too, but it is very very rare though. Usually just people getting mad about incidents and they revenge, even if it was not deliberate to start with. Or then the disrespectful drivers not leaving any space or weaving everywhere, or bump to passers (these are not so common but still). Not sure about Americas, but EMEA is for the most part quite clean, but this is no 100% sim, and no heavy damage, so what do you expect.. Rational people taking advantage of loopholes and being sneakily a tad too aggressive, when they know they get away with it.

Samuel
Sadly I meet them on a daily basis. For example this one today:

What can you do? I was already down to SR.B thanks to always getting SR down when a lower DR player makes front to back contact or from draft bumping. (Someone draft bumping you, costs you SR) So punting him off to get rid of him would only drag me down with him. I tried cutting him off (at the 2 minute mark) hoping he would slip on the kerb but these cars are too stable and he obviously had too much practice driving dirty.

He left with a red B, started as B, hardly lost SR from all that. I left with a blue A, gained just enough SR to get away from him in matchmaking.

There are always a couple like this, every day. Roll with the punches, focus on the good drivers. Next to races like this I've also had great races with people that show up to race. Today the best races were in SR.B.

Now that is very unfortunate and disturbing, that such drivers exist. You see them from time to time in high DR A and max SR lobbies too, but it is very very rare though. Usually just people getting mad about incidents and they revenge, even if it was not deliberate to start with. Or then the disrespectful drivers not leaving any space or weaving everywhere, or bump to passers (these are not so common but still). Not sure about Americas, but EMEA is for the most part quite clean, but this is no 100% sim, and no heavy damage, so what do you expect.. Rational people taking advantage of loopholes and being sneakily a tad too aggressive, when they know they get away with it.

Samuel
If they are rare in high A/S in EMEA I can tell you where they are.
In B/S

Hey, @Sven Jurgens would you have an idea of what the hours are like on the weekends? Or is it just dirty hour all day? Work has been killing my weeknights and I really want to do as much Suzuka as I can next week.

Also, has anyone seen @Stilva lately? I'm worried for him since the Bills lost last weekend.

Last edited:
Hey, @Sven Jurgens would you have an idea of what the hours are like on the weekends? Or is it just dirty hour all day? Work has been killing my weeknights and I really want to do as much Suzuka as I can next week.

Also, has anyone seen @Stilva lately? I'm worried for him since the Bills lost last weekend.
It's do-able until about noon, Saturday afternoon and evening are wreckfest.
Sunday same but evenings can be very clean at the top split on Sunday and very competitive.

The trick is to race after the last drunk drivers have quit and before they wake up again :lol:

Porsche curves should be renamed to the Porsche curse. 4 out of 5 times I get run off the track, it's there. Do no enter 2 wide, do not swerve before entry, adjust your speed when in split stream etc.

If they are rare in high A/S in EMEA I can tell you where they are.
In B/S
Yea and some in low A DR too, that is where I met the most famous dirty driver in all of GT Sport at least half a dozen times (12th letter in alphabet to start the player's username), in EMEA FIA races. I have some videos on Twitch still of this, but I will not give this driver the satisfaction or publicity. This driver does not deserve that.

Funnily enough, this driver helped me in one race, although by a lucky coincidence lol. Ruined a few races too, luckily not when my DR got high enough, that I was fighting for 170-205 point scores in EMEA FIA races.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been asked before....

While trying to improve my time in race A Miyabi, I have been chasing the ghosts of some of the top ten. When ever I follow them, exactly, I get a penalty and they do not! Specifically, the last part where you enter the start/finish line. There is a small right, left, right combination. Which part incurs a penalty please?

Hope that makes sense!

Best regards to all here.

Ian

While trying to improve my time in race A Miyabi, I have been chasing the ghosts of some of the top ten. When ever I follow them, exactly, I get a penalty and they do not! Specifically, the last part where you enter the start/finish line. There is a small right, left, right combination. Which part incurs a penalty please?

Hope that makes sense!

Ian
A common trick is to take a penalty at the last bit then finish (counting the lap) before the penalty shows up. So it might just be a cheat and not something you can do without triggering a track limit penalty. A glitch where the next lap gets invalidated instead of the current one.

if people spend the time to compile these videos documenting horrible dirty driving, there should be at least a couple of moderators to hand out some bans to them. seriously

Having read the past dozen or so posts on this thread, I feel the need to say something.

I enjoy playing Gran Turismo Sport.

I finish my races because this is one of the best games I have every played.

Not one of the best PS4 games.

Not one of the best racing games.

Not even one of the best video games.

It is flat out one of the best games I have ever played.

If you are not enjoying the time you spend playing GT Sport, then that's on you.

I endorse this statement.

if people spend the time to compile these videos documenting horrible dirty driving, there should be at least a couple of moderators to hand out some bans to them. seriously
I wish, I have a whole bunch of replays I could upload to PD. Just now again two drivers just out to ram people at every opportunity. I've seen them before and will see them again.

Saturday morning isn't clean today, far from it. Battle for survival continues. I'm sitting on 47K DR, so any car that touches me is likely to cost me SR since most fast people have been reset and run around as DR B at best. A top 3 finish costs me DR now. It's often a B/S driver doing pole to flag victories after a reset.

DR is so pointless nowadays. PD never got the fact that DR resets only hurt all the other people in the room. a DR reset quickly 'soaks' up the points from all the legitimate drivers there trying to improve. Plus seeing C/S on pole with 3:19 quali time, you know it's someone who's fast and can't behave himself on track when challenged.

I can't get past SR.A anymore. People bump draft which is how to do the race right, but as one of the highest DR in the room, that's -3 or -4 SR per bump tap for me. I'll keep trying, challenge accepted. Got to be fast enough to stay out of bump draft range!

And yep, here another one in the next race.

He went to D/E in the previous race, got a blue C for this race and gave me a red B... That's not the first contact, he already rammed me off the lap before. One of those you can't pass unless they crash. It's Saturday, a least a couple of those per race now... Oh well, got a fastest lap out of that race lol. Just sucks that getting punted by a lower DR/SR player costs me SR.

Last edited:

Hope that makes sense!

Ian
You can have all four of your tires on the curbs, and 3 of them inside the curbs, but at least 1 of them has to stay off of the grass/dirt.

Last edited:
Thought I'd try my alt on Race A as I'd been doing quite well there.. Beat my qualifying time with 44.010 which put me 5th, finished 3rd, and lost 200 DR points 🙄

Edit/ think this is tightest qualifying times I've seen

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_162210.jpg
    IMG_20220129_162210.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
@Sven Jurgens, I just discovered a new reason to have alternate accounts.
I received an email from Sony yesterday, informing me that my PSN account is temporarily suspended for 7 days.
Apparently someone had an issue with me regarding "Code of Conduct".

Nevertheless, I fired up my console this morning, and found that only one particular account of mine is unable to connect.
I can still race with my other accounts. 👍

@Sven Jurgens, I just discovered a new reason to have alternate accounts.
I received an email from Sony yesterday, informing me that my PSN account is temporarily suspended for 7 days.
Apparently someone had an issue with me regarding "Code of Conduct".

Nevertheless, I fired up my console this morning, and found that only one particular account of mine is unable to connect.
I can still race with my other accounts. 👍
The level of trolling keeps increasing. There are 2 kinds of dirty drivers. One leaves directly after the race, the other sticks around baiting you into saying something they can report in the chat... Well 3 actually, another one I just had that just goes "LOL learn what an inside line is". Yes, inside line is inside, doesn't mean first go outside to remove the car from the track there before turning in :lol:

The loser last race pushed me all the way into the sand at Indianapolis, bumped me 3 times to get me in the gravel. Then he stopped "giving the position back" just to try to push me off for the Porsche Curves cause he "has the inside line". Not much I can do with dirty tires.

Oh well, one race you meet a great driver, the next scum like that. Maybe it's better in SR.S but that seems out of reach. When I get to SR.A people start bump drafting me and I go back to SR.B :banghead: Rince and repeat.

Beat a few A drivers on race C today. Had some good clean battles. However I keep loosing SR for nothing. Amazingly it was a CRB on race B which got me back into B/S. I agree with making dirty driving drop SR but it's obviously too sensitive if a relatively clean race drops you 11 SR!

The level of trolling keeps increasing. There are 2 kinds of dirty drivers. One leaves directly after the race, the other sticks around baiting you into saying something they can report in the chat...
Right
I would just recommend to choose your words carefully in the post-race chat. :grumpy:

Beat a few A drivers on race C today. Had some good clean battles. However I keep loosing SR for nothing. Amazingly it was a CRB on race B which got me back into B/S. I agree with making dirty driving drop SR but it's obviously too sensitive if a relatively clean race drops you 11 SR!
Dirty driving doesn't drop SR, side swipes, dive bombs do nothing to SR. Front to back contact kills SR.

I was in SR.A again. The car in front of the car in front of me apparently didn't start. I noticed too late that the car in front of me swerved to avoid that stopped car and by the time I saw the stopped car (bumper cam view) it was too late to avoid it, I narrowly clipped it with the edge of my front bumper. Then later in the race a driver who had been consistently braking on time at the pit lane suddenly brakes too early. I touch the back of his car, nothing happens, didn't even move him an inch of his line, just give him a tiny speed boost. But those two things were enough to put me back in SR.B. It's getting a bit frustrating tbh.

Got to focus on the positive. I had a great 3 lap battle with that driver which he won fair and square. Clean driving all the way. He had the luck of catching up to people every time I had the run, then we had to pass them first losing time. All clean, fun race, but back to SR.B.

@sturk0167 Definitely, I only have the one account. Calling people dirty is fine afaik. I usually just ask "why so dirty".
No answer of course :lol:

Got robbed of a victory by a laggy connection. Well the other car his connection took out first would probably have won. 1 bar, 357ms ping, constantly glitching about. It's a strategy I guess, let your lag clear a path, probably took out more cars along the way. That's how you win with 3:25 best lap while top 5 is 3:22 laps and faster...

Last edited:
Theoretically driving should be getting cleaner. Anyone planning to enter the Road to GT Series, will be protective of their SR. Overall SR should trend up. :)

I'm still in shock of what happened a week later. I just can't believe that final drive by Kansas City got them into field goal range in 2 plays in 13 seconds. Granted, playing most of the defense 20 yards off of the line of scrimmage with the offensive weapons that KC wasn't the best choice. I don't know what they were thinking with that defense. It's the most Bills way to lose a game though. I honestly expected it with all the misfortune the Bills have suffered since I've been a fan. The 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, the Music City Miracle (which was a forward pass and you can't convince me otherwise), not being able to beat the Steelers backups in a must win game to make the playoffs, the Hail Murry. You grow numb to it over time. Especially when you don't make the playoffs in 17 years (2000-2016) up until recently. Plus, getting curb stomped by Tom Brady and the New England Patriots for so long doesn't help either. I know this was way off topic and I apologize for it being so. Just my thoughts on the whole situation.

Anyway, I haven't posted much because the races the past 2 weeks haven't interested me at all. So, I've been working on my backlog of games to get ready for the new Horizon Zero Dawn game and of course GT7. I'll be back into the punt fest on Monday with the Suzuka race. Should be a good time if it stays clean.

Dirty driving doesn't drop SR, side swipes, dive bombs do nothing to SR. Front to back contact kills SR.
Oh I know certain things reduce SR more than others. I had no front to back contact and still dropped a load of SR. Just the car, track combo methinks. Just too easy at the start to have minor contact with each other on cold hards. But still I would have had a bajillion green SR sectors.

I'm still in shock of what happened a week later. I just can't believe that final drive by Kansas City got them into field goal range in 2 plays in 13 seconds. Granted, playing most of the defense 20 yards off of the line of scrimmage with the offensive weapons that KC wasn't the best choice. I don't know what they were thinking with that defense. It's the most Bills way to lose a game though. I honestly expected it with all the misfortune the Bills have suffered since I've been a fan. The 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses, the Music City Miracle (which was a forward pass and you can't convince me otherwise), not being able to beat the Steelers backups in a must win game to make the playoffs, the Hail Murry. You grow numb to it over time. Especially when you don't make the playoffs in 17 years (2000-2016) up until recently. Plus, getting curb stomped by Tom Brady and the New England Patriots for so long doesn't help either. I know this was way off topic and I apologize for it being so. Just my thoughts on the whole situation.

Anyway, I haven't posted much because the races the past 2 weeks haven't interested me at all. So, I've been working on my backlog of games to get ready for the new Horizon Zero Dawn game and of course GT7. I'll be back into the punt fest on Monday with the Suzuka race. Should be a good time if it stays clean.
I am a Leaf fan so I'm well aware of the numbness. Even though I hated the Bills with a quiet respect growing up (everyone from Jim Kelly to Cornelius Bennett were childhood heroes), that hate has worn off and I have found myself rooting for them to take the AFC the past couple of years. I even stick around for the Eyewitness News reactions haha. Is cover 2 or hail Mary coverage or whatever that was the new "wide right"?

I will most certainly be doing Suzuka so maybe I'll see you there

Oh I know certain things reduce SR more than others. I had no front to back contact and still dropped a load of SR. Just the car, track combo methinks. Just too easy at the start to have minor contact with each other on cold hards. But still I would have had a bajillion green SR sectors.
It can be lots of things, the game just has to think there was contact.

If your car lags on someone else's screen due to their connection, and there is front to back contact on their screen (while not on yours) that client will still communicate to your client that you hit them and you get -10 SR per contact.

A car resetting on the track on your line can cost you 10 SR, the game thinks you hit them as they are solid for 1 frame.

The most common is a little touch from behind, that you don't even notice, from a much lower DR player which assigns you the blame.

You only get 9 SR for race C this week, one of those -10 SR penalties triggering already gives you a red S. Each draft bump piles on -3 or -4 per bump. It adds up quickly.

Le Mans Penalties. Seriously I just don't get it.

No penalty.

Penalty.

If someone could explain this to me I would be really grateful.

Looks like it can't be the lines and kerbs there. Wonder if it has to do with throttle position? Just off the throttle at the apex of the left hander, but applying a tiny bit of power in the 2nd clip?

Le Mans Penalties. Seriously I just don't get it.

No penalty.

Penalty.

If someone could explain this to me I would be really grateful.

I think there is a bug in the code.

From point to point (total sign to yellow marking on road) it took you 6.88 sec vs 7.52 sec.
The slower time through the corner gets the penalty.

I've scratched my head many times at Tetre Rouge as well. Fly through it cutting the inside kerb a bit, no problem.
Go slower, same path, penalty.

Ignoring track limit penalties seem to trigger more often when you lose time in the corner still trying to keep it in.

It fits the theme of GT Sport, kick you when you're down :lol:

Now I truly understand the concept of rage quitting: it's not so much being abused by other players, it's the realization that you're not competent to drive anything faster than a pedal car because you can't keep a fast car on the track for more than two or three consecutive corners. That's when you might just as well quit and take a break to get your head back in the game. I just strung together two quits in a row! The first one took me from C/C to D/E and I figure the second one couldn't do much more to me (E/E, maybe?). Maybe if I race tomorrow, I'll be more settled down. Or maybe I should just practice for next week's races. As I said many posts back, I really suck at this. But most of the time it's fun anyway. Today? Not so much.

Interestingly, on the race after the first quit, the system still matched me as C/C. There must be a lag in the database system.

Oh, I just saw the stats update: I only lost another 500 for the second quit, so I'm still D/E. At least I didn't take anyone else down with me, it was all me.

It is possible!!!

I've tried plenty times from the outside. Yet no matter how much room I leave or whether I'm nearly all the way ahead or halfway behind, I always get run off. Usually already before the corner starts by the car on the inside moving back to the racing line before the turn, pushing me off the track :ouch:
And when taking or defending the inside, the car n the outside so far always (wisely) back out. Today I finally found someone with balls big enough to go for it. He deserved that pass 1000%

Anyway, don't try this at home kids. It's never worth it. Our speed was down to 270 instead of 292 kph and every time I've seen 2 other attempt it, only one came out on the other side. Plus if I had simply stayed left, given him the corner, I would have been right on his heels at Maison Blanche. Now I had to slow down to make that corner.

But it's possible!

Nice to back in the top split, all those free positions at the start 🤣

And that's why I stick with TCS.
(Just lost a position due to my finger glitching, double shifting. Don't trust my hands one bit to make it without TCS :grumpy:)

Last edited:
Back