Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 30, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

xtrax and dlshearon like this.
  2. jeanbombeur8

jeanbombeur8

My first time in the top 10 :cheers:

159611460642445977144131410856.jpg

seadog777, xtrax, sirjim73 and 2 others like this.
  3. sdi_03

sdi_03

Ok, so there is chicanes. Oh well.
    Heres vid for first test run and tune that needs lot more work. :lol:
    Brake early :cheers:

seadog777, xtrax and sirjim73 like this.
  4. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

:lol: Reaching Bugatti speeds there. :crazy:

seadog777 and sdi_03 like this.
  5. sdi_03

sdi_03

Ok little better tune. BB -5
    3:30.5xx will get 3:29.xx with this tune.

8ECC1665-7BEA-4271-A11F-1214D9CD1DB3.jpeg

6. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I had the quickest SLS time at the time of recording...pretty far off the top times.

05XR8, xtrax and JEverettL like this.
  7. aguia

aguia

Poor choice the McLaren P1. Very few players have purchased this car. A grx that only runs mono-brand racing ,,,About that I miss the game Enthusia.

8. sirjim73

sirjim73

Think we all know what @Chikane_GTR is doing for the next 2 weeks :lol:

9. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

Sadly i wont since i don't have the game install and not in the mood to download over 40gb of updates. :)

10. koshmare

koshmare

Hot laps

lfm58, xtrax, billbader and 1 other person like this.
  11. billbader

billbader

How about that exit out of Arnage lol

12. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Hold up...am I missing something? Where are the cones in my game? The corner entry/apex/exit markers. Is it only in the non-event time trial mode, an option in the settings, or a PS4 Pro thing? I'm a bit confused. :odd:

Edit: nevermind, figured it out, it's a setting...can't believe I missed that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  13. SSAuto

SSAuto

My run in the two cars dominating the leaderboards. I'm not the best driver out there but this was a very close match-up.

dimassa19 and lfm58 like this.
  14. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I did a couple of laps in the P1 (nice to have somewhere to drive it!! :) ) and was amazed to see I made it into the top 1,000!!
    Then I checked and found there are only 1,341 players!! :lol:

dimassa19, iMatazzie, lfm58 and 4 others like this.
  15. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I know it's late but just wanna say thanks for this. After using this line and your tune I finally managed to dip below 0.3 in the dying hours .... with a .298 :lol:

IMO, the clutch really only makes a difference if you're chasing for the top spot. I counted there are 4 upshifts over the whole lap, so maybe if it gives 0.01 advantage per shift it's only 0.04 sec over the whole lap. Even without the clutch, I'm still only around 1 sec slower than the top time (my usual gap at Tsukuba), so I don't really lose much.

In fact, in past games when I still used the G25, my clutch times were usually slower than non-clutch, because if I focus on downshifts, I mess up my braking and vice versa. So the top clutch players are actually making the game harder just for a small gain, and I respect them for that :tup:

lfm58, sdi_03, sirjim73 and 1 other person like this.
  16. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Here is my best lap for the Brands Hatch event that is currently the fastest lap in the world for anyone using a Viper.

There is about a tenth and a half more I can get but it might take over a thousand miles of practice.

fordlaser, sdi_03, Mr P and 3 others like this.
  17. Mr P

Mr P

Run some laps at BH in the Megane Trophy.. It's not the fastest car that's for sure but it's very consistent and easy to drive! I reckon this would be great for the online race and string smooth laps together :tup:

Will try some more cars tomorrow :cheers:

sdi_03 and Sphinx like this.
  18. sdi_03

sdi_03

Brands time with audi TT 1:28.9.
    Optimum was .5xx
    Yes, ff cars are bit too powerfull.
    Huracan was also nice to drive, but slow :lol:

koshmare likes this.
  19. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Am I the only one who is not fastest with an FF car? To me the TT is only a bit better on the straights and maintaining stability on grass, but FR cars are a bit better everywhere else. I don't think I can gain more than a few hundredths of a second in the TT
    20200809_224951.jpg
    yet could still gain nearly two tenths in the Viper, mostly in the second to last sector.
    20200809_225033.jpg
    The Viper can carry a noticeable amount more mid corner speed than the TT and that makes the biggest difference.

fordlaser likes this.
  20. koshmare

koshmare

My final time

upload_2020-8-13_1-45-49.png

JEverettL and fordlaser like this.
  21. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

My personal best in both the Gr. 4 and McLaren P1 GTR Super Laps.

22. koshmare

koshmare

World records

Timm Sheehan and sirjim73 like this.
  23. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

dlshearon likes this.
  24. samsaoule

samsaoule

and so ??????? :confused: ........ what would be interesting is to tell us about your setup now that it's finished .......... even, during the current game .............. as does "sdi_03 " .......
    for us who are 5 "away from those times, we could try to progress by testing them .......... or modify them to do something if they are too extreme for us.
    because there, it is navel-gazing ........... it is: "wouahou .... look how fast I am going .....":lol: ... we have known it since time that you put us your videos, but us, that does not help us .....:confused:

25. sirjim73

sirjim73

Hi. These arent @koshmare times. He just views the replays of the fastest drivers, whoever they may be, and uploads them to YouTube so that everyone can see them.

Most of these trials tend to be won by aliens who dont tend to share settings, but at least you can look at the lap and spot where they might be e.g. taking a different line on a bend (curve if you're from US).

koshmare likes this.
  26. sdi_03

sdi_03

Tune for the sfrrtoyota :cheers:

63E0D5D8-266C-4930-9090-3D1558387E50.jpeg ADC277FB-11A6-4F1A-8346-F56196C107A2.jpeg

Camillo, samsaoule, LeGeNd-1 and 4 others like this.
  27. Mr P

Mr P

They wouldn't look so Alien if they shared the super secret settings hence why they don't want to share them :p

Just push for your best against your friends list and enjoy that battle :tup:

phineas777, 8l23ub and sirjim73 like this.
  28. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Ok I need a little clarification here. For these Time Trial events we are allowed to tune down a car to get it in the N300 class, then have the system apply BoP to it before we race it?

I am going through all of my N300's to see which one is my best and then looked at the Meta Board (yeah I know I should look here first but I never do) only to find the most used Meta is an N400 that has been tuned down into the N300 range. Does that seem right?

29. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. Like the article reads. It'll probably be those METAs mentioned.

dlshearon likes this.
  30. Mr P

Mr P

Great tune @sdi_03 :tup: I gave it a good run and I am nowhere near the front runners yet!... but this set up is good enough to close the gap! Thanks for sharing and saving us ages tweaking the car mate :cheers:

Here's my best lap so far but I know I can get another half a sec or so with your set up and everything cleaned up :)

COLOMBIAMIGUE7, sdi_03 and sirjim73 like this.