Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 28, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I strongly recommend using the DS4's motion controls to steer the Tomahawk...unless you want to risk damaging your wheel or breaking your fingers and wrists lol.

By the way...Gr.4 on Sports Hards? Ehhh?? :odd::odd::odd: Edit: ahhh, was a typo...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

"Tomahawk X VGT Super Lap"

If you remembered your time playing Gran Turismo 6 years ago when Tomahawk VGT series was launched, you knew that horror of that seasonal event...

.... Well, its back now.

4. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

OMG- that is mental!

5. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I wasn't up early enough to catch the actual final results of the last TTs but, 12 hours prior to their end, these were the fastest times posted by a Croatian driver. Me. :D

[​IMG]

Posted a 3:42 in the Tomahawk...was 9th at one point! ...last I checked someone had a 3:02 on there. Insane! :scared:

I pushed the SLS as far as it'll go on Brands but it's still over a second slower than the Mégane. Fastest SLS time so far, 0:47.117 IIRC.

6. sdi_03

sdi_03

Had to adjust my t300rs wheel settings to 1 and 1 the ffb kills my lap. Its like random hammer hits the wheel and off you go. Also the 100kmh grip is just so odd. 785kg car that cant go round a corner 100kmh? Stupid. :banghead:
    Well, rant over, this Tomahawk TT is still so much fun :cheers::cheers:
    Really hope, that the future TTs would have somethin as crazy as this. :tup:

7. koshmare

koshmare

8. Epic B

Epic B Premium

Oh no.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  9. sdi_03

sdi_03

Oh yes!!! Time to go to brands, this tomahawk is just nuts :lol:

koshmare, v8_pursuit, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  10. Stewyripper

Stewyripper

That is ******* Bonkers with a capital B, good lap. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

v8_pursuit, xtrax and sdi_03 like this.
  11. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

OK, the top guy has broken the 3 minute barrier :eek: @Ken Tagawa might need to come back to defend his record :p

Improved a bit last night, decided to ditch the Inters and used Softs like everyone else. Still using CSA/AT/TC though. All the people around me didn't use any, I have no idea how they keep it on track :bowdown: I was on for a 3:20 but got a corner cut in the squiggly bit between the 2 Karussels :( Gonna reset my brain for a few days and try again.

Also, for those who don't know, EO31Ocon is Esteban Ocon's (Renault/Alpine F1 driver) personal account. I beat him yesterday but he improved again and now currently in 5th. Pretty awesome to see a real driver can also have fun in something so unrealistic :tup:

Yeah the car just loses all grip in the slow corners it seems. I think it's because we are so used to the silly turning force at high speeds (thanks to the yaw effect from the flaps), and at slow speeds the flaps aren't as effective and it feels like a truck. According to the car's press release it's supposed to have active suspension and active camber as well, but maybe PD forgets to program the complex electronics (wouldn't be the first time).

I can't figure out how the top guy just flies through the first corner though. I tried turning back and warming up my tyres on the Dottinger before starting the lap, first corner grip is better but still can't take it as fast as him.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  12. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

It seems like the Tomahawk suffers from the same "issue" as the pre-patch Chaparral X in GT6, where controlling it with a wheel lets you turn sharper than what the game allows with a controller.

I might be wrong though.

...I watched the sub-3m lap and got a headache. Such insane speed through the corners...

13. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I strongly don't suggest doing extended sessions of the Tomahawk time trial, especially if you're on the wheel. Your hands and arms WILL start to hurt, and I'm finding that out the hard way.

LeGeNd-1, koshmare, RX8 Racer and 7 others like this.
  14. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Anyone able to explain the sector times and optimal time? I've just run a race and got three sector bests and thought optimal time was the sum of those three sectors, but apparently not? (Not actually set in TT event but applicable for TT runs...)

20210130_101131.jpg

Stewyripper likes this.
  15. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

One of the sectors from a previous lap was faster than one of those sectors. The deltas shown there is compared to your previous fastest lap

16. Roweer1

Roweer1

An old (...) Man with a Stick is no match for a Tomahawk. So I’ll just move on to Brands Hatch. And i do like that shorttrack; it has been a while since the last TT there...
    Having had the satisfaction of just making it to page 1 with a Toyota 86 on the Leaderboard of the previous TT at RBR, I thought i’d start up at BH in The Toyota 86 Gr.4, despite it being a FR Car, which is not what is fastest here. But i do like the handling of it.
    I happened to already have a good setup on the Car ( must be 3 years old, so i can’t remember how i got it) Gearbox was a standard though, so i had to setup the gears from scratch, which i did very basic and quickly -but it works fine.
    Gave me a 46.899. Second best (if Genesis is an FR?) among FR Cars last night. If anyone is interested, i can post the setup later tonight!? I will however, move on to the go-to-car at some point...
    Happy hunting folks!

17. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

I would appreciate the setup! Thanks.

18. Roweer1

Roweer1

Ok:cheers:
    I’ll reserve this space for the setup then. I’m afraid i’ll have to hold you up a couple of hours though; till i can get to my PS.
    Will edit here.
    And here’s the Edit: ...:dopey: :dunce: :lol:
    It... ahh, it ...would appear that i’ve been using the DEFAULT settings all the time -i hadn’t checked that it was :lol: All i did was to max the F and R Downforce and set up gears with basic knowledge of gearing in GT.
    Sorry about that folks; joke’s on me!
    But the car has all the more potential then...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  19. xtrax

xtrax

Also i will not try Tomahawk TT, just watching the replay of @sdi_03 is already hard for my head. :boggled:

Go directly to Brands Hatch with Renault Megane Trophy 11.
    => 46.171 with this setup, for the gearbox i set speed max to 220 and keep all setting by default. It seems not to bad.
    upload_2021-1-30_22-40-6.png

koshmare, sdi_03, Stewyripper and 2 others like this.
  20. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

@xtrax: thanks for sharing. Great time. :cheers: I will try this later. I´m currently at 0:46,854s and will share my tune too.

Edit: Here's my tune for the Mégane Trophy. It's a modyfied version of a former TT in Laguna Seca and the chassis basic tune is from the great @praiano63. Modifications and gears are from me:

BB - 4
    60mm 90mm (2,36in 3,54in)
    3,30 2,40
    10 10
    51 60
    81 90
    2,0 3,5
    toe in 0,30 toe in 0,15

250 550

Final gear to 3,500
    Max speed to min
    3,354 / 87km/h (54mph)
    2,654 / 110 (68)
    2,185 / 134 (83)
    1,833 / 160 (100)
    1,594 / 184 (114)
    1,408 / 222 (138)
    Final gear to 3,122

Edit: I updated the gears. Currently at 0:46,754s.

Edit: I updated the diff settings.

As you can see by my number of edits, there is much time to gain.

koshmare, praiano63, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  21. xtrax

xtrax

Thanks mate and well done for your time. :cheers:

Thanks for the share
    EDIT: I tried your setup. I managed to do 46.181 :tup: Nice setup. :cheers:

v8_pursuit, Roweer1 and Stewyripper like this.
  22. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

My gear. It looks like I am ahead on @xtrax ghost at the first corner with it.
    FG 3.400 TS 200 FG 3.000.

upload_2021-1-31_12-36-6.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  23. xtrax

xtrax

@oooMaXimumooo thanks for this excellent Gear Box :cheers: very quickly i improve my time compared to my previous .

Indeed first corner is difficult for me, not yet founbd the tips for it.

But after x modifications on setup and try and your gearbox :tup:, I managed to do a good lap in 46.084
    Setup below , Hope it will help someone.
    upload_2021-1-31_19-52-52.png

v8_pursuit, Roweer1, sdi_03 and 2 others like this.
  24. sdi_03

sdi_03

For the t1, dont shift down before the apex, for me this helps. Car is much more stable this way.
    .161 atm for me. Will try your rear susp setup. :cheers:

25. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Here's a lap guide for the Tomahawk at Nordschleife. :lol:

LeGeNd-1, xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  26. Roweer1

Roweer1

Time to fire up the Megane; already a couple of setups to try -thank You folks!
    @oooMaXimumooo I think the initial FG for your gearing should be 3400 -and not 3300 ...?

27. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

@xtrax and @oooMaXimumooo:
    Excellent setup and gearbox. Well done. :cheers: Thanks for sharing.

I was immediately able to catch up my best time, but I couldn't beat it. Maybe I must get used to the new breaking points, or I've reached my limit as a driver. Anyway, good work. :tup:

@Roweer1: I thought the same.
    Go for the top guys, you are quite fast. :cheers:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Roweer1, sdi_03, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  28. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

You are right, thanks. I updated the post.

29. xtrax

xtrax

@sdi_03 please keep your distance , you are too close :lol:
    upload_2021-2-1_21-55-0.png

Well done , great time :cheers:

30. sdi_03

sdi_03

:lol::lol: Thanks. You too! :cheers:
    was thinking when got that lap, that its close what you had. Was really close :lol:
    Did test your tune for rear susp and rear wing.
    Did slight mod for it. Rear swaybar to 1
    I also had front shock comp 56 and rebound 90. Front sway at 9.