"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I decided to focus on Daily Race A as I have never won a race in that variant of Tokyo Expressway before. Managed to do 3 attempts as I tried to get my qualifying time down to at least a 2:27 which I managed to pull a 2:27.6.

First attempt put me on P2 and I avoided an incident that would've ruined the race between me and the pole sitter in the first corner. As soon as I discovered that I wouldn't able to make it in terms of braking, I decided to intentionally hit the wall on turn 1 to slow myself down and despite getting a 1.5 sec penalty for hitting the barrier, I managed to hold on to P2. Not a bad result.

Second attempt and this time it put me on P3 but sadly I got DC'd after the first lap. Not that I didn't lose much since I was doing the Daily Race on my alt account.

Third and last attempt is where I was put into pole position and was treated to a somewhat good battle for first place up until the end where I managed to hold on and get a win.

As much as I'm somewhat bummed that the loaner N200 car given for Daily A is the Clio, the combo's alright.

Here's a video of my third attempt for today.

Had more than three hours of great racing Saturday morning in race A. Wish I'd had more time to race last week, that combo was quite nice.

Not sure about this week, i do love those clio v6's though....
I was only able to race over the weekend as well. Miss the race A crew but weekdays are kinda difficult for me now with work. There has never been a bad combo at Goodwood. We will see how the Clio at Tokyo works out this week

Jumped in for 3 C’s today. Expected a wreck-fest with the combination of fast cars and a tight track….but miraculously it’s been the opposite. Still, true to Brands Hatch form, if you keep it on the island and out of the sand box for the duration of the race…. You’re pretty much guaranteed a good finish

Nice to have a Daily that suits me this week! I love slinging the Clio around, and that Tokyo layout is one of my favorite tracks. I love the flow of it.

Bumped my Alt account up each of the four races I put in, after meeting my K' target and then some with a decent lap that put me in the top 50, at least for a moment (though I still have another 0.5 sec in me, at least) , and and now knocking on A+ rating... fingers crossed. Ended today's session with a really fun, close win, after the other guy made the smallest of mistakes on the exit of the final hairpin, and I held serve through the last sector. With a lobby full of clean racers, this week's Race A is a lot of fun.

1631575645228.png

Based on today’s qualifying session, there is a slim chance I’m going to attempt Race C this week. I can’t keep my car on the track as I tend run wide on almost every turn at Brands Hatch and lose control of it. Complete frustration on my part. I don’t want that to happen during an actual race and ruin a potential good run. Even if I can keep it on track, my pace is going to be way off since I’m still a second behind my “K-Score” target time. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow and see if I can improve. If not, I’ll try out race A as that seems fun.

Based on today’s qualifying session, there is a slim chance I’m going to attempt Race C this week. I can’t keep my car on the track as I tend run wide on almost every turn at Brands Hatch and lose control of it. Complete frustration on my part. I don’t want that to happen during an actual race and ruin a potential good run. Even if I can keep it on track, my pace is going to be way off since I’m still a second behind my “K-Score” target time. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow and see if I can improve. If not, I’ll try out race A as that seems fun.
Try reducing your entry speed and shift your vision forward a bit. Braking a bit earlier and coasting helps me in the back half. Also try increasing sensitivity settings. Quick response is paramount.

I have an “interesting” relationship with Race C this week. In FP I am quick for my level (1:15.703) and can run consistently in the high 15s for half an hour. Hot lapping Brands in group 2 cars is really good fun.

In race I am routinely losing 20-30 seconds due to mistakes and/or contact. It seems I am less able to deal with the combination of dirty air, wearing tyres and aggressive opponents than others.

It doesn’t help that when I go off track it seems to take me 10 seconds to recover/reset whereas everyone else seems to reset virtually immediately.

The car differences are interesting as well. There is a clear trade off between pace and stability in the 16 models my experience. The NSX is clearly the fastest around the track but it gets very unstable in a few key spots. The GTR is next quickest, but a bit more manageable and the Lexus is the slowest to hot lap but the “safest” in race.

I really like this combo, I just wish I was better at it.

Last edited:
Yeah race c is sketchy. Managed a 16 flat and fresh tyre pace is good but once things settled I was just not quite able to run with the top half of the grid. Managed to finish 10th and keep my dr intact by just being really careful and not binning it. Thing is at brands, you do that and you bleed time, but like someone else said, one small error and its 15 seconds.

Try reducing your entry speed and shift your vision forward a bit. Braking a bit earlier and coasting helps me in the back half. Also try increasing sensitivity settings. Quick response is paramount.
I'll give it a shot. I'm being too aggressive around the track the more I think about it. Hopefully I can keep the car under control and not run off into the grass.

Struggling to find the right line on Brands Hatch. This is normally of one my better tracks, but I'm not getting close to the top times at all. Did some 20-25 laps in quali and ended with an official 1:19.690 with combined best of 1:18.8xx. Meanwhile top times are in the 1:14s... I watched the replays and still don't get how they don't spin off track with some of those maneuvers.

I guess I'll slowly try and get more aggressive, but it's pretty sketchy going so far.

Struggling to find the right line on Brands Hatch. This is normally of one my better tracks, but I'm not getting close to the top times at all. Did some 20-25 laps in quali and ended with an official 1:19.690 with combined best of 1:18.8xx. Meanwhile top times are in the 1:14s... I watched the replays and still don't get how they don't spin off track with some of those maneuvers.

I guess I'll slowly try and get more aggressive, but it's pretty sketchy going so far.
Watch the braking of the top times. I’d bet you’re braking too much. These cars handle waaay better with minimal braking.

Two race C in EMEA and two in NA today.
The EMEA are a lot more deliberate dirty than the NA (probably a time zone thing).
My last race in NA started with 11 players, I was P10.
P1 and P2 totally outclassed the rest of us, but the race was fun inspite of many people dropping out and DNF, I still had someone to race all the way through.
17be3582e11-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_417691183318492_1631606184837.jpg
17be3583c4c-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_417691187865456_1631606202599.jpg

Last edited:
Only had time to do a race C and a race A last night.

Race C is a much better combo that expected.
Qualified 13th. Probably a lot more time to extract.
Essentially it was a case of do not go off. I gained 5 or 6 places in the first couple of laps with cars off after Hill, Surtees, Sheene and Clark.
I managed to slip by a Portuguese driver after they recovered from an off. I was then in a 4 car battle for 4th. I played it cool most of the race hoping for accidents ahead. It was mostly clean though with an Italian going off on their own at Hill. I managed to get alongside the Brit ahead coming out of Surtees and they tried to nudge me to the grass a couple of times. When they realised I wasn't budging they stopped. Going down Pilgrim's Drop I decided that whilst I am alongside enough my line may be too narrow and pull out in the braking zone. We have gapped those behind a little and both pit on lap 8.
I come out 6th and for a bit the Brit pulls away a little and the Portuguese from before closes by half a second. After a lap I gain confidence and a smidge of clean air and close back onto the Brit. Again I get a run on them out of Surtees and this time I am further alongside. I am pleased to see that he is fully clean this time. I make no mistake and go up the inside into Hawthorns. I think they were caught in 2 minds whether to concede or hang around the outside. (I did leave room) In the end they drift off and I am given a gap behind. By the end of the next lap I have caught up to 2nd and 3rd. It seems they have tried the no stop and are struggling with the tyres. They fight out of Paddock Hill and there is a space up the inside into Druids. I take it as to avoid braking early but I am still a little too far behind. I am hoping they both drift wide in their fight. They don't and the three of us just about get around without any issue. The I am left side by side with a Spaniard going towards Hill. I am on the outside and I wasn't going to risk going around the outside. I do not know if it was dirty, clumsy or just plain ignorance (unaware) but I get nudged just before the braking zone. Of course this means I have a tyre on the grass and around I go. I spin into the forgotten realm on the outside of Hill. Thankfully I face the right way and can get back going fairly easily. I loose 3 places. Next lap and 2 have gone off. 1 at Surtees and another halfway along the straight. Next lap and the Brit goes wide into Surtees. They ghost and I drive through them. Whilst I can visibly see 3rd get closer I run out of laps and finish a respectable 4th.

Race A was also a lot of fun. 11th to 7th. However annoyed I dropped 6SR. It's the docks. First couple of laps it's a case of slow to not hit the car in front and you get nudged into them anyway from behind.
Also had the hilarity to see a person try to outbrake me into the docks by slamming full pelt into the barriers. :lol:

Race C is really good and sort of cleanish most of the time, but seriously I'm thinking of tanking an alts ratings to play this. Last try I got pushed off 4 times by cars that really should have been ghosted. Normally if you try to sideswipe too harshly you get ghoshed, but here we have cars spinning off that aren't. It's probably a really good race at a level I can't reach, but down here with the plebs it's hit or miss as to whether you get a good race or not.

Brands is weird full stop, it really is suited to much, much slower cars, as in slower than group 4. It's always VERY hard to race there, you need a lot of cooperating to make a pass, i find myself just waiting for accidents.
So true. I remember the one make Honda Integra Type-R round they held for an FIA race was very closely fought with very few of the normal off track moments you see when Gr.4 and Gr.3 run at Brands.

Although the odd dirty driver did spice life up.
130192133_3752384644818214_7385262172612859283_n.jpg

Last edited:
After three weeks off the game, I'm back with a big smile on my face! I got four wins out of six races this morning starting from top 4, but no pole. All of them were very clean.

One win came after an A+ in first had a 1 sec pen to serve in the last lap and I could barely keep him behind in the last sector.
Another good one was when the guy in first miss the exit of the final turn of the final lap. he didn't hit the wall but I carried more speed than him and I win the race by 0.065sec.

Love the Clio, I always do well with it.
The track is also really good.

The draft is MEGA, like a bit too much. It feels like the game is in boost mode.

Watch the braking of the top times. I’d bet you’re braking too much. These cars handle waaay better with minimal braking.
Also, you should anticipate that your time will be further off the top times, in this combo with a Gr2 car and a tough track. It's the norm. So rely on the Blade site if you want to estimate whether your qualifying time is ok or not, but don't be discouraged if you're further off the top times or K' target time for this race compared to normal.

Ah, I wasn't able to make it last week as far as any qualifying goes with the Copen at Goodwood - let alone racing - but fret not, this week's Race A looks like fun, too!

Last edited:
Had a decent run of results at Interlagos including a run of 4 straight 2nd places which is very annoying as I only have 14 wins from nearly 300 finishes.

Did a few races in race C last week and struggled with a poor qualifying time.

I tried a 1P Arcade Race for the Race C combo and felt pretty good about myself. Then I tried chasing Mistah for few laps.

I think the Lexus wants to kill me. I'm going to need way more practice. :lol:

Just did my 1st race since my controller died (received my new one in the mail earlier, today). And I am definitely rusty. I was all over the place during qualifying laps. It took me at least 3 laps with each car I tried to put in a decent lap.

I qualified 12th and finished 11th. I also got a clean race award.

Did 2 more races (all have been DR B). I qualified 12th and finished 9th in the 2nd one (everyone below me and a couple in front of me all disconnected or quit). I spun on the 1st lap because I'd changed my TCS settings without realizing it. I put it down to "0" and I usually don't race with it at "0". But I recovered and thanks to the disconnects and others getting penalties, I finished higher than I should have. I qualified 12th and finished 10th in the 3rd race.

I didn't receive any penalties for any of the races, which I consider a good thing since I haven't raced in about a week. I did accidentally punt a couple people off at the corner after the 1st long straight (once each in race 2 and race 3), but I let them get back ahead of me (right thing to do) so I didn't get the clean race award for those 2 races. But I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
I had some time to qualify for Race C. Super fun. I'm apprehensive to try a race but just driving around in a Gr 2 car on that track is really fun when you're just throwing it into the corners and living on the edge on the exits.

Latest Posts

Back