"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I signed up with Dodge for the final FIA so I'll be running the Vipers at this week's dailies if I get round to doing any (at least I'll run many Q laps in them!). No idea if the Gr.4 will be any good for Race C but the Gr.3 should have the legs for Race B.

I signed up with Dodge for the final FIA so I'll be running the Vipers at this week's dailies if I get round to doing any (at least I'll run many Q laps in them!). No idea if the Gr.4 will be any good for Race C but the Gr.3 should have the legs for Race B.
After your previous comment I took the Viper GR4 out in Race B (Catalunya) a few times and came away very impressed with it. It's got far better handling than I remember from previous titles and was around my Corvette qualy times, making it pretty competitive in the race with a 4th place being the best of the bunch (I'm far too hesitant in the middle sector going up the hill and crossing the crest but that's in any car).

After your previous comment I took the Viper GR4 out in Race B (Catalunya) a few times and came away very impressed with it. It's got far better handling than I remember from previous titles and was around my Corvette qualy times, making it pretty competitive in the race with a 4th place being the best of the bunch (I'm far too hesitant in the middle sector going up the hill and crossing the crest but that's in any car).
I tried it at Catalunya last night and couldn't come anywhere near my Evo or WRX or Genesis times. I think I was having an off night though. I've driven the Gr.4 car a lot in the past and always had really good results with it on big power circuits. Good to hear it matches the Corvette though, that makes sense as they're both fairly similar cars in my experience.

Good idea, going into race B in the DBR9, but will swap out for any others. Pity race C is so bad this week, a meh course and no pit stop.

I signed up with Mitsubishi, and same as you I plan to spend this week to get used to gr4 Lancer in dailies, i did few races B during the weekend, and must tell that its not that bad as I rember;) It should be good on Nurb

I signed up with Mitsubishi, and same as you I plan to spend this week to get used to gr4 Lancer in dailies, i did few races B during the weekend, and must tell that its not that bad as I rember;) It should be good on Nurb
If you can get used to the understeery nature of the handling it's a pretty decent Gr.4 car. The Gr.3 is pretty capable, not the fastest on a power circuit but it's a well-balanced car!

The group 3 car is dog slow. It is extremely stable but i could run faster. I use it at brands, it is very good there as top speed is a non factor.

Every time i use the Group 4 car i grab the WRX and go a second a lap faster. That's just me though, it will be competitive at NGP, always is. NGP is exit, exit, exit, exit and a kerb hop. Expect a ton of lancers and rexes.

Last edited:
Well race C is a bore fest as expected, going to run it one more time to get back to S and then I might do some B's (as it's an OK race, but too short for my liking) or practice for FIA (I never do enough)....could just try and get better at 2K21

The group 3 car is dog slow. It is extremely stable but i could run faster. I use it at brands, it is very good there as top speed is a non factor.

Every time i use the Group 4 car i grab the WRX and go a second a lap faster. That's just me though, it will be competitive at NGP, always is. NGP is exit, exit, exit, exit and a kerb hop. Expect a ton of lancers and rexes.
I've found the Gr.3 to be pretty quick overall. I think maybe in terms of outright speed, yes, but it's easier to drive harder through most corners than some of the cars with higher top speeds, so I've had some pretty strong pace from it in the past. Eg. Spa the other week, the Evo was my fastest Q time by over 0.3s to the next quickest. I think it's just a matter of knowing how to use it. Eg. I can't use the Gr.4 Evo...

I too are using the car I just signed for FIA, the BMW Z4 in race B. There's a sea of GT-R's and they outrun me on most straights, and then I have to slow down in the corners or I will hit them.
The little coupé is actually growing on me .....
Very much an inertia car where trail braking makes a lot of difference.

I too are using the car I just signed for FIA, the BMW Z4 in race B. There's a sea of GT-R's and they outrun me on most straights, and then I have to slow down in the corners or I will hit them.
The little coupé is actually growing on me .....
Very much an inertia car where trail braking makes a lot of difference.
The Z4 is a great car. It's a shame they're not overly competitive due to BOP settings.

Why some cars have been neglected for so long is beyond me, the Z4 and M3 are absolutely useless. Why have them there if you can't use them? I mean you can but good luck.

Took out the cars for race A. The '72 Alpine A110.

That is a wild combo, a test of control, patience and skill. Very stressful and very fun nonetheless. Any tips I can provide would be to definitely use TCS on the start. Keep it in 4th for Graham Hill if you can to keep it stable. And never go no throttle. Keeping some throttle on at all times seems to be the only thing that keeps this car stable. I might let it have a tenth of a second or 2 off throttle for the turn in at druids but otherwise I've got it at 30pct or more the whole time.

Definitely a wild and wooly combo that requires some practice laps before the race.
I really like this race... the little Alpine is a fun car to race. Surprisingly forgiving but requires 'the right' inputs to go fast. Save for the typical Senna helmet wearing idiots divebombing if you try to take the proper line in a race, Race A has some potential to be really fun up front.

I really like this race... the little Alpine is a fun car to race. Surprisingly forgiving but requires 'the right' inputs to go fast. Save for the typical Senna helmet wearing idiots divebombing if you try to take the proper line in a race, Race A has some potential to be really fun up front.
I did 1 Race A. Went exactly as you wrote. Started 4th/finished 6th. Lost about 4 spots on L1/T1 then got stuck behind a game of bumper cars allowing the leaders to get away.

Fun race. If others are racing.

Got in an early 2:13.7 for race B and managed a 5th place in the one race I did. I like the supra but damn can we have something else be meta for once? It's a bit on the boring side to drive.

I think St-Croix is a good track, though those blind downhill corners are straight up DR killers.

I did 1 Race A. Went exactly as you wrote. Started 4th/finished 6th. Lost about 4 spots on L1/T1 then got stuck behind a game of bumper cars allowing the leaders to get away.

Fun race. If others are racing.
Yep, the next race I wiped the prior race's offender off into the gravel on T1/L1 after the start, since he had started next to me, then enjoyed a really fun race amongst the top 3 of us, who were respectful.

But then got rear ended by a guy that can be flakey (but eventually is fast enough that he wins a lot) in the next race, L1T1, spun completely round, and had to claw back up from 8 seconds back in last, to finish 9th, after reaching that bumper cars game, where 5th-8th were battling. So discouraging, to deal with those types.

There just aren't enough players in NA to make it fun in Dailies, if you are A or higher rating.

I'm about to start another Alt just to enjoy it again for a while. I'd rather seal club against slower drivers who I can run away from after racing them than hit my head up against the wall in these types of races. It's a shame.

It's strange they fixing only Spa while leaving other untouched, like Suzuka and Nurburgring. And we had race C with standing starts in the past, why this was scrapped?

Got in an early 2:13.7 for race B and managed a 5th place in the one race I did. I like the supra but damn can we have something else be meta for once? It's a bit on the boring side to drive.

I think St-Croix is a good track, though those blind downhill corners are straight up DR killers.
The Nissan GT-R is quick and a way more fun if you like a car that wobbles and lurches at high speed. :)

Race A
Lol. It's fun to take out the Alpine, even though it's Tokyo Drift as soon as you even glance at the brake pedal. Shout out to @Redneckchef on here mentioning keeping on the throttle at all times, really big help. Don't know how many times I'll do this one, it's a quirky novelty but once the meta guys figure it out it's the kind of race us casuals can't get a look in after say, Tuesday.

Race B
Total blast. Great track to drive, high speed but a little wider than last weeks super fast one giving a bit more room for racing and multiple lines for less chaos (though of course there's still some around). Lovely sky box for this one and views to match. 2.09.4 in the Vantage, happy with that for the time being, best is 3rd, but I can feel a win here this is my kind of track, as opposed to..

Race C
What a slog! 9 laps, really? Not even a pit stop brake for a sip of Jameson in the middle. Not a fan of this track generally, don't hate it but it sure can feel dull as hell, and I'm not particularly quick here which doesn't help. will try it a few times and enjoy some bottom third of the grid racing and try not to bin it out of frustration in the middle of one of those 3 hour long corners.

---Edit---

Got a cracking shot out of binning it in turn 1 at Brands, amazing what you can produce so easily in this game:

FCAJp6cX0AA-8PH.jpg

Last edited:
Well I want to reach the platinum trophy in GT Sport. As I get my deiver rating down I am able to farm some wins this week.
5 races, 3 wins and then I drive some race B and just drive at the back of field without a time for a weaker group in C.

For having less than 150 horsepower, the Alpine A110 S sure does feel fast - and dangerous, haha! I got a clean Q7/P5 in a race with @BenRod in it, and that’s after losing a few positions on the first lap! It’s definitely a car that demands your attention, even though I beat my recommended KudosPrime time.

EDIT: Looks like as of this edit, I’m in the top 100 for my region, with a time of 0:56.715!

Last edited:
I signed up with Dodge for the final FIA so I'll be running the Vipers at this week's dailies if I get round to doing any (at least I'll run many Q laps in them!). No idea if the Gr.4 will be any good for Race C but the Gr.3 should have the legs for Race B. If you can get used to the understeery nature of the handling it's a pretty decent Gr.4 car. The Gr.3 is pretty capable, not the fastest on a power circuit but it's a well-balanced car!
The advice I spoke of about practice holds true with the Viper. The Gr. 4 Mustang has similar understeer feeling. This is one of the times I also mention using brake bias. Moving the bias back (+1/2) helps by not throwing so much inertia onto the front tires. It will help the car feel stable if braking in a straight line, maybe a bit loose if you attempt to trailbrake. Also, when exiting a higher speed corner, learn to modulate the throttle. Might need to apply & release a few times to help the front tires to grip if you feel it wash out.
Trust me, if I can win in it, anybody can. You may be right that it isn't the best to qualify with, but it's not bad in race.

OJbrit
The Nissan GT-R is quick and a way more fun if you like a car that wobbles and lurches at high speed. :)

The last time I ran the GT-R in a daily, I swear the Gr. 3 had more understeer than the Viper or Mustang. :ill:

Been wrecking it on my Euro Alt in Daily C. My qually is only average with a 2:05, but it’s satisfying charging through a sea of Subaru’s and Lancer’s in my 458. Grinded for a good 3-1/2 hours today to try and get this acct to A before FIA starts this Wednesday. I’m at 25K right now. I think I’ll make it by the skin of my teeth. The racing itself is a mixed bag of dirty and clean….mainly clean surprisingly enough.

I always run well at NGP, no exceptions today as I ran a 2.05.3 which puts me in the top 30pc of A drivers. Did one race, its a bit of a slog as there's soooooooo much understeer but finished where I should have so to speak.

So I cannot get anything within a second of the wrx, not even the Lancer. It is quickly becoming the group 4 meta.

I always run well at NGP, no exceptions today as I ran a 2.05.3 which puts me in the top 30pc of A drivers. Did one race, its a bit of a slog as there's soooooooo much understeer but finished where I should have so to speak.

So I cannot get anything within a second of the wrx, not even the Lancer. It is quickly becoming the group 4 meta.
Keep me posted. My legs have been way too sore to have tried it out but I will get on at some point. But either way, I know that Gr 4 isn't as well balanced as Gr 3 so even if I have to use the WRX for the quali, I'd like to get a gauge on what cars are decent for the race. Doesn't seem like tire wear should be an issue.

Judging by the grids and what the forum is saying, I might have to grab the Scooby and grind out a qually lap tomorrow. I know I have some more speed left in me with the 458, but I struggle immensely in the stadium portion of the track and I’m just hemorrhaging time there. I think the WRX will be the magic elixir for that section

The advice I spoke of about practice holds true with the Viper. The Gr. 4 Mustang has similar understeer feeling. This is one of the times I also mention using brake bias. Moving the bias back (+1/2) helps by not throwing so much inertia onto the front tires. It will help the car feel stable if braking in a straight line, maybe a bit loose if you attempt to trailbrake. Also, when exiting a higher speed corner, learn to modulate the throttle. Might need to apply & release a few times to help the front tires to grip if you feel it wash out.
Trust me, if I can win in it, anybody can. You may be right that it isn't the best to qualify with, but it's not bad in race.

My comments were actually aimed at the Evo - the Gr.4 Evo handles like a tank until you get used to the understeer. The Viper, on the other hand, has brilliant turn-in and it's stable enough to push really hard through most corners. I usually run it at BB -1, just to give the front end a little more bite into the corners.

I didn't have the freedom to jump into any races last night (dad duty with an 8-month old...) but I did run a bunch of Q laps in Race B in my new FIA-ready Viper. Unfamiliarity with the track meant my first few laps were over 2:15, but I've managed to kick that down to 2:10.1XX after about 10 laps or so. I had one lap going where I would have posted a 2:09.3XX but I messed up the final corner, cutting it too tight but also running wide, clipping the wall to slow me down AND getting a penalty! But it's definitely got 2:09, if not 2:08 potential in the right hands.

Latest Posts

Back