"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I can't seem to improve my N24 QT. Same since Monday.

But what I find cool every time I run the ring is how close checkpoint times get lap after lap. ie. I'm about 2 seconds off yesterday. But every lap this morning is, within about .2 sec. So weird.

Having not done Dailies in months before this week - Race A is a disaster. If you're not on pole then you'll be pushed wide if you're on the outside, turned into if you're on the inside, weaved across if you're behind and punted if you're ahead.

Did 1 evening Race C. Started 5th/finished 13th. Pretty blah. But did get some nice action in.

@DarkSideNet that was a beautiful pass on the straight. My race was worth it just for that. :cheers:

Watched the replay, there were 3 of us that knew each other in that race and we all got into it with the same jerk (White/Yellow Supra). Other than that 1 player every one else was driving really, really well.

Last edited:
As the week goes on, I found more and more pace on the Nurb. I always see this track like a rally stage, you better lose half a second in tricky corners than lose 15 sec by pushing too much. So I went from a 8.24 best racing lap at the beginning of the week to a 8.19 yesterday. The I went all in in qualification and got a 8.14.0

51707314360_01e597d833_z.jpg

Racing from the back, I'm always respectful of the car in front of me because I know I'm not going to win this, I just want to have fun fighting with other driver. But following one particular A+ driver yesterday, one thing came to mind:

truck plow GIF

It's even worse if there are two

As the week goes on, I found more and more pace on the Nurb. I always see this track like a rally stage, you better lose half a second in tricky corners than lose 15 sec by pushing too much. So I went from a 8.24 best racing lap at the beginning of the week to a 8.19 yesterday. The I went all in in qualification and got a 8.14.0

51707314360_01e597d833_z.jpg
2e is 2nd in French? For deux ème. Had to look that up. Probably taught us that in French class and I wasn't paying attention. :)

I was excited about racing the Nürburgring a bunch more this week, but other drivers are making it less enjoyable with their constant attempts to force passes on everyone else where they shouldn't. There is no patience from anyone as compared to the past two days. It also doesn't help I got punted heading into the Nordschleife in my second race today and fell so far behind I couldn't catch up. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. On to Tokyo next week for me.
As the week goes on, I found more and more pace on the Nurb. I always see this track like a rally stage, you better lose half a second in tricky corners than lose 15 sec by pushing too much.
I just had that same thought today. I might lose some time taking corners a bit slower or lifting the throttle to not lose control, but that beats running off-track and losing even more time.

I race clean. Always. But I'm sorry, if you are in a Race C at the Ring, and are holding me up from the start while you have 1 bar network connection, so that I can't even drive within two meters of you, you're going into the sand if I get a chance. I'm not having you ruin my 30 minutes like that. Get it sorted out or stay offline. It's a no-win situation for the rest of us.

That said, this week's Race C is really fun. Enjoying fighting for podiums from mid-field at the A/B DR cutline... really a challenge with the tire wear and track conditions. Had a podium in hand on the last lap when I got just the slightest bit careless and dropped a wheel... and later was set up for a slingshot on the last long straight but hopped that last tricky right hander "just enough" to upset the car and lost the slipstream... game over and settled for 5th. ...it's just so unforgiving, and in a good way. Lots of fun.

Last edited:
Well since I like N24, although it's better in slower cars. I thought I'd try this week. 4 fights later I'm out. I even qualified and was on pole yet couldn't make the first corner clean. Good luck everyone I think that's enough for me though. Might be back in a year or so if there ever is a pen sys. Definitely won't be getting GT7 though, not in this state.
Dude thats what racing is all about! Have you seen formula 1 at all in the first corner??? Cars crash, touch, push, and etc..... Its normal for that to happen, what matters most is that you hold your ground and set consistent lap times! I love the nudging and the pushing in racing, its all aboit agressive driving and trying to win! If thats not your thing, then go make your own races and make your own rules.

I race clean. Always. But I'm sorry, if you are in a Race C at the Ring, and are holding me up from the start while you have 1 bar network connection, so that I can't even drive within two meters of you, you're going into the sand if I get a chance. I'm not having you ruin my 30 minutes like that. Get it sorted out or stay offline. It's a no-win situation for the rest of us.

That said, this week's Race C is really fun. Enjoying fighting for podiums from mid-field at the A/B DR cutline... really a challenge with the tire wear and track conditions. Had a podium in hand on the last lap when I got just the slightest bit careless and dropped a wheel... and later was set up for a slingshot on the last long straight but hopped that last tricky right hander "just enough" to upset the car and lost the slipstream... game over and settled for 5th. ...it's just so unforgiving, and in a good way. Lots of fun.
Thats what true racing feels like! I cant wait for GT7!!!

Dude thats what racing is all about! Have you seen formula 1 at all in the first corner??? Cars crash, touch, push, and etc..... Its normal for that to happen, what matters most is that you hold your ground and set consistent lap times! I love the nudging and the pushing in racing, its all aboit agressive driving and trying to win! If thats not your thing, then go make your own races and make your own rules.
The game states explicitly that racing is a non-contact sport. I don't mind some rubbing but the dive-bombs and T-boning that goes on in game since they unexplainable dropped the penalty system is more wreckfest than racing.
So @Norrin Radd doesn't need to make his own races with his own rules. His rules are what sport racing should be, it's the crashing and ramming that doesn't belong and need to make their own races.

If GT7 haven't got a proper penalty system it will be an expensive coaster.

The game states explicitly that racing is a non-contact sport. I don't mind some rubbing but the dive-bombs and T-boning that goes on in game since they unexplainable dropped the penalty system is more wreckfest than racing.
So @Norrin Radd doesn't need to make his own races with his own rules. His rules are what sport racing should be, it's the crashing and ramming that doesn't belong and need to make their own races.

If GT7 haven't got a proper penalty system it will be an expensive coaster.

well well well, I see the potential, that this topic could devide us threadmembers in 2 groups.
But, I guess, someone who takes his/her time to register here and post comments is not our typical race destroyer, who thinks he/she is above all. I don't think @nicoatencio97 applauds to a driver, who doesn't care when to break and - to a divebomber (in short). it's just the degree of aggressiveness and don't forget about the circumstances in each bump, that had send one of us out.
e.g. I had a gr.3 race at RBR. I was right behind a McLaren F1 for half a lap. than came the sharp right hander uphill, (sorry for not knowing the name) , me driving the BMW Z4 (b.t.w. 4 me-z4 best alt to the supra GR), about 50m before my breaking point I go right, out of his sling/draft?, at least I tried, I don't know how fast it all happened, he slammed the breaks, me too (not at my br.p. yet) I bump him, with maybe 8kmh more than him and send him to the moon,. I felt awful, but not guilty. my intentions were good, I love passing opponents without touchy touchy, as it's supposed to.... I'm sorry for the long example writing, which eventually led to my honest and honourable intended ;-) question. "don't you guys find yourself in such a situation at least once in every race? "be it as accidental offender or victim.

a complete clean race, would be nice , maybe once, twice, but after that a bit boring and to dependable on the car choice. and @nicoatencio97 is kinda right about formula 1, moreso the old German DTM, like in the mid ninetys, I remember going to a race with my family (I was like 6yo), on the way home, I was a bit scared in my mom's car backseat, cause I saw a car being squeezed between this black Sierra cosworth and the Leitplanke (track boundary metal thingy) , and all those grinding and shredding noises, everytime a group passed.
last sentence - when I'm in the Fat ,strong, heavy-Oink oink -Veyron and a Scirocco won't let me pass and swerves at me, to push me back or to the wall/grass, I think I should be paid for teaching him/her a valuable lesson....oh and dear sir @RacingGrandpa, I didn't meant to discredit your completely right and true comment, that the rules are quite clear, but to me , it became to theoretical (0 contact)

well well well, I see the potential, that this topic could devide us threadmembers in 2 groups.
But, I guess, someone who takes his/her time to register here and post comments is not our typical race destroyer, who thinks he/she is above all. I don't think @nicoatencio97 applauds to a driver, who doesn't care when to break and - to a divebomber (in short). it's just the degree of aggressiveness and don't forget about the circumstances in each bump, that had send one of us out.
e.g. I had a gr.3 race at RBR. I was right behind a McLaren F1 for half a lap. than came the sharp right hander uphill, (sorry for not knowing the name) , me driving the BMW Z4 (b.t.w. 4 me-z4 best alt to the supra GR), about 50m before my breaking point I go right, out of his sling/draft?, at least I tried, I don't know how fast it all happened, he slammed the breaks, me too (not at my br.p. yet) I bump him, with maybe 8kmh more than him and send him to the moon,. I felt awful, but not guilty. my intentions were good, I love passing opponents without touchy touchy, as it's supposed to.... I'm sorry for the long example writing, which eventually led to my honest and honourable intended ;-) question. "don't you guys find yourself in such a situation at least once in every race? "be it as accidental offender or victim.

a complete clean race, would be nice , maybe once, twice, but after that a bit boring and to dependable on the car choice. and @nicoatencio97 is kinda right about formula 1, moreso the old German DTM, like in the mid ninetys, I remember going to a race with my family (I was like 6yo), on the way home, I was a bit scared in my mom's car backseat, cause I saw a car being squeezed between this black Sierra cosworth and the Leitplanke (track boundary metal thingy) , and all those grinding and shredding noises, everytime a group passed.
last sentence - when I'm in the Fat ,strong, heavy-Oink oink -Veyron and a Scirocco won't let me pass and swerves at me, to push me back or to the wall/grass, I think I should be paid for teaching him/her a valuable lesson....oh and dear sir @RacingGrandpa, I didn't meant to discredit your completely right and true comment, that the rules are quite clear, but to me , it became to theoretical (0 contact)
I did say I don't mind the rubbing and I don't expect a race game where there's no risk involved to be free of contact.
I too remember the old DTM and looking back that is not what I want from the game....

I have experienced many times what you describe in your example, but if it happens every race you are unfortunately taking too much risk, bordering on dirty.

Finally got a Race C run without being shoved off into the gravel before even getting to the nord, basically out of it at that point.

Started 8th, finished 5th, pretty eventful as expected but I honestly don't mind the tire wear later as the chaos is typically over by then and it's easier to find your lines consistently with more space.

Track looking fantastic and a fun drive now that I'm familiar with it again. Will probably give it a couple more runs tomorrow, if I could only find more confidence in that section between the big 'paved' hairpin and the final right before the straight, I seem to lose so much time there. That area feels like it has no distinguishing parts or features unlike other areas of the track that you can memorise the turn sequences easier.

8574871360027754520_0.jpg

I present this as an exhibit of how good and fun racing on GT Sport can be, if both drivers are skilled enough and fair, clean, racers.

This was a riot. Bumper to bumper over much of the last lap at the 'Ring, in Race C, for 2nd place, while pulling away from the field behind us. No contact (except for the first hard left, where he was actually trying to let me past... I didn't want to be gifted it).

Thrilling to play the game when this is how it shakes out. Look how close it was at the line, after 270-some turns... what a blast.

This was in a low-A DR lobby, on my alt-alt.

Respect to the guy in the Supra!

Last edited:
I present this as an exhibit of how good and fun racing on GT Sport can be, if both drivers are skilled enough and fair, clean, racers.

This was a riot. Bumper to bumper over much of the last lap at the 'Ring, in Race C, for 2nd place, while pulling away from the field behind us. No contact (except for the first hard left, where he was actually trying to let me past... I didn't want to be gifted it).

Thrilling to play the game when this is how it shakes out. Look how close it was at the line, after 270-some turns... what a blast.

This was in a low-A DR lobby, on my alt-alt.

Respect to the guy in the Supra!

Good race from both of you. He didn't crack under pressure and you didn't put a foot wrong. It's so hard to follow a car in close proximity on this track. It's fast and you can't see well, half a wheel on the grass and you're dead.

Seeing you switching camera make me wish PD implement the replay feature. I wish we can have all different car cam map on specific button so we can jump from one specific camera to TV camera for example. That way we can do a nice edit live while watching the replay easily. But no PD don't want to ear from their fan base. They want to do things their way.

A souvenir of a nice race
51708710833_ec40c034a3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Ran a couple "B" races earlier today. Both were.....OK. Nothing too dramatic; but I did get hit a couple times and knocked out of contention for either a top 5 or podium spot. I ran a "C" race, yesterday. I started 7th and finished.....14th? 15th? I don't know, somewhere towards the bottom. It was a disaster. I got spun twice and wound up basically mimicking another driver who'd also spun twice. Since my DR is low, I'm in lobbies with some pretty bad drivers (including myself, apparently). And I think most of them don't really care about their DR, they just want to push someone off the track any chance they get. That said, that was my 1 and only "C" race this go-round. I'm OK with no other drivers close to me. But when I start getting banged around, especially on that track, it just makes for a horrible experience.

But, I just did some more qualifying for "B", and I knocked about 1.5 seconds off my original time. I decided to run another race. I started in 5th/4th (someone either quit or DC'd during the pre-race grid.....thing). So I remained where I was (in the 5th spot), but actually started 4th. At turn 2, I moved up into 2nd thanks to 2 and 3 running wide. At turn 5, P1 ran wide and I took the inside line easily for the pass. From there, it was just maintaining the position, not making any mistakes, and bringing it home for the win. Which I did. That gave me my 3rd win. I did have the fastest lap, but someone beat it by about .01 of a second. I finished the race 5.5+ seconds ahead of P2. It felt good to get a win and also a clean race award. I did get a swipe with P3 at turn 2, but it was nothing major as I had the inside line and he'd run just a tiny bit wide and was turning back in to save it from going off the track (that's the point where I gained 2 positions).

Just really enjoying Race C... The 'Ring is spectacular in this setup.

Congrats on the podium good sir!
Thanks, Man! Your FP time was a real attention-getter... I told you in our practice session that day that you'd destroy my pace there... that's a technical driver's track and rewards the fast guys with good times. Hope your FIA race went well.
Good race from both of you. He didn't crack under pressure and you didn't put a foot wrong. It's so hard to follow a car in close proximity on this track. It's fast and you can't see well, half a wheel on the grass and you're dead.

Seeing you switching camera make me wish PD implement the replay feature. I wish we can have all different car cam map on specific button so we can jump from one specific camera to TV camera for example. That way we can do a nice edit live while watching the replay easily. But no PD don't want to ear from their fan base. They want to do things their way.

A souvenir of a nice race
I was thinking the same... I swear the old GT used to have a cinema-type replay mode that would automatically scroll thru the optional views, including the third-party cameras like GT Sport shows in the YT feeds in races... maybe I'm remembering wrong.

It is a ton of fun to run on the alt and practice close-quarters combat like that... really makes having an alt at a slightly lower DR worth it... you can sharpen skills instead of pushing your abilities. That was one of the most fun races I've had... being so close and trusting him to be on point and knowing he trusted me was a blast. And yep, he didn't make a mistake. I made THE SMALLEST one on the last right hander heading onto Döttingher Höhe cost me the slipstream opportunity, which was what I was counting on, and he held court headed through the last section. What a fun race.

I've dropped a couple wheels at that race this week, so to run a clean lap just meters off the guy ahead, and know that we were stretching our gap to the rest (though unable to attack the leader!) was rewarding.

Grabbed a 2nd and a 4th in races after that, which were also fun races. Going to have to 'manage' the DR back down on that account to keep it linked with a friend IRL, so I can race with him, but what a great combo.

Thanks, Man! Your FP time was a real attention-getter... I told you in our practice session that day that you'd destroy my pace there... that's a technical driver's track and rewards the fast guys with good times. Hope your FIA race went well.
Thanks, man. It took some work to put up that time. It's easy to make clean laps there but "fast" times really take some finesse and good trail braking.

I did the first slot today. Quali P1 finished P1 even off pace a bit but I'm happy with my first FIA win and should maintain #1 in my state. Strategy worked good and I only had traffic for one lap which is also good considering I didn't get any practice races in prior. Lol

I'll be prepping for Willow if you see my lobby up.

I also miss the daily races and chatting dearly but being new to most tracks I really need to devote practice to FIA if I want to roll with the big boys when GT7 drops. (Or at least try to)

I uploaded an IOTW candidate in my last race tonight. Total jerk bumped me at BBB while I was 3rd & made me bump into the 2nd place car. He skated by, picking up 2 places while the car in 2nd dropped to 4th. I wasn't going to be able to catch him before the checkered flag. However, for the second night in a row, I got brake checked. He did it right before the finish line. Not expecting it, I didn't have time to swerve. I hit him, he ghosted, & then I get rear-ended by 4th. That "assist" from 4th pushed me ahead of the ghosted brake checker & I was given 2nd place. :lol: I'll post a quick clip from YT tomorrow. I even took a race photo showing 4th place merged with my car & crossing the finish line before my car crossed. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Righto, here it is, my first ever video post here in 16 odd years on this awesome forum!
I feel these are my best ever laps of the ‘ring, not including the spin obviously!
A high grid position really helps...
Logitech G29 on a home built pine frame

Last edited:
I've managed 1 win each now in the Jag, Corvette, and Viper on race B (I qualified in the Scirocco though - putting me 2nd to 4th on most races)

In races where I get the first half a lap spot on it gives just enough of a gap to keep clean racers behind, or a chance to pass going down the hill. If I get torpedoed or pushed wide I get swallowed up by a sea of eFFin FFs.

Righto, here it is, my first ever video post here in 16 odd years on this awesome forum!
I feel these are my best ever laps of the ‘ring, not including the spin obviously!
A high grid position really helps...
Logitech G29 on a home built pine frame

That spin barely cost you 10 sec max.

Had a disastrous race this morning. Started 5th, followed a car too close and spun myself. From there, everything went against me and I finished last. Next two races went better, one of them 3rd from a second place on the grid, i'll take it.

Overall I had more good races than bad races this week. 3 podium out of 7 races with a QT.

I always like the Ring. This was my fifth week of daily races there. This week all of my "Americas" races were in A/A+ splits and these are my takeaways:
  • My record entering this week was 0 wins for 59 entries. It now stands at 0/66.
  • I simply do not have both pace and the ability to run mistake-free. I paid for it in DR. It was worth the price.
  • I need more practice and I need to wean myself off TCS=2. My normal mode is to learn a track with TCS off but it was too tough here. TCS does cut your power significantly on some of the high speed turns/kinks.
  • No-qual starting is hard and it is important to be respectful and judge the pace of the lower qualifiers. I tried this for a few races but I was causing more trouble when I misjudged.
  • Most players were fair with incidental contact much in the spirit of @KosmoKazi 's comments earlier in the week. A little jostling is natural in this combo.
  • There are some fast players who are also absolute pricks. You know who you are - Royal D*k* of Nuclear proportions and Lost Uncle with a bad flag.
  • In my opinion it is the crown jewel of the game. It reflects a real life circuit, it is unlike any of the other tracks, it is long, and it requires you to refine all aspects of your game.
  • Got to see @Mc_Yavel and @D_Dragline out there. Very impressive.

See you next time.

Last edited:
Back