"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I'll be skipping the next 2 FIA rounds due to time constraints and doing some dailies. Yay to be back!

Alsace seems pretty fun in practice so far. For some reason I love blind corners and funky elevation changes in them. as usual I'll have a practice lobby up but I'm not sure which track condition the race will be until it goes live.

Last edited:
Man, that wall penalty on "B" is a killer. Even if you hit an inside wall, 1 that doesn't help your speed but actually hinders it, you get a 1.5 second penalty. I can see getting a penalty for actually wall riding or hitting an outside wall. But to get a penalty for hitting a wall that slows you down is a bit much. I like the race and I like the cars on that track; but the penalty sensitivity on it are almost unbearable. Yeah, I could just not hit the wall and therefore not get any penalties. But sometimes it's unavoidable. Especially if you're trying to avoid hitting another car or you get pushed into the wall (like what happened in the race I just ran).

Man, that wall penalty on "B" is a killer. Even if you hit an inside wall, 1 that doesn't help your speed but actually hinders it, you get a 1.5 second penalty. I can see getting a penalty for actually wall riding or hitting an outside wall. But to get a penalty for hitting a wall that slows you down is a bit much. I like the race and I like the cars on that track; but the penalty sensitivity on it are almost unbearable. Yeah, I could just not hit the wall and therefore not get any penalties. But sometimes it's unavoidable. Especially if you're trying to avoid hitting another car or you get pushed into the wall (like what happened in the race I just ran).
It's a big challenge while racing without qualifying. Someone at PD must have said, what is the worst place we can put the penalty zone, lets put it right in front of a tricky high speed entry corner! Every lap there are cars unghosting, sometimes 2, 3 wide. Always compromising your corner entry if you can even avoid them.

I made it to A/S yesterday during school hours. After the schools were out race quality deteriorated rapidly and your SR goes down when you hit a car that hits the wall in front of you. Often there is no possible way to avoid that while riding the train through the windy bit. So by 7 PM I was reset to 15K, now B/B. The amount of SR to gain is negligible to the loss of running into the back of a wall bouncer.

And the loveliest penalty is getting launched into the wall at the tight 180 and get a 1.5 sec penalty for colliding with the wall.

It's very satisfying to nail those laps though. I have my lap time down to the 57s while by myself, hit a 56 once or twice with drafting. I managed a few victories without qualifying as well, yet that depends mostly on luck. Just the right amount of people getting pulled back by penalties yet not so many that there's no one to draft and the front pulls away.

It's a big challenge while racing without qualifying. Someone at PD must have said, what is the worst place we can put the penalty zone, lets put it right in front of a tricky high speed entry corner! Every lap there are cars unghosting, sometimes 2, 3 wide. Always compromising your corner entry if you can even avoid them.

I made it to A/S yesterday during school hours. After the schools were out race quality deteriorated rapidly and your SR goes down when you hit a car that hits the wall in front of you. Often there is no possible way to avoid that while riding the train through the windy bit. So by 7 PM I was reset to 15K, now B/B. The amount of SR to gain is negligible to the loss of running into the back of a wall bouncer.

And the loveliest penalty is getting launched into the wall at the tight 180 and get a 1.5 sec penalty for colliding with the wall.

It's very satisfying to nail those laps though. I have my lap time down to the 57s while by myself, hit a 56 once or twice with drafting. I managed a few victories without qualifying as well, yet that depends mostly on luck. Just the right amount of people getting pulled back by penalties yet not so many that there's no one to draft and the front pulls away.
I've noticed that about the time-0f-day races, too. My normal racing time is at night (after 7:00pm). I've been on vacation this week, but I've been working mainly on getting Christmas decorations put up. We have a LOT, so it takes a while, lol. I'm almost done, though. But it has allowed me to stay up later to get in more racing. Although I have to go back to work on Monday, so my times will be limited, again.

The last incident I posted about in my previous thread was 1 where I'd had a clean race up to that point. I'm coming up to the final turn before the home stretch. I"m behind a Corvette (I'm in the Mustang; handles really well and is easy to drive, for me) with a.....GT-R(?) behind me. It may have been an Aston Martin, I can't really remember. Anyway.....I'm coming up to that turn, and I hit the brakes at the normal braking zone. The Corvette is already in the turn and I'm about .5 second behind. I hit the brakes, down-shift, start to turn, and I get rammed from behind. I go into the wall, get a 1.5 second penalty, and then used as a shield for the rammer to make their turn a lot faster than normal. That was on lap 4. Thankfully the person who hit me got a penalty later on lap 5 and I was able to pass them when they served their penalty. I also passed the Corvette as it seemed like he slowed down coming up to the finish line. I don't know why, though. I got in his slipstream and passed him about 2 seconds before the finish line. But that 1 penalty (which wasn't even my fault) caused me to lose a little bit of DR. No SR lost, thankfully. But losing DR isn't what I need. Especially since 'm trying to climb out of the cellar. I'm still at a C rating, but I'd like to get back up to at least a B so I'd have a better chance at better lobbies.

If a faster driver comes up behind you.....DON'T BLOCK THEM THEN PUT THEM IN THE WALL WHEN THEY FINALLY TRY TO PASS! Especially if you're about to serve a penalty and get passed by 3 or 4 other drivers, anyway.

Dumb idiot would NOT move so I could pass, He then moved over enough for me to pass, then puts me in the wall and causes me to get a penalty.I then get all sorts of out of shape thanks to that and I hit the opposite wall a little bit further down the track while I was trying to stay out of the way of oncoming traffic. I was having a clean race up to then. And we were on the final lap.

I'm talking about race "B" at Tokyo in case you were wondering. I swear, some people are complete idiots.

And of course my DR takes a nosedive thanks to that incident.

Have to say I'm going to miss Race C, what a treat it has been. Sadly being on lates this week I've not had the time I would like to run it often but back on this weekend for a few more goes as much as family time allows. Not expecting another win, though still pretty competitive, just driving around here in this car is a pleasure and immersive experience right down to fighting with the wheel to get the thing round and having to be careful on the throttle with all that torque wanting to jet off at any second.

Racing has been relatively clean, they can take some banging and most people are battling with the car too much to try and take out others anyway.

Will be running this lovely original but period styled livery from @roy1114king for a bit of extra nostalgia

7710744283302593584_23.jpg

7277843455385010192_0.jpg

Have to say I'm going to miss Race C, what a treat it has been.
I agree. Even with the car's uncontrollable state it can be satisfying to drive after getting the hang of it. There was one case where I didn't fuel up by mistake. Just short-shifting and setting the fuel map to 3 gave me a win somehow.
full

full

As for Race B, when choosing the Ford GT instead of the McLaren F1, I've realised that I joined the "meta"verse.
full

Sure I may be a fool for losing 2k DR in a single day, all because of the pace of the F1 was too much to for the GT, but it was fun nonetheless. Not as much as Race C though. The penalties made me too anxious at every turn.
full

Next week's (tomorrow's) Race B will be my recovery zone, hopefully.

As for Race B, when choosing the Ford GT instead of the McLaren F1, I've realised that I joined the "meta"verse.
full

Sure I may be a fool for losing 2k DR in a single day, all because of the pace of the F1 was too much to for the GT, but it was fun nonetheless. Not as much as Race C though. The penalties made me too anxious at every turn.
full

Next week's (tomorrow's) Race B will be my recovery zone, hopefully.
I'm surprised we haven't queued up each other on Daily Race B yet given that I have been there for the whole week due to me recovering my DR. And yes that is what we call the "meta"verse.

Also out of those drivers on the grid, at least 4-5 of those I encountered them commonly.

Speaking of fellow GTP users being queued up on dailies, yesterday I got queued with fellow GTP user @ShiftingGears via Daily Race B.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211204181724.png

I'm surprised we haven't queued up each other on Daily Race B yet given that I have been there for the whole week due to me recovering my DR. And yes that is what we call the "meta"verse.
I think it's because of two things, my qualification time being slower than yours and the reduction in the SR points after a single collision penalty from today.

I think it's because of two things, my qualification time being slower than yours and the reduction in the SR points after a single collision penalty from today.
That is a bummer on the second point. Had that experience too during this week and it was big to the point where I ended up going to a low DR grid.

Still I hope someday we get queued together again. I still remember that race we had around Le Mans with the Group C cars and it was fun.

I did a lot of race B yesterday but I can't get back to SR.S while racing from the back. I get a few clean races in a row and then there's the inevitable unavoidable wall bouncer in front of me or pile up in the tunnel. Hit their bumper and there goes your SR again.

Matchmaking is a joke as well, when I get to SR.A it all breaks down and I get matched with nearly a full room of D/S (as high DR.B SR.A myself) They drive 'cleaner' against others but are the most clumsy when it comes to the walls.

SR aside I was getting fastest lap in nearly every race and got a bunch of victories from the back. I have my lap time down to a mid to low 57 without interference, mostly finish second. But then SR.A comes along to send me back down. Matchmaking is so 'unfair', no matter where I was on the DR / SR ladder, there's always a '57 or '58 on pole in front of a bunch of much slower drivers. (mostly DR.D). Chase the rabbit races is the norm. Good thing I like chasing rabbits :lol:

I briefly made it to SR.S this morning, do not want to be there. It's even worse than SR.A in the back. Too dirty. Somehow they know how to bump pass you at the 180, send you wide losing multiple spots and you end up with red SR, they with blue? Back to SR.B after getting mangled in SR.S. SR.S is a bunch of dirt bags starting in the backfield.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm going to miss Race C, what a treat it has been. Sadly being on lates this week I've not had the time I would like to run it often but back on this weekend for a few more goes as much as family time allows. Not expecting another win, though still pretty competitive, just driving around here in this car is a pleasure and immersive experience right down to fighting with the wheel to get the thing round and having to be careful on the throttle with all that torque wanting to jet off at any second.

Racing has been relatively clean, they can take some banging and most people are battling with the car too much to try and take out others anyway.

Will be running this lovely original but period styled livery from @roy1114king for a bit of extra nostalgia

View attachment 1097876

View attachment 1097877
I'd like to get a few races in on this week's "C", but with my DR where it is (dropped down to D, thanks to yesterday's race at Tokyo 😐 ), the lobbies I'd be in would be total spin-fests.

And regarding liveries, I have several that I made that are all from that era. I kind of wish they'd keep running those cars so we could see more and more of those old liveries.....but use only original tracks (Interlagos, Suzuka, Monza, Brands Hatch (even though I'm not a fan of this 1, lol), Spa, Nürburgring GP)

Been quite a while since I last posted in the Daily Race thread. Moved from cold, nasty New York State to warm and sunny Florida back in June. Then I became addicted to ACC (Thanks, Tidge!).

Online racing in ACC is a little sketchy with PS4, so back to GTS a few weeks ago. ACC has made me a better driver. I've done a lot of Race A this week. Always started in top 3 three in A/A+/S rooms. Great fun and terrific clean, close racing. Currently working on a stretch of 22 consecutive clean races.

Now to open a can of worms concerning overtaking in a corner.

Cars A and B are bumper to bumper heading into the breaking zone of a medium speed corner. Car A is a little wide going into the zone and B out-brakes him and now they're side by side. Car B hits the apex perfectly and accelerates out of the turn with a slight advantage over A and a small speed advantage. The racing line obviously leads to the outside, but A refuses to ease off and drops a wheel off into the dirt. Driver A rips Driver B a new one in the post-race chat.

I am interested in people's take on this. Who should back off? The inside car who braked better, kept to the racing line, and nailed the apex, or the outside car who put themselves into a less ideal position on the outside of the turn?

Let the games begin.

Been quite a while since I last posted in the Daily Race thread. Moved from cold, nasty New York State to warm and sunny Florida back in June. Then I became addicted to ACC (Thanks, Tidge!).

Online racing in ACC is a little sketchy with PS4, so back to GTS a few weeks ago. ACC has made me a better driver. I've done a lot of Race A this week. Always started in top 3 three in A/A+/S rooms. Great fun and terrific clean, close racing. Currently working on a stretch of 22 consecutive clean races.

Now to open a can of worms concerning overtaking in a corner.

Cars A and B are bumper to bumper heading into the breaking zone of a medium speed corner. Car A is a little wide going into the zone and B out-brakes him and now they're side by side. Car B hits the apex perfectly and accelerates out of the turn with a slight advantage over A and a small speed advantage. The racing line obviously leads to the outside, but A refuses to ease off and drops a wheel off into the dirt. Driver A rips Driver B a new one in the post-race chat.

I am interested in people's take on this. Who should back off? The inside car who braked better, kept to the racing line, and nailed the apex, or the outside car who put themselves into a less ideal position on the outside of the turn?

Let the games begin.
Since you're talking about GT Sport daily races of 2021, A should be grateful that B didn't send him to an off-track excursion, and that car C didn't show up to divebomb both of them. :lol:

Hopefully, B told A to put a cork in it.

Last edited:
Well well well, ran Race C twice today and won both.

First attempt started 3rd and watched pole spin out on his own coming out of the S, must have lost control off the kerb. Chasing down the next leader until the last lap where he slowed right down at the final section after making a mistake which put me right on his rear wing and he then binned it off at the last turn perhaps feeling the pressure and I glided past and on up the hill for the win.

Second run I started pole, sped away and finished some 20 seconds ahead.

This is not my usual level on this game haha, altogether this week they're my 7th, 8th and 9th wins ever.

What a shame we can't do another week! And that the race is pretty tiring.

No time this week for laps after all. Got in 5 laps earlier this week in C and that was it.

I think I'll put off GTS until the holidays. Just no free time until then.

I never thought to be a victim of a well known dirty driver in GT Sport. luisdinisio pushed me off the track in my last daily race C. He first went for the ram on bico the pato corner, but succeeded in the next one, making me losing 8 seconds. And his excuse? "Brazilians love to push other off the track". What the hell man. I never crossed his path and was just doing my race. He also tried to wreck other guys too. We all know he is using a fake American account to ruin people's races here and have the same shenanigans on his home server in Europe.

Luckily, I didn't lost any position, since he got a 1 minute penalty. Two consecutive top 5 finishes after I got the way of this car flows in the track. I might do more one or two races, since I liked it.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I tried another "B" race; and I paid dearly, for it. I got 5 penalties in 2 laps; 2 on the 1st lap, 2 on the next lap, and 1 on the next lap.

I never thought to be a victim of a well known dirty driver in GT Sport. luisdinisio pushed me off the track in my last daily race C. He first went for the ram on bico the pato corner, but succeeded in the next one, making me losing 8 seconds. And his excuse? "Brazilians love to push other off the track". What the hell man. I never crossed his path and was just doing my race. He also tried to wreck other guys too. We all know he is using a fake American account to ruin people's races here and have the same shenanigans on his home server in Europe.

Luckily, I didn't lost any position, since he got a 1 minute penalty. Two consecutive top 5 finishes after I got the way of this car flows in the track. I might do more one or two races, since I liked it.
Interestingly, I had problems with him today also. It was at race A.
Everybody was pretty cool there all day. Then he showed up and started shoving people around.
It didn't work out for him, as he finished dfl.
I warned him afterwards not to show up at the next race, and he didn't.

Now that that I know his reputation, I'll get get rid of him asap, whenever I see him again.

Last edited:

Well known. Usually called out in the lobby at the beginning of the Manu series races. I got pushed off in T1 at Dragon trail making a move and cost me 6 spots. Shame, really.

It has been a pleasure doing Daily Race B this week. I was able to claw back my lost DR.

Untitled2.png

And I ended the week by winning one more Daily Race B. As for the next set of dailies, I think I may just cover Daily Race C for today and probably tomorrow then after that I'm done for the week. Never got to experience doing Alsace II yet so this is a good opportunity.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20211206104259.png

than you were very unlucky. everytime I was punted into a wall, there was no penalty given to me. Maybe once out of 15 incidents.

It has been a pleasure doing Daily Race B this week. I was able to claw back my lost DR.

I remember your car :-) I had you in front of me once last week. so cool, 1st time to recognize someone from here. i can't remember the race, I have "Samantha" written on the back of nearly all my car's, but as far as I can remember, I wasn't able to pass your beautiful car, so you wouldn't have seen it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Race C is great fun so far. The top lobbies in Asia are about 60% Supra, 20% FT-1 and then a mixture in the leftovers. I’ve tried the RSR (solid but not great), the FT-1 (a good all-rounder here), the R.S.01 (Don’t. Trust me, Just don’t) and the WRX (my favourite so far, you can get on the throttle so early).

The best part is that because of the track design the dirty drivers don’t seem to be able to make any headway. Have watched a few just send it to oblivion as they inevitably end up hopelessly out of control.

I don't follow GT racing closely, other than the odd watch of Le Mans, is it a realistic thing for a car like the Supra to be so dominant? Or it a result of something in game? I don't recall hearing much over the years of Supra's being competitive against say the Porsche's or Ferrrari's, am I just completely naive and need to educate myself? Or is this a GTS thing exclusively?

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GT Sport Daily Races: Homologation Special Delivery

The last FIA Certified Online Championship World Final in Gran Turismo Sport is now part of the history books, as we all look forward to Gran Turismo 7 taking over following its launch on March 4 2022. There’s still plenty of life left in the PS4-only title though, with at least 13 more weeks of Daily Races — starting today...

O⁹
I don't follow GT racing closely, other than the odd watch of Le Mans, is it a realistic thing for a car like the Supra to be so dominant? Or it a result of something in game? I don't recall hearing much over the years of Supra's being competitive against say the Porsche's or Ferrrari's, am I just completely naive and need to educate myself? Or is this a GTS thing exclusively?
Toyota is a partner to PD so it's OP almost anywhere. In GTS that is.
I remember your car :-) I had you in front of me once last week. so cool, 1st time to recognize someone from here. i can't remember the race, I have "Samantha" written on the back of nearly all my car's, but as far as I can remember, I wasn't able to pass your beautiful car, so you wouldn't have seen it anyway
I remember seeing a car with that at Tokyo last week.

WRX (my favourite so far, you can get on the throttle so early).
Mine too. But test run the BMW Z4 too. Set BB to +3

Supra is new. Only entered in GT 500 & GT 300 and NASCAR. They've had wins.

Race C is great fun so far. The top lobbies in Asia are about 60% Supra, 20% FT-1 and then a mixture in the leftovers. I’ve tried the RSR (solid but not great), the FT-1 (a good all-rounder here), the R.S.01 (Don’t. Trust me, Just don’t) and the WRX (my favourite so far, you can get on the throttle so early).

The best part is that because of the track design the dirty drivers don’t seem to be able to make any headway. Have watched a few just send it to oblivion as they inevitably end up hopelessly out of control.
I wish I didn't join Race B twice today. The whole thing is a nightmare.

Turn 3 becomes a part of Mario Kart in two laps. (see the blue car ahead in lap 2)

Race C was surprisingly enjoyable. The track layout actually suits the Supra if I could get around the first uphill turns. Had a nice battle with another Supra, unfortunately it ended with me not braking enough and hitting the other car. Resulting in a dirty pass in my opinion.

A post on one of the forums about the Finals of the FIA Manu. cup did reveal something interesting about the performance of the Supra and RX-VISION GT3.

Now this point isn't to take away from the fact that the drivers have done a good job, but there's something about the Toyota & Mazda Gr.3's that is beyond BoP to fix, but gives both a distinct advantage. This advantage is why the Supra specifically has become by far the most popular car in the league racing circles I'm associated in.

I'm sure that this has been known by some for a long time, but it's to do with the cars power bands. Take a look at the blue line specifically in each image (apologies for quality).

Mercedes AMG GT3
View attachment 1097975

Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
View attachment 1097976

Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3
View attachment 1097977

Note how the blue line reaches a peak generally towards the end of the rev range, then falls off. This is a common thing for the majority of Group 3 cars.

Toyota Supra Gr.3
View attachment 1097984

Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3
View attachment 1097985

Note how for these cars there's a relatively flat section on the power curve. This means that they are at a higher power through significantly more of the rev range. Not only does this have an effect on acceleration, but it can be used especially in the Supra's case to short-shift to save fuel without losing any time. That's why it's beyond BoP to fix. Whether Polyphony did this deliberately as a sneaky way to give their "official partners" a bit of a leg-up I don't know, but it is a bit suspicious. The Mazda might have something to do with how a rotary engine makes its power, I'm no expert on those. But in the Toyota's case it's almost like it runs on diesel (torque aside).

Peugeot 908 HDi (a diesel LMP)
View attachment 1097986

I hope that this can be fixed in GT7, because it's an absolute nightmare to work around in leagues. It's not like either are actual real-life racecars, just concepts, so Polyphony can change them if they wanted.

Last edited:
Back