"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Hello guys, just a question: in the long daily race, Alsaze II, 10 laps, how many pit-stops are scheduled? Thanks.

I'm surprised we haven't queued up each other on Daily Race B yet given that I have been there for the whole week due to me recovering my DR. And yes that is what we call the "meta"verse.

Also out of those drivers on the grid, at least 4-5 of those I encountered them commonly.

Speaking of fellow GTP users being queued up on dailies, yesterday I got queued with fellow GTP user @ShiftingGears via Daily Race B.

View attachment 1097919
Hello, can you explain what's the step to reach B or A+?

Hello guys, just a question: in the long daily race, Alsaze II, 10 laps, how many pit-stops are scheduled? Thanks.
You will need to stop once to switch tyres, as you are required to use both medium and soft during the race. All the information is in our article each week, which is posted to this thread:

I’m just loving Race C. Somehow the circuit feels more natural in this direction.
Vehemently disagree I just can't get to grips with it and I'm a reasonable fan of the original layout. Unlike Seaside which is a blast in whatever config and Maggiore which has a better flow in reverse it just feels awkward to me, its most recognisable sections just feel like slung together mix of parts.

Different strokes of course, surprised me to hear that though.

Hello, can you explain what's the step to reach B or A+?
Do a lot of practice/qualifying laps by yourself, to learn everything about the track and the car.
Then, enter a lot of races.
In the races, you'll learn to drive defensive lines, rather than the ones you used to get your fastest qualifying laps.
You'll find that in the race, your qualifying lines may end up getting you killed.
Most other cars will do whatever they can to get in front of you, even if it means slowing you both down, while the leaders drive off into the sunset. :grumpy:
Every once in a while you'll race with people who are not so short-sighted, and see the big picture.
Just assume that everybody wants to kill you. :mad:

Some very decent racing at monza. I mean the odd Muppet lacks patience but no one intentionally being a tool in the A+/A rooms.

Tried the Mugane, surprisingly fast in qualy but in race the exit understeer just kills it for me. The veyron agrees with me anyway, right up my alley. It likes a very deliberate braking spot, position the car then jammer the throttle, Neville racing 101.

Oddly enough I am a touch slower than normal in qualifying, my 56.2 leaves 40pc of A drivers faster than me but in the race I am moving forward and able to keep pace with most folk.

Odd.

Hopefully some race C this weekend. I'm too hard on myself and practice new tracks way too long before I jump in. OCD kicks in and I spend way too much time on quali pace. Even more so since I had a top ten for a spell recently.

Sticking with the Supra since it's my Manu ride regardless of the meta. Something about that car clicks with me. I wanted to race today but I've been really studying my braking and messing with my load cell which didn't produce anything better and the worst part is I tweaked my knee after messing with a really stiff pedal for a day.

After all the work 1:49's elude me at Alsace and the best I can do is 1:50 but I did come to a conclusion. No matter what settings I use there is no magic make you faster setting. I always reach the limit of my ability with any setup relatively quick. I need to focus on what's comfortable and efficient so I can purely focus on effective driving and race craft. That and I need to constantly remind myself I have much less wheel time than the drivers I watch.

The difference between where I am now and where I want to be all lies in a quicker full brake speed and quicker transitions between inputs without too much overlap. I tend to have a bit of pause between every action in an attempt to be silly smooth or I'm just getting old and my reflexes stink. Lol.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Just wanted to make some intentions feel more real and if someone gains anything from my quest for better times, all the better.

Unlike Seaside which is a blast in whatever config
True, though forwards is better though, just.
and Maggiore which has a better flow in reverse
Nah, Maggiore feels horrible in reverse. Just :yuck:

However Alsace seems to be o.k. to me in both directions, though given the choice forwards is again better. But find a car that works well and the reverse feels nice.

Next Week:
A: N300 | Kyoto - Miyabi | 8 laps | SH
B: Gr.3 | Willow Springs - Big Willow | 5 laps | RM
C: Gr.4 | Brands Hatch GP | 13 laps | RM | x2 fuel, x6 tyres | 1 mnd. Stop
Daily Race B for me then.

Gonna enjoy using the RS01 all over again as I had some good races with that combo plus a good spot for me to build up my DR.

Last edited:
Nah, Maggiore feels horrible in reverse. Just :yuck:
Considering I won at Maggiore in reverse before forward speaks as to how good the reverse direction is. Big Banky Boi is much easier in reverse. This was the last win I got the week that I got my wheel & pedals.

And 7.5 weeks later...

Both Maggiorie and seaside are an abortion in reverse, you know what they feel like? They feel like perfectly good tracks run backwards for no good reason.

The only reverse layout I can tolerate is gardens.
Let me see, I've won at all 3 layouts in both directions. Sounds like you might want to practice. :mischievous:
NEXT WEEK'S RACES:

A: Kyoto-Miyabi - N300 SH
B: Willow Springs - Gr.3 RM ** @NoStopN 👍
C: Brands Hatch - Gr.4 RM
yess-a-thousand-times-yes.gif

Last edited:
That I romped to the win there by more than 10 seconds has nothing to do with my preference

Honest
Considering I won at Maggiore in reverse before forward speaks as to how good the reverse direction is. Big Banky Boi is much easier in reverse. This was the last win I got the week that I got my wheel & pedals.

And 7.5 weeks later...

Let me see, I've won at all 3 layouts in both directions. Sounds like you might want to practice. :mischievous:

yess-a-thousand-times-yes.gif

Of course success can make a track one of our favourites. And yes Mag GP 2 is statistically one of my worst tracks, but it goes further than that. The forward track flows nicely and you can see it was set out to be that way. It feels more of a gimmick in reverse. I don't feel that BBB is better in reverse. The entry and exit is worse and you can't get across the curb as easy. Also the blind uphill left before the last few corners is horrible. Always brake wrong there costing me time. I have vowed to try and get better at it next time it is in a daily but it will still remain a track I won't like even if I pull 10 wins there.

I'm loving the Bugatti at Monza. That thing is so easy to driver there. On the race I just ran, coming up to Lesmo 1, I ran a bit too far to the left and got my left tires onto the grass just before the turn. I started to slide sideways, held the slide, made the turn, and didn't even lose a position (person behind was less than .5 behind). I recovered pretty quickly and easily and just kept on going. It's like I couldn't spin it. I started 7th and finished 4th. I made it up to 3rd and was trying to bump draft the person in front of me coming out of Ascari. He'd been caught up in the fighting going on between the 2 drivers ahead of him. He managed to split them when they divided, and I followed right behind him. I was bump-drafting him and we were pulling away. But one of the others realized it, I think, and started drafting us. He passed both of us coming out of the final turn and we both dropped down a position. And that's where we finished.

It was a fairly clean race, as far as me personally. No penalties and no bashing or banging going on. I thought maybe that little hiccup at Lesmo 1 would kill my DR, but it actually went up a decent amount. And that was a lobby full of D/S drivers. last night, I had a race that had A,B,C,D/S drivers in it. It was weird seeing that many different levels all in 1 lobby. But it worked. It, too, was a fairly clean race.

Oh, and I also knocked a few tenths off of my qualifying time, there. And that's helping with starting closer to the front.

Of course success can make a track one of our favourites. And yes Mag GP 2 is statistically one of my worst tracks, but it goes further than that. The forward track flows nicely and you can see it was set out to be that way. It feels more of a gimmick in reverse. I don't feel that BBB is better in reverse. The entry and exit is worse and you can't get across the curb as easy.
Uh....different driving styles maybe?

Exactly, and seaside is even worse, just feels wrong.
Feels ooh so right to me.

Tried a Race A again. Started/finished 2nd. Got a ton of space. Lucky.

Improved QT a tiny bit. But couldn't move up at all. Still don't think I'm hitting the last turn right. :crazy:

Just had a weird "B" race. It starts as a rolling/standing start. We start rolling like normal, then we all just slow way down, stop, then start to slowly creep forward. The countdown begins, and we're off. Someone doesn't go and I just nick them in the rear as I try to go around without upsetting anyone else around me. We're all bunched up coming down the main straight up to turn 1. I brake like normal, but realize too late that I'm actually going faster than I normally am at the start of this particular race. I overcook it into the chicane, and get reset amidst about 6 other cars. I'm ghosted, so no worries there. But I'm in 11th; down from 6th at the start and up to 1st coming up to the chicane. If I don't overcook it, I could probably retain the lead and go on to "win" (more on that, later) or, at least, a podium finish.

Anyway.....

I come out of the 1st chicane in 11th, and I'm OK at this point. I make it through Curva Grande without incident and get a soft tap going into Roggia. I keep it on the track, make it through that chicane, and make my way around Lesmo 1 and 2. By turn 5 on lap 1, I'm up to 6th thanks to some battling and drivers getting run off the track. Behind me, there are some penalties being served, some fighting, and just your general nonsense going on. And I'm happy I'm ahead of it and not in the middle of it.

Coming up to Roggia on lap 2, I got lightly tapped while in the chicane. I had to cut the second part of the chicane slightly, but thankfully I didn't get a penalty. The driver who passed me there ran a bit wide coming out of Lesmo 2 and I was able to pass him before Serraglio. The driver who'd pushed their way through Roggia wound up almost spinning there, then wound up off the track at Ascari after trying to bully his way through there, as well. Thank you, Karma. A couple more penalties were obtained by other drivers on lap 2, as well.

Oh yeah, there was a car stuck in their grid spot for the entire race. I'd forgotten about them on lap 2 and wound up driving right into them. Thankfully, it's like they really weren't there. They weren't ghosted or anything. But it's like they quit the race but their car remained behind. After that, I made sure to go around them.....just in case. Also, they had the pit stop symbol next to their name and their tire choice and the fuel symbol with "100" beside it the entire time. So I don't know if maybe they were stuck in the loading screen the entire time and the game basically sees that as you being in the pits, or what. Either way, it was really weird.

On lap 3, the driver ahead of me (in 4th) cut the chicane at Roggia and had to serve a .5 second penalty. I made an easy pass and moved up into 4th.

On lap 4, the 2nd place driver out-braked himself and went into Rettifilo too hot and got reset back on the track. He wound up down in 6th due to a couple mis-shifts coming out of the chicane, there. I moved up to 3rd. Coming out of Roggia, I saw that P2 had a penalty to serve. I tried catching him, but i was just too far back to make it. And now for the weird part.....part 2.

As I'm coming up to the Parabolica on the last lap, I'm still in 3rd. The driver in P1 was WAY ahead of everyone else by about 5 or 6 seconds. OK, no worries, I'll take a podium spot. Then, as he passed the car that was still stuck on the track, he got put down into P2 and everyone else moved down a position.

WTF?!!!

So the driver who was stuck actually won the race without even racing. Just.....weird.

Back