You know when you complete an action/adventure game on hard it unlock the HARD + mode. Well this week Race C is the HARD + mode of GTS. What a beast of a car. PD keeps on giving for a second week in a row!
The track, the power, the turbo lag. The racing line, as long as you are on the track!
Did plenty of races from the back and only a couple of them are not podium. I'm still looking for a win but don't really believe it will come. SR is moving but always in S range.
Here's my take on a lap guide from my personal experience. I don't watch lap guide or Top 10 ghost.
- Don't care for 1st gear
- 2nd gear, never go 100% throttle 50-60
- TCS 2 kills all momentum, I'm using 1
- minimise wheel spin by short shifting
- lag is your friend
- Turn 1 downshift to 2nd immediately up to 3rd
- Cut the curb on T2 and align T3 to stay close to the curb (don't touch).
- turbo surge comes on after T3 apex and slingshot you nicely.
- Turn 4 brake to second gear and 3rd gear on brake release.
- Turbo lag let you aim for T5 apex and boom you go fast.
- Turn 7 in 3rd gear full thottle instead of dealing full power of 2nd gear while turning.
- Turn 8-9-10 2nd gear.
- From 10 to 11, 2nd gear 50% and short shift when turbo kicks (before wheel spin or turn). Place your car for T11 and wait for POWERRR
- Exit of T12 is the tricky part, 2nd gear 50% thottle, try to max out the rev and avoid wheel spin, good luck with that.
Way too many people try to use all gears on all the rev range resulting in big slide or slow changing gear at the wrong place (mid-exit corner)
Also, I use fuel map 2. Short shifting and FM2 allow me to only change tires and I have to lap available at FM1. Finish the race with 0.2.
With this I lap steadily in 1.21 and manage the race in 19m50.