"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I know Race A isn't getting much love this week, but I'm really trying my best to crack on and improve my quali time.

Any tips on brake balance, and confirmation of the unorthodox driving style required for this absolute **** show of a race?

Was great racing with you again. Hope to get in a few more at Spa before the week is over. Such a great challenge. I made one very small mistake in all but my last race (or got dumped by others), which costs you dearly in those conditions, and at that point it was just down to speed in the top split. 6th was the best I could do. Not quite as disciplined as you! But I was trying.

Added 2500 DR to my rating over the last two days, even qualifying only 10th or so, in the top split... I don't think I ever lost DR in any race actually, but getting more than a few hundred at a time was really a challenge. So... close.... to A+ rating on the main account finally, just as we near the finish line for GTS, I suppose.
Hope to see you again! When things get a bit better on the track...

First race today, too many Brazillians in the back, got rammed off in Eau rouge to last, bump passed through the long left sweeper, rammed again in sector 3, all in lap 1. But so many wrecks, still finished 5th. The fast pole sitter gave up as he kept getting rammed off. His 2:42 qualy time vs 2:45 behind him... He's the one that could do 2:43 laps in race, but doesn't matter if you get bumped off into the grass and have to recover on dirty tires.

Second race, better start, I was in 5th in lap 2 (same fast pole sitter rammed off again to the back, same Brazillian in front) I say was, since I got disconnected in lap 2. Friday internet. And thus ends my little streak of gaining DR... Another reason why DR chasing is pointless to me, always those disconnects costing 1000s of DR. mixed A+/A/B lobbies today. 2 A+, half a dozen A, rest B, thus disconnect, very bad. It dropped me from 40,526 to 39,196 ehh only 1,330 DR, about 5 to 8 successful races from the back...

Hopefully it cleans up and matchmaking improves soon.

Finished 4th in the next race, still top split but too many B/S, 4th place was only worth 187 DR. Also lost some SR, no clue from what but that's what happens when you race against DR.B as DR.A :/ Still in the top split anyway, as weak as the top split is atm.

Last edited:
What sort of time should I be going for on interlagos gr3 DR B? Going to get some practice in this weekend. Guessing everyone will go for the supra but I quite liked the rcz last week.
The best drivers will probably be around 1:30-1:31.
In a DR B race, 1:34-1:35 will probably get you a decent starting position. 👍

Last edited:
The same at Spa for me last Race.
I start from Pole.. first Corner, i'll dropped to 8. 20 Sec later next Professional Driver hit me i'll drop to 14.
After some other ******** on this Track i Finish at 7. But i realy dont need Races like this.

That would be nice, but those cars are too expensive.
The priciest car I can remember for a daily race was the 2019 Red Bull, at $3M.
Just realised its a Garage Car event, so yeah the unicorns won't be the Gr.X cars for this one. They could throw a curve ball and make it a choice of VGT cars... 🤷‍♂️

I had some fun in race C last night, bad qualifying as usual but lap 1 made up for it. For all the disadvantages of a controller it does feel like you can switch the tyres on quicker than the wheels.

Cracking lap, it has to be said the room was super well behaved, everyone not only gave space but had the car control not to bin you off in tight quarters.

Hardly a better race photo opportunity than Spa in the wet 👌

View attachment 1107104
I know right

51832619061_6dd72edddf_c.jpg

Getting a bit dirty at Spa. Two races in so far, first rammed and bumped off the track, second bunch of blocking going on so left with a red S, not avoiding them all. The one I did avoid by throwing my car in the grass cost me time, a place, and a 1 sec penalty for ignoring track limits which cost me another 2 places :banghead: It is clear what PD considers the 'right way' to race, bump the car head :/

Track penalties are a mess as usual, the 0.5 sec for cutting Eau Rouge is less than you stand to gain by skipping the limits and at the turn to the final chicane it's kinda random what people can get away with. In the rest of the track they don't trigger (except this time lol) and have to be watchful for track re-entries.

Fun combo, but penalties are backwards as usual, PD can't even get the track limits right.

@Mc_Yavel Great finish last race! I was looking forward to racing with you but the Brazilian shadow blocked and I ended up in the grass doh.

Next race was horrible. Lot of bumping and swerving at the start, then the car in front of me panic brakes far too early for eau rouge. I avoid but end up sideways in the wall, stopped, to last. Then at the end of lap 1 I get a car reset on top of me, clunk, and another red S. Down to 92 SR, still in the top split, but don't really want to be there anymore lol. It's getting messy.

The rest of the race was slow but no more incidents, just a lot of waiting until being able to make a pass. Then in lap 6 my car starts fish tailing out of eau rouge into the wall sigh. One more try! Hopefully starting on the right side this time. Starting on the left is bad in this race :/

Hate to say but this race is kinda won or lost in sector 1. This time I had a good sector 1 and finished 7th, while able to hit a 2:47.8 lap. Bad sector 1, very hard to keep while passing wobbly cars. I could have had 5th but the slower car in front of me slowed down so much I lost all my momentum having to brake extra, opening the door for 7th to beat me to the final chicane. Lost 2 SR again, no clue from what. I guess from a little draft bump and I touched @Mc_Yavel at the start, unintended, nothing happened, but who knows what the penalty system picks up on nowadays. 90 SR, still in top split by a hair.
This was probably the best I can get this week from the back. Didn't do anything special apart from staying on track and lapping steady in 2.48. Lots of things seems to happened but not to me.

51832730208_c6fe163374_z.jpg

@ASH32, It was nice to share the track with you. I think we have something in common. We both prefer when you are in front of me! The pace you have versus mine and seeing you crusing behind me. It was getting my palm sweaty.

I had an really nice two way fight with a corvette for the first half of the race. We overtake each other many time wich led to some good side by side action.

Looking at the replay and SPA look fantastic in the rain

Any chance you could comment on the lap linked below? Am I too heavy on inputs, too late for turn-ins? I know I'm not good in the rain, but I'm so far off the pace it's almost a joke! That said, I knocked nearly 5 secs off my Q time in the 911 by using the Evo...

I don't really know the Evo and can only watch on a small phone screen with no sound (because work) so I'm probably not a lot of help but I'll try.
At La Source you get a lot of wheelspin on the exit (until 4th gear), it costs you some time because you can't get the power down but also overheats the rear tyres so you'll have no grip at the next corner, if you bring in the power even slower (even after the car is straight you'll be a bit quicker).

Through the middle sector you're a gear higher than I am through most of the corners but that might just be the difference between the Evo and R8. The TCS is cutting power quite a lot but if that is saving spins it's worth it. You can get away with more than you think with some of the flatter curbs (the bottom of eau rouge, the final left of Raidillon, the first part of the bus stop, even at Blanchimont you can do a small cut).

In general I'm just trying to keep the tyres cool then react whenever it loses traction.
Cracking lap, it has to be said the room was super well behaved, everyone not only gave space but had the car control not to bin you off in tight quarters.
The late night lobbies in EU are some of the best in the game, it's after the eSports bunch have gone to bed so nobody is too desperate, just good fun and respectful racing.

Finally broke the 2:47 barrier with a 2:46.9 lap. It's not getting cleaner, but it is getting faster. I had a good sector one again so spared most of the nonsense (lot of red SR in the back, two red A) finished 5th for 500 DR gain. Pretty good.

It could have been 7th as I was stuck behind a blocking Argentinian, dragging our lap times down to 2:51. One lap he screwed up before the end chicane and I had to brake hard to avoid his fish tailing back and forth across the track which another car took advantage off after he settled (and we're both slowed down, managed to avoid) Yet later the Argentinian pushed the Brazillian that had passed us off, back to 6th. He kept cutting eau rouge short for 0.5 sec and last lap I was close enough to pass him on that penalty. Hit bumped me in the chicane but I kept the car in control. Then he messed up the long left and I was secured in 5th.

Next race I showed up too late for the start (I guess everyone was on pro, loaded a lot faster???) so behind the pack, 21 sec behind the leader, 3:12 first lap ouch. A 2:47 flat lap lap 2, then started overtaking in lap 3. I made it to 9th, 137 DR loss.

One more, I'll try to start on time this time :)

@GOTMAXPOWER Late night lobbies are full of drunk drivers here :cheers: not a good place lol.

Last race, too dirty. I started 12th, lot of non qualifiers behind me. The race turned into a Brazilian block party, bunching everyone up. My laps 2:52 to 2:55 until they finally crashed each other and I could get to racing in lap 5. I made it to 6th, then the car in front messed up, I avoided but spun back to 9th. Made it to 5th for the final lap then got dive bombed by a Brazilian in T1. Slow motion dive bomb, but still unavoidable. I managed to keep it steady and gained on him again after Eau rouge, but he blocked again. Leaving room for a Paraguayan to catch up who punted me off in the Karoussel, to 12th, timed out right before the line. So I finished where I started, 726 DR lost.

Enough, top split rooms are too dirty today to have decent races. Both of the people that rammed me had a red S but they'll be back or still in the top split anyway. Plus all the blocking going on, just not fun. Try again tonight.

Last edited:
Did 1 Race A yesterday and 1 today. Started pole/finished 2nd yesterday. Started 2nd/finished 5th today. Both races all the action happed on T1.

I hate pole at Tsukuba. Yesterday I was convinced if I started in 2nd, I'd win. Today I started 2nd and lost 5 spots on T1. :banghead: :lol:
It's a real shame. I actually really enjoy 90% of the contest but T1 just splits the pack (the same way one does with a bowling ball) and it's down to pot luck how you emerge. From Lap 2 onwards it's a test of consistency because lord knows there's no chance of a clean overtake unless someone makes a mistake.

I'm not sure if it makes me wish PD could implement some kind of bespoke regulations for races like this one, due to the very specific nature of the contest. Bumper to bumper racing and drifty, sideways-inclined cars are not a good combo. But if really harsh contact penalties were put in place maybe there would be incentive to take extra care.

I don't really know the Evo and can only watch on a small phone screen with no sound (because work) so I'm probably not a lot of help but I'll try.
At La Source you get a lot of wheelspin on the exit (until 4th gear), it costs you some time because you can't get the power down but also overheats the rear tyres so you'll have no grip at the next corner, if you bring in the power even slower (even after the car is straight you'll be a bit quicker).

Through the middle sector you're a gear higher than I am through most of the corners but that might just be the difference between the Evo and R8. The TCS is cutting power quite a lot but if that is saving spins it's worth it. You can get away with more than you think with some of the flatter curbs (the bottom of eau rouge, the final left of Raidillon, the first part of the bus stop, even at Blanchimont you can do a small cut).

In general I'm just trying to keep the tyres cool then react whenever it loses traction.

The late night lobbies in EU are some of the best in the game, it's after the eSports bunch have gone to bed so nobody is too desperate, just good fun and respectful racing.
Thanks, I'll try bear those tips in mind and work on some laps over the weekend. I won't be racing this one until I can comfortably lap under 2:50, otherwise I'll just get eaten alive...

So what does "Car(s): GRX / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage" mean? Are they going to supply a car or are they going to specify which car to use and we have to provide it, or what?
They will specify which car you have to use, and you have to provide it yourself from your garage.

Best bet is a Red Bull X car. Could be the F1500. Could also be a completely random VGT.

So what does "Car(s): GRX / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage" mean? Are they going to supply a car or are they going to specify which car to use and we have to provide it, or what?
They'll tell you which car(s) you can use, you have to find the keys.
The same at Spa for me last Race.
I start from Pole.. first Corner, i'll dropped to 8. 20 Sec later next Professional Driver hit me i'll drop to 14.
After some other ******** on this Track i Finish at 7. But i realy dont need Races like this.
You're first mistake was thinking they are professional drivers. They're just random people from across the world.

Well that was fun. My controller (wheel) disconnected 3 times! Luckily it was my alt account. Trying to get enough credits to buy a car for next weeks races.

I know Race A isn't getting much love this week, but I'm really trying my best to crack on and improve my quali time.

Any tips on brake balance, and confirmation of the unorthodox driving style required for this absolute **** show of a race?
I am not a fast guy, so my advice may not be relevant.

I've been experimenting with brake balance of -2 and -1, tried +2 as well. Settled for -1 for now.
Based on top replays, it seems like you should only use 4th gear in last corner. Otherwise let it rip in 3rd gear and then down shift to 2nd for the rest of the turns. Might help to start the race with traction control at 1, and then as you start rolling forward, turn it down to 0.

T1 every race will be messed up, so do your best to just keep it on the road. Hug the inside line if you're racing dirty people. If you get hit mid turn by someone, downshift quickly and drift towards the track to avoid the sand traps. This car loves going sideways, so don't go full throttle until you hit the apex. There are a lot of laps, people will mess up, don't give up on the race, you can still make up places by the end.

After I fixed my controller connection issues, things have gone very well. DR B now on my main account and DR C on the alt. Still trying to get enough credits to buy the car for next week on the alt account. Except, of course, I don't know which car that is yet or how much it will cost. I'm aiming for at least 450K before Monday. It's (the alt account) a new one so doesn't have much built up yet. I'm only able to use it at Spa because I scored a Huracan on the daily workout lottery. It's probably not the best for Spa, but I've consistently placed in the upper half of the field starting from a non-qual position (except for when my controller freaked out!)
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220121142634.jpg

I have noticed I am losing connectivity more frequenly over the past couple of weeks.

Originally, I chalked this up to a local issue.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Is anyone else having difficulty staying connected during Daily races?

Been a while since I've been in this thread!

Done a bit of running without a qualy time at Spa on my NA account, the race is just addictive! I've had a bit of naughty behaviour going on but not much if truth be told and I'd guess most are just trying to keep it on track. Had a load of 4th placed finishes from the back, just the one podium, but I think it's showing the positives of having a grid start as opposed to stretching everyone out over half a minute when the lights go green.

Saw @Mc_Yavel in there a few times, gentleman that he is. Gave me a shove (totally accidental) at Les Fagnes but let me finish my impression of Bambi on ice for half a lap before getting back down to business. It's been a riot, and Sunday I go again (but with a qualy time this time)

A few results (could be forgiven for thinking the first two are the same race!)
17e69660e1129-screenshotUrl.jpg
17e69826e2916-screenshotUrl.jpg
17e7e36dbf156-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
17e7f2fe70071-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
What sort of time should I be going for on interlagos gr3 DR B? Going to get some practice in this weekend. Guessing everyone will go for the supra but I quite liked the rcz last week.
From memory last time this race happened the RCZ was really good. There was a few FR cars that was good too, prob Supra/Corvette. Top guys get 1.29's, so a 1.32/1.33 is a good time for a DR B

Sadly the honeymoon period is over in the top split rooms, dirty passes all the way. Last race I got pushed over the kerb in S3 and dive bombed in S2 twice. 3 different drivers. Next to a lot of pushing and not leaving room. The race before I already pushed off in T1, car had no reason too, plenty room on the other side.

Try one more time, then maybe reset to D/E and start from there again to find some clean races.

A week is too long for these races. Too much time for people to find the dirty moves that work.

Back