"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I suppose the new daily races will be updated Monday? I saw someone post about it here, don't remember where. Now Special Stage Route X should be a straightforward track but how strong are the opponents though and how fast are they, that's the million dollar question.

Man, how is everyone so fast at Spa in the RX7? It's eight laps of drifting practice when I'm behind the wheel. I ran a 2:20.704 in the WRX and I'm a full two seconds slower in the RX7.

Well I'm trying to figure out the same thing when I look at the ghost and try to copy the same rhythm/mechanics as the driver. The GT aliens have something that we don't and idk what that could be, honestly.

Well, I got my 91st win in these final days of GTS. Just need the bugged oval trophy for all the trophies but probably won't bother with it.

I took advantage of the wee hours of the morning, a reduced DR/SR and the low player count to make it happen and it was anti-climactic as this final race was a race of.......2. Started .100 behind and lead by turn 1.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220304022217.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220406052059.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220406055329.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220408064044.jpg

Finally something new to race on. At least the mountain is always a great place to race and I spend 95% of the time there. Always entertaining. Got 37 wins there in the last 4 weeks.

One of the good pieces of action

Really happy with the fairplay of the other driver. The whole race was fire. I would have done the same.

Another milestone.

51997827064_22d4541089.jpg

51996550342_95628584a8.jpg

0% completion in GT League, racing online is the name of the game.

Last edited:
Holy crap I'm havin' a blast at Sardegna!! Was in a swarm of angry Brazillian bees for the better part of last night and the Mustang serves well as a giant metallic fly-swatter...those Meganes (almost) bounce right off. 😁

It's a bloodbath, to be sure, but if you know that going in it kinda morphs those pangs of aggravation into something fun/enjoyable. 'IDGAF' approach to DR helps, too. Haven't scored any wins yet but some podiums keep hope alive...and smilin' all the way.

I think I'll stick this out to try and get my Diamond trophy, as well. Close enough to get there via some offline grinding + online fun and in no hurry to jump to '7. :cheers:

I love the tag line. Thanks for being witty also
KP has this set of races listed as running through 4/21. I'm eager to see what happens then...new tracks or death knell. Ok, maybe not TOO eager. 😁

Last edited:
Holy crap I'm havin' a blast at Sardegna!! Was in a swarm of angry Brazillian bees for the better part of last night and the Mustang serves well as a giant metallic fly-swatter...those Meganes (almost) bounce right off. 😁

It's a bloodbath, to be sure, but if you know that going in it kinda morphs those pangs of aggravation into something fun/enjoyable. 'IDGAF' approach to DR helps, too. Haven't scored any wins yet but some podiums keep hope alive...and smilin' all the way.

I think I'll stick this out to try and get my Diamond trophy, as well. Close enough to get there via some offline grinding + online fun and in no hurry to jump to '7. :cheers:
Reading trough GT7 thread about Daily Races, penality system and general behavior of online racers, I'm in no rush to get of GT7.

I had my fair share of dirty driving today racing from the back on Nurb GP but it's something I'm aware and willing to deal with when starting from the back. It take half the race to clear the slower/dirtier bunch and after pit stop, it's attack mode to try and get to podium. Usualy, I can get into top 5.

I will try Sardegna with my beloved Ferrari, it drive really well and can hold it's ground against the Megane.

Reading trough GT7 thread about Daily Races, penality system and general behavior of online racers, I'm in no rush to get of GT7.
You shouldn't be discouraged by this. The ones getting shafted are always the ones raising their voices.
I have been driving GTS for 4 years and love it. I have been through a lot of different penalty systems, none got it just right but that's not realistic, not even human marshalls do.
There's several new players that hasn't migrated from GTS so a lot of what is called dirty in the thread is mistakes and errors
I can say for sure that the races I am in in GT7 aren't anymore dirty than what I raced in GTS, and a lot less dirty than what I have seen after the penalty system was turned off.

Last edited:
Looking Forward to the Special Stage Route X race. You'd think it would be a simple race, as it's a straight shot but how fast and powerful will my opponents be and how well will they set their lap times?

1649934803042.png

Well I still did not manage to get in the top 5. Ugh! Oh well.
How many races do I have to finish or win in order to get to a Driver Rating C? I've been on the D level for over a month.

Last edited:
I wanted to check my target times in 'Prime for this week but am being presented with blanks...happened last go-round with the tracks, too, but eventually worked itself out. That got me to wondering what, if anything, could be causing this from my end so thought I'd check with y'all on that...here's what I see when I check my times:

1650032856824.png

Any insight on offer is appreciated!:cheers:

View attachment 1137633
Well I still did not manage to get in the top 5. Ugh! Oh well.
How many races do I have to finish or win in order to get to a Driver Rating C? I've been on the D level for over a month.
From that screen shot:
  • If you finish ahead of all DR.D you would get a small amount of points.
  • If you finish in top half of the grid you would get more points.
  • If you beat the DR.A player you would get alot of points.

You need to finish races in the top half to get DR and you get even more point if you beat people that are a rank higher than you.

Elo system use for DR works something like this

At the beginning of the game everyone has the same amount of points. Let's say 100. Ten player race, the player who win the race get + 10 pts, the player finishing last -10 (his points goes to P1)

1. 100 +10
2. 100 +8
3. 100 +6
4. 100 +4
5. 100 +2
6. 100 -2
7. 100 -4
8. 100 -6
9. 100 -8
10. 100 -10

The second race, if you win, you get +10 and if you beat a guy with more points than you, you grab a part of his points because his value was higher than your and he should have won the race. (complex calculation are here). If you beat more than one player with more points, you grab some points to all of them.

The pool of points remain the same, it just switch from player to player and in the long term the faster player has more points. It's not a leveling system, it's a matchmaking system so you get match with people the same speed you are.

Now that there is not a lot of people playing GTS, you get match with all the range of DR.
I wanted to check my target times in 'Prime for this week but am being presented with blanks...happened last go-round with the tracks, too, but eventually worked itself out. That got me to wondering what, if anything, could be causing this from my end so thought I'd check with y'all on that...here's what I see when I check my times:

View attachment 1138118

Any insight on offer is appreciated!:cheers:
It show the same thing for me.

you can check https://gtblade.com/ to see where you stand in your DR pool.

Last edited:
It show the same thing for me.

you can check https://gtblade.com/ to see where you stand in your DR pool.
Thank you on all fronts!! Completely forgot about GTBlade so that is hugely helpful. The 'Prime stuff will figure itself out eventually. Wasn't sure if it was a caching thing or something dumb like that where I'd have the ability to correct myself...guess not. :cheers:

Race report from week 1.

Race B at Sardegna is a Death Race. My trusty Ferrari is at odd in the field of FWD cars. Corner like god, can keep up on the straight but the FWD missile still get the best top speed and I cannot take advantage of the good cornering to gain a spot, the FWD always re overtake me at the end of the straigth and crashing me in the process.

I had to switch to the VW and be more in sync with the field. Nonetheless, chaos still occur, as soon as front bumper is near my rear bumper forget it they won't back up in the incoming corner.

Race C is going much better. Starting from the back and climbing up the field to some good top 5 finish. Tried many different car from BMW M6 to Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 and AMG GT3.

Best lap is with the M6 but you have to be gentle on throttle out of corner. GTR is also fast but even more careful out of corner. AMG is planted but couldn't match the laptime of the other car. 911, it's amazing how you can get on gaz early with this car, you can apply full throttle crossing the chicane.

Best of this week

This weeks Race B has been an exercise in why using the wrong tool for the job can still make for all the right fun. Race A I don't have the patience for and Race C is kinda like Bruno, we don't talk about the 'NGP'...

I've managed everything from DFLs to Podiums and all points between. Lower rooms I fare pretty well...when it's A/A+ top spilts, well, that's where the DFLs become prominent. I just can't bring myself to drive cars I don't particularly like just for a CHANCE to win (looking at you, FF). If I'm gonna lose, I might as well enjoy the drive while doing it. 😁

Hoping I can muster the talent to get the Mustang around Sardegna in sub-49's (current best is 1:49:205). Close, so, with the tracks sticking around, might actually hit that mark.

Enjoy the racing, everyone!:cheers:

I had a really good race at Sardegna with familiar people I raced over the years. Our bunch of three cars stayed close to each other the whole race, not making any mistake or stupid move. 2 times I set myself for an overtake in turn 1. The guy in front kept is normal racing line and I had the inside. Unfortunately, I carried too much speed due to drafting and square my turn1 too much. He just took the positon back because of my slow exit. Next lap, rince/repeat.

Race C also provide some good racing, had an epic side by side action for what felt like half a lap. Although starting from the back can be painfull. There's always that one guy who doesn't like to be overtake. Either he screw himself up and quit costing me a bunch of time or I screw him after a lap or two of his crap. I don't really care anymore and I'm more than patient with them, play stupid game, win stupid prize.

Dirty Driver of the day.

The guy pushes me off track on the back straight of Nurb GP. Off the throttle I rejoin the track and follow not to far behind. Next lap I go alongside him in sector 1 and all is good. He is kinda far going to the hairpin but I'm ready. I see him coming hot, I release the brake sooner for the turn and he miss me and into the gravel and quit. GG EZ

Proceed to look at K.

Hats off to this guy for not giving up on the game. He plays GTS since 2019.

52020727771_1fa02bbfd9_o.png

52019687987_6f7286b602_o.png

Dirty Driver of the day.

The guy pushes me off track on the back straight of Nurb GP. Off the throttle I rejoin the track and follow not to far behind. Next lap I go alongside him in sector 1 and all is good. He is kinda far going to the hairpin but I'm ready. I see him coming hot, I release the brake sooner for the turn and he miss me and into the gravel and quit. GG EZ

Proceed to look at K.

Hats off to this guy for not giving up on the game. He plays GTS since 2019.

52020727771_1fa02bbfd9_o.png

52019687987_6f7286b602_o.png
That SR curve would suggest dirty but the DR curve suggest inability.

Back