Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

Today is a Hot Lap at Dubai International in a Ferrari 512 M. Like the F50 GT a few days ago, this car wants to be driven very aggressively; braking late, letting the rear swing around under braking, then slamming down the throttle and powersliding out of the corners will actually improve your lap times here.

Today is a Hot Lap at Not-Suzuka Sprint, which is basically the first half of the GP course and then a quick zig-zag back onto the frontstretch, in a Pagini Zonda Revolucion. This car does have some tricky understeer; if you brake the slightest bit late, get on the gas the slightest bit early, or miss your turn-in marks even by a little bit, it will punish you severely. The final complex of corners is especially tricky to get right, as a couple of the tighter ones are fairly blind and it's hard to judge where to turn.

New Weekly event today; a Pace Setter at Dubai GP in a Ginetta LMP3. Nothing too tricky; the Ginetta has very neutral handling, so it's easy enough to power through Dubai's varying curves consistently. Just be smooth and hit your marks.

Today is a Hot Lap at Lake Valley Outer Long in a Formula E. This one's a tricky event; the Formula E has no grip anywhere, so it's very hard to manage at this track, especially on the big bumps. Be as smooth as you can; roll gently through the corners and don't get on the gas too early, or the car will just start skating around uncontrollably.

Today is a Hot Lap at the short Knockhill National in a Toyota GR Supra road car. This is a fun track and car combo; wheeling the Supra around Knockhill's bends is a blast. Be aggressive and use as much of those curbs as you can to straighten out the corners and keep your momentum up. Be careful on that second-to-last 90-degree corner, as it's a bit off-camber and the exit tightens up very suddenly.

Today is a Pace Setter at Monument Canyon Array Peak in a Sauber C9 Mercedes. This Group C prototype is a solid and stable car, and a lot of fun on this fast track. It can get a bit slippery accelerating out of the tight hairpins, so a bit of care is needed there, but it handles the high-speed bends and chicanes with ease.

Today is a Hot Lap at Shanghai Henan Loop in a BMW M6 GT3, in the rain. This car is a tricky one in the wet, and Shanghai is a slippery track, so it's definitely a wild ride; expect to be doing a lot of counter-steering, and it's difficult to get any traction at all on the waterfront and the main stretch at the end of the lap.

Today is a Hot Lap at Oschersleben B in a Mercedes-AMG GT R. Getting the fat Merc to rotate through all of the long hairpin bends here is a tricky task, for sure.

The new Weekly event is a Hot Lap at Mugello Short in the rain; despite the event name, it's open to any Road C class car, including upgraded cars from your garage. I found that a tuned 2020 Stingray worked well for me; it's very surefooted in the wet, but rotates a bit better through Mugello's long corners than some of the 4WD options. Looking at the early leaderboards, some folks are also turning fast laps with the 2020 NSX, the electric 4WD Porsche Taycan, and the nimble little Exige Cup (presumably all tuned-up versions), so there's plenty of competitive options out there.

Today is a Hot Lap at the long Havana Capitolio Pass in an Alpine A110S road car. This is a fun little sports car to power through the sweeping curves on this course. Just don't do too much trail braking, or you'll lose grip at the rear and scrub off a lot of speed.

Today is a Pace Setter at Zuhai in an Audi R18 prototype. A fairly fast car, so lots of hard braking for Zuhai's sharp corners, but it handles very well, so it's not too difficult. Don't forget to use your boost; works best from the top end of 4th gear or so.

Today is a Hot Lap at Road America in a KTM X-Bow GT4, in the rain. The X-Bow GT car is very surefooted in the wet, but there are a lot of hard braking zones here, and a lot of standing water in inconvenient places on the back half of the course, so it can still be a bit tricky. Just keep it out of the puddles as much as you can and don't brake too late at the ends of the long straights.

Today is a Hot Lap at Monza in a Skyline Super Silhouette. Monza's not a terribly interesting track, but at least the Skyline is fast and squirrely enough that getting through the chicanes quickly is a little bit of a challenge. Just watch for that snap oversteer at peak torque in the lower gears.

Today is a Pace Setter at Zandvoort National in a Ginetta G40. A deceptively tricky event; while the Ginetta is a rather slow car, that means that momentum is everything, and even the smallest mistake in any corner will cost you a ton of time.

Today is a Hot Lap at Willow Springs in a Ford GT. Managing the GT's understeer through all the long fast corners here is key; get it a bit wrong and you'll just push straight off the track.

The new Weekly event is a Hot Lap at Oschersleben A in any Road E car, including tuned garage cars. Think we had a similar event not long ago on the B layout, but this one's a bit more fun, as the A circuit at least has some more corner variety, and some chicanes and such that are fun to fling a slower car through.

Today's event is a Pace Setter at Laguna Seca in a Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo. We've done this one before, I'm sure. Not too difficult, but the Nissan has a fair bit of understeer, especially in the slower corners, so brake early and don't miss your turn-in point.

Today is a Hot Lap at Jerez GP in a Porsche 917/10 Can-Am. A fast and slippery car; making a fast lap means using that oversteer to get the car to rotate around the tighter corners here without overdoing it and sliding off the track.

Today is a Pace Setter at the Texas Motor Speedway Road Course in a BMW V12 LMR. We've done this a few times before, and it's still not a very fun event; the Texas roval is a dull track and the V12 LMR is unpleasantly slippery. Be sure to use the curbs through the chicane to straighten it out, and be careful on that last corner back onto the oval, as it's very hard to get around that turn smoothly.

Has anyone figured out how to turn ghosts off?
I bought PC3 the other day in the Steam sale, and did a couple of the rivals events. I can't see any way to turn ghosts on? I'd love to be able to drive against the ghost of any performance from the leaderboard that I choose. Also, the deltas it shows are garbage, they seem to compare to some random previous performance of mine. Again, I'd like to be able to choose a performance from the leaderboard to see time deltas relative to. The physics doesn't seem that bad to me, there's still plenty of challenge in trying to be fast. But the issues with ghosts and time deltas really spoil it for me, unless I'm missing something in the UI that will make it all work? There only seem to be a few hundred people doing these rivals events, maybe these issues are the cause?

I can't see any way to turn ghosts on?
3 ghosts should download each time you load the track up. Perhaps you are faster than the initial 3 (who are towards the bottom) and you leave them behind at the start - so you don't see them? After each attempt at a lap, to get fresh ghosts that are near your time you need to exit back to the main Rivals screen. It should then load new one's in at your next attempt.

The 3 Rivals should be the ones listed on the right of the main screen.
the deltas it shows are garbage, they seem to compare to some random previous performance of mine.
I think the deltas are related to the fastest ghost you have currently loaded, not your own. So maybe there are some back there.
There only seem to be a few hundred people doing these rivals events,
I don't think PC3 took off on PC that well so the numbers have never been that high. On console there's a larger user base.

Last edited:
Rivals ghosts seem to have been completely broken on the PC version for a while now; it's been ages since I've seen them.

Deltas for me seem to compare against the last successfully completed lap (e.g. one without an invalidated lap time), regardless of whether said attempt was faster than your fastest time or not. They'd definitely be more useful if they always used your fastest time, though.

Rivals ghosts seem to have been completely broken on the PC version for a while now; it's been ages since I've seen them.

Deltas for me seem to compare against the last successfully completed lap (e.g. one without an invalidated lap time), regardless of whether said attempt was faster than your fastest time or not. They'd definitely be more useful if they always used your fastest time, though.
I agree I prefer to have the delta from my fastest time. It makes it much easier to improve your lap times

Thanks, that's consistent with what I was seeing. I have to say, I also bought Wreckfest in the Steam sale, and since trying that, I haven't felt much urge to go back to PC3. I find Wreckfest's physics much better, and am really enjoying the weekly and seasonal time trials in Wreckfest, which have quite a decent number of participants. Just took me a solid 90 minute session to learn the 6 minute rally track well enough to get gold on the seasonal TT, which I assume has over 10k participants, as it says exactly 10k, which seems unlikely.

Been doing the Rivals on & off again & thoroughly enjoying today's pace setter at Lydden hill GP. Have a question, the 3 rival ghosts don't show up anymore or even their times in the main page. On a PS4 pro... Is it just me or is there a problem?

Have noticed when I go into the lobbies in GT7 it tells me I have NAT Type 3 this last wee while. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Maybe this has something to do with it.
A NAT type 3 is a bit one way in that doesn't forward incoming traffic, so this could be the problem regarding the Rivals ghosts. It will allow to connect outwards to servers though. It's not really the best for online gaming with a type 2 or 1(open) being much better.

A network test, accessed in your PlayStation's system settings, will tell you which type It's using.

Back