Decent FF Car

Yeah, the Honda Integra R, running about 280 hp with full suspension and racing trans, is a very very nice car to drive. It should handle what you're looking for.

Welcome to GTPlanet, Flying Pig. Check out the other boards, the sticky Read This: threads, and the search button. A lot of good information has passed through this forum. Enjoy your stay!

I just found it 5 minutes ago its the Citroen Xsara Rally Car and its actually quite good despite its speed but the turbo kit may have someithng to say about that.

-Flying Piggy

Try the TRD Celica:

trd_celica.jpg

But that is French. I know there is some type of French joke I could use to perfection right here, but I can't think of one. Anyone?

I think I beat these races with a Xsara. I think it was stock, too.

I like the Honda Integra type R or the Toyota Celica TRD model... both are very nice... i should have thought of using the FF rally car but i guess it wasnt in my mind at that perticular time...

ROll

This question comes up about once a week....

the best is the Xsara Rally car but you should experiment will different cars...i am a fan of the Celica TRD and the Fiat Turbo Coupe
attachment.php

The Civic Type-R isn't bad either, when you have a decent setup. I nearly eliminated all understeer on mine.

The trick with FWD cars is to get rid of the LSD when you can (obviously, you can't take it off the Xsara or the Beetle Cup Car) It really improves the handling a lot.

I love the TRD Celica, but if you don't have that, the Integra is just awsome, and whoops up on the other FF competitors

Originally posted by Tazio
The Citroen Xsara is French.

man this dude is on the ball today...

cheers ving...the fiat is a lovely machine....at least it has a classy real Italian race bred chassis and body work....unlike all these other crappy imitation FFs...:lol:

Ya, but I find myself putting ON the LSD 'cause on cars like the PT Cruiser you get LOADS of 1 wheel wheelspin with that unlimited-slip differential coming out of corners, and I lose exit corner acceleration.

Originally posted by TurboSmoke
man this dude is on the ball today...

Dude, I said that because JoniK thought that Klos was talking about the Fiat being French. I was just letting JoniK know that Klos was talking about the Xsara. :rolleyes:

This weekend, i got back into playing the game for severl hours and drove cars in my garage that rarely get an outing....

the Beetle Cup Car is quite a little mover for an FF car, fast enough for beat rally cars on tarmac and very good handling...

people dont really mention this car in the FF debate...is this because you dont rate it much or because it lurks too much in the shadow of its 4WD RSi big brother and tends to get forgotten.?
:)

Originally posted by Tazio
Dude, I said that because JoniK thought that Klos was talking about the Fiat being French. I was just letting JoniK know that Klos was talking about the Xsara. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I assumed he was talking about the Fiat Coupe since the last post before him had a picture of the Fiat Coupe.

Again, our fully-tuned (178hp) Mini Cooper 1.3i was enough to blow the Pro FF field apart - lapping at least one of the AI cars each race...

If you can do it in a fully tuned Mini, you can do it in ANY tuned FF at all. And if you're having trouble with understeer, set rear toe to at least -1.5 (maybe even -2.0).

Most powerful FF (tuned) - Honda Integra Type-R (492hp)
Most powerful FF (stock) - Citroen Xsara Rally Car (295hp)

Other good ones:
TRD Celica Sports M
Spoon Civic Type-R
Honda Civic Type-R
VW Beetle Cup Car (out-powers the Xsara Rally Car when both are fully-tuned)
FIAT Coupe Turbo Plus 20v
Acura Integra Type-R (if you must)
Mitsubishi FTO GPversionR

But as I said, ANYTHING fully-tuned will do it. I did it in the Mini. RoadHazzard I believe documented a Pitz run (which I THINK is in the "Read This: Look Here Before You Ask" thread).

Back