Delayed April 2015

• Thread starter ChrisWAFC
  • 370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I preorder the game 5 minutes ago in a gamestop store and paid. Game delayed to 15/05/2015. The salesman is a friend and showed me the database, they received yesterday the new date. Just for your info they noticed me the first delay in octore 10 days before it officially happened. Also on amazon italy released date for the limited has been removed.
We haven't heard anything about it yet on the dev forums but I could see it happening honestly. It could use another month or two to really get rid of 99% of the bugs.

Not a single person should give a flaming crap about what the zit-faced Gamestop employee told you about what his girlfriend's dog told him about Project CARS. What I care to know is what are the true sources behind these claims? Those that have given money to the game's development and that have access to the Project CARS forums are those that possess any credibility. What do those guys say?

^ The current situation is that we have no information concerning any additional delays, and to our knowledge the game is still to be released in March.

Not a single person should give a flaming crap about what the zit-faced Gamestop employee told you about what his girlfriend's dog told him about Project CARS. What I care to know is what are the true sources behind these claims? Those that have given money to the game's development and that have access to the Project CARS forums are those that possess any credibility. What do those guys say?

I paid 80€ and on the receipt i have 15/05 as release date, than to be sure i checked their site and as in their database they changed the release date, now 15/05. Also on amazon italy release date for Limited Edition has been removed.

I do not post a photo of the receipt cause there are my personal data on it (pre-order receipt), but here's a screen of their site in italy. And just to give all the info the same process happened 10 days before they moved the release date from November to March, also they changed the released date way before all the info spreading around.
upload_2015-1-18_20-17-20.png

If you follow closely the games industry you know that in 99.9% of cases like this the signs are true and the game is delayed. So yeah, get ready for another disappointment.

4 years to develop a damn racing game. What are these people doing? Why did they decide to make another game (World of Speed) at the same time? Slightly Mad owes us some answers because this is getting ridiculous.

I paid 80€ and on the receipt i have 15/05 as release date, than to be sure i checked their site and as in their database they changed the release date, now 15/05. Also on amazon italy release date for Limited Edition has been removed.
Interesting. That's only the LE version though. The regular versions are still listed as 20/03. Could it be a longer lead time to get the LE produced with its metal box + printed booklet? Other shops that I've checked right now has 20/03 for all versions.

I do not post a photo of the receipt cause there are my personal data on it (pre-order receipt), but here's a screen of their site in italy. And just to give all the info the same process happened 10 days before they moved the release date from November to March, also they changed the released date way before all the info spreading around.
View attachment 293344
Could just be the release date in Italy? I know for a fact that some games come out weeks-months later in other countries.

Interesting. That's only the LE version though. The regular versions are still listed as 20/03. Could it be a longer lead time to get the LE produced with its metal box + printed booklet? Other shops that I've checked right now has 20/03 for all versions.

That's a good point... I hope it is the case (sorry LE pre-orders) because I NEED to get my hands on this game ASAP

in the store also the regular one was 15/05

I'm seeing 20/03 in the Italian gamestop store here. It's all a bit confusing...
yes, i asked them, still to be updated. Soon it will be displayed as limited edition. This their answer. In fact in the store i was pretty confused. We will see, i hope is just a big mistake from gamestop even if in store they said they received yesterday the new date.

And for your info it's the same on amazon italy, 20/03 the standard and now the date for the limited has been moved to TBD.

With a small team, getting a demo ready would mean a further delay for the full game. I'd rather the game is out a soon as possible, I wouldn't mind a few maintenance releases...

With a small team, getting a demo ready would mean a further delay for the full game. I'd rather the game is out a soon as possible, I wouldn't mind a few maintenance releases...

Reviewers don't go back on games after they got those 'maintenance patches' to fix things though. So if your initial 'pre-patch' game sucks donkeywood... you're screwed!

Oh, please don't say this isn't true. I already have more than enough game-related stuff to buy in May.

If Amazon says March...then I guarantee March.:gtpflag:

What if the Limited and Standard editions release on different dates? :odd:

Doesn't make sense to me, some would cancel their Limited Edition to have the game sooner.
Well it doesn't make sense to me either...just trying to think why that small Spanish(?) site said May...while Amazon says March. Amazon did update from the original date literally from the moment WMD announced it so I'm sticking with them.

I really hope the game is released in March, as I've got other games that I will most likely be playing in May (Battlefield Hardline, F1 2015, and NASCAR 15) and would rather get addicted to this and then play the others. However I have a good feeling that these are just assumptions by the game stores as there hasn't been much news on the game recently... But bandai namco did delay the game on October 16th-17th, about 2 months before the December release, so it is possible since it's the 18/19th and there are 2 months left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back