Demo is up!!

anyone from NA notice that their rankings don't appear anywhere right now?
(playing with either the EU or JP versions that is) Ranks appear in the game menu, but not on the online websites.

Because you didn't download the NA version. If it wasn't like this then everyone could enter the GT Academy competition.

Yeah I noticed that this morning, after I had spent a couple hours last night getting myself into the 4th overall position...

.... with a controller of all things. :sly:

Those must be some very good lap times mate! I having trouble with the TCS:crazy:! Whats the ideia of not having an option? Thats just stupid...

Those must be some very good lap times mate! I having trouble with the TCS:crazy:! Whats the ideia of not having an option? Thats just stupid...

Yeah, well they've been deleted. Hopefully they re-appear on the USA boards when the demo is available for download.

To clarify yes I'm aware you arnt meant to crank the wheel(stick), but even allow the wheels to turn that fast for a controller user is a joke and far from how a sim should behave. I certainly hope there is a real demo that allows you to take the physics engine off "professional" (badly named by the way.) because at this rate if this is how the game behaves I wouldn't take it for free.

I've been having the same thoughts

Once you have made a Japanese account it is really easy to download. Once you are in the new account go to the PS Store and you will see a huge car on the front of the store just click on that and then download :)

It then installs itself you really cant go wrong at least the game when downloaded is all in English :)

Did it this morning and it works out! I am glad the text in the game is english since I was a bit afraid that downloading from a japanese account will have all the text in japanese.

I do wonder if the fans in Japan will have english texts too :lol:

Did it this morning and it works out! I am glad the text in the game is english since I was a bit afraid that downloading from a japanese account will have all the text in japanese.

I do wonder if the fans in Japan will have english texts too :lol:

Funny thing is, the game I downloaded using my japanese account was in japanese?

I said this in a different thread, but I'm expecting it at 8PM eastern/5 pacific. It fits with SCEA's total stupidity regarding this comp/demo compared to the rest of the world.

I feel you guys. If lack of method is what is keeping you from dl'ing from another source here is the same tutorial I successfully used this afternoon to get a JP psn account running and I had the demo within about 10 mins after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

Sorry I didn't check to see if this was the issue or not I'm just hopping into this thread between laps :P.

I feel you guys. If lack of method is what is keeping you from dl'ing from another source here is the same tutorial I successfully used this afternoon to get a JP psn account running and I had the demo within about 10 mins after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

Sorry I didn't check to see if this was the issue or not I'm just hopping into this thread between laps :P.

It's not lack of method, its that any laptimes we do out of are region are null and void. I've had the JP version since last night but I'd really like the NA version so my laps aren't pointless.

Ahhh yes, my apologies. That's annoying me too. But honestly, given that the stiffest competition --and you-- will have until mid January to practise and get good times I cannot see any laps from tonight or even tomorrow holding up in the long run. I agree it's a pain in the ass though.

i got a 1:48.1 was 91st when i did it about 2 hours ago, very chuffed , game is imense, million times better than expected. CANNOT WAIT for full game!!

Yeah seriously, it's like we have been forgotten and ignored by SCEA with GT. Had this been Uncharted 2 content it would have been on at 12:00 on the dot

Funny how well Microsoft supplied all the Forza content when it was supposed to be there, on time and better than expected.

Now Sony's effort blows, we all can admit that. There's no clutch either...which will be super cool to try out this new physics crap they're talking about. I guess the clutch has nothing to do with physics.

Funny how well Microsoft supplied all the Forza content when it was supposed to be there, on time and better than expected.

Now Sony's effort blows, we all can admit that. There's no clutch either...which will be super cool to try out this new physics crap they're talking about. I guess the clutch has nothing to do with physics.

Oops, your in the wrong thread, here is a thread made with you in mind! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123623

They should have said it's coming Dec.18th in North America. Then we would all be happy that it's released early (assuming it comes out before midnight) instead of upset that it's so late. :dopey:

shut up dude he's right. This is pathetic the day is about to end and there is still no demo on the PS store. Very unprofessional.

Thank you.

In the end, I don't work for either Sony or MS, not a game retailer, not a news caster, I'm nothing but a customer. Customers have mouths, and fingers to discuss their thoughts. I've been part of Polyphony's development way longer most. I played the first, the original Gran Turismo, demo, the moment it was available, and played every single one of the Gran Turismo games to death. They've gotten better and better, and so on, but now they are trying to hard to tease their customers, that they've lost. Look at Forza. It came out of nowhere after GT4 was out, and has become something as good and better as all the gran turismo games put together, and GT5 is a year away.

No doubt GT5 will be amazing, but come on now. Christmas 09' release, to March 2010 release, now a summer 10' release...we all know it's christmas 10'. They are just laying the sauce little by little, and thinking they are gaining publicity and more "followers" for the game, but they're wrong. They've lost many.

Back