Demo is up!!

...and downloading slower than a slow thing !!
Indeed. It's literally downloading at 56k speed (currently 3% complete, 80 minutes left and increasing)... I thought my dial-up days were over :grumpy:

I tried making a japanese account and downloading the demo - and it was in japanese?!?

Downloading the EU version now. It doesn't seem that slow to me...

EDIT: Already at 30% after a couple of minutes

I got an awesome dl speed despite being wireless,got it in5 minutes which was nice. Just waiting for the server.

Use it right or wrong it doesn't matter its going to take you more then a 1/4 of a second to turn a wheel from left to right lock.

That shouldnt matter you are just a born whiner. Use the controller right and its ok. It used to feel a lot worse because the wheels used to react too slow with the controller.

It feels fine to me. Much better to me because I dont have anything to clamp my G25 to. Also the options for picture smoothing and flicker reduction are a welcome bonus.

Flicker reduction and picture smoothing should not need to be options. Simple as that. This looks and plays like a game made 10 years ago, just in hi-res with nice looking cars.

Not impressed, it's just GT5p with 1 (sub par) track and 1 car in 2 PP settings.
I know that's all it's supposed to be, competition based and all, but I don't see how
anyone that hasn't played prologue would be impressed really. Anyway, i'm at 16th
(overall) with a controller and it's probably lower since I started writing. So it's time to
grab the wheel from the PC again. Good luck to everyone competing and good luck
to Polyphony aswell, I doubt the demo is going to sell extra copies.

@Chadwick I don't understand how you can enjoy the physics on N1's when forced
into traction controll setting 7! TC is for girls and children. :P It makes the stock car
feel like a retarded hippo on crack to me.

Not impressed, it's just GT5p with 1 (sub par) track and 1 car in 2 PP settings.
I know that's all it's supposed to be, competition based and all, but I don't see how
anyone that hasn't played prologue would be impressed really. Anyway, i'm at 16th
(overall) with a controller and it's probably lower since I started writing. So it's time to

into traction controll setting 7! TC is for girls and children. :P It makes the stock car
It's N3's fyi :sly:
And the TC is very annoying, I agree.

Soullessvessel
Use it right or wrong it doesn't matter its going to take you more then a 1/4 of a second to turn a wheel from left to right lock.
In racing, you hardly, if ever, on stock vehicles, turn the wheel till it's locked, let alone from one lock to the other, so that's a fairly ignorant statement.
Try dialing smoothly, like the rest of us with DS3's. :D

Can anyone tell me how the handling feels? Is it more like gt5p or gt4?

I hated the way the cars were very prone to oversteer in gt4. To me, prologue's handling was excellent.

Can anyone tell me how the handling feels? Is it more like gt5p or gt4?

I hated the way the cars were very prone to oversteer in gt4. To me, prologue's handling was excellent.

More like prologue but a bit more refined. The weight transfer, tyres, brakes and throttle to me all feel a bit better. It is almost the same as GT5:P, just more refined is the way i'd describe it.

More like prologue but a bit more refined. The weight transfer, tyres, brakes and throttle to me all feel a bit better. It is almost the same as GT5:P, just more refined is the way i'd describe it.

Cool. That's the news I was looking to hear. Thanks. Don't have the internet at home, but I'm going to take my ps3 to a friends house tonight... Please tell me you can play offline and load your times at a later date.

I get up 5am to download the demo to find out its not there on my PS store! :ouch: I want to play this demo before I go to work, because I will lose some concentration if I don't at least get a chance to play it.

O well, time to make a japanese account for the first time ever. Hopefully, I can look past the japanese symbols and figure out which is "download." :crazy:

I get up 5am to download the demo to find out its not there on my PS store! :ouch: I want to play this demo before I go to work, because I will lose some concentration if I don't at least get a chance to play it.

O well, time to make a japanese account for the first time ever. Hopefully, I can look past the japanese symbols and figure out which is "download." :crazy:

Once you have made a Japanese account it is really easy to download. Once you are in the new account go to the PS Store and you will see a huge car on the front of the store just click on that and then download :)

It then installs itself you really cant go wrong at least the game when downloaded is all in English :)

So I had to check it out, pretty impressed. I made a Japanese PSN account, downloaded it. I was driving within an hour of starting to make the other account.

Very nice feel, I was impressed with the driving and the track model. Lap 4 was 158 (1:54.3)on LB while listening to music and very DUI. I guess many people aren't playing yet!

I love the new physics, it's seriously awesome. I have terrible times though, playing with a controller because my replacement G25 still hasn't arrived. :(

The controller was tricky, i suggest the triggers and joysticks for smoother inputs if possible, or even best a wheel. I was using d pad and buttons and it was not optimal.

I am very impressed so far by the new physics =)

I checked the PS store this moring for the NA version, wasn't available at 7am Eastern Time. So I downloaded the European version. Any here can confirm is the NA version is now available? thanks in advance.

^ thanks Dravonic

anyone from NA notice that their rankings don't appear anywhere right now?
(playing with either the EU or JP versions that is) Ranks appear in the game menu, but not on the online websites.

XD I like how everyone is mindlessly defending this with "you don't use full steering look in a real car learn to use the controller" I'm not whining I'm stating fact this is ment to be a sim, but when I get a car sideways it instantly pulls out of a drift in a fraction of a second, that's not sim behavior, I know very well your not ment to crank the steering, but with a controller you easily can, and if you do the car feels like it belongs in ridge racer.

To clarify yes I'm aware you arnt meant to crank the wheel(stick), but even allow the wheels to turn that fast for a controller user is a joke and far from how a sim should behave. I certainly hope there is a real demo that allows you to take the physics engine off "professional" (badly named by the way.) because at this rate if this is how the game behaves I wouldn't take it for free.

yeah you're definitely not whining, yes using a controller blows, i suggest you try a wheel out.

still no sign of the demo in the NA store.

that sucks, what about a wheel that folds up when not in use, i forget which wheel stand does this but it looked handy if you can afford it (EDIT its wheel stand pro).

still no sign of the NA demo.

Last edited:

That was a fairly cheeky comment considering the actual purpose of the demo is to get a new driver for GT Academy. If you don't think the media from this event will not sell more copies, then your clearly not looking at the broad picture.

anyone from NA notice that their rankings don't appear anywhere right now?
(playing with either the EU or JP versions that is) Ranks appear in the game menu, but not on the online websites.

Yeah I noticed that this morning, after I had spent a couple hours last night getting myself into the 4th overall position...

yeah you're definitely not whining, yes using a controller blows, i suggest you try a wheel out.

still no sign of the demo in the NA store.

.... with a controller of all things. :sly:

Back