Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Thread starter Lain
  • 67 comments
Oh, sorry, I meant if it's a DLC.

Actually, you were right. I meant to say £10-15 is too expensive, but I accidentally typed "too cheap". I think somewhere in the region of £5 would be reasonable. It's difficult to justify charging more as the game itself could probably be picked up for not much more than that. Then again, that never stopped the likes of COD with their map packs being similarly priced to the game.

It is a bit late for dlc too. I imagine the game has dropped off most people's radar by now. As for the ending, I never got that far. I put deus ex to the side to play la noire and mass effect 2. Then I moved to Japan and by the time I had my ps3 shipped to me, I had a few other games to occupy myself with. I think I'll dig out deus ex hr again.

HR Director's Cut came out in the US earlier this week and will be released in the UK tomorrow. Those who already have a PC copy of the original title can also get an upgrade discount when buying the DC.

Somewhere under £13 is about as much as I'd expected this version to be. But those who want a console copy can get it for about £20-25 as a separate release (£30-ish for Wii U).The improved visuals, tweaked boss battles, as well as tossing in the Missing Link DLC and a couple of pre-order packs for free sounds pretty good. I just wish the PC price was the same for non-Wii U console versions (It's an all new release on the Wii U, so the full price seem more justified). It's something I'm still planning on buying soon though.

And I do like how you can use the Wii U GamePad/Vita/SmartGlass in order to hack terminals this time.

Last edited:
I bought the Director's Cut when it came out here (two days after the US release), but true to PC-gamer-with-a-backlog form, I haven't touched it yet. I don't really want to go through the tutorial again, but I guess it's not that long. PC gamers who have the standard version of the game get 50% off, and if they have the Missing Link DLC they get another 25% off, so it cost me just under £4.

As I’m preparing myself for Cyberpunk’s launch, decided to revisit this game’s trailer.
Although graphically it doesn’t hold up, I think the writing and the emotions you feel watching it are still there and even more so today.

I feel cyberpunk 2077 is actually a more lighthearted game than Deus Ex:HR, just based on what we’ve seen so far. I hope I’m wrong and Cyberpunk ends up being an emotional gut-wrencher.

It's funny that this game and Mankind Divided got spat on by DX purists, but these games were both pretty awesome IMO.

It's funny that this game and Mankind Divided got spat on by DX purists, but these games were both pretty awesome IMO.
I agree, they are. HR IMO is much better than MD, but still even the second game was quite good. I can’t say how they compare to the original though as by the time I found out about it I had a hard time getting into it as the game didn’t age that well.

The original was brilliant for it's time, but yeah, it's not aged great. I did try to replay it last year (I think) and I gave up early on, not just because of the graphics, I can happily replay PS1 games I like afterall, but the controls etc. also felt very dated and awkward compared to more modern games.

Last edited:
I think the entire series is dead... Squeenix has no faith in this.

I've played thru the 1st three.

Deus Ex. what is one to say. I bought to one in the box on cd and its everything people say it is.

IW. I didnt mind it. On its own its a good game but its a shadow of the original in every respect.

HR is amazing. I think it does come very close to the excellence of the original. It is rushed in spots however there are some amazing moments in it especially if you enjoy the world building in new detroit. Some of the buildings in it you have to experience. I'm a lover of great architecture in games and few games come close to this.

Mankind Divided. I keep seeing this in the 2nd hand bins on console pc for like $5. Been meaning to run thru it on pc.

Ends on a cliffhanger that may likely never get resolved.

Back