Dirt Rally 2.0 Wheel Settings

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 234 comments
@Dazvid , that is good to hear. Which settings did you use?

I see the T150 has 1080 degrees lock to lock , so do you set your steering saturation to 50 % to achieve 540 degrees in the game?

Hi can someone put a good FFB settup? (I mean %, wheel degrees, saturation, SAT, etc..) I m running the game with logitech g29 wheel on ps4. Thanks!

@Rasalom , I think not many folks have the good ol' sidewinder hooked up.

Did you try Saturation levels above 100?
yes my first thought was to use 150. couldn't make any turns at any speed.
I'm looking to buy a TMX. I'm just hoping it's not the game's fault because it would be a waste.

Last edited:
Since you have the G29 on ps4, try Softlock OFF and FFB is something different than the behaviour of the wheel saturation to 60. This will give your G29 540 degrees. This way it matches the steering wheel on the screen.

I'd increase the FFB but other are actually lowering it.

Since you have the G29 on ps4, try Softlock OFF and FFB is something different than the behaviour of the wheel saturation to 60. This will give your G29 540 degrees. This way it matches the steering wheel on the screen.

I'd increase the FFB but other are actually lowering it.
Thanks, what about calibrating wheel? Which % and degrees do you use?

so first 450 to either left or right and press x. On the second screen 90 to left or right and press x
Sorry for my poor knowledge.. but how do you get 540 degrees? Should I do it on calibrating screen? When I calibrate the wheel, the first screen asks me the percentage of my wheel until it gets blocked. Next screen asks me the degrees (I think it ´s based on first screen).
Something important to mention, I love using the wheel with short turns, I do not like use it crossing my arms too much.
If you can post pictures with your config from calibrating screens to FFB config, it would be much appreciated.

These settings are really working very well for me. Every car feels excellent so far. G920 on Xbox.
IMG_20190228_231351.jpg
IMG_20190228_231422.jpg

I am using fanatec csl elite PS4 and default settings seems pretty good for me, although different surfaces doesn't seems to make any difference, but weight transfer and overall ffb strength it's satisfying.

Try calibrating the wheel.

When you go to the wheel settings pressing the green triangle will allow you to do the calibration.

When it asks you to turn the wheel fully don’t do that, just turn it 3/4 (270°) of a full rotation and then press X. Follow the rest of the instructions as normal. This should give you a 540° wheel which you’ll find much more responsive. Just be aware that if you really want a true sim then 540° is too small for the historic cars.

It won’t solve the lack of detail in the FFB, but it will get you driving.
Yes I did that plus these ffb set up a i'my loving it g29

Attachments

• 20190301_065822.jpg
    20190301_065822.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 175
Add me to the opinion that the wheel resistance is on the heavy side. Did the first four events today in ‘My Team’ or whatever the off/online solo mode is called. All of my experience is with default feedback settings right out of the box.

Spain: not too bad, definitely feels like D4 but a bit stronger. Wet conditions with wet tires seems more like a weight I would prefer in dry.

New Zealand: the Fulvia of course being front wheel drive doesn’t help matters, but is an understeering king. It really took some early braking and care in the turns.

Argentina wasn’t too bad with understeer.

New England was decent, but the hairpins are a nightmare of arm wrestling.

Haven’t tried Poland or Australia yet.

Maybe the pushy feeling is exacerbated by a completely rutted out track, especially when wet. It feels like slogging through the mud.

Now I do wish there was more detail in the FFB. It’s basically just a big heavy mass of force, but you do get some rumbles going over metal grates when they’re present but that’s it so far.

After playing through all locations and trying at least one car of each drivetrain layout I will probably go back and tinker around with the control settings.

Hello everyone ,have any of you got a good setup for fanatec csl on xbox x, im loving the game with controller but feel im missing out with not using my rig .i am messing about with it myself but im just not able to get right ,
thanks in advance . Edit tried setups from previous posts even tho for different wheels but i dont have tyre /wheel friction options for some reason

Last edited:
Add me to the opinion that the wheel resistance is on the heavy side. Did the first four events today in ‘My Team’ or whatever the off/online solo mode is called. All of my experience is with default feedback settings right out of the box.

Spain: not too bad, definitely feels like D4 but a bit stronger. Wet conditions with wet tires seems more like a weight I would prefer in dry.

New Zealand: the Fulvia of course being front wheel drive doesn’t help matters, but is an understeering king. It really took some early braking and care in the turns.

Argentina wasn’t too bad with understeer.

New England was decent, but the hairpins are a nightmare of arm wrestling.

Haven’t tried Poland or Australia yet.

Maybe the pushy feeling is exacerbated by a completely rutted out track, especially when wet. It feels like slogging through the mud.

Now I do wish there was more detail in the FFB. It’s basically just a big heavy mass of force, but you do get some rumbles going over metal grates when they’re present but that’s it so far.

After playing through all locations and trying at least one car of each drivetrain layout I will probably go back and tinker around with the control settings.

I felt the same when I first used default settings for the G29. Have a look at a few setup vids on YouTube. I have reduced Saturation and centring force to about 60, after calibrating. Heaps better but still lacks some surface detail. I'm sure it's being worked on.

MY CSL ELITE WHEEL SETTINGS XBOX ONE X
will just throw these up here in case it helps someone
calibrate wheel as normal ,softlock off saturation 50 =540 lock
self aligning torque 70
suspension 50
collision 85 (very strong reaction on this wheel)
steering center force 150 (high as it goes but working for me)
rest as standard settings
feels better on gravel then tarmac but is a good allrounder i feei :cheers:

Thought I'd share my wheel settings after a week of fiddling. This is on PC using a Fanatec CSW v2. I haven't made the change to the define_devices file. This gives plenty strong feedback with quite a bit of road feel from the suspension setting. For example I get a very nice rattle of the wheel when going over a sheep grid in Australia and New Zealand. General road feel is not as enhanced as with the sheep grids but I have improved that by turning of vibration in my wheel settings which gets rid of the constant buzzing of vibration that I think was supposed to a add to the road feel but ended up just being annoying. I'd like more road feel but at least I can feel something now. The wheel also goes light over jumps and crests and I can now definitely feels the front getting lighter when I understeer, at least on tarmac, not so much on rough surfaces. I still hope codies improve things to make this game what it deserves to be but I'm happy for now.

cCO9vkk.png

Back