Dirt Rally 2.0 Wheel Settings

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 234 comments
MY CSL ELITE WHEEL SETTINGS XBOX ONE X
will just throw these up here in case it helps someone
calibrate wheel as normal ,softlock off saturation 50 =540 lock
self aligning torque 70
suspension 50
collision 85 (very strong reaction on this wheel)
steering center force 150 (high as it goes but working for me)
rest as standard settings
feels better on gravel then tarmac but is a good allrounder i feei :cheers:

Can you also post your in wheel settings? Thanks

Thought I'd share my wheel settings after a week of fiddling. This is on PC using a Fanatec CSW v2. I haven't made the change to the define_devices file. This gives plenty strong feedback with quite a bit of road feel from the suspension setting. For example I get a very nice rattle of the wheel when going over a sheep grid in Australia and New Zealand. General road feel is not as enhanced as with the sheep grids but I have improved that by turning of vibration in my wheel settings which gets rid of the constant buzzing of vibration that I think was supposed to a add to the road feel but ended up just being annoying. I'd like more road feel but at least I can feel something now. The wheel also goes light over jumps and crests and I can now definitely feels the front getting lighter when I understeer, at least on tarmac, not so much on rough surfaces. I still hope codies improve things to make this game what it deserves to be but I'm happy for now.

cCO9vkk.png

I play with CSL ELITE on PS4 the overall feedback what the car is doing is really good the grip counter steering etc. but the road feel like difference in surface gravel, cobblestones, tarmac bumps and jumps is totally absent. Only the sheep grids have this effect also on stock settings. I really think they not implemented the good version of FFB in the final build of the game.
The game feels really good and very fun to drive because you feel what the car is doing only there is zero “special effects”
When they fix this the FFB will be sublime

After using the default settings on the T300, I’m thinking the FFB isn’t too bad but let me explain.

I’ve driven the Fulvia, A110, and the Cadette. Yes, the FFB may be a little heavy and I do wish there was more detail from road effects like bumps (not just crests, jumps, and cattle grids), but the current FFB does remind you that you’re piloting something that’s made of metal and weighs a half ton.

I also can tell a difference starting 150th on a fully rutted out surface that’s wet versus starting mid pack that’s dry. It’s more or less what I’d expect. There’s a lot more to test out, so we’ll see how things shape up down the road.

Another thing that other titles do a bit better is give you more road feel through the tactile transducer. DiRT games basically only give you engine effects.

Another thing that other titles do a bit better is give you more road feel through the tactile transducer. DiRT games basically only give you engine effects.
I agree with the rest of your post, but this paragraph.

In my opinion, the feeling I get from from the road on Dirt Rally 1 is just as high as any sim I've tried.

I agree with the rest of your post, but this paragraph.

In my opinion, the feeling I get from from the road on Dirt Rally 1 is just as high as any sim I've tried.

It’s not bad in DiRT games don’t get me wrong, but there’s something about coming off a jump in WRC7 or V-Rally 4 that really kicks you in the butt. I will try DR2 again and see.

It’s not bad in DiRT games don’t get me wrong, but there’s something about coming off a jump in WRC7 or V-Rally 4 that really kicks you in the butt. I will try DR2 again and see.
Hmm, you see to me Dirt Rally 1's Tyre Model felt more alive then WRC-7.. Not talking about it's slightly more arcade feel (WRC-7), but just the amount of information to the wheel.

In fact, I even booted up WRC-7 and Dirt Rally 1 to compare how they feel after I played Dirt 2.0 for a few hours last night.

All in all, you can clearly tell though that, Dirt 2.0 is a cut above any one of the current Rally Sims. This, even with half of it's FFB settings not working properly.. yet.

Can't wait till they update it.

please someone tell me they are going to fix the ffb road feel... I am late to the ps4 ,,,but I just got Dirt Rally a few months ago ( used to play on ps3 also ) and a Fanatec csl elite wheel... Dirt Rally is so awesome with Fanatec... and I can't believe Rally 2.o is so bad... I watched a lot of reviews and never saw everything that is said in this thread... What happened?

Last edited:
Can you also post your in wheel settings? Thanks
Hi yes wheel settings are pretty basic
Sen = auto
Ffb = 70 . Tried 100 makes no difference.
Brake force 80 personal preference for load cell brake
Fei=50
Rest off as p1elite rim does not use them
As other state feeling the grids ,bridges and big jumps a bit but not half of what I would expect compared to pc2 or assetto corsa

please someone tell me they are going to fix the ffb road feel... I am late to the ps4 ,,,but I just got Dirt Rally a few months ago ( used to play on ps3 also ) and a Fanatec csl elite wheel... Dirt Rally is so awesome with Fanatec... and I can't believe Rally 2.o is so bad... I watched a lot of reviews and never saw everything that is said in this thread... What happened?
I wouldn't call it a bad game.. Not even close in fact.

Try messing with Advanced Settings and Vibration and Feedback.

Bring Wheel Friction and Tire Friction to 0 as all they're supposed to do is dampen the suspension.

Here are my settings.
20190303_175918.jpg

20190303_180832.jpg

We use different wheels but the game settings do the same things to each wheel.

Also, make sure to bring down your Self Aligning Torque and work your way up when you turn off the 2 Frictions. You should get more detail into your wheel when doing so. Your wheel is much stronger then mine and I wouln't want you to break your wheel. I read a few horror stories recently :scared:.

Of course it still won't be perfect until a patch comes out, but I hope it will keep you content until then.

I find them too light with my G25. Sticking to the default values for now.

Just had a run in the Kadett in Poland. What blast. I love this game!!!!

I find them too light with my G25. Sticking to the default values for now.

Just had a run in the Kadett in Poland. What blast. I love this game!!!!

They are light settings, but driving fast on gravel IRL doesn't have much weight, it loads up as you gain grip. But each person will like a different feel. Loving the game too. If very frustrating. Was having a clean run in the Audi in Argentina in the daily, only to hook the bank and spin between the green and red markers. More practice required.

They are light settings, but driving fast on gravel IRL doesn't have much weight, it loads up as you gain grip. But each person will like a different feel. Loving the game too. If very frustrating. Was having a clean run in the Audi in Argentina in the daily, only to hook the bank and spin between the green and red markers. More practice required.

Audi and Argentina = torture

Audi and Argentina = torture

Lol, I was running the weekly in Argentina and mistakenly loaded my tarmac setup for the R5. It was wet and rutted and I was dragging my undercarriage, I could hear it scraping and grinding all over the 1st two stages until I called it quits.

Lol, I was running the weekly in Argentina and mistakenly loaded my tarmac setup for the R5. It was wet and rutted and I was dragging my undercarriage, I could hear it scraping and grinding all over the 1st two stages until I called it quits.

boh the weekly with the Audio in Argentina is heavy. First stage monsoon in darkness. My brain hurts.

So much rain at Mettet in the Daily event, and not knowing the track. At one point I got lost for a second, after sliding wide and popped out on the start finish straight. The white streaks are a bit over the top, but they simulate loss of visibility in heavy rain well.

I'm enjoying the settings that GTmajarcus posted from Jon a few posts up. Works for me on the PS with the G29. Bit on the light side, but more feel.

I didn’t try them until yesterday evening, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Definitely on the light side, which I thought I wouldn’t like, but surprisingly a bit more road feel than before. Not a ton of road feel, but more than before. Also, gave a good idea of what the car was doing.
I was also surprised that the lightness helped me steer quicker than before. I shaved some time off some prior best laps in RX. Probably why Jon has it set that way.

I'm enjoying the settings that GTmajarcus posted from Jon a few posts up. Works for me on the PS with the G29. Bit on the light side, but more feel.
Well, if you want more feel lower the 2 Friction Settings.

That setting that you said that you like has the Friction settings at 35 and 30.. All that does is dampen the feeling of detail on your wheel.

For me, leaving the 2 Friction settings to 0 gets me the most detail on the wheel.

Well, if you want more feel lower the 2 Friction Settings.

That setting that you said that you like has the Friction settings at 35 and 30.. All that does is dampen the feeling of detail on your wheel.

For me, leaving the 2 Friction settings to 0 gets me the most detail on the wheel.

Interesting. I would have thought higher number would give greater detail of some sort. Will try that out tonight, thanks

I need major help PS4 CSL Elite and when I start up the game I'm on Steering Sen on Auto. I can't calibrate it because I literally have instant wheel lock. Really getting angry at this.

Got the game yesterday, t300 here.
All deafult just reduced rotation to 540 (mode and left buttons, 3 lights) and works perfectly. A bit heavy but way better than dirt1.

Standard 900 was absolutely unsteerable.
Did you get the calibration to stick (at my video earlier in the thread)? As of you don't the soft lock doesn't work and it unusable.

IMAG1054.jpg

Anyone else tried this setting? My theory for trying it is that, the sliders are canned effects or exaggerated. I was looking for less weight and more feel of grip and details. Interested to see what settings others have found.

Edit, one thing I've noticed with this setup is it does remove the cattle grid rattle in exchange for more subtle information.

Last edited:
I got T150. PS4. First try, default setting 1080°. Absolutely could not turn in this range. Almost destroyed my table.

Then I set saturation to 50%, which I now understand is 540°. I had fun, but stage times were too slow.

Finally I set 32% to get 350° and stage times I have much faster.

----

Question - what is the right range for rally car, is 350° fast but not real? Or, I'm I just a bad driver and I need more practice when 540° results in much slower times than 350°? Or I do something just wrong, because default setting should be the right one?

I also don't understand soft lock problematic, because in menu is no explanation at all.Now I have it on, but I don't know what does it mean.

Back