Do you play Gt3 to get 100% or just to drive?

• Thread starter Acidman
  • 81 comments
Originally posted by Famine
First one, then t'other.
Ditto! I do plan to get 100% just to know I did it. I'm not so worried about having all cars all tuned. However, I do like to spread my driving experience around and since I left Beginner I tend not to do more than one series in a given car.

But I also do some OLR which qualifies as 'just driving around' since it doesn't advance my game status.

Two things I don't worry about are Win Ratio and Game days. I quit races all the time if I see that my car/times are too mismatched to the field. I like the races to be nice and tight.

I'm hacking away at my percentage bit by bit (working up to 75% for my 787B!), but a lot of times I'll take an underpowered car and try to beat the computer and just have fun. Or win an easy race to get lots of money to buy a new car, just for the heck of it. And I make it a point that none of my cars has 0.0 miles.

And of course 2 player battles with my 4 year old don't count toward the 100%, and I don't care :P

Originally posted by Acidman
I play it just to get sweet cars and tune the hell out of them. I think i only have about 44% complete and i have no intention what so ever of getting 100% i just like to drive. :D
Agrees with you, am currently at 98 % complete an dont give a dang if I get 100%, Im out for the SPEED of it all just broke the 500 barrier, an sure theres more to be had, unless these folks are blowin smoke up your , you no where.

if you could turn tyre damage off i'd probably do much more, i dont like tyres that wear out. but thats cause i race a 1000bhp skyline with super soft tyres heh. they are red by the end of one lap since i drift as well..

but i completed gt1 to 100%, gt2 to 100% and after that i vowed not to even PLAY gt3, cause i was really annoyed at the endurance races being so long and pointless! :D heh

but i did, and i completed arcade mode instantly and got my skyline R34, suped it up and thats all i drive now. trial mountain and laguna seca, i drive to drift. cause i love it so much

have a formula 1 car since i did an endurance race, but my percentage complete is about 37.7 i think, i have 2.5 million credits and i dont have the slightest intention of wasting my time on "beetle cup" or "altezza challange" when i have all the cars i want at my disposal! :D (including the 787b from completing arcade mode)

paul

Originally posted by Nightmage82
if you could turn tyre damage off i'd probably do much more, i dont like tyres that wear out. but thats cause i race a 1000bhp skyline with super soft tyres heh. they are red by the end of one lap since i drift as well..

but i completed gt1 to 100%, gt2 to 100% and after that i vowed not to even PLAY gt3, cause i was really annoyed at the endurance races being so long and pointless! :D heh

but i did, and i completed arcade mode instantly and got my skyline R34, suped it up and thats all i drive now. trial mountain and laguna seca, i drive to drift. cause i love it so much

have a formula 1 car since i did an endurance race, but my percentage complete is about 37.7 i think, i have 2.5 million credits and i dont have the slightest intention of wasting my time on "beetle cup" or "altezza challange" when i have all the cars i want at my disposal! :D (including the 787b from completing arcade mode)

paul

I like the one lap win code, but have done the 100 lap races, is a bear without a wheel... only way to drink a brewski an drive, an not get hasselled by the law

I play to smash up the AI and to smoke them in the races or to double lap them, and eventually get 100%, I am at 96.3% right now....

Originally posted by Nightmage82

paul
What cars did you unlock in the Arcade events ?

Originally posted by Josh7058
I can see me getting pissed off going for that Green Supra RZ.

That is what I took from the Vitx Pro. I wanted the black Altezza LM Car but it took too long to come up so I quit with the Supra.

Originally posted by Masterblaster
What cars did you unlock in the Arcade events ?

umm im sure that information is provided somewhere online, but off the top of my head i can only think of the ruf gt (the non-turbo 911) and the mazda 787b. there were several other s-class cars, i think i won the corvette too, vertigo i think as well... i only race the skyline and ruf gt so i can't remember sorry! :D heh

of course now i race my garage-skyline cause it has 5x as much hp as the standard one. and drifts better

paul

im concentrating on perfecting my drifting technique whilst also struggling with the tt7 and tt8:irked: :mad:
theyre all i got left

I play to drive and tune cars. Getting 100% would be cool but I'd rather get cool cars than kill the replay value of it.

hey kosmik the replay value in this game is unbeatable even if i had 100% id be playing it for the rest of my life!:lol: :rolleyes:
there are so many things to do on it:
*drift
*hybrid
*try new settings
*race for the fun of it
*go stupidly fast speeds, fly into the immense black space, and crash the game:lol:

this is relatively on topic because its concerning 100% but more towards tt8 i noticed somewhere that someone said they had done tt8 with a time of 4'52.xxx but on my game (pal) i have to get 4'49.896 now someone has prolly asked this b4 but is there a diff between the tt times on NTSC and PAL:confused:

Originally posted by bondy_1625
hey kosmik the replay value in this game is unbeatable even if i had 100% id be playing it for the rest of my life!:lol: :rolleyes:
there are so many things to do on it:
*drift
*hybrid
*try new settings
*race for the fun of it
*go stupidly fast speeds, fly into the immense black space, and crash the game:lol:

True. True.

I'm way too distracted by the difficulty drifting to bother with the monotony of blasting away the computer (except the time trials) to get 100%. I'm only at about 35% completion.:lol: :cool:

I play to just drive...cuz i don't have my license yet...and I always wanted to drive...sometimes my parents let me take their car around the block...but its pretty dangerous when you don't have a license...

Originally posted by gearhead 101
I like to win and so does almost everyone but I am at 72.7% and have no intentions of reaching 100%. I race then I buy stuff then race etc.
You havent done the arcade races have you ? they arent that hard with an F1 car. The first set are 2 lappers, second go rounds a 3 lapper, an the hard is a 5 lappers...
If you race in professional mode you wont get credit for the win.... i was at 72.5 % until i started to tear into the arcade events, am now at 94.8 %

Back