Do you want Gr.2 Cars in GT Sport?

Do you want Gr.2 Cars?

• Yes

Votes: 77 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
and or LMP2.

DTM is much slower in real but if they have GT500s like they have had in the past GT games they will probably Nerf them so they are around DTM speed.

They should move the Scirocco, Megane, RCZ and Audi TT into a Touring car class (Similar to the TCR International series), then add the Hyundai I30N, Audi RS3 LMS, Ford Focus ST/TCR, Civic Type R TCR (FK2 and FK8) and others TCR cars.

For GT4 - They should add the Camaro GT4, Ford GT350, KTM xbow GTR, McLaren 570 GT4 To replace the departure of the Scirocco, megane, rcz and Audi TT.

and or LMP2.

DTM is much slower in real but if they have GT500s like they have had in the past GT games they will probably Nerf them so they are around DTM speed.
I thought both DTM and SuperGT recently run under the same regulations? I even read somewhere about them merging this year. I can look for da sauce if you like to read it as well.

No, I think they need to have proper racing categories closer to the Nx00 classes, rather anything more powerful than Group 3.
Gr. 4? But then again Gr. 4 dailies are few and far in between

I see the old GT1 cars (DBR9, Murcielago R-GT, etc.) occupying Gr.2 along with fictitious variants of hypercars (P1 GTR, Vulcan Gr.2, Aventador Gr.2, Veyron Gr.2 etc.) to be honest.

I thought both DTM and SuperGT recently run under the same regulations? I even read somewhere about them merging this year. I can look for da sauce if you like to read it as well.

Gr. 4? But then again Gr. 4 dailies are few and far in between
DTM and Super GT use Chassis that are around the same level(both using Class one regs), but DTM still use the old 4L V8s which lack about 150-200HP on the Super GT 2L Turbos, DTM eventually will use the same engine regs though, they just taking their time for some reason.

DTM and Super GT use Chassis that are around the same level(both using Class one regs), but DTM still use the old 4L V8s which lack about 150-200HP on the Super GT 2L Turbos, DTM eventually will use the same engine regs though, they just taking their time for some reason.

In regards to evening out the game and car classes, I think PD should honestly just beef up the DTM cars to SuperGT's performance regs.

Cause let's be real, no one wants to have 3 SuperGT cars and 4 DTM cars that aren't even balanced to compete.

Not to mention their downforce and aero is about the same isn't it? So it wouldn't be that far fetched to bring the DTM cars up to SuperGT speed.

Oh please not another gr class.

It’s boring enough now with Gr4s driving on rails, having even gr2 in the sport daily mix would be the end.

In regards to evening out the game and car classes, I think PD should honestly just beef up the DTM cars to SuperGT's performance regs.

Cause let's be real, no one wants to have 3 SuperGT cars and 4 DTM cars that aren't even balanced to compete.

Not to mention their downforce and aero is about the same isn't it? So it wouldn't be that far fetched to bring the DTM cars up to SuperGT speed.
Super GT uses performance Ballast in real anyway, so we don't really know their true speed, their cars tend to get updated more frequently then DTM as well so I would say Super Gt would have the edge but not by a massive margin.

The funny thing is GT300 GT3 cars are faster then GTLM due to Superior tyres as they have a proper tyre war.

Super GT uses performance Ballast in real anyway, so we don't really know their true speed, their cars tend to get updated more frequently then DTM as well so I would say Super Gt would have the edge but not by a massive margin.

The funny thing is GT300 GT3 cars are faster then GTLM due to Superior tyres as they have a proper tyre war.

That's a good point. Also it hits me, would they include the GT300 class in with the Gr. 2 or would they have to BoP them to Gr. 3 standards? I know they're fairly even to FIA GT3 cars (Since GT3 cars compete in the series) but I can't help but think that the JAF GT300 cars have a bit of an aero edge.

That's a good point. Also it hits me, would they include the GT300 class in with the Gr. 2 or would they have to BoP them to Gr. 3 standards? I know they're fairly even to FIA GT3 cars (Since GT3 cars compete in the series) but I can't help but think that the JAF GT300 cars have a bit of an aero edge.
GT300 cars in Gr. 3 are relatively low powered conpared to GT3/E, so I imagine they're basically fancier 4C Gr. 3 cars if PD does add them in

Gr2 would just be cars that are 10/20 mph faster and more aerodynamic. Should change LMP cars to a different group. something like gr lmp1 (lmp2 if they add them). That would make room for more hardcore group class gt cars.

Absolutely would I love a Gr.2. For me, at least, this would be the ultimate of ultimates add on for the game (along with the appropriate tracks)

But not exactly how the OP has it. From a previous post

More importantly, I'd love for them to add a Gr.2 and model it after the GT1 cars of the 90s/early 00s. Limit them to 650-700hp base. But also include modern hyper cars so that we could finally have an chance to do some cool races with them

Gr.2:

LaFerrari
Mclaren P1
918 Spyder
911 GT1
Mclaren F1 GTLM
Ferrari F50
Ferrari 550/575 GTC
Aston DBR9
Lamborghini Murcielago LM
Aventador LM
BMW M8 (the E31 model, not the new one. And give us the dream LeMans racer BMW never made)
Maserati MC12
Saleen S7
Veyron
Chiron
Aventador
XJ-220

GT300 cars in Gr. 3 are relatively low powered conpared to GT3/E, so I imagine they're basically fancier 4C Gr. 3 cars if PD does add them in

That's a good point. I guess their lack of power to the higher powered GT3 cars is made up for with their aero and weight.

Absolutely would I love a Gr.2. For me, at least, this would be the ultimate of ultimates add on for the game (along with the appropriate tracks)

But not exactly how the OP has it. From a previous post

More importantly, I'd love for them to add a Gr.2 and model it after the GT1 cars of the 90s/early 00s. Limit them to 650-700hp base. But also include modern hyper cars so that we could finally have an chance to do some cool races with them

Gr.2:

LaFerrari
Mclaren P1
918 Spyder
911 GT1
Mclaren F1 GTLM
Ferrari F50
Ferrari 550/575 GTC
Aston DBR9
Lamborghini Murcielago LM
Aventador LM
BMW M8 (the E31 model, not the new one. And give us the dream LeMans racer BMW never made)
Maserati MC12
Saleen S7
Veyron
Chiron
Aventador
XJ-220

It's Wishful thinking Frfr. Me, I agree! I would love this to be a reality and have a hefty GT1 class as Gr. 2. However, for them to add all those cars (as well as their respective road going versions) would be a heavy task. Not to mention; unless they completely threw out the BoP and aero differences, it would be hell trying to even out all the modern day cars turned GT1, the GT1 cars of the 90s and the GT1 cars of the 2000s. I feel like as if it would be a very time consuming task unless they planned on doing it from the jump.

Last edited:
I was thinking DTM or something for group 2. We don't need another class for gtlm cars when we already have group 3 to balance them in imo.
170317-mercedes-amg.jpg

or even LMP2
wec-aragon-march-testing-2017-g-drive-racing-oreca.jpg

Last edited:
These quoted cars would not be Gr.2. They are equated to Gr.3 cars.

Gr.2 cars would be Super GT (GT500), LMP2, FIA GT1 or DTM.

IMO,

I would put the LMP2 cars in Gr.1, working with the BOP.

The GT300 (Super GT) cars would put them on Gr.3 as well.

In Gr. 2, in addition to the GT500 (Super GT) and DTM, I would place the famous FIA GT1 cars, such as Mclaren F1 GT1, Toyota GT-One, Lambo Nomad Diablo GT1, Lister Storm, Mercedes CLK GTR GT1, FErrari F50 GT1, Porsche 911 GT1, Panoz Esperante GT1 , Nissan R390 GT1 and Lotus Elise GT1.

Last edited:
Back