Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,241 comments
What the hell happened at the end of the Women's title match?!, a few tweets said that Mickie popped her shoulder and that's why she couldn't continue, but Mickie looked confused at the ref when he stopped the match, could be the ref's fault.

Retribution got more involved last night, I think one of them is definitely Dominic Dijakovic, and maybe Mia Yim too.

WWE have said that the next Takeover will be on 4th October which is a Sunday.

On NXT tonight there are two title matches, a North American title match between Priest and Tim Thatcher plus a tag title match between Breezango and Imperium. Plus Women's Champion Io Shirai v Shotzi Blackheart which is non-title, also William Regal has two major announcements.

NXT UK re-starts tomorrow night. 👍

What the hell happened at the end of the Women's title match?!, a few tweets said that Mickie popped her shoulder and that's why she couldn't continue, but Mickie looked confused at the ref when he stopped the match, could be the ref's fault.
That was probably the worst botch I've seen in WWE.

Not a lot happened on NXT last night, the two title matches were good but the champions retained comfortably, the William Regal announcement was the match to find a number one contender for Finn Balor's NXT title, next week there will be a 'Gauntlet Eliminator', two competitors will start with another one entering every four minutes and you eliminate some one via pin fall or submission and last one standing faces Balor for the title at Takeover, so basically its a battle royal but you can pin people. we don't know how many are taking part yet. Or who they will be.

Speaking of a battle royal there will be a female one next week as well to determine Io Shirai's next challenger for the Women's title, and this is featuring pretty much every member of the female roster.

Smackdown tonight.

A repeat of last week's main event tag match between Reigns/Uso v Sheamus/Corbin but this time its a Samoan street fight.
More IC title tear-ups but with AJ Styles v Sami Zayn in what I think is Sami's first match back.
Sasha Banks returns to respond to Bayley's attack and her reasons for it.
Moment of Bliss with guest Nikki Cross which should be pretty interesting.

Loved the look on Roman's face after the main event when Jey left the ring, you just know Roman will batter Jey quite quickly in their match,

Smackdown tag title match has been made for COC between Cesaro/Nakamura and Lucha House Party (who are still arguing) and triple threat ladder match for the IC title with Hardy/Styles/Zayn also made.

Good show last night.

Remember when I said Shorty G was an incredibly stupid name to give to a pro wrestler employed by the largest promotion?

A half-step above Super Giant Ninja on the "Let Elementary School Kids Name A Wrestler" scale

Retribution is like a wrestling faction ran by Professor Chaos. Their schemes seems super evil in their own minds but in reality they don't actually damage anything.

They really should have watched some MLW and taken some notes from Contra, they even took advantage of Covid and framed the down time as them holding the entire company hostage.

Disappointing that Raw Women's champ Asuka is only on the pre-show on Sunday, also a shame that she has a short rivalry with Zelina Vega too and her facing Mickie James would have been better, if Becky or Charlotte had the belt would they ever be on the pre-show?!

Seth trying to break up the Mysterio family is interesting and I like the little twist the storyline has taken.

Tag title match for COC was made when Andrade and Garza won a triple threat match last night so they will now face current champs The Street Profits (I thought Andrade and Garza were splitting up?!), Lashley v Crews for the US title has also been made for Sunday.

Dominic Dijakovic, Dio Madden and Shane Thorne made their Raw debuts last night, you will now know them as members of Retribution, Dijakovic and Dio both featured in the six man tag match (don't know who the other guy was) Mia Yim is also a member of the group and gave a promo earlier in the night, you might remember Dio from when he did Raw commentary briefly a while ago, Dijakovic has had his head shaved but its definitely him, the names and mask some of the members had were the talk of backstage before the show and not in a good way as they were laughed at, no the best way to start a new faction!

Unpopular opinion: 2019 Seth Rollins was actually pretty good compared to 2020 Version. This Messiah persona was also good at the begining but now? He now has 0 followers (AOP gone, Murphy seems to be also gone), has multiple PPV loses, and now he is recycling a storyline from 2005?

Nope, does not work for me.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: 2019 Seth Rollins was actually pretty good compared to 2020 Version. This Mesiah persona was pretty good at the begining but now? He now has 0 followers (AOP gone, Murphy seems to be also gone), has multiple PPV loses, and now he is recycling a storyline from 2005?

Nope, does not work for me.

I think the whole Messiah thing is done, it was great for a while but now its fizzled out.

Becky is due to give birth in December so maybe its the right time for Seth to take a break and be with her, and perhaps return as a face for the Royal Rumble

I think the whole Messiah thing is done, it was great for a while but now its fizzled out.

Mmm... I believe hell in a cell will be the last thing for the Messiah thing, especially if Becky is set to give birth in December (last month is always the hardest for the couple)... And it will go like this:
  • Hell in a Cell match (loser is long gone or something like that)
  • Murphy betrays Rollins and becomes face
  • Ultimate beatdown to Rollins by the Mysterio's
  • (Hopefully not) Rey's daughter and Murphy have something...
Honestly, I'm done with RAW if the last thing actually happens... -.-

Becky is due to give birth in December so maybe its the right time for Seth to take a break and be with her, and perhaps return as a face for the Royal Rumble

I can totally see him turning face once Jr. is here. That would be the right call.

To be honest, the thing I miss the most about old Seth is his theme song. The new one is pretty poor.

I totally agree with this. I feel that it started to lose it's spark after Payback. I hope they wrap this up soon, 'cause I don't know how much more they can squeeze out of it.

Also, I guess Strowman's on RAW now? He was on the KO Show with Dabba-Kato from Underground.

I know WWE will give him a tribute, not sure if they'll do it tonight or Friday, but has AEW done any tributes yet?

I'm shocked he was only 60. RIP, Animal.

Very sad to hear of his passing. Road Warriors were a little but before my time when I started watching Wrestling but I know that they were trail-blazers who paved the way for many of the tag teams in Wrestling today.

RIP Animal.

NXT last night Candice LaRae won the number one contenders battle royale so she will now face Io Shirai for the Women's title at Takeover, before the show it was announced that Jonny Gargano will challenge Damian Priest for the NA title, Kyle O'Reilly won the 'gauntlet eliminator' and he will now face Finn Balor for the NXT title.

Smackdown tonight.

An interview with Roman Reigns.
Jeff Hardy v Sami Zayn-non title match.
Alexa Bliss v Lacey Evans.

Remember when I said that Mace, T-Bar, and Slapjack were a half-step above Super Giant Ninja on the "Let Elementary School Kids Name A Wrestler" scale?

With this and Mercedes Martinez rebranding as Retaliation, we are just one goth who spews promos in Victorian sonnets named Nightmare away from going full e-fed.

Please, when they kill this storyline, please have these poor souls take the writing staff responsible, likely including Vince, and issue physical Retribution for having to do this.

Clash Of Champions card for tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Raw Women's Championship

Asuka (c) v Zelina Vega
-----------------------------------------------

United States Championship

Bobby Lashley (c) v Apollo Crews

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Street Profits (c) v Andrade & Angel Garza

Women's Tag Team Championship
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax (c) v The Riott Squad

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura (c) v Lucha House Party

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Nikki Cross

Intercontinental Championship-Triple Threat Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy (c) v AJ Styles v Sami Zayn

Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) v Jey Uso

WWE Championship-Ambulance Match
Drew McIntyre (c) v Randy Orton

Kick-Off show is on, one change to the card, the Smackdown tag title match is now on the pre-show with Asuka v Vega on the main card, I have no problems with that.

Edit: More breaking news! Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax and Nikki Cross are not 'medically cleared' to compete tonight so their matches wont take place, The Women's tag titles will be addressed on Raw and Bayley is in the building tonight so she will address her title situation tonight.

Last edited:
Kick-Off show is on, one change to the card, the Smackdown tag title match is now on the pre-show with Asuka v Vega on the main card, I have no problems with that.

Edit: More breaking news! Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax and Nikki Cross are not 'medically cleared' to compete tonight so their matches wont take place, The Women's tag titles will be addressed on Raw and Bayley is in the building tonight so she will address her title situation tonight.

Nia already been like... :lol::lol:

tenor.gif

Back