Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
It was a great end to the show, the Paul Bearer tribute was touching, Both Vince and Taker seemed genuinely emotional, it feels like the end for him.

As for the rest of the show I enjoyed it, two superb matches in the New Day/Street Profits and Reigns/McIntyre, Reigns McIntyre was a great main event match and New Day and the Street Profits had a brilliant tag team match, Asuka v Sasha was good but I think that they have had better matches in the past, Lashley v Zayn felt like filler. The women's SS match finished weirdly with Lana being the sole survivor after she mostly stood on the ring steps, it made the women's tag champs look dumb, Belair was impressive though. the men's team match was kinda meh, Seth eliminating himself early was weird but I guess he wants to go home to a ready-to-drop Becky quickly!

They did mention the score last night at all but if you include the battle royal on the pre-show which Raw's Miz won then Raw won last night 4-3.

The gobbledy gooker won the 24/7 title last night (yes really!) but R-Truth won it back in the end, meaning he is a 45 time 24/7 title and if you include the other five titles he's won he is now a 50 time title holder!

No Fiend interruption during Taker's farewell or Miz cash in on the main event match.

There were some opportune moments where Miz could've cashed in and pinned both Reigns and McIntyre. I was expecting him to show up at those parts.

Orton is moving on from the WWE Championship picture to enter a feud with the Fiend, apparently.

Also, (Matt) Riddle, Keith Lee and AJ Styles will collide for a WWE Championshipopportunity. If you ask me, AJ vs McIntyre is the way to go. It's almost like a dream match to me.

I was fully expecting the Taker farewell to end with a "Let Me In." as he walked off the stage. I believe Taker mentioned in a recent interview that he would love to do an angle with The Fiend, which is why I find it strange that they're hyping this as his "retirement". Unless Vince pushed him to retire so they could capitalize on the 30th anniversary of his debut.

I'm not a fan of wrestlers retiring and then coming back for more matches. Until Saudi last year, I though Shawn had the perfect retirement and kinda tainted it.

I was fully expecting the Taker farewell to end with a "Let Me In." as he walked off the stage. I believe Taker mentioned in a recent interview that he would love to do an angle with The Fiend, which is why I find it strange that they're hyping this as his "retirement". Unless Vince pushed him to retire so they could capitalize on the 30th anniversary of his debut.
I think it's a dual case of they wanted to pay proper respect to one of their most popular wrestlers, and that there's no way to have the two of them do a feud without either killing the Fiend's push or making Taker look weak, and both of those outcomes will just make everyone angry.

Add to that Yaker has apparently said he is not a fan of cinematic matches, and with the Funhouse material being mainly cinematic based, there may not have been any middle ground there.

I think now, as well, taking a hand-off like that would be a long term hinderance as people would dismiss the Fiend as either WWE hanging on to the past or trying to pass off this new thing by tying it to an old one. The Fiend needs to be a different demon entirely.

Well, Strowman has been suspended indefinitely for attacking Adam Pearce. Wonder where they're going with this...

Looks like it will be Kevin Owens who will challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal title after what happened on Smackdown.

I can get on board with this!

AJ Styles will face Drew McIntyre for the WWE title at TLC after he beat Keith Lee and Riddle in a good triple threat match on Raw last night.

The show opened with a great segment involving Alexa Bliss/Fiend/Orton. Lana pinned Baszler in a tag team match so that will probably mean that Asuka and Lana will be facing Jax/Baszler for the titles, Jeff Hardy beat Elias in a Symphony of Destruction feud-ending match.

Cant really think of anything else interesting that happened last night.

Pat Patterson has sadly passed away aged 79.

He was the first ever Intercontinental Champion and creator of the Royal Rumble match, I think most of us will best know him from his on-screen backstage role he had during the attitude era. He was inducted into the 1996 Hall Of Fame by Bret Hart.

RIP Pat Patterson.

Sting made an appearance on AEW. If this was 10 years ago I may be excited about that particular fact, as is I don't particularly care.

Kenny won the title with the help of Don Callis. Following the match Callis quickly led Omega out of the arena and said to watch on Tuesday to hear what they have to say. This would of course be far more doable if Impact was on an actual TV channel, at least there's always YouTube.

Sting made an appearance on AEW. If this was 10 years ago I may be excited about that particular fact, as is I don't particularly care.

Kenny won the title with the help of Don Callis. Following the match Callis quickly led Omega out of the arena and said to watch on Tuesday to hear what they have to say. This would of course be far more doable if Impact was on an actual TV channel, at least there's always YouTube.

It's always great to see Sting but nothing AEW has done so far has topped the genuine holy 🤬 moment of Brodie winning the TNT title earlier this year. Which is a good thing because my expectations have yet to fall down a sharp incline. Whenever that next moment is, it will get an audible reaction out of me.

Until then, I am more than enjoying this. AEW is literally the only wrestling I watch these days. :lol:

And the thing that happens next week? I don't know how I'll see it, but I want to see it.

First time that Sting has appeared on TNT since 2001!

Great tribute video to Pat Patterson at the start of NXT, it was to the song of My Way by Sinatra which Pat's Karaoke song, Apparently he loved Karaoke and his parties were legendary.

NXT Wargames is this Sunday, plus Tribute To The Troops.

And the thing that happens next week? I don't know how I'll see it, but I want to see it.

Supposedly Impact is livestreamed on their Twitch channel. At least that's my understanding and I hope I'm right as an "unaffiliated*" promotion literally stealing the champion from another promotion is certainly a storyline I can't say I've seen before. I'm extremely curious where they go with this, I just hope they don't make a mess of it like WWE did with the WCW invasion.

*Obviously they have a partnership of some kind, but storyline wise Don was solely there because of his personal ties to Kenny.

A pretty good Smackdown tonight.

Looks like there's a rivalry between Bianca Belair and Bayley.

There was a nice remembrance of Pat with his old IC belt which was followed up by a memorial tag team match made up of past and present IC Champions. Daniel Bryan, Rey and Big E (now with a new theme) successfully won against Ziggler, Nakamura and Sami Zayn.

Carmella and Sasha Banks exchanged words via video chat and they will now have a match at TLC.

King Corbin won his rematch against Murphy with his new bodyguards attacking Rey and Domonick.

The final match of the evening was Reigns and Jey against Otis and Kevin Owens. It started out as a 2-on-1 with Roman not coming out right away. Once he did, he took out Otis so he and Jey can beat the crap out of Owens. It ended as a DQ when Reigns applied the Guillotine on Kevin after Stunning Jey. Then, they bashed him with chairs until Roman hits Jey as well. He was probably pissed that he was forced to defend at TLC against KO.

A few matches made for TLC.

Before the show last night it was announced that The Fiend will face Randy Orton and Nia Jax/Shayna Baszler will defend their tag titles v Asuka and Lana.

During the show they announced Sami Zayn v Daniel Bryan for the IC title, Sasha Banks v Carmella for the SD Women's title and Reigns v Owens TLC match for the Universal title.

@GTvsForza one thing you didn't mention, Dominik Mysterio's shirt! :lol:

NXT War Games is tonight. Here is the card.

Timothy Thatcher v Tommaso Ciampa

Strap Match.
Cameron Grimes v Dexter Lumis

NXT North American Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Leon Ruff (c) v Damien Priest v Jonny Gargano

Women's War Games Match.
Team Candice (Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez & Toni Storm)
V
Team Shotzi (Shotzi Blackheart, Ember Moon, Rhea Ripley & Io Shirai)

Men's War Games Match.
Undisputed Era v Pat McAfee, Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch & Pete Dunne

Edit: Put Shotzi in twice, the other team-mate is Io Shirai.

Last edited:
NXT War Games is tonight. Here is the card.

Timothy Thatcher v Tommaso Ciampa

Strap Match.
Cameron Grimes v Dexter Lumis

NXT North American Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Leon Ruff (c) v Damien Priest v Jonny Gargano

Women's War Games Match.
Team Candice (Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez & Toni Storm)
V
Team Shotzi (Shotzi Blackheart, Ember Moon, Rhea Ripley & Io Shirai)

Men's War Games Match.

Edit: Put Shotzi in twice, the other team-mate is Io Shirai.

I'm actually pretty excited for this card. Although I am out of the loop with wrestling that is a solid card!

Men's War Games Match.

It's pretty crazy that this will be the 4th War Games and despite UE being in every one they've still managed to make it a compelling story. That is a feat I can't see the main roster shows pulling off.

The pre-show is on, no changes to the card. The Women's War Games match will open the show.

Tribute to the troops was earlier tonight, during the McIntyre-Miz match they announced that the McIntyre-Styles WWE title match will be a TLC match at TLC.

@GTvsForza I think he is still recovering from his fractured jaw, he did return to NXT a couple of weeks ago but it was only to give a promo, he hasn't wrestled since his great match v Kyle O'Reilly, I think Karrion Kross is due back soon too.

Great show last night, all the matches were great so its difficult to pick match of the night, I'll probably go for Thatcher v Ciampa as it was a brilliant brutal old school type match and both experienced guys made everything mean something.

Raquel Gonzalez pinned the Women's champ Io Shirai for the win in the Women's war games match, Jonny Gargano is now a three time NA champion after pinning Leon Ruff in the triple threat match.

Back